Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: European Championships WAG and MAG 2010

Reputatie
    [QUOTE=ioanavol;3018491]Firstly, thanks Serena and SriEa for writting also here...I was starting to think that there are no English-speaking fans here anymore, since everybody's trying to learn Romanian nowadays

Ha ha ha, Ioanavol - that is so funny. I am learning to speak Romanian but not fast enough so I surf between here and the Romanian speaking threads.

By the way, I want to share a link to a story written by a reporter who was lucky enough to see the Romanian juniors (WAG) at one of their training sessions. The article has great praise for our beloved juniors and this really makes me excited about the big showdown between Romania and Russia - like the glory old days (ha ha).

http://www.examiner.com/x-19152-Gymn...odium-training

Take a minute to read the article but a couple of things interesting...

- the reporter says the Romanian girls are not bad on UB which means she can see progress on UB

- Bulimar trained the most out of everyone and was doing the most repetitions

- Iordache great floor

- Solid stuck landings from Bulimar - she oozes CHARM

- Reporter was not sure of 2 of the girls on floor and asks "who are they?". If you read the article i think she is talking about Balea and beatrice margarit on floor.

Happy reading, I am happy to share stories in order to keep this thread updated.

I am more excited about this competition than I was for the 2008 Beijing games. Roll on the showdown!!
    Last edited by Serena2010; 27th April 2010 at 07:27. Reason: edit

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyy View Post
    Poza cu junioarele noastre de la antrenamentul oficial : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...d=280059768493
    Nu e Mariuta
    Romanian Juniors as they are in the picture in the link posted by Mihai: Madalina Neagu, Diana Rusu, Diana Bulimar, Beatrice Margarit, Larisa Iordache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serena2010 View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/x-19152-Gymn...odium-training
    - Reporter was not sure of 2 of the girls on floor and asks "who are they?"
    "Romanian no. 2 on floor has dramatic Arabian/Egyptian music" is Beatrice Margarit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWLwMeCPbKo and the one "who does Bond" I guess it is Diana Rusu.

Thank you Serena for the link and your comments as well as for your highly addictive enthusiasm I also can not wait for the competition to begin!
    Last edited by Tess_AN; 27th April 2010 at 08:57.

senior
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Serena2010 View Post
    The article has great praise for our beloved juniors and this really makes me excited about the big showdown between Romania and Russia - like the glory old days (ha ha).
    I don't think it is possible alas as much as I would love too. The Russian Juniors are miles ahead of the Romanians in the D score on both VT (they have 3 DTYs and one of them could be transformed into an Amanar -from Komova-) and UB sets.
    Their BB sets are as difficult as the Romanians and both teams show inconsistency on this apparatus. Maybe FX is the only event in which Romania has a slight advantage because they are usually more consistent in the tumbling.
    The format 5-5-3 won't help the Romanians much either.
    Good luck to the girls though,I would just be happy if they get on the podium after their 2008 4th place finish.

Reputatie
    Ana Porgras has broken hands from the bars, while she still has pain in her ankle.
    Forminte is afraid that she won't be able to do bars (and they really count on her for that) and that she won't be able to stay on the landings at FX and BB.
    http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...erande-6066240

I already have a déjà-vu...

senior
    Reputatie
    Thanks ioanavol!
    For the opened palms, it is a very common accident on UB and usually heals quickly, but it is very unfortunate that it happens now. The ankle is more worrying at this point imo.
    Good health to Ana and have a speedy recovery.

Reputatie
    I remember Andreea Raducan saying that before the OG 2000 she only did bars one time in the podium training, just because of preventing this to happen...
    I really don't get why they don't teach them with the...(how do you call them..."palmiere"in Romanian) since they are little kids? It's so much more modern way of performing...I know the Russians don't do it either, but still...poor hands.

EDIT: I'm really glad that the juniors impressed during training, I hope they'll say at least the same about the seniors today. We have such a great tem, a bit unexperienced, but how many beautiful and talented girls...we haven't had that since 2005. Go Ana, go Romania!
    Last edited by ioanavol; 27th April 2010 at 14:01.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanavol View Post
    I really don't get why they don't teach them with the...(how do you call them..."palmiere"in Romanian) since they are little kids? It's so much more modern way of performing...I know the Russians don't do it either, but still...poor hands.
    Grips in english.
    I agree, it would be much easier for them. Someone [a coach, a believe] once said in an interview that they are pretty expensive and that's why the little girls don't learn working on bars with them.
    [COLOR="DimGray"]~ [B]STELA NISTOR[/B] ~~~ [B]ALIN JIVAN[/B] ~[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Game.[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]Set.[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]Match.[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="DimGray"]ANDREI PAVEL
    Steaua [SIZE="3"]noastra[/SIZE], nu a [SIZE="1"]voastra[/SIZE]! [/COLOR][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TiUirrZ4nY#t=2m29s[/url]

senior
    Reputatie
    Some girls had grips in the past I think (Andreea Munteanu ???)
    Like you said, in the little clubs, they are quite expensive and then when the girls switch to bigger clubs or to the national team they are not used to them and many gymnasts think that it is not comfortable not to feel the apparatus.

Reputatie
    Well, if that's what keeps them from performing well in an European, World or OG final, then they loose much more than money...our dear Federation should see the big frame, investing in the little gymnasts secures the future (but when do they do that?!?)

Honestly, if that'd change sth, I (and surely I wouldn't be the only one) would just donate them to a club where little girls are training. But I really don't think that's the real problem.

Anyway, the first impressions from the podium training session appeared on the TAAF, for now only about Ukraine, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark and Croatia:
    http://www.the-all-around.com/index....=article&id=97
    Last edited by ioanavol; 27th April 2010 at 14:39.

senior
    Reputatie
    Russia is training now (Subdivision 2) and Romania later (Subdivision 3)...

Reputatie
    Thanks, Sri Ea. Can't wait to hear how they did.

senior
    Reputatie
    Romania's training is 15.15 to 17.15 GBR time. Can't wait either!

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Ea View Post
    I know that Raisport will show the WAG TF on saturday (but it will be at night, at 10:30 pm italian time) I still don't know for the EF on sunday... but I hope they show them even with some days of delay.
    Oh yay thank you so much Sri Ea - that are great news!! I will make sure to watch and tape that. And I also keep my fingers crossed for them to show EF as well!! If they do combined with Eurosport that should be a pretty decent coverage I hope!

And ioanavol - thank you soooo much for those videos!! I hope we will be able to get this on WAG as well esp. in case Rai won`t show EF.....

Reputatie
    You're welcome, but don't thank me, Amalia is the great recorder here We count on her also for the WAG competition.

Reputatie
    Thanks for all the info guys! I was not able to follow the men's competition much, hope I will for the girls. Happy for Koczi and the juniors! I wonder why Maria Balea was replaced at last notice. Hope she is not injured. A shame, I would have loved to see that little piece of dynamite at Europeans.

Good luck to all the girls tomorrow!

Reputatie
    OK regarding coverage on Rai Sports for WAG this is what I found on the internet.....

Saturday:
    21:00 Qualificazione europei femminile
    22:30 Campionati Europei Femminili

Sunday:
    13:45 Qualificazione europei femminile
    22:00 Campionato femminile
    23:45 Campionato europeo femminile

I just don`t know if all of this is gymnastics or not as they kind of do not mention the sport it is about on the website........!?!?!

Reputatie
    The qualification-rounds will be broadcasted on Rai Sports?
    This would be amazing...

Thanks Martina!
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    Hey All

Taken from the ALLROUND - notes from Senior woman's training observations on Russia and Romania

TEAM RUSSIA TRAINING SENIOR WAG

Russia started in which one is one of their best apparatus nowadays, uneven bars. Aliya Mustafina is the starter but she struggled connecting a stalder 1/1 - Tkatchev - Pak - stalder 1/2 combo, at the end, she was able to do it succesfully; her routine also includes a stalder 1/1 on low bar to toe on shaposhnikova 1/2, inside stalder 1/2 - pikded Jaeger. Tatiana Nabieyva was the second with a stalder 1/1, shaposhnikova, giant 1/1 - Pak, shaposhnikova 1/2, inside stalder 1/2 - Jaeger, stalder 1/1 - full in. The dismount combo didn't work the second try. Ekaterina Kurbatova did a clear hip shaposhnikova, giant 1/1 - Tkatchev - Pak (twice too close to the bar), shaposhnikova 1/2, Ono - full in off. On beam, Semyonova was unstable with a fall on the onodi - flic - layout combo, she also had a big wobble out of the free aerial - flic - whip, that prevented her to connect it to the sheep jump, her routine also had a free cartwheel, a side somi and a ro - double pike dismount. Mustafina did a beautiful double turn, arabian, switch ring leap, flic, free aerial - side somi, side somi, onodi, ro - 2 1/2 off. Secure. The decision for the Russian coaches is who to use for the last beam position during team finals. Kurbatova performed a switch ring leap, free aerial - flic - layout, Kochetkova, turn with leg at head, ro - double back (close to beam). In my opinion, Myzdrikova did a much better effor with a free aeral - flic - layout, switch 1/1 leap, side somi, switch leap - back tuck, 1 1/2 turn, split jump - wolf jump, ro - double pike off. It's a tough decision. On floor, Semyonova surprised with a double layout opening tumble that watered down to a double back at the moment of tumbling with the music, her routine also included a 2 1/2 - barani - stag jump, 1 1/2 - 1/1, doulbe pike off. Ekaterina Kurbatova did a double arabian, 1 1/2 - 1/1, double back, double pike. Aliya Mustafina, surprisingly, did floor with a doulbe arabian (stuck with a beautiful position to open it), 2 1/2 - 1/1, turn with leg at head, 1 1/2 - 1 1/2 and 3/1 off. Anna Myzdrikova performed a whip - double arabian, 3/1 - back tuck, 2 1/2 - barani - stag jump, double pike off. This must be the most beautiful floor line up in recent history. Russia finished on vault where Mustafina, Nabieva, Kurbatova and Myzdrikova all vaulted double twisting Yurchenko. Out of all of them, Mustafina's was the best one followed by Nabiyeva, Kurbatova and Myzdrikova. The last three gymnast had second vaults, piked podkopayeva that turned into layout for most of them. Myzdrikova even tried to add an extra 1/2 twist on it but she couldn't land it. It will be difficult to choose the three vaulting gymnasts since Myzdrikova's second vault is the best of all of them, but her Yurchenko double twist is really bad and full of deductions. As a curious note, Semyonova changed her leotard after floor although she didn't have to perform on vault.

TRAINING NOTES ON ROMANIAN SENIOR WAG

Romania started in her worst apparatus, uneven bars, Ana Porgras struggled quite a bit unable to hit a single routine. At the end, she managed to connect the stalder 1 1/2 - Jaeger, but she had problems on the change from high to low bar, she dismounted with a double layout. Other routines included a stalder 1/1 - Jaeger with a Tuskahara dismout, Jaeger, giant 1 1/2 - double front off (fall all the times) and a giant 1/1 - Gienger with a tuskahara dismount. Ana Porgras missed the foot in her ff - ff - double back off, and only did a back tuck; she also did a free aerial - flic - layout, switch leap - back tuck and side somi. The first up fell on a flic - shishova that managed to hit later on, she also had a silivas mount, fre aerial - back tuck, sheep jump, back pike, flic - flic - double pike off. The second had a flic - back tuck, free aerial, blic - back pike, switch leap - side somi, flic - flic - double pike off. On floor, things started badly for Romania with a Tuskahara, 2 1/2 punch front, 3/1 (underrotated), double pike (fall) from Raluca Haidu. Amelia Racea did a Tsuakahara, 2 1/2 punch front, double pike off; while Diana Chelaru had a double layout, whip - 3/1, 2 1/2 punch layout (saved) and Tsuakahra dismount. Ana Porgras, who won't do floor, did a 2/1, 2 1/2, 2/1, 2/1... On vault, Raluca Haidu crashed all of her attempts of a double twisting Yurchenko, Diana Chelaru did a handspring front pike and a handspringt front tuck 1/1 and a double twisting Yurchenko; aiming for vault finals. Amerlia Racea also did a double twisting Yurchenko with some knee issues and an Omelianchik.

The full article can be read here

http://www.the-all-around.com/index....=article&id=97

Sad news about Ana. I hope when I woke up tomorrow (its nearly midnight where I am) I will hear good news on here about Ana.

Can I see Rai Sports TV channels from the USA?? Is it online?? Are the Europeans being broadcasted on TVR??

senior
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinaE View Post
    OK regarding coverage on Rai Sports for WAG this is what I found on the internet.....

Saturday:
    21:00 Qualificazione europei femminile
    22:30 Campionati Europei Femminili

Sunday:
    13:45 Qualificazione europei femminile
    22:00 Campionato femminile
    23:45 Campionato europeo femminile

I just don`t know if all of this is gymnastics or not as they kind of do not mention the sport it is about on the website........!?!?!
    I'm quite frightened it's not all gymnastics only the 2 last programs. Pretty stupid from them not to mention the sport, isn't it?
    The only Raisport page that always mentions the sport is this one but they never put the programs in advance:
    http://www2.raisport.rai.it/news/tv.htm
    (BTW at the moment,they still have yesterday's program )

@ Serena : I know there was a way to watch Raisport online a few years ago but I don't know if it is not possible now.

senior
    Reputatie
    Qualies are over for the Romanian Juniors... I have very mixed feelings although frustration has to be the dominant one.
    Well, if we take the positive side, girls were brilliant on FX (although I do wonder why Diana Bulimar had such a little D score... she must have messed sthing up).
    For the rest, I'm quite devastated about BB (except for Madalina Neagu, with her current SV I doubt that she could do much more). Bars were -let's be honest- quite mediocre, so was vault (it seems that Rusu threw a lovely FTY that was not really rewarded).
    Let's hope they can grab the podium although there are still 3 subdivisions to go and that they do better during AA and EF (they will surely enter the FX final; for the BB final, there is alas no guarantee at all.)

sport legend
    Reputatie
    As I said in the Romanina thread, I am sorry that Didi did not qualified for BB final and for Beatrice she did not reach any finals in spite of good performance at two apparatus. I see a lot of potential on Beatrice for VT and FX. (She is our Williams with better artistics- we may see her a VT world champ! )

Over all, in a positive note, if Romanians get 2 gymnasts per final - Iordache, Bulimar, Neagu and Rusu are there and it is nice to have 4 girls in finals. Diana Rusu (forget about bars, she is a 3 apparatus gymnast) it was a nice surprise.

The FX was thrilled! (except I did not understand why only 5.5 D score for Bulimar ???) The BB in the opposite side! Those are our dearest juniors girls! As kids, one good attitude should be balance with a bad one! I hope they stay healthy and mature before they become seniors. And I hope they'll continue to work with the same technicians - it looks like the overall juniors girls attitude is nice and productive one!
    Last edited by Tess_AN; 28th April 2010 at 16:52.