Thread: Romanian Nationals

senior
    Reputatie

Romanian Nationals

Here are a few of my impressions after seeing the WAG AA/TF competition. They may sound a bit pessimistic.
    Besides Ana and Sandra who look quite at ease on their favorite events, the status of the other girls is very confusing.
    None of them gave me an impression of confidence although I had a blast seeing Cerasela compete all 4 events since spring 2008!
    I'm quite mad at Raluca, it seems to me that she's blown her chances for Worlds although she had all the good cards in her hands. Even her DTY (which could be her last chance for Worlds considering the level of the team on vault) is very doubtful. She nailed her 1st one but when asked to compete it again she just landed the 2nd one to her knees.
    What worried me much is how Diana and Amelia are nowhere near their level at Euros. Diana was very stable on beam but where has her full gone? Her FX is very lackluster compared to April. Her UB is still not at the required level. Only her VT is still the same (1 and 2 has she seems to have upgraded it since Ghent)
    Amelia well her BB is worrying (only a double twist dismount), her new FX is very forgettable (tumbling and choreo) and she doesn't have her DTY - only a FTY. On UB though she did quite nicely.
    About Juniors :
    Very relieved to see Diana Bulimar after the contradictory reports on her health status but so bummed about Neagu being injured. Another one of my favorites gone.
    I'm very happy that Larisa seems to have come back to her former self, she has brought back almost all of her great difficulty on the 4 events! She really had a great competition.
    I loved Irina Paun especially FX and BB although her UB lines need so much cleaning and her VT not up to par. Is she a 98 girl? I'm so looking forwards to see her shine in the future!

The rest of my impressions later...
    Last edited by Sri Ea; 18th September 2010 at 18:03.

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Thanks Sri Ea.

For me, the first Nationals day for girls... to describe it in one word, it was all about Cerasela. She was beyond my expectation. I am glad "our Irina" (she belongs here in the forum ) did her first big meet with no falls. Yes, Irina is 1998, but she did not turned 12 yet.

Another thing I liked was Gabi. And, of course, I am trilled to see Didi. I am feeling sorry for Amelia - it is not her year since she grew up a few cm in the last two months. Raluca was the dark part of today, but I still believe in her.

Very worrying is the status of the team indeed. Comparing with the past Romanian team, the bars looks better and all other events went down.

I don't think to much can be done now, so I try to see the good part: there are no injury among the seniors.

A special remark for Beatrice Margarit. I am glad Mariuta Balea is back. I enjoy seeing Ioana Badea. Sorry for Mada Neagu (she looks to me such a talent!). I hope Maria Rauta gain consistancy and... well not more to say, Larisa is Larisa!

senior
    Reputatie
    Thanks for confirming Irina's age. She has so much presence on floor and appears to be very clean on beam. I also love Maria Balea.
    Some other impressions as I try to remember what I have seen.
    I found it strange that Cerasela is tumbling her passes directly from the round off. What does it mean?
    I loved her choreo but I thought that it didn't suit her music at all (and i found the music horrible to be honest... why do my favorites always pick the wrong music for my ears?)
    The same for Amelia, this time I quite liked her music but the choreo was not at all suiting the music, it was very bland.
    I liked very much to see Gabi on 4 events too although she appeared very slow on FX and her VT is still very questionable formwise but it was great to see her and Cerasela rising again from their ashes. I saw Cerasela land her Y1.5 during warm ups but they told on TV that she missed it during competition.
    I thought that Gabriela looks actually quite competitive both on bars and beam.
    Sandra and Ana seem to be very expressive on the sidelines, it appears that they have a very good relationship with the coaches. Now I can be imagining it but I saw Diana Chelaru all smiles joking with coach Bitang at the beginning of the competition but her relationship with Belu doesn't seem very comfortable. On the events for which he was watching her, he seemed to be very cold with her while he had a warmer reaction to some other girls' bigger mistakes (pat on shoulders, etc.)

ETA : Oh and on a totally different note, I loved Porgras choice of leo!
    Last edited by Sri Ea; 18th September 2010 at 21:03.

4. 7th January 2018, 10:54