Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilia Kulik

Reputatie

Ilia Kulik

ILIA KULIK
    http://home.snafu.de/eberl/archiv/ph...us_wm96_sl.jpg

Ilia Alexandrovich Kulik (born May 23, 1977 in Moscow, Russia) is an Olympic figure skating champion.

Biography
    When 20-year-old Ilia Kulik stood at the top of the Olympic podium in Nagano, Japan in February 1998, he was only the second man in figure skating singles history to achieve a gold medal on his first trip to the Winter Games (the first being the United States’ Dick Button in 1948).

Kulik's “big dream” as he has called it, started when he was five-years-old in his hometown, Moscow. His mother took him to a children’s skating class to see if skating might be his sport. After watching her son fall and fall again at his first try on skates, Mrs. Kulik thought perhaps they should try out another sport right away. She was surprised to hear the teacher ask her to bring her son back.

“But why? He keeps falling.”

“Yes,” said the teacher, “but he keeps getting up.”

Fifteen years later, with days marked by the same determination, an Olympic champion emerged.

Kulik's talent in his formative years enabled him to work with the distinguished Russian coach, Viktor Kudriavtsev. Later in his eligible career and in the final years before Nagano, he worked with Russian coach and choreographer, Tatiana Tarasova.

Kulik's first significant international win, at the age of 13, was a gold medal in the 1990 Piruetten Juniors competition in Norway. Early competitive achievements included gold at 1994 Russian Junior Nationals (age 16), 1994 Nebelhorn Trophy, 1995 Junior Worlds (age 17), and most importantly, a gold medal at 1995 European Championships in Dortmund, Germany. On his way to the gold medal in Nagano, Kulik won a wide variety of skating honors including two Russian national championships (1997, 1998). See Eligible Competitive Highlights below.

At the games in Nagano, Kulik placed first with both his short and long programs, “Revolutions” and “Rhapsody in Blue.” “Rhapsody in Blue,” one of the most ambitious Olympic programs ever successfully skated, included a flawlessly executed quadruple toe loop, 8 triple jumps (including a triple-triple combination), intricate footwork, multiple spins and sweeping connective choreography. In total, Kulik achieved an “overpowering” Olympic performance according to Time magazine.

As a professional skater, Kulik has distinguished himself as an innovative choreographer and as a mature performer who continues to stress technical excellence and classic elegance. He has toured with both Champions on Ice and Stars on Ice in the U.S., Prince Ice World in Japan and performed with Stars on Ice and Art on Ice in Europe. Kulik has also explored other professional avenues, the most noticeable being a major role in the 2000 dance film, Center Stage.

In the past several years, Kulik has become more active as a coach, working with promising young skaters and Olympic contenders in the U.S., Canada and Europe. He has often observed that he is committed to passing along the excellent coaching he received as a young skater. In his off ice time Kulik enjoys playing tennis and is a serious student of Aikido, a Japanese martial art. Kulik is married to Olympic and World champion, Ekaterina Gordeeva. They live in Connecticut with their daughters, Daria (Dasha) Grinkova (b. September 11, 1992 - Gordeeva's daughter w/ Sergei Grinkov) and Elizaveta (Liza) Kulik (b. June 15, 2001).

Eligible Competitive Highlights

Event/Season 1992-1993 1993-1994 1994-1995 1995-1996 1996-1997 1997-1998
    Russian Championships - - 2nd 2nd 1st 1st
    European Championships - - 1st 3rd 4th -
    Junior World Championships 3rd 11th 1st - - -
    World Championships - - 9th 2nd 5th -
    Winter Olympics - - - - - 1st
    Champions Series Final - - - 4th 4th 1st
    Skate America - - - 6th - -
    Skate Canada Int. - - - - 2nd 2nd
    Trophee de France - - - 1st - -
    NHK Trophy - - - - 2nd 1st

Film
    Ilia Kulik played a ballet dancer in the 2000 film Center stage.
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    Mi se pare o idee buna acest thread...
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.

Reputatie
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."

Reputatie
    Ia Liubliu Ilia toja! (imi place si Ilia)
    ce bine k are si el un thread.lipsea ceva de pe forumul asta.inca un rus mumos,pe langa atita francezi.acum balanta e echilibrata pup
    Dean Winchester: You fudging touch me again, I'll fudging kill you!

Sam Winchester: Wait, there is no such thing as unicorns?

Reputatie
    :ras-plans: Ai dreptate...

Reputatie
    chiar ma intrebam cand o sa-i faceti si lui un thread. ca doar e campion olimpic, nu? si mie imi place ilia...
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]When you leave, my colors fade to grey, Every word of love I used to say, now I paint it everyday....[/COLOR][/FONT]

Reputatie
    de ce s-a retras ilia asa repede???? putea sa mai concureze inca mult ca doar avea 20 ani la nagano in 98......
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]When you leave, my colors fade to grey, Every word of love I used to say, now I paint it everyday....[/COLOR][/FONT]

Reputatie
    frumosul meu are thread!!!! uhuuuu!!!!
    http://www.frogsonice.com/skateweb/ilia/

chiar asa si eu m-am intrebat mereu de ce s-a retras asa de repede. am vazut un documentar despre tarasova si alexei ( am vz mai multe si acum le cam incurc) in care alexei parca zicea ca ilia a plecat de la tarasova pt ca presiunea i se parea prea mare. hmmm???? plus el in ce an s-a combinat cu ekaterina???? poate omul a avut nevoie de bani ca sa-si intemeieze o familie. habar n-am imi dau si eu cu presupusul.
    singurele lucruri certe sunt ca : patineaza superb, e superb si are o nevasta superba cu care patineaza superb impreuna.
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by irinaidu View Post
    singurele lucruri certe sunt ca : patineaza superb, e superb si are o nevasta superba cu care patineaza superb impreuna.
    De acord, de acord......

10. 2nd April 2007, 23:55

junior
    Reputatie
    De acord, de acord, de acord...
    Ma bucur ca si Ilia are un thread al lui. E un patinator super si e asa de frumusel...Pacat ca s-a retras asa de repede. Ce echipa ar fi avut Rusia cu Yags, Kulik si Plush...

Reputatie
    uf...cred ca Yags cu Plush nu s-ar fi inteles prea bine daca ar fi fost in aceeasi echipa :ras-plans:...
    daaar...Ilia&Yags...two of the hottest (russian) men on ice

Reputatie
    uff, ilia....
    http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.ya...adiatorpre.jpg
    http://www.skateygirl.com/Soi2001/ilia/r01170102n21.jpg
    http://images.google.ro/imgres?imgur...%3Dro%26sa%3DN

de ce nu se gandesc fotografii astia ca ar fi cazul pt o sedinta foto cu ilia ca eu nu mai gasesc poze.
    m-am amuzat citind ce scria cineva despre ilia patind faust : " Ilia Kulik redefines the meaning of "handsome devil".

Ilia skating to "Faust": a wonderful skater in a great costume that makes Hell actually look good! Amazing power, to be so hot and keep the ice cool. "
    Last edited by irinaidu; 3rd April 2007 at 19:28.
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    Programul lui Ilia "Faust" imi place la nebunie...

Ilia Kulik about his succes in Nagano 1998: "The shirt won"

Reputatie
    da si pe mine m-a distrat replica. ce sa zicem the shirt kicked ass la olys 98.
    fetelor ziceti-mi si mie daca stiti unde a patinat ilia cel mai bine faust, sau mai bine zis care reprezentatie v-a placut voua cel mai mult, ca as vrea sa-mi download si eu una dar sunt in dubii pe care.

Reputatie
    "Kulik was as smooth as premium Russian vodka." ce-mi place :ras-plans:
    "...a Russian who... skates like a feather floating in a soft breeze. Kulik was too, too grand and belonged at the top of the stand. He combines superb athletic ability with Barishnikov ballet artistry, a flair of flying..."
    Woody Page, Denver Post 2/15/98 <-- sunt de acord

Reputatie
    da si pe mine m-a distrat replica. ce sa zicem the shirt kicked ass la olys 98.
    fetelor ziceti-mi si mie daca stiti unde a patinat ilia cel mai bine faust, sau mai bine zis care reprezentatie v-a placut voua cel mai mult, ca as vrea sa-mi download si eu una dar sunt in dubii pe care.
    eu am versiunea de la "continents cup" sau asa cred ca se numeste competitia nu sunt sigura. oricum sa nu o downloadezi pe aia ca nu se vede bine.

Reputatie
    ce frumos a fost sa il revad patinand pe faust ... impecabil ...
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6ZNG4EnFN-g
    ma gandesc k la asta v-ati referit... CM 1997

Reputatie
    are cineva "baseball cap" varianta de la "stars on ice''? k de pe fsvids mai e buna doar varianta de la World pro championships.....si eu o vreau pe aia de la Stars on ice deoarece acolo nu a gresit asa mult......help!

Reputatie
    hmm, si eu am una dar nu stiu de unde e. stai sa o caut sa ma uit????

Reputatie
    marce, nu mai vazusem faustul de la competitia asta. e bestial!!!! absolut genial!!!