Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carolina Kostner

Reputatie

Carolina Kostner

CAROLINA KOSTNER
    http://www.corriere.it/Media/Foto/20...8/CAROLINA.jpg

Carolina Kostner (born February 8, 1987 in Bolzano, Italy), is an Italian figure skater. She is the 2007 & 2008 European champion and the 2008 World Silver Medalist.

Carolina Kostner is the daughter of Patrizia, who was a nationally ranked figure skater in the 1970s, and Erwin, who played ice hockey for the Italian national team at the World Championships and Olympic Games. She has two brothers. Kostner is the cousin and godchild of Isolde Kostner, a silver medalist in alpine skiing at the 2002 Winter Olympics. She has dated fellow figure skater and 2006 Olympic silver medalist, Stéphane Lambiel, in the past.

Kostner speaks Ladin at home, and also speaks fluent German, Italian, English and some French. She completed her secondary education in Oberstdorf in June 2007 and announced plans to enroll at the University of Torino (Turin) in the fall of 2007, continuing to train with Huth in Germany and splitting her time between Obertsdorf and Turin.

Kostner made her senior European debut in the 2002-2003 season, finishing 4th at the European championships. Later that year, she became the first Italian skater to medal at Junior Worlds, winning a bronze. In 2004, she finished 5th at Europeans and at Worlds, and in 2005 finished 7th at Europeans before narrowly edging Michelle Kwan for a bronze medal at the World Championships in Moscow. Kostner was chosen to be flag bearer for the host Italian team during the opening ceremony of the 2006 Winter Olympics. She had a disappointing Olympics, finishing in 9th place, and later finished in 12th place at 2006 Worlds. The next two seasons brought better results for Kostner: she won the Euopean title in 2007 and 2008, won the bronze at the 2007-8 Grand Prix Final, and was the silver medalist at the 2008 World Championships, behind Japanese skater Mao Asada. Kostner is ranked third in the world as of March 2008.

Kostner is renowned for her commanding speed over the ice and her ability to land triple-triple combinations, most consistently the triple flip-triple toe. In practices she has landed three jump triple-triple-triple combinations. When her home rink closed in 2001, Carolina set out on an international search for a new coach and training center and chose to work with Michael Huth in Oberstdorf, Germany, about a four hour drive from her home in Bolzano. She continues to work with Michael Huth as her primary trainer and uses a mix of choreographers including her longtime choreographer, Megan Smith, and stars such as Kurt Browning and Lori Nichol.

PS: Discutii ontopic..daca vreti sa discutati si altceva sunt threaduri deschise pentru asta
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    deci fara rautati
    de ce n-ar face o fac in germania? ca totusi naveta torino-oberstdorf i-ar face mai mult rau decat bine pentru caeriera ei de patinatoare...

Reputatie
    Bravo Adelina! Carolina merita si un thread pro nu numai unul anti. Ma repet, mie mi-a placut de cand era junioara, avea o gratie aparte si o are, chiar daca a mai crescut. Si apoi, e campioana noastra europeana, nu? Munceste din greu impotriva japonezelor, americancelor.......

"Kostner speaks Ladin at home" ??? trebuie sa ma documentez despre asta!!!
    "Cand simt nevoia de maretie, la Yagudin ma intorc."

Reputatie
    Ma bucur ca esti de acord cu mine..si eu cred ca ii trebuia si un thread pro
    Si eu m-am mirat cand am citit "ladin" o fi latin..si or fi gresit sau o fi vre-un dialect de prin Italia..oricum stiu ca difera limba vorbita in sud(sa zicem) fata de cea nordica.

In legatura cu facultatea: o stii ea mai bine de ce
    Si da pe threadul asta fara rautati
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."

Reputatie
    Ma bucur ca i-a facut cineva un thread, Caro e una dintre favoritele mele si cea buna patinatoare europeana.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Kostner speaks Ladin at home, and also speaks fluent German, Italian, English and some French.
    Am aflat ce inseamna dialectul Ladin: este dialectul ebraico-spaniol, asa cum idis este dialectul ebraico-german,

Reputatie
    good to know. eu credeam ca idis e limba tuturor evreilor : insert ashamed smile :
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    Kostner speaks Ladin at home, and also speaks fluent German, Italian, English and some French.
    Pardon!! Am facut o confuzie de informatii in legatura cu dialectul Ladin!

Not to be confused with Ladino language.
    Ladin (Ladino in Italian, Ladin in Ladin, Ladinisch in German) is a Rhaeto-Romance language spoken in the Dolomite mountains in Italy between the regions of Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol and Veneto. It is closely related to the Swiss Romansh and Friulian.

Ladin should not be confused with Ladino (also called Judaeo-Spanish), which is a Romance language derived mainly from Spanish, Hebrew, Turkish, and Greek.

(Romanian language is also a Romance language.)
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 29th April 2008 at 02:25.

Reputatie
    ce mai face caro ?
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    Last edited by whisper; 14th August 2008 at 22:22.

Reputatie
    here the translation of the vid!
    W: the journalist
    C: carolina kosnter
    G: giovanni allevi, a famous pianist. Carolina did an exibithion with his music "panic"

W:" so young but so fellow man: the sweetness, the simplicity and the enbarassament of Carolina Kostner and Giovanni Allevi, 2 of the most loved famous people by youth. you talk about the Summer and they're eyes glisten"

G:"I remember one Summer which i spent on the seaside, but in fact i was just always listening to a concert of Brahms for piano and orchestra, which has an amazing melody at the begin and is like this.." [he starts to play the piano]

C:"I remember that when i was a young girl i used to go on August on the mountains to help to harvest the hay... and the smell of the hay or sleeping on the hay were some things very "free" [that's what she said but is not very italian... i guess she meant something like that they were simple things that now she can't do because of lots of trainings]"

G:" i don't go in holiday since many years so i suppose i'm not still able to have relax on holiday.."

C:"about me, my challengers never sleep so i prefer to train!"

W:"Both of them are waiting for the Olympic Games."[Pechino 2008. This interview is from 27/07/08]

G:" well, one of my favourite sport is the Arch, beacuse the moment before the fired of the arrow is useful for me, because they're concentrated to achieve their goals." [for a pianist, the concentration is very important]

C:"to you Antonio, [one of the italians for the row who has been the standard bearer], i want to say "i know you're strong, but pay attention because the flag is heavy!"

W:"from the standard bearer of Torino 2006 the "break a leg" to Antonio Rossi and the others members of the italian team: " Have fun and i'll think to you! bye all!"
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff3/_stefy92_/flamenco_2.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]avatar and signature (C) Stefy. Don't steal[/COLOR][/[/SIZE]CENTER]

Reputatie
    Thanks for the translation, Stefy!
    "cand aduci un stadion de oameni pana in punctul de a-si rupe traheea cantand ..atunci esti un artist adevarat. de neuitat din primul rand"
    KC :dance:

Reputatie
    you're welcome!! ^^
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff3/_stefy92_/flamenco_2.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]avatar and signature (C) Stefy. Don't steal[/COLOR][/[/SIZE]CENTER]

Reputatie
    Grazie, Stefy!

Reputatie
    Am gasit un forum dedicat Carolinei: http://carolinakostner.11.forumer.co...c6904df9fba76e

Reputatie
    sunt prima care se inregistreaza acolo
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    Te cred Ade te cred. Stiu cat de mult tii la ea

Reputatie
    Am gasit o stire pe FSU...poate stiati,eu am zis ca oricum va anunt!

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT to all Carolina fans and figure skating fans.

We would like to inform you that the complaint submitted by the Italian Skating Federation (FISG) to the ISU concerning the marks Carolina received by the technical pannel for the long program at the European Figure Skating Championships HAS BEEN ACCEPTED and will be discussed by the ISU commission. The Italian Skating Federations (FISG) will update us as soon as the ISU provides the official release with the final decision.

A spin in Carolina's long program was not counted - not because she made a mistake but because of a debatable interpretation of the rules, therefore the "sit spin" was called a "combination spin".
    Carolina lost gold not for something she has not done but because of a quarter of revolution over the maximum of revolutions allowed in upright position at the end of her sit spin.

On Carolina's behalf, thanks everyone for your support!

Mancini Group - Carolina's management

Cat caz se poate face....de parca ar schimba cu ceva situatia!

Reputatie
    nu vad nimic rau in asta.
    unele lucruri trebuie luate in discutie pentru a nu se mai intampla altadata asa ceva.
    nu i se poate intampla doar Carolinei.

Reputatie
    mda....oricum aurul tot nu il mai poate lua....si crezi ca daca a facut chestia asta nu o sa se mai poata intampla?sa fim seriosi....

Reputatie
    nu trebuie sa ia aurul, dar la fiecare competitie trebuie sa castige cine merita.
    nu cred ca au facut-o intentionat, dar neclaritatile trebuie discutate...