Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: European Championships WAG and MAG 2010

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanavol View Post
    Thanks, Martina Do you know if it can be watched online?
    No I am sorry - I don`t know....
    I will try to tape the coverage from TV though and if I can catch it I will burn it onto DVDs. I am not able to put it online unfortunately....but if someone is desperate maybe we can arrange some trade.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinaE View Post
    No I am sorry - I don`t know....
    I will try to tape the coverage from TV though and if I can catch it I will burn it onto DVDs. I am not able to put it online unfortunately....but if someone is desperate maybe we can arrange some trade.
    We also have one first photo online - of the Russian junior AA champs
    http://guboard.proboards.com/index.c...ay&thread=3111

Reputatie
    Thanks for the photo, Martina
    What did you think of the competition yesterday?

And about the recording...do you use a DVD recorder for that? I also wanted to do that (from the Romanian coverage)...does it work well? How many DVDs do you need for a competition (let's say 5hs)?

senior
    Reputatie
    Congratulations to Larisa and Diana for their very good rankings in the AA!
    It was nice to see that they performed with consistence on all the events as I had so much missed that.
    After watching vids, you can see that they have so much power on both her VTs, I wonder why Diana competed her easiest VT, i have never seen her miss her FTY (but coaches must know better). Same for Larisa, with proper technique, I would see her adding more twist to her VT, this one is so easy for her that it is well ...frustrating.
    For bars, well, judges have been strict with Diana and that'a good thing. This piked body all along the exercise has to be corrected or else she will always stay a 2 events girl. Larisa you see she has so much potential on bars but no clean basics alas. I wonder if they can do something about it in Deva as she could be a hell of a bar worker!
    Beam was great... but... but... I'm sorry to say that Larisa's routine is so boring (composition wise) for me. When I compare it to her previous years routine (especially in 2009 but also when she was 11 in 2007), this set looks so "normal". She has 2 highlights though : the double turn and the dismount sequence. However I found it much more exciting before. Now it is all skill pose skill pose without spark and her acro serie is very commom (plus she really has a lot of problems this year to get the connection with the front aerial.) Is she going through a growth spurt or something that prevents her from performing as well as before, she looked she got much taller than last year?
    Floor was great too. Leaps look fine, but it needs a little bit of cleaning in the tumbling and the turns. I so would like for Diana to take this title on FX as her tumbling is the most difficult and her overall presentation is so charming. However if she makes these little mistakes, I'm frightened that one of the Russian beauties with their awesome execution would take the advantage.
    It's funny to see the difference between Larisa and diana on the floor tumbles : one of them is a great tumbler with high acrobatics while the other is an awesome twister. LOL, they so complete one another.

In the end, congrats too to Komova and Grishina, they were so superior to the rest of Europe that they look that they have come from another planet of gymnastics (a blast from the past USSR? ... not surprising coming from Vera Kolesnikova's daughter)

Reputatie
    Thanks for the impressions, SriEa I also find the floor routines of the Russians simply beautiful...so elegant and so graceful. Let's not talk about the difficulty they have at all events.
    Diana and Larisa showed that they are tough competition girls and that I find so rarely nowadays...I really hope they'll grow well to the seniorship, Romania so much needs them! And I hope they will never loose their smile, they are so cute and have such a positive attitude that, I think, the rest will come. I also think they need to upgrade the VT and UB seriously in order to have a chance in beating the Russians in the AA...but...the coaches probably know better what they are able to do or not (and I trust they are not yet able to upgrade a lot, else they would have done that already...or maybe they don't want to do that before reaching seniorship...)

Reputatie
    First of all congratulations to Komova, Grishina and Larisa for their medals. Also Diana did very well in the AA (And I am happy for Lisa Top finishing 7th and Tess Moonen 9th, well done girls!)

I see potential in Diana's UB set. If she can correct the pike in her hips, it actually looks pretty nice. In my opinion better than Larisa, who looks so rushed all the time. That is the same with her beam. Calm down girl, she rushes from one element to the other, which shows in the quality of the work. It does not look "finished". that is a pitty, because she does the elements well, but she needs the polish and the calm to make them look very nice.

I really hoop Diana performs the floorroutine of her life tomorrow. I really like her routine and she has defininately the diffictulty to take the title, if she performs well.

Last but not least, I also like their attitudes when they are competing.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanavol View Post
    Thanks for the photo, Martina
    What did you think of the competition yesterday?

And about the recording...do you use a DVD recorder for that? I also wanted to do that (from the Romanian coverage)...does it work well? How many DVDs do you need for a competition (let's say 5hs)?
    You are welcome!! I hope we are going to have more photos available soon....
    I can`t say much about yesterday`s competition as I haven`t really seen anything. I just saw a few videos on YouTube and think the Russian and Romanian juniors are looking good.
    I loved Grishina`s floor.
    I have not seen all videos though.

Yes, I do have a DVD recorder - I tape onto hard disc and then transfer it to DVDs. I can only tape from TV though.
    I think I will need like 3 DVDs if I managed to catch all coverage....I will see.

I also found out about online coverage - this is Romanian TV so some of you will be watching that anyway I guess.

http://rotv-live.com/World-Stream/TV/romania/live.htm
    There is a software you need to download and then it works.
    The picture is not very good for me though.....stop and go......

senior
    Reputatie
    Congratulations to the girls.
    I realize they have to be sad about their bronze medal but the gold was already out of contention unless the Russians imploded which they didn't (well Nabieva did screw up a little bit on UB but the Russian team had so much advance in D score that they could afford to fall at least twice without being worried.)
    For the silver, well, it was difficult with the British girl hitting like crazy today (usually they are a team who falls apart on BB but not today). They are working so much on their D score in view of the OG. With Beth irreal scores and the other girls determined to perform their best in front of their audience, it was easy for them to overtake the Romanians because of their mistakes.
    I hope they realize that they are the generation of the girls who were only 4th at Junior Europeans 2 years ago (Chelaru was there but she was injured and couldn't compete, Haidu had been nursing an injury and was left home, Porgras was already injured too and though she became BB champion, she performed a downgraded FX, Racea was there and she was already the most consistent girl of the group)
    I'm most devastated for Raluca as sensitive as she is she has to feel responsible for the bad start and her general mediocre performances. But even what she has lost on BB wouldn't make up for the difference. I'm surprised however at the harsh and low scoring of the first 2 Romanian FX routines (what do judges expect in terms of executions for a beautiful hit routine?)

Reputatie
    Congratulations to girls. They gave as much as they could .... I'm surprised at GBR silver medal but they took advantage of Romania's mistakes.
    I hope Raluca can redeem herself tomorrow on BB in finals. It's her choice to medal - she has the 3rd highest qualifying score so she can either medal with something of some color or not medal at all. Ana, a brave champion competing on that ankle with lots of pain. After UB I saw her crying so badly and my heart broke for her because she has give so much for this team and hit every routine she has done and now she is badly hurt. I hope she will be fine and I hope she is rested after this.

Formite - not enough girls to make new team.. BLAHHHHHH - he didn't use Cerasela either - such silly choice. When he saw Raluca having meltdowns he could have replaced with Cerasela , pftttttt.

Amelia who was flourishing under the guidance of Junior coaches seems to be going DOWNHILL...The only one not going downhill is Chelaru so I am happy for her.

I pray our little juniors that did so well when they are given to Senior coaches do not go downhill. Bafta - tomorrow is a new day for all.

Here is the user on youtube who has posted videos from todays competition.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...19/OvXCLHdGErI

Happy looking.
    Last edited by Serena2010; 2nd May 2010 at 00:06. Reason: text

sport legend
    Reputatie
    It was a bad day on Saturday, not because of the scoring or the medal color, it was bad because of the sadness on girls face, because of the pain they have to endure.

I was asking myself why Cerasela did not compete to protect Ana on UB and Raluca on VT. (Cerasela could do a FTY). It would have been no difference on competition but I think, it would have been better for Ana and Raluca. Yes, I said Ana and Raluca because both of them have ankle problems. About Ana it was made public ahead of time, about Raluca they mentioned after qualification although some insiders knew it. I am writing this here because I consider it unfair to the girls (especially to Raluca) to be pointed as guilty for what happened.

Thank you all for your comments.

Reputatie
    Annalisa said on TAAF that she read on the website of the Italian federation that Ana Porgras will not compete in the barsfinal. Ferrari was 1st reserve and is now in. I wonder if she will compete on beam. Is her ankle really that bad? I am so sorry for her.

I think, whit the British competing that well yesterday, bronze was the highest Romania could get. I hope that one day the gymnasts will realize they can be happy with a bronze medal. I know the pressure must be extremely high coming from a country that has such a tradition, and where the press and (the average) people think that everything less than gold is a failure. Well, it is not. I agree with Sri Ea, with so little means and less and less girls going to the gyms, Romania does pretty well to stay in the top. Look at countries like Belarus, and Ukraine, with a great gymnastics tradition. They are really fading away. I hope that this will not overcome Romania. Until now, they are hanging on. And yes, they made mistakes yesterday, but I hope those girls can be happy with what they have achieved. I hope they will lear, and that this will be a motivation to try to do better next time. Because they can do better, they showed that in qualifications.

I really hope the injuries of Ana and Raluca are not that bad, That they can rest them and then starting to work towards Rotterdam. The potential is certainly there to do well.

Anyway, Diana just won a bronze on bars in the juniors competition. Well done!

senior
    Reputatie
    Ah Tes, Ana pulled out of BB EF too. Amelia is in.

Reputatie

Reputatie
    duh I am really confused now about Rai`s coverage for Europeans....

It now says they will show BB finals live juast at 5pm until 6:10pm....
    Then it says there is coverage from 8pm to 10pm as well - but the tabloit shows the date from last Sunday!?!
    http://www2.raisport.rai.it/news/tv.htm

Then on that other website it still says coverage will start at 11:45pm until 1:30 am the next morning....
    http://www.rai.it/dl/portale/GuidaPr...tml?refresh_ce

Does anyone know what we can rely on now??? I really don`t want to miss it even though it makes me sad to hear Ana pulled out of finals.... For her ankle it is the best of course - but those finals kind of loose a lot of quality for me this way...

senior
    Reputatie
    At first view I'd trust more the Teletext page (they say that gymnastics would be live and would broadcast the BB Final which coincides exactly with the official schedule ... and even on the 2nd page, I think the erroned date is a typo since last sunday didn't show the same program as written)
    I'll be in front of my TV at the first programmation (17:00 italian time) to be sure not to miss anything.

Reputatie
    OK great thank you so much Sri Ea!! I will start my DVD recorder at around that time as well to tape so that I can`t miss that.
    And I think I will be in front of the TV again at 8pm so see if they show more and to be able to tape if they do.

Even if it is a little complicated sometimes to find out when they do show things I am really grateful to be able and watch this channel. After Sport Planete is gone this is pretty much my only source now. Eurosport kind of sucks now with gymnastics too....

sport legend
    Reputatie
    I am sorry for Ana P. and I hope her ankle is ok. It is way too expensive price for an EC if Ana can not upgrade her routines for WC or worse, if she will not be ready to compete.

I like Romanian Juniors Team attitude.

Congratulation for Beth's bars, Amelia's beam and Raluca's medal! Those are for my the highlights of the day. In the opposite side, I am sorry for Youna's bar, Alya's floor and Ariella's vault. I consider all three of them are better.

Over all, Russian, both seniors and juniors looked great. The juniors rock! Congratulation to them, they deserved the gold.

Reputatie
    BRAVO Amelia - the best BB routine of them all to win the gold medal. Bravo Raluca for finally HITTING on BB. These medals are not only for you but for your team mate, Ana Porgras who gave so much too be withdrawn from event finals because of ankle. I hope Ana gets better.

Diana Chelaru - really impressed me with FX - upgrade AGAIN.... beautiful fx. Nice dismount and first tumble, double layout WOW.

Very happy that all girls received a medal of some color today.

Lots of wishes for their return home back to Romania (Deva).xoxo

junior
    Reputatie
    Just got back from Birmingham. Patrascu didn't do bars because she can't do a proper dismount. She's still too scared to land unfortunately. I hope she will get over this fear as they need her on bars.
    I loved Ana on beam, she's so elegant! and I also loved watching the juniors, especially Larisa and Didi. I think they do have a bright future and are constantly upgrading their routines.
    I felt really sad for Ana that she couldn't compete in the beam finals. I think she would have won gold if she stayed on and that would have been a back to back gold as she won gold as a junior 2 years ago.
    Also positive was that Sandra Izbasa was there to encourage the girls. She looks great and happy and said that training was going well and she would like to be fit for Worlds.

Reputatie
    Thank, Nicole!
    Oh my...so Cera is still afraid to land...poor girl It's understandable. Did you see what was her dismount?
    [COLOR="DimGray"]~ [B]STELA NISTOR[/B] ~~~ [B]ALIN JIVAN[/B] ~[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Game.[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]Set.[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]Match.[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="DimGray"]ANDREI PAVEL
    Steaua [SIZE="3"]noastra[/SIZE], nu a [SIZE="1"]voastra[/SIZE]! [/COLOR][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TiUirrZ4nY#t=2m29s[/url]

junior
    Reputatie
    No I didn't see Cera train/warm up at all. She looked after the girls. It was sweet to see, she encouraged them, she talked to Raluca to try and keep her calm, she ran for ice if they hurt themselves, we called her 'Doctor Cera' LOL! but I would rather see her perform again. She's such a great bars worker and I hope that she can overcome her problem with landing.