Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romanian Driver search

incepator
    Reputatie

Romanian Driver search

Hallo,

can everyone tell me information about romanian race drivers between 1978 - 1990?

I search information of:
    Touring car (Dacia)
    Sylvyn Dinu
    H. Andronic
    Gh. Proteasa
    Stefan Jancovici

Formula Easter
    Eugen Peteanu
    Dorian Jaescui
    Georgie Cacai
    Mircea Pontai
    Tiberiu Gedeon
    Wilhelm Kulpinski

Are this driver always active?

Thanks and best regards

Ray Purucker

www.puru.de/motorsport.html

Reputatie
    Horia Andronic was a very succesful hillclimb racer in Romania. He began his activity in motorsport in the mid 70s and retired in the mid 90s. His son, (Paul Andronic) is an established hillclimb racer, driving a hugely powerful Lancia Delta Integrale (evolved so much that it is actually a prototype; he said to me that the only thing left from the original model is the roof).

Stefan Iancovici was one of the best Romanian rally drivers all-time. A former taxi driver in the city of Brasov, he won several national rally titles. His driving style was based on instinct and a raw will to go faster than anyone else. And usually, he just did that. Unfortunately he died in a road crash, in 1994.

Eugen Peteanu is still competing in the Romanian Hillclimb Championship (called 'Campionatul National de Viteza pe Traseu Montan'), but not a front runner.

Here is a nice picture of a Formula Easter car built entirely in Romania :

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/2751/easter.jpg
    [I]I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.[/I] - Shaquille O'Neal

incepator
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by piranha View Post
    Horia Andronic was a very succesful hillclimb racer in Romania. He began his activity in motorsport in the mid 70s and retired in the mid 90s. His son, (Paul Andronic) is an established hillclimb racer, driving a hugely powerful Lancia Delta Integrale (evolved so much that it is actually a prototype; he said to me that the only thing left from the original model is the roof).

Stefan Iancovici was one of the best Romanian rally drivers all-time. A former taxi driver in the city of Brasov, he won several national rally titles. His driving style was based on instinct and a raw will to go faster than anyone else. And usually, he just did that. Unfortunately he died in a road crash, in 1994.

Eugen Peteanu is still competing in the Romanian Hillclimb Championship (called 'Campionatul National de Viteza pe Traseu Montan'), but not a front runner.

Here is a nice picture of a Formula Easter car built entirely in Romania :

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/2751/easter.jpg
    Sorry, but there are a lot of mistakes here:
    1. Horia Andronic was never a real hillclimbing racer. In fact he did not like at all hillclimbing, but he drove a lot in circuit racing.
    2. Stefan Iancovici died sadly in 1989 crashed by a truck. He really was one of the most succesful romanian drivers, but he ceased rallying and was a very fast circuit and hillclimb touring car driver, (living in Bucharest).
    3. The former taxi-driver from Brasov was Ludovic Balint, a very fast rallydriver, winning a lot of national championships with codriver Zarnescu, but also class winners in Portugal, Turquie, Tour d'Europe, Akropolis, etc. Died as mentioned, in 1994 in a stupid road accident.
    4. Allthough not very young, Eugen Peteanu is still driving a Golf Kit Car, plus-minus third or fourth place.

incepator
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by ;28168
    Hallo,

can everyone tell me information about romanian race drivers between 1978 - 1990?

I search information of:
    Touring car (Dacia)
    Sylvyn Dinu
    H. Andronic
    Gh. Proteasa
    Stefan Jancovici

Formula Easter
    Eugen Peteanu
    Dorian Jaescui
    Georgie Cacai
    Mircea Pontai
    Tiberiu Gedeon
    Wilhelm Kulpinski

Thanks and best regards

Ray Purucker

Hallo, Ray,

Silviu Dinu does not have anything to do with racing anymore, he lives in Pitesti.
    Gh. Preoteasa died sadly in 1988. Crashed in a tree during a circuit race in Oradea, fighting for first place.
    Victor Nicoara retired in 2000, allthough he won many hillclimb titles with a powerful Lancia Delta Integrale group H.
    Mircea Ponta and Tiberiu Gedeon are helping as scrutineers in Resita, no more active.
    Dorian Igescu is living in Canada.

Reputatie
    Here is a data-base, not very comprehensive, but is a start: http://www.autorally.ro/index.cfm/pa..._sportivi.html

I have taken a look of your site, and I have to tell you that the FRAS is the new organizer for the romanian motorsport events. FRAS stands for "Federatia Romana de Automobilism Sportiv" and took the place of FRAK "Federatia Romana de Automobilism si Karting".

At the moment, there are some problems regarding FIA autority, this is the reason why our drivers cannot race abroad.

incepator
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by puru View Post
    Hallo,

I search information of:
    Touring car (Dacia)
    Sylvyn Dinu
    H. Andronic
    Gh. Proteasa
    Stefan Jancovici

Formula Easter
    Eugen Peteanu
    Dorian Jaescui
    Georgie Cacai
    Mircea Pontai
    Tiberiu Gedeon
    Wilhelm Kulpinski

Thanks and best regards

Ray Purucker

Hello!

My name is Tiberiu Gedeon and I'm one of the drivers you are looking for. What information do you need? I could tell you something about a few of the others as well. Are you from Germany or Romania? Greetz, Tibi

incepator
    Reputatie
    Te salut, Tibi!
    Te rog da-mi datele tale de contact. Iti voi trimite o fisa pe care trebuie sa o completezi cu palmaresul tau. Daca mai stii ceva si despre alti sportivi din Resita sau din lista de mai sus te rog sa mi le trimiti. Acum lucrez la federatia Romana de Automobilism Sportiv. Chiar azi sunt la Sfantu Gheorghe unde se desfasoara etapa a X-a din Caompionatul National de Viteza in Coasta Dunlop 2008. Este si echipa UCM Resita.
    Astept.
    Rusanescu

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberiu Gedeon View Post
    Hello!

My name is Tiberiu Gedeon and I'm one of the drivers you are looking for. What information do you need? I could tell you something about a few of the others as well. Are you from Germany or Romania? Greetz, Tibi
    Acum am vazut postul asta si ma facut sa i-mi aduc aminte de acele vremuri.....am cateva Foto de la un prieten pasionat de pe alt forum auto si m-am gandit sa le postez si aici......

FOTO 1: Tiberiu Gedeon pe Coasta de la Resita ( VALEA DOMANULUI ) Nu stiu anul....
    FOTO 2: Eugen Peteanu pe CIRCUIT STRADAL de la Resita...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nelutzu_; 18th January 2009 at 16:58.
    Fortza RESITA !!!....

incepator
    Reputatie
    oops !!! Cam tarziu dar am aparut si eu....bagati-ma si pe mine in lista neagra de fosile auto... Cornel Bibiri. Amintiri placute din vremea cand se facea auto cu mari sacrificii si fara material sportiv competitiv . Au fost cei mai frumosi ani ai mei . Va salut pe toti si cu la multi ani cu sanatate!!! Mam mutat din Bucuresti la km 30 autostrada Buc-Pitesti. Sunt taran de Floresti Jud. Giurgiu. Toate cele bune la toti care ma cunosc !!!

Reputatie
    ce vremuri
    citeam despre voi și despre concursurile de atunci în niște reviste auto pe care le avea tata prin biblioteca lui ... după ce s-a mutat la țară am pierdut acele reviste
    Verizon IndyCar / Barclays Premier League / FC Dinamo București

Reputatie
    O intrebare am si eu. De catre cine erau construite acele monoposturi?

Reputatie
    Buna,...... monoposturile erau unicate fiecare, prea putine daca se faceau 2 bucati de o data si atunci cam fiecare pilot mai modifica cate ceva, aceste monoposturi se faceau in atelierele cluburilor sportive cu ajutor si din partea unor uzine mecanice ( cel putin asa era aici la Resita).....

in Foto o ultima formula EASTER....
    Construita si pilotata de catre Dan Gruba ( Resita)
    -cadru din tevi tubular, carena din fibra si tabla de aluminiu...
    -motorizare: Dacia sau Lada
    Fortza RESITA !!!....

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornel.1955 View Post
    oops !!! Cam tarziu dar am aparut si eu.......... Toate cele bune la toti care ma cunosc !!!
    Sa traiti domnule Cornel Bibiri, desi aveam intre 13 si 17 ani imi aduc aminte cu placere de perioada de "aur" din ani '80 al motorsportului romanesc, imi aduc aminte de Lotul Romaniei ce participa la CUPA PACII SI PRIETENIEI...

Am si acum programul de la Concursul de Viteza pe Circuit - Cupa "PACII SI PRIETENIEI" 13-14 Septembrie 1986 Resita , si in program la pagina 3, la sportivi participanti la formula EASTER aparecu Nr 112 Bibiri Cornel - F Easter/ Lada, stiu ca ati fost singurul roman de atunci ce ati participat cu un motor de Lada pe monopost.....

Va transmit salutari si multa sanatate domnule Bibiri!...

P.S poate aveti timp si ne mai puneti si dumneavoastra ceva poze cu Monopostul din acea vreme....
    Fortza RESITA !!!....

incepator
    Reputatie

Resita

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberiu Gedeon View Post
    Hello!

@Tiberiu Gedeon, @Rusanescu, @Cornel.1955: - ma bucur de faptul ca am dat de voi. Sper ca sintei toti sanatosi si voiosi.

: )

Salutari si sa auzim numai de bine,

Adrian Adamek

Reputatie
    eram copil mic dar nu lipseam de la acele curse.

daca pentru noi, spectatorii, era frumos darmite pentru voi.

o sa caut si eu la al batran ca are ceva poze cu cursele de la resita si o sa le pun aici
    CSM Resita... Dinamo Bucuresti... Arsenal Londra

incepator
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by nelutzu_ View Post
    Buna,...... monoposturile erau unicate fiecare, prea putine daca se faceau 2 bucati de o data si atunci cam fiecare pilot mai modifica cate ceva, aceste monoposturi se faceau in atelierele cluburilor sportive cu ajutor si din partea unor uzine mecanice ( cel putin asa era aici la Resita).....

in Foto o ultima formula EASTER....
    Construita si pilotata de catre Dan Gruba ( Resita)
    -cadru din tevi tubular, carena din fibra si tabla de aluminiu...
    -motorizare: Dacia sau Lada
    Salut

poti sa imi spui unde e Easterul asta?
    as dori sa merg sa il vad, sunt din Resita
    Multumesc

Reputatie
    Hello to everyone,

My name is Alexey Rogachev, I'm from Russia (so I hope you excuse me for continuing this thread in English, as Romanian is totally beyond me). I'm a researcher of the motor racing history of the Soviet Union and of the Cup of Peace and Friendship (Cupa Păcii și Prieteniei), the author of the http://www.ussr-autosport.ru web site. I came across this forum searching for any info on Romanian F. Easter single-seaters of the mid-eighties and their drivers, so this thread has seemed to be the most appropriate place to ask about them.

To begin with, here are four photographs of Romanian cars that took part in the 1986 CPF round in Riga: no. 111 Eugen Peteanu, no. 112 Corneliu Bibiri, no. 114 Mircea Ponta, no. 115 Tiberiu Gedeon.

http://www.ussr-autosport.ru/images/...111peteanu.jpg
    http://www.ussr-autosport.ru/images/...e112biribi.jpg
    http://www.ussr-autosport.ru/images/...fe114ponta.jpg
    http://www.ussr-autosport.ru/images/...e115gedeon.jpg

There are photos but absolutely no info about these cars. I even don't know their names – if they had any. The second thing about them are engines – were they Dacias or Ladas?

wu2005, thank you for the brilliant Resita photo gallery! However, these photos seem to me to be taken in 1988, not in 1986. I judge by Viktor Kozankov's Estonia appearance – this is definitely the 1988 car – and by the Romanian single-seaters. As you can see, Tiberiu Gedeon's car on my photo from 1986 is absolutely different one than on wu2005's gallery. If you need extra proofs, I may post here a number of photos from the 1988 Riga race.

incepator
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexey Rogachev View Post
    Hello to everyone,

My name is Alexey Rogachev, I'm from Russia (so I hope you excuse me for continuing this thread in English, as Romanian is totally beyond me). I'm a researcher of the motor racing history of the Soviet Union and of the Cup of Peace and Friendship (Cupa Păcii și Prieteniei), the author of the http://www.ussr-autosport.ru web site. I came across this forum searching for any info on Romanian F. Easter single-seaters of the mid-eighties and their drivers, so this thread has seemed to be the most appropriate place to ask about them.

To begin with, here are four photographs of Romanian cars that took part in the 1986 CPF round in Riga: no. 111 Eugen Peteanu, no. 112 Corneliu Bibiri, no. 114 Mircea Ponta, no. 115 Tiberiu Gedeon.

http://www.ussr-autosport.ru/images/...111peteanu.jpg
    http://www.ussr-autosport.ru/images/...e112biribi.jpg
    http://www.ussr-autosport.ru/images/...fe114ponta.jpg
    http://www.ussr-autosport.ru/images/...e115gedeon.jpg

There are photos but absolutely no info about these cars. I even don't know their names – if they had any. The second thing about them are engines – were they Dacias or Ladas?

wu2005, thank you for the brilliant Resita photo gallery! However, these photos seem to me to be taken in 1988, not in 1986. I judge by Viktor Kozankov's Estonia appearance – this is definitely the 1988 car – and by the Romanian single-seaters. As you can see, Tiberiu Gedeon's car on my photo from 1986 is absolutely different one than on wu2005's gallery. If you need extra proofs, I may post here a number of photos from the 1988 Riga race.
    Hi Alexey, my name is Cornel Bibiri #112 in your photos of Riga ....thanks very much for images and sorry for late2 years....i tryed to enter on your site to give you some photos & informations about "old years" racers but is in russian language ,,,any information you need tell me and if is possible i give you. A lot of russian pilots i know personaly especialy all in Easter Formula but my favorite is Thomas Napa great pilot and Estonia car was perfect mashine. All questions you have please... cornel_1955@yahoo.com or right here on forum. Thanks very much for for your ideea to bring up old racers, and thanks for photos.

Reputatie

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by wu2005 View Post
    Salut
    poti sa imi spui unde e Easterul asta?
    as dori sa merg sa il vad, sunt din Resita
    Multumesc
    Este la Soceni la proprietarul ei cam greu ajungi la ea, e in curte la om acasa

Quote Originally Posted by Alexey Rogachev View Post
    Hello to everyone,

hello Alexey, I'm glad to see you here, watching with interest http://www.ussr-autosport.ru , but is in russian language, but I still handle ... You do a good job I'm in Resita, where he developed the Peace and Friendship Cup - 4 years ...rund -5 Resita 9.9.1984 rund -6 Resita 13.9.1986 / rund -2 Resita 29.5.1988 / rund -4 Resita 17.9.1989

I'm glad you made contact with cornel1955 Cornel Bibiri# 112, he has many stories to tell
    Fortza RESITA !!!....

incepator
    Reputatie
    Te salut și eu,
    Rusanescu
    0723 252 983
    0744 312 842
    0734 885 222

------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-CS-4072 View Post
    @Tiberiu Gedeon, @Rusanescu, @Cornel.1955: - ma bucur de faptul ca am dat de voi. Sper ca sintei toti sanatosi si voiosi.

: )

Salutari si sa auzim numai de bine,

Adrian Adamek