Thread: TROPHEE MASSILIA 1992

incepator
    Reputatie

TROPHEE MASSILIA 1992

Salut à toutes et à tous !

Comme nous sommes tous, aussi bien Français que Roumains, locuteurs de langues romanes, j'ai décidé de commencer en français! (en evitant au possible les accents qui pourraient poser des problemes!).

Le "Trophee Massilia", comme son nom l'indique, avait lieu chaque anee dans la ville de Marseille. J'ai eu la chance d'y assister en 1992 et j'ai pu prendre des photos de stars de l'epoque, comme Henrietta Onodi, Svetlana Boguinskaia, Yang Bo, Jenny Rolland, etc...

Vous y trouverez egalement des posters, des tickets d'entree, des morceaux de journeaux et quelques autographes.

J'espere que cela vous plaira!
    Faites-moi part, SVP, de commentaires!

TROPHEE MASSILIA 1992
    http://site.voila.fr/trophee_massilia_92

EN ENGLISH :

As we are all, Romanians as Frenchs, speakers of Romanic languages, I decided first to begin my post in French.

I'm French, and I had the chance to attempt to the "Trophhe Massilia", in Marseille, in 1992. I had the opportunity to take there pictures of great stars of that time, like : Henrietta Onodi, Svetlana Boguinskaia, Yang Bo, Jenny Rolland, etc.
    The text is in French, but every page is full of pictures.
    You'll also can see posters, tickets, sheets of newspappers and some autographs.

I hope that you will like it!
    Tell me after what did you thought, please!

TROPHEE MASSILIA 1992
    http://site.voila.fr/trophee_massilia_92

Bunâ ziua si multumesc!
    Louis

incepator
    Reputatie

Ah! Finalement je crois que je peux utiliser les accents français! Tant mieux! Ce n'est pas le cas dans tous les forums étrangers!!

Merci encore!
    Louis

Reputatie
    Salut Louis!

Your web page is interesting and I enjoyed visiting it. As a gym fan I can understand the thrill and the emotion one can feel while watching a gym competiton, there are some I will never forget myself. It’s a bit of a shame that the photos aren’t larger and clearer, but as I understood with my rather poor French the camera wasn’t the best model. Have you posted a link to your site on the Gymworld.de forum? If not, you should do it, it’s the largest European gym forum and it’s visited daily by hundreds of fans.

incepator
    Reputatie

Hi, my dear Mihaela!

You're right, I took my pics with a poor camera. Anyway, it has the advantage to give unreleased pictures that nobody knew before!

Thank you for giving me the name of a big website where I can post mine. I will do that, thanks.

Hey, it's strange, but I thought that the Romanian people spoke French -as Nadia Comaneci-! In fact, as you know, we have a commune history : the Roman empire and its culture.
    Concerning me, even if I don't understand everything in Romanian, I understand the majority of the things. For example, it wasn't hard for me to register me in this forum and understand, when I received the mail, that someone replied me here.

Very friendly,
    Louis

incepator
    Reputatie
    Hi Mihaela,
    Hi everybody.

For the people who doesn't understand French, I can resume the text of my webpage in English, as I did yesterday in the forum of Gymworld.de.

Here it is :

" My name is Louis, I´m French and I´m 29 now.
    I discovered the gymnastics during the Brussels World Cup in October 1990 (I saw it on TV), and I really liked it.
    I was in Barcelone during the Olympic Games and I attent to the men´s qualifications.
    But I had the chance to see in person Henrietta Onodi, Svetlana Boguinskaya, Yang Bo, Maria Neculita, Lilia Podkopayeva,
    Valentin Moguilny and many others during the Trophée Massilia (now "Massilia Gym Cup") on November 1992 in Marseille.

So I went to make a website about this last one, containing my personal pictures, public notices, tickets and anecdotes. My pictures are in a poor quality but I think that they are unreleased, because I never saw any pic from the Trophée Massilia 1992 on the web. For the moment my website is only in French, but I´m going to work on an English version. I just hope that my English will be good enough! :?

I met Yang Bo and the French gymnast Jenny rolland in a U-station where little gymnasts from Marseille were doing demonstrations. Someone took me a pic with Jenny. Yang Bo wrote to me an autograph and after this she made me a beautiful smile that I´ll never forget! I took a picture from her.

Concerning Henrietta Onodi, I saw her in person for the very first time on November 27, 1992 (in the morning), during the last repetitions of the opening show. Normally, only the schools and the highschools could attend to these rehearsals and in that time I stopped my studies for a while. But I explained to some pupils of a highschool class that I wanted to take some pictures and that they understood. As I was young, the organizers didn´t pay attention to me and I could enter on the building.
    I couldn´t see Svetlana, but Henrietta was here, just under my eyes. What emotion! I was just only surprised to see that she was smaller that I could imagine seeing the TV. She was repeting on the vault (as you know, she was Olympic champion on this with the Romanian Lavinia Milosovici) with younger girls of the Hungarian team (Kinga Horvath, Varga, etc.)
    Some little boys were asking Henrietta for an autograph, but she didn´t pay attention to them, maybe because she wanted to stay concentrated. One of these kids said : "Hey! Is she deaf or what???". So another kid throwed to her a papper plane which came near of her feet! She didn´t look at the children, but she smiled to her teamfriends about this.

On that night it was the Opening show. Henrietta and Svetlana were the big stars present. During the show, some little girls from the team of Marseille took them by the hand for presenting them to the audience. Henrietta smiled. When the girls let them out, each one took a place under the tiers. So Henrietta was just under my siege. Every child there came to her for having an autograph. Me, under the emotion, I took a little time to get out my papper and my pencil! And when I had it, Henrietta was yet
    turned over, looking at the show. As the music had fulled all the building, I touched her legendary ponytail with my pencil for that she see me. At first she turned her head to a teamfriend, thinking that was she who called her. But just after she saw me. I tightened to her my papper and my pencil, but she said to me "Finished!" and she go away. I was so disappointed about this! I was waiting that moment for two years long and then everything was blewed!
    Anyway, today I smile thinking about that time.

The next two days were devoted to the competitions. Svetlana and Henrietta were the guests, so they didn´t take part in. But they had to make demonstrations. Wonderful! They played their program of Barcelone. I was just thinking that I prefered Henrietta´s floor from 1990/91. Anyway, she was silver medalist on this in Barcelone. On the other hand she fell from the beam in Marseille.
    I took pictures these days too : they are on my website, even if they are in a really poor quality!
    Some men were present too for demonstrations : Valentin Moguilny and boys from Antibes (a city situated in the French Riviera).
    One thing seemed strange to me : during the moment of rehearsals one boy of Antibes was turning on the horizontal bar. But all this was stand up in a bad way and fell down with the man turning on! He knew how to fall but it could be very dangerous for him. And at this moment I saw Henrietta and Svetlana looking each other and smiling about it!
    That was the first and last time that I saw Henrietta Onodi. I had a chance to see her, shortly before that she stop to work in Europe.

On May 1993, during the France-Russia gym feast, I had the chance to see again Svetlana Boguinskaya, with short hair. Tatiana Lysenko, one of my other favourites, was there too. It was done in Montpellier, another city in south of France. Unfortunately I didn´t take pictures that day. Anyway, I kept my ticket, a public notice and a newspapper piece. I put that on the website.

That´s it! "

Don't hesitate to send me comments!
    Very friendly,
    Louis

incepator
    Reputatie

Be careful : virus !

:x Hi everybody!

I went to know that I had a virus on my computer, called "I-Worm.Sobig". It's a hidden and very vicious one : it installs itself on your hard disk and look for all the e-mail adresses that you have on your computer and sends to your friends e-mails under the name "big@boss". So, if you receive it, don't open it. Because little by little this virus takes control of your computer!
    Tell it everybody.

For more informations :
    http://www.viruslist.com/eng/viruslist.html?id=58906

Friendly,
    Louis.