Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Figure Skating-Discussions

junior
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by ade17 View Post
    welcome, Steph! i like this name, because i'm Stephane Lambiel fan.
    and who is your favorite skater?
    stephane lambiel is my favourite sk8er!however i also like brian, evan lyscek and some others,at first, i liked alexei yagudin,and after his retirement i noticed mr ladybug!now i appreciate him as much as i appreciated alyosha,he has improved a lot since 2002!and that's gr8 to see

Reputatie
    yeah...you're right!
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    Cine spunea nu demult ca o place pe Nicole Bobek? (campiana USA 1995 si bronz CM 1995) ? Poate Alin? Apropos, unde-i Alin? Am vesti proaste despre patinatoare; a fost arestata pentru detinere de droguri

watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OK1TxdXhcY
    read: http://www.apakistannews.com/nicole-...mugshot-128641

Am pus si un clip cu program de-al ei, ca-i medaliata si frumoasa.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGH04...eature=related
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 20th August 2009 at 22:24.
    "Cand simt nevoia de maretie, la Yagudin ma intorc."

Reputatie
    Switching Nations to Find New Skating Partners
    By CHRISTOPHER CLAREY
    Published: January 27, 2010

<<
    TALLINN, Estonia — She is a 20-year-old from Richmond, Va. He is 24 and from Whitby, Ontario. Together, they compete for Greece as a professional pairs figure skating team.

The globalization of skating, as exemplified by Jessica Crenshaw and her skating partner, Chad Tsagris, was on full display at the European championships here last week.

While countries of origin and nationality were once determining factors, rules changes and increased movement of talent across borders make for ever more exotic mixes on and off the medal stand. Of the 16 pairs who made it to last week’s free program, six were composed of skaters who started their careers competing for different countries. Of the 26 teams in original dance, nine were in the same situation.

There were Frenchmen skating for Italy; Ukrainians skating for Bulgaria and Germany; and a Canadian-born Briton skating for France.

There was also Yuko Kavaguti, a former singles skater from Japan whose surname was Kawaguchi before it was modified after she took Russian nationality and her name was transliterated from official Russian documents.

“Just about anything is possible,” said Rocky Marvel, a former United States pairs champion who is now based in Mt. Laurel, N.J., and coaches Crenshaw and Tsagris.

International Skating Union rules require only one member of a pairs or ice dance team to have a passport from the country they represent. In order to increase the competitive pool and allow skaters to find partners more easily in disciplines that were losing numbers and relevance, citizenship rules were eased in 2006. Skaters who switch allegiances after representing another country must now sit out just one calendar year, instead of two, before representing their new nation in I.S.U. championships. The one-year rule only applies if their former nation releases them.

“They had to do it to save the sport,” said the British pairs skater David King, who has not teamed with a foreigner but skates with his compatriot Stacey Kemp. “Look, not many teams were coming. There were only 11 or 12 in Europeans a few years ago. So they had to mix it up a bit. This year we had 21 teams in Europeans, so it’s fantastic. It’s pushing the sport. It’s so easy to travel these days. It makes no sense to have teams from just one country.”

In other sports, like tennis, doubles players who play on the regular tour with a partner from another nation can easily find a partner from their own country for the Olympics. But pairs and ice dance teams generally require years of training together to reach the elite level. Kavaguti left Japan in 1999 to train with the renowned Russian pairs coach Tamara Moskvina in New Jersey. She represented the United States for a period with an American partner before moving to Russia with Moskvina in 2003. She ultimately renounced her Japanese citizenship so she could compete with Aleksandr Smirnov at the highest level, including the Olympics.

“It’s strange to need a visa to go back to your own country,” said Kavaguti, the first international-level skater from another country to represent Russia.

But after her decade-long quest, the delicately built yet strong-willed Kavaguti received her first major reward last week. She and Smirnov upset Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy of Germany, who had won the last three European titles and the last two world titles.

Many of the skaters who have switched nations could not find partners in their own countries.

“For pair girls, there are 100 girls for every one guy who wants a partner,” Crenshaw said. “To be able to find a partner and to be able to compete in Europeans and go to worlds, it’s actually almost a miracle.”

Crenshaw’s near-miracle was made possible by the fact that Tsagris’s father is Greek.

Caitlin Mallory, a 22-year-old studying neuroscience at the University of Michigan, could not find an American partner, so she is competing for Estonia with Kristjan Rand. “It’s wonderful to have the support of a country behind you,” Mallory said, “but day in and day out, you are training just the two of you together.”

Mallory and Rand, who finished 13th here, were good enough to qualify last year for the Olympics. But because of Estonia’s laws against dual citizenship, Mallory would have had to renounce her United States citizenship to be eligible.

Mallory said she was unaware of Estonia’s citizenship restrictions when she and Rand joined forces, but she said she had not explored it, in part, because she never expected they would become an Olympic-caliber team so quickly. Mallory said she was initially prepared to abandon her United States citizenship, even though this was only her fourth visit to Estonia and she does not yet speak the language fluently. But she said she changed her mind after the documents arrived last year in the United States, where she and Rand have their training base.

“It was a hard, really hard decision,” she said. “When it came down to the last month before I really had to make the decision, I consulted my parents and some lawyers to try to work out what it would mean logistically for me to be able to go to school in Michigan and be able to continue training in the U.S., and we just realized it was too much of a sacrifice for one competition.”

The consolation prize was having the pleasure of performing in these championships for a home crowd in Estonia. It was hardly the home crowd she would have imagined growing up in Berkeley, Calif., but then modern figure skating is full of such surprises.

The host announcer had just finished his interview with the new European pairs champions, and the two Russian skaters each thanked the crowd.

“Spasiba,” Smirnov said.

“Arigato,” Kavaguti said.
    >>

Reputatie
    Cautand vids de la Courchevel, am gasit despre arbitrii si cum se inspira ei unii de la altii
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECV8Y...layer_embedded
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ihor...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 31st August 2010 at 12:51.

Reputatie
    of,of, arbitrii. nu se poate fara ei dar nici cu ei
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    http://asport.ro/alte-sporturi-diver...tistic,120569#

Fostul internațional turc Ilhan Mansiz, locul 3 cu Turcia la CM 2002 de fotbal, s-a apucat la 35 ani de patinaj cu dorința de a-și reprezenta țara la JO de iarnă 2014 de la Soci, relatează presa germană.
    Prima competiție oficială pentru inedita pereche va fi în ianuarie 2012, la Campionatul național al Turciei.

http://rt.com/Top_News/2010-09-24/fo...ic-skater.html

Reputatie
    Exista si fotbalisti care au gusturi bune!

Reputatie
    Bv lui, sper sa reuseasca ce si-a propus mai ales ca alaturi de Emre a fost unul din fotbalistii mei preferati la Mondialul din 2002 si pot spune era foarte talentat ca si fotbalist asa ca are toate sansele sa triumfe si ca patinator.
    Oricum eu ii tin pumnii si daca se califica eu voi tine si cu ei mai ales ca in afara de Aliona/Robin nu mai prea aveam alti preferati in proba de perechi!
    "Că ai căzut nu are importanță deoarece numai modul în care te ridici contează" Nelson Mandela

"Figure skating needs to be aesthetic" Stephane Lambiel
    Echipa de Gimnastică a României-Simply the best

Reputatie
    S-a orientat foarte bine turcul Sa aiba multa bafta, mai ales ca nu cred ca elementele sunt foarte usor de invatat!
    "In muzică există ceva care te poate atinge unde nu o poate face nici cel mai profund gând." Sergiu Celibidache

Reputatie
    http://en.rian.ru/sports/20101025/161084102.html

Se vor introduce noi probe olimpice la Sochi printre care si o competitie de patinaj artistic pe echipe.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonaB View Post
    http://en.rian.ru/sports/20101025/161084102.html

Se vor introduce noi probe olimpice la Sochi printre care si o competitie de patinaj artistic pe echipe.
    Ar fi super ca Johnny si Plushy sa concureze amandoi pt Rusia, dar cel mai tare ar fi ca Brian si Chan sa concureze in aceeasi echipa!
    "Că ai căzut nu are importanță deoarece numai modul în care te ridici contează" Nelson Mandela

Reputatie
    Suna interesant!!!
    http://icechampionships.blogspot.com/p/about-us.html

The International Cup of Skating Excellence (ICE) is a new figure skating competition positioned to deliver a global series of events that will ignite broader interest in the sport of figure skating. A select group of the world’s greatest skating stars, distinguished by having won Olympic and/or World Championship medals, will be invited to compete in a series of one-night events over three consecutive weeks. This “ISU Open International Competition Series” will provide the world’s outstanding skaters, both current eligible and former champions, an opportunity to perform on the same ice. ICE is collaborating with the International Skating Union (ISU) to create an event that will allow for the greatest technical, artistic and emotional excitement that only the world’s best skaters can bring to a worldwide audience.

Olympic and World Champion, po****r television commentator, author and entertainer Scott Hamilton along with three-time Emmy Award-winning figure skating television producer and director Rob Dustin, and respected sports, entertainment and venue executive Bobby Goldwater offer a new sports/entertainment property. ICE, in arenas live and on television globally, is a celebration of figure skating by the greatest athletes of the sport.

THE ISU AND ICE - A NEW VISION FOR FIGURE SKATING

Annual Series with only the best in the world in figure skating invited to compete.
    Allows established, champion skaters an opportunity to compete without losing eligibility status.
    Offers skaters attractive prize money and increased international exposure.
    Opens new opportunities for building ISU figure skating brand extensions.
    Provides new inventory for both TV rights holders and sponsors.
    Expands the ISU’s presence in sports through the development and introduction of a “high-profile event,” using a modified ISU scoring and judging system.

ICE CONCEPT
    Select group of skaters invited from all four disciplines: Ladies, Men’s Pairs and Ice Dance.
    Three-week competition: Two rounds on consecutive weeks, then the finals.
    International series: A different country hosting each week of competition.
    Nine hours of compelling TV programming: Three, three-hour programming blocks.
    Fresh and unpredictable: Skaters perform new routines in first two rounds.
    Head-to-head finals: The top two in each discipline qualify for their championship.
    Exciting, fan-friendly performances featuring contemporary music.
    Innovative and interactive presentation of elements and scores for television and live audience.
    Cash bonuses for landing technically difficult jumps.

PROPOSED GLOBAL REGIONS:
    ASIA
    EUROPE
    NORTH AMERICA

ICE WILL LAUNCH ITS FIRST SEASON IN 2012.

Deci de asta se tot gudura Scott pe langa Cinquanta la Mondiale!!!

Reputatie
    Javier Fernandez se va antrena cu Brian Orser!! (vestea a fost anuntata de Javrier pe pagina sa de facebook)
    + http://hieloespanol.blogspot.com/201...renar-con.html
    “It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities, progressive ideas.”-F.M. Dostoievski

Reputatie
    A propos de Fernandez, imaginea e de la patinoarul din Jaca - Spania. Aici are Mishin tabara de vara in 12-25 iunie 2011.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-38kZWpXg47...lo-portada.jpg
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 14th June 2011 at 23:32.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by JoannaStrange View Post
    Javier Fernandez se va antrena cu Brian Orser!! (vestea a fost anuntata de Javrier pe pagina sa de facebook)
    + http://hieloespanol.blogspot.com/201...renar-con.html
    Intr-un fel imi pare rau ca Javier nu se va mai antrena cu Morozov pt k alaturi de el a progresat mult, LP lui cu "Piratii din Caraibe" din sezonul trecut ramane unul din preferetatele mele dar poate e mai asa sa se antreneze cu Orser pt k Morozov e foarte solicitat , are multi elevi si nu poate sa se ocupe de fiecare cum ar tb. Si Orser e un antrenor bun, imi place ce a reusit cu Yu-Na Kim si Adam Rippon asa k sunt sigura ca si Javi va pastra trendul ascendenta pe care se afla si in viitorul nu f indepartat il vom vedea pe podium.

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonaB View Post
    Suna interesant!!!
    http://icechampionships.blogspot.com/p/about-us.html

Deci de asta se tot gudura Scott pe langa Cinquanta la Mondiale!!!
    Fii sigura ca Hamilton nu s-a autoinvitat langa Cinquanta la Moscova. Mi-a venit sa rad cand am citit ca ISU a aprobat proiectul lui Scott, ca si cum ar fi existat si posibilitatea sa-l respinga. Pai Cinquanta are un nas foarte fin cand este vorba despre bani, le simte mirosul de la o posta, iar acest proiect aduce venituri frumoase la bugetul ISU, $peedy nu face afaceri proaste.

Sigur ca Scott a avut nevoie de acordul ISU fiindca fara binecuvantarea lui Cinquanta, aceasta serie de concursuri n-ar fi putut include patinatori amatori, dar daca Cinquanta e asa grozav, de ce n-a venit el cu asemenea proiecte fara Hamilton si ce are Hamilton in spate, adica finantele?

In 1984, Scott a infintat turneul Stars on Ice care exista si astazi si n-a avut nici un an de pauza. Pai trebuie sa fie ceva de capul lui daca a reusit sa convinga diverse companii sa-i sponsorizeze spectacolele an de an in asa fel incat sa-i plateasca foarte bine pe patinatori si sa le ofere conditii excelente de turneu. Ar fi o naivitate sa credem ca toate cheltuielile pe care le presupune un turneu se acopera din banii incasati pe bilete.

Hamilton m-a iritat de multe ori in calitate de comentator si cu vreo doua alte ocazii - dar nu i-am pus niciodata la indoiala dragostea fata de patinaj. Il felicit pentru acest proiect. Ca va avea si el partea lui de castig? Pai nu-i normal, sau traim intr-o lume de Maici Tereza in care doar Scott este hulpavul? Hai sa fim seriosi.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromatic View Post
    Hamilton m-a iritat de multe ori in calitate de comentator si cu vreo doua alte ocazii - dar nu i-am pus niciodata la indoiala dragostea fata de patinaj. Il felicit pentru acest proiect. Ca va avea si el partea lui de castig? Pai nu-i normal, sau traim intr-o lume de Maici Tereza in care doar Scott este hulpavul? Hai sa fim seriosi.
    Eu nu am zis ca Scott este hulpav. Nu imi place cand comenteaza dar in rest nu stiu prea multe despre el. Mi s-a parut haios cum se tot dadea pe langa Cinquanta si se pupa cu Plushy, tot la fel cum m-a amuzat felul in care Cinquanta se intretinea cu Putin. Mie aceste competitii imi par o idee interesanta si e bine daca cineva o poate pune in practica, fie el Hamilton sau altcineva.

Reputatie
    “It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities, progressive ideas.”-F.M. Dostoievski

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by JoannaStrange View Post
    Ah s-a si anuntat lista cu patinatori pentru GP???? Va trebui sa deschidem un thread in competitii.

Reputatie
    Simona,se pare ca am deschis amandoua cate un thread pe tema asta.Cum pot sa fac sa il inchid pe al meu?