Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Anime

Reputatie
    Ionelule, rad in hohote cand postezi in engleza
    Academia Rapid infiintata de catre generalul de securitate Vasile Malureanu supranumit €˛tatucul politiei politice ceausiste

Reputatie
    Macar sa-ntelegi si tot e bine.
    The difference between a good and an awesome diplomat is the ability to reconcile the arrogant assholes with the scardy whiners, it's almost an art really!
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla86 View Post
    Kimetsu no Yaiba, Vinland Saga si Enen no Shouboutai mi se par cele mai interesante ale sezonului.
    Si cu Dokutaa Sutoon, O Maidens in Your Savage Season si Kanata no Astra, nimic?
    The difference between a good and an awesome diplomat is the ability to reconcile the arrogant assholes with the scardy whiners, it's almost an art really!
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    La Dr Stone ma uit. E ok, dar nimic cu adevarat special. Sa vedem cum decurge in continuare.
    O Maidens in Your Savage Season - pare absolut inutil. Nu m-as uita la asa ceva.
    Kanata no Astra - nu m-am uitat. Il incerc daca nu am altceva de vazut, dar slabe sanse.
    Academia Rapid infiintata de catre generalul de securitate Vasile Malureanu supranumit €˛tatucul politiei politice ceausiste

Reputatie
    Joke's on you, because they say Kanata no Astra is the best this year!
    Gonna start it soon, right after I check where I left off with Highschool DxD.

PLM, nu-mi mai amintesc, incep de la inceput!
    Ce anime de adolescenti, cred ca-i facut de o companie ce face hentai de obicei!
    Last edited by Johnny D; 21st September 2019 at 04:03.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Arata-mi si mie un top in care e nr 1.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2019/summer

El il vad destul de departe de nr 1.

Mai bine baga-te la Girls Bravo decat Highschool DxD. Daca nu l-ai vazut.

Reputatie
    E ok, nu e rau DxD.

Fani ai anime-urilor, unii din ei zic ca e cel mai bun care l-au vazut ei, nu vorbesc de top-uri generale.
    Dupa ce termin cu DxD, ma apuc de Astra, suna bine mai ales c-a tutu si pe FC FCSB in realitate!
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Na!

Kanata no Astra 2019 8.5/10 As promised, this anime was my plan for this weekend - so I've seen it and I did not finish it yet, I still have 1/3 form the last episode to see! For the whole thing, I oscillate between 8 and 9 so that's probably the best pinpoint mark I can give it, being no real action fights and all. Just psychological action in this one, but damn good one once it starts! I think this anime could have been made a movie, in that regard given a higher mark because space just isn't as scary in anime as it is in action movies. As rivaldicesanosa in her IMDB review sais "I think it's like an anime version of Interstellar" is not such a stretch, it's quite good. But as I said, the space impact in anime being considerably lower, so is the graphic part of the review worth.

Now more about the anime itself. Even though the animation looks cool and all, the story seems a bit mediocre at 1st. In spite of the animation, the 1st half of the anime (6 episodes) doesn't go past 7.5/10, but the 2nd part (last 6 eps) make up for it and dimsum 9.5/10! Why such a discrepancy? Well, you have to watch it to find out! Story starts out dull with some nice graphics but no more than that, because it's all within our imagination's reach, but midpoint turns about 180 degrees! Not gonna tell why and what. What I can say is that it ends satisfactory, despite some cliffhanger episodes that would leave me hanging wore it not for my good plan: wait until the whole anime is released, and I am glad I did! The 1st and last are double sized episodes because they need to be to satisfy the viewer demand for each part begging and end: so they start and end the story accordingly!

I recommend everything 8/10 and up, so obviously I recommend also this one, if you bare with it a little and get into the 2nd part of the anime, you won't regret it! Considering the 1st part is not that bad either.
    Last edited by Johnny D; 20th October 2019 at 19:26.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
    Kimetsu no Yaiba 2019 8/10 dupa 10 episoade
    Rectificare 9.5/10 dupa 26 de episoade!

Episodu 19: Hinokami are 9.9/10 voturi pentru episod, rar vezi asa ceva pe IMDB!
    10/10 si de la mine, unul din cele mai bune episoade din istoria anime!
    Desi cea mai cool scena dintre toate e in ep. 20: Pretend Family, Water Breathing Tehnique nr. 11: Dead Calm, Tomioka's personal invention! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyBWByzgSzU

Te distruge engleza mea!
    Last edited by Johnny D; 18th November 2019 at 13:58.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Made in Abyss 2017 8.5/10 - Some anime master-guy told me about it, he knows I only watch original shit that's worth a damn or I might not even bother starting, so when I saw the poster (which is a picture from the 1st episode of sorts) I said to him "What? What am I supposed to do with these monkeys?" (monkeys = children), but I started watching because I always at least try it. The 1st few episodes weren't much different than I thought (some quality but stupid characters -_-) but by the 4th episode it gets you dragged in, the children like all japonese characters are real mature for their age (of 12) and the action is layered and well paced, just like I like it. I hate too much intro shit like in Bleach or Gintama where they just goof around for ages, so that gets me unhooked. But by the end of the 8th episode, which is more than half the show (not counting the movie) it gets good and you like them little monkeys like you know them.

The japonese love their power rankings, here they are depictured in degrees of capacity in exploring the Abyss layers: the deeper you go, the harder it gets, obviously. So they are shown by the color of the explorers whistles around their necks, the whistles colors being: red - novice explorers, blue - advanced explorers, black - elites, white - bad ass. So far I would put this anime's quality half a point above Vinland Saga and half a point below Black Clover because of the quality of the animation (the worlds shown here are quite refreshing), but not exclusively. Feels comfortable there to me (8.5). Recommended, yes.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    (Continuation) Yes, I just finished the 8th episode. I hear it gets even better, that's why I gave it an 8.5/10. I know it will earn it, it's at least an 8/10 as it is now!

2,5 ep. LE: Fuck! T_T''
    I hate this "survival of the fittest in extremely unfitting conditions kinda shit"! And toss some children in it for good measure, why doncha!? -_-

6 ep. LE (the last ep is 2 ep. in one):
      Spoiler: {option} 
    I nearly coughed my eyes out at one point there! This is some serious beast of emotions this one! Fuck me!
    8.5/10 earned in spades!

I really can't fathom how some people can call Clannad or Angel Beats! something sad, when they have one of these laying around, I just can't. They're just leagues apart, if swimming in the same waters at all, to begin with. The last 5 episodes were a clean 10/10 if I ever knew what a 10 was! Blacksie was right!
    Choking stuff!

I'm a change this MF-er to a clean 9/10 out there with Black Clover, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, Bleach and the better ones, brilliant last third of it. Can't wait for the movie!
    I can see now why they were using children for the plot! Fuckers!

All in all, I've seen some anime top 15 rankings on the net, and this one is at the very top of Don't judge a book by it's cover! And boy, is it earned!

TODAY LE: I've seen the movie Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul 2020 8.5/10 which is the 3rd movie, the next arc after the anime, the 1st 2 movies containing the condensed series. It was very good, but it was no last 5 eps., those were epic! I will be looking for the 4th next year, because it's superb. I am inclined to read the manga but that'll just ruin the anime, so hopefully they'll make it soon.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train 2020 9.5/10 - I've watched it during the night (yes the cinema RIP version), it's the 2nd most engrossing movie ever to hit a japonese theatre as it stands now, surpassed only by "Spirited Away" but chances are it will become nr. 1 soon. Well deserved. 9.5/10 still stands for the movie, as well as the anime. I can't quite give it a 10 because other anime have better stuff here and there but overall you can't realistically expect more, because I say it again, even if the characters and story can be better, the animation can't, I haven't seen anything like it, it's in a class of it's own. That is something in a manga can only be tried, but only in animation can be achieved. (And on the 3rd place is Titanic, lol. The japs really enjoy their dramas!) It's not as much a movie, it's 6 episodes into one rather, 4 on the train, 2 besides the train.

ufotable really hit the jackpot with this one, literally.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Barefoot Gen 1983 8/10 - Though the animation is poor, it's hard to find a stronger antiwar statement than the one sent by this anime. I think the surrealistic and impactful way the eyes of the victims melt during the Hiroshima nuclear explosion has remained as a memorable stamp thru ought cinematography in the last almost 4 decades since it's release. It's similar to When the Wind Blows from '86, that I've seen last year, a similar movie only based on the premise that a nuclear bomb would be released over country side England, where a couple of naive old people live just at the edge of the blast.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    I've finally started Girls' Last Tour - I've seen the 1st 4 eps, and I like it. They are cute explorers in a world not worth exploring, but when there's no choice... I have a feeling it will end badly and I'm not up for heart breaking shit these days. I just hope they'll be good in the end. It's a solid 8 for now, even if it's pretty repetitive, but your mind is gradually escalating, you ask yourself: it's impossible to just find more buildings after buildings and then more buildings, it will end at some point. But then what!? D: The scenery is grey and well detailed for a deserted post-war advanced society. I wonder how those people can draw so much detail, for so little events. I thread carefully into the 5th...

@: I know comparing anime is dangerous grounds but for me Girl's Last Tour is obviously superior to say the likes of Date a Live in which all are jumping all over the place doing supernatural shit for made up reasons, most people are fed up with. Here we got just 2 fragile little beings in a desolate, combusted, burned out and dull world, that almost feels real. A world from which silent nightmares are made of! Almost nothing happens and it's still much better than superficial laser-magic shit with stupid people that do it all around, anime after anime, that you just don't buy anymore. I dropped Date a Live after 10 episodes, and I don't have any remorse about it, I don't feel like I might have missed anything of any importance.
    Last edited by Johnny D; 18th January 2021 at 09:33.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Girls' Last Tour 8/10 - Finished it a couple of days ago. It's a good anime, even if some people hate it.
    The 2 little cuties are still on the road
    , so I don't recommend it for those who don't like to read the manga, because the anime doesn't finish anything. I already opened up the next chapter for the reading. It's stupid to finish an anime just short of the last few most interesting chapters, thinking I'm gonna buy the manga after I just pirated the anime! Duh...

Paprika 2006 8/10 - It's an animated movie. I recommend it because it has some cool visuals and nice ideas for the mind to sift trough. Paprika is the girl who can run through and control large parts of dreams. If Morpheus aka. The Sandman aka. Dream is the Lord of Dreams in the DC world, Paprika would be his Lady of Dreams. This (approximative) quote describes well this show "You used fantasy to create reality.", which is true because the person we're talking here is a detective that imagined he's a cop creating stories when he was young, and he did become a cop eventually, so from fantasy he "created" his job. We should never think fantasy can not be real!

PS: For the curious The Sandman - Dream of The Endless (click) I've listened to it, 1st 4 chapters are good, especially chapter 4 which is great, when Dream/The Sandman in a weakened state confronts Hell all by himself, I've listened to it twice. The voice acting is movie-like, so great. If James McAvoy plays Dream, that's all you need to know! I recommend even if just chapter 4 to be listened to, it's a delight! But for that you need a short introduction:
    Dream was imprisoned for almost 80 years and after he finally broke free, his 3 artefacts of power were stolen from him in the meantime. He just retrieved his Pouch of Endless Sand in the 3rd chapter and needed still his Helmet and his Ruby. His Ruby being where most of his power is stored and having yet to find it, he found out where his Helmet was. He travels to Hell in a weakened state to take it back from a Demon Lord, that's under the protection of Lucifer Morningstar, Beelzebub and Azazel - the 3 kings of Hell who know damn well he is no match for them as he stands. Awesome stuff.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    https://youtu.be/Fp79-ayI5LI?t=366

Anime e superior Hollywood, nici nu are rost sa comparam.

Reputatie
    Pai aia de dubleaza anime-urile in engleza nu pot pune asa accente pe vocale! Ca le explodeaza capu!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
    Perfect Blue 1997 8/10 - Daca pui CGI, poti pune si animatie, de ce nu? Un thriller psihologic misto filmul asta. Mai rar asa chestie in lumea anime-urilor. Nu prea-ti dai seama de nimic cum trebuie, pana la final.
    Am pus la filme, dar aici merge mai bine.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Karakuri Circus 2018 8/10 - I finished it this weekend, all 36 eps. of it. Now, this is a good anime, even though the 1st half of it is more like a 7/10 because it's a bit sophisticated but also dumb. The main blue haired, blue-eyed young woman protagonist is seen everywhere, like there's 3 or 4 of them and you just don't know why! There was even one episode where I FF through most of it, but then, as you go past the middle and into the 2nd part of the anime, it's worth the wait.

Everything clears up and goes right there with the best of them - a 9/10 - classic japonese well-drawn shounen drama, that has even some inspired writing, especially dialogue-wise. I always considered anime lacking in dialogue quality but not in the 2nd part of this one! You get nice graphics, decent fights, more than one tear upon occasion, overall it's good enough to be recommended. So recommended.

How can one cry for flesh grinding, blood sucking automatons/machines? They start out so disgusting, cold and idiotic, but finish out being just as sorrowful and keen for embetterment as any human; just like children given the wrong education/programming.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Gundam 00 8.5/10 - Sure was the best gundam ever made like the rumors entail, but I sure didn't like how people's lives were treated here, it feels dreadful to see them blow up in tin cans, no matter how advanced tin cans they might be. I much prefer face to face fight anime where people can look at each other's faces before they slice and dice themselves to kingdom come. Overall this anime offers cool graphics, cool story, cool gadgets, etc., but even if I admit it's the best gundam, still for me, my favorite gundam arc is the 1st season of Gundam Seed where Kira being a coordinator desperately defends all by himself a ship full of normal humans who hate his guts, against another 4 coordinators whose only purpose is to blow them up! "Kira: Hello, just won another desperate fight 4 against 1, defeating my people, my own race just to keep everyone alive for another few days! No biggie. Random passenger: Fuck you, damn coordinator!" You just can't top that. ^^' This anime is grim and salty, I can recommend it only if you like mecha anime, even so it's just half mecha, mostly just armored suit fights. PS: Don't forget to watch the movie too, it continues the story.

Kingdom 9/10 - Now this is an anime mostly anyone should watch. I wanted to watch if years ago but couldn't find it on the net, and just got my chance several days ago. The action is 2-3 thousand years before Christ. I am middle through the 2nd season and I can say without a doubt that it's the best war anime I have ever seen. I don't mean karate or kung fu or boxing or alien vs human fights, I mean pure, somewhat realistic, bloody, shitty, gritty, ugly, sick and fucked up war. They pretty much combined historical fact (if we can call history fact) with old strategy of war trying to portray nearly everything one could think of about it. What I personally like is how they emphasise the importance of generals and leading figures, how one of them can inspire a pack of soldiers to become monsters if he's confident and strong or in the opposite manner, one can drop the morale of thousands who can barely still hold their weapons if he's defeated on the battlefront. Now this anime I absolutely recommend, it's about a 9.5/10 if it wasn't for the occasional CGI they insert for the purpose of leisuring their work days, but most of it, like 80% is pure drawn anime, just 20% is CGI, but enough to drop half a point. Still this anime is highly recommended. The way people die here feels way more comfortable than in Gundam 00. It's leagues and bounds over the likes of Vinland Saga, no contest.
    Last edited by Johnny D; 15th March 2021 at 23:23.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    2 weeks from my last edit. People don't watch anime anymore!? ???
    I have to post anew as this one deserves it!

I've seen s04 of My Hero Academia 8.5/10, doesn't let down, finishes nice. Whateva'. Let's get down to serious business!

The Rising of the Shield Hero 9/10 - I've just seen 21 episodes out of the 25 total in 2 days, and were it not for work, I would have seen it all in one day! Where do I begin? Let's see... I've never heard of this anime from anyone, I just scouted the net, IMDB just suggested me this one, I trusted the high mark and boy was I rewarded! It's fucking awesome! It's a sort of Sword Art Online or Logg Horizon, an RPG in any case combined with elements from Black Clover and with a drop of Berserk and a sent of lovey-dovey, not too much, not too little, just enough to make it perfect. The action is good, the story is awesome. It captivates you from the double sized 1st episode and boy do you live alongside the main character! I never thought such simple and somewhat predictable scenes could get me so entangled but they do, because it's the most realistic RPG simulator anime ever made, for me. You're not even sure it's a game were it not for the stats shown for people and weapons.

The anime itself is good enough in it's most dull parts but when it comes to the turns and twists, it's a blast! And it's not your classical turns and twists like out of a sudden somebody discovers a superpower or a superability and blows everything away like most anime, this one it's just about people being cunts with the lot they have or being good with the little they have. And it tells you there's a limit to any real human being, on how much one can take before breaking (it's not much). The sheer reality of how it's shown here is absolutely staggering. It's not exaggerated, not one bit, it's as real as it gets. I absolutely loved how the author filled you in such details. Episode 21 was by far one of the best episodes I've seen of late, probably since Demon Slayer, I will copy it into my phone and watch it when I want to feel something good, I could even read the manga for more detailed face-work as it's priceless. ABSOLUTE DREADFUL SPOILER, DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN EP 21 YET
    The episode actually has an alternate that might be even better than the original. If our main character wouldn't have intervened, 2 sec. later we would have had one of the most epic scenes in anime most probably, the queen offering her life to our main character in exchange for her husband and daughter that wronged him terribly, shortly after she just sentenced them both to death, objectively. I think that would've made for a heart breaking moment best of the best. But the author didn't leave it out, so we get to imagine it.

That aside, the trial itself was a blast, people acting like buffons unable to believe what really happened, soon after plunged into a raging spree when they detected the real culprits for their kin's demises. In the trial, there was a "tell the truth or suffer" curse/spell that was usually only used on slaves to keep them in perpetual honesty and obedience to their masters, so one couldn't lie as easy as usual! And when you put a compulsory liar under that spell, the result is nothing short of delightful stuff. Even the king that was equally sentenced to death was appalled of what his beloved daughter has done! If I could find a fault to this episode is that it was too short, I want to read the manga for maybe an even more prolonged and detailed satisfaction at the unraveling of everything!
    With other words, I couldn't recommend this anime more! Absolute must! Most of the time it has relatively average stuff, only very well described, that's why I'm not giving it a 10/10, as it doesn't blow your mind, but it does blow your heart a little. I'm revizing my top 10 ever on it's account, it might just make it!

PS: I see they're getting ready a 2nd season for this year! That would be just what the doctor ordered!
    Last edited by Johnny D; 6th April 2021 at 23:35.
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Cum l-ai ratat pe asta pana acum? A fost in top in sezonul in care a rulat.

Ia de aici lista cu anime-uri bune din ultimii ani:

Charlotte
    Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu
    Dorohedoro
    Gleipnir
    Munou na Nana

Banuiesc ca nu trebuie sa mentionez Goblin Slayer, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Jujutsu kaisen, Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation etc. Kimetsu stiu ca l-ai vazut, e imposibil sa nu fi auzit de astea. Au ajuns la statut de arhicunoscute deja.

Tenkuu Shinpan - e pe Netflix. Nu se ridica la nivelul celor mentionate mai sus dar mie mi-a placut foarte mult. Actiune cat cuprinde.