Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek

Reputatie

Evan Lysacek

EVAN LYSACEK
    http://ultranow.typepad.com/ultranow..._lysacek2a.jpg

Evan Frank Lysacek (pronounced [ɛvʌn lyːsaːʧek], ɜvæn l-yes ɑchɛk (LIE-sah-chek) born June 4, 1985) is an American figure skater. He is the 2007 & 2008 U.S. National Champion, 2008 Grand Prix Final bronze medalist, and a two-time World bronze medalist (2005–2006). Lysacek is currently ranked 7th in the world. He was the United States Olympic Committee's Male Athlete of the Month for November 2006.

More infos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Lysacek
    http://ultranow.typepad.com/ultranow..._lysacek1a.jpg

Lysacek heals wounds with "Stars on Ice"
    U.S. champion reveals he is a cutthroat charade player

By Lynn Rutherford, special to icenetwork.com
    (04/10/2008) - Evan Lysacek isn't modest, at least when it comes to his abilities at charades.

"Oh come on, I'm the best," he said to cast mate Kimberly Meissner. "[Ben] Agosto might be the best actor, but I'm the best player."

With the Smucker's Stars on Ice bunch traveling in different buses as they wind up the show's U.S. tour, the vehicle carrying Olympic-eligible skaters Lysacek; Meissner; and Tanith Belbin passes the time with some retro fun, courtesy of the I Love Lucy-era parlor game.

"What goes on, on the bus, is not necessarily what everyone thinks," Belbin, who has dated Lysacek for more than a year, laughed. "The other bus plays Guitar Hero [a music video game] the whole time, so I guess we took it back a little ways."

"We are so good, now we just talk in charades," Meissner added. "Ben is on my team; Tanith and Evan, who are so connected in the mind it's just wrong, are on the other team."

The eligibles joined Stars on Ice after the 2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Gothenburg, and have injected a new energy into the final U.S. stops.

"Many skaters have had a difficult time adapting to the demands of a professional tour," David Hoffis, the long-time tour director, said. "This season, not only has Sasha [Cohen] become a brilliant headliner and exceeded all of our expectations, but Evan, Kimmie and Tanith and Ben have fit in incredibly well and added a lot."

For Lysacek, who withdrew from Gothenburg after injuring his left forearm, elbow and shoulder, the tour is a creative outlet for pent-up frustration.

"I'm getting much better; I've been working my way back every day," the U.S. champion said. "I was off [the ice] for two weeks, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any of this commitment, because I was pretty devastated having to sit home and watch worlds.

"Obviously I wasn't going to be totally ready to come back and go on tour, but I skated one day at home, and then I came and joined them. My second day on the ice was my first show. It's been probably the best thing I could have done to take my mind off of it. I've almost, with the exception of doing some interviews, forgotten about it."

Performing with the tour has been a longtime goal for Lysacek, who vividly remembers his childhood trips to Stars on Ice.

"It's a really tight-knit cast and for the eligible skaters to join it, we are really humble because it's been a legacy in our sport," he said. "I went to see if before I even started skating. We used to go watch every year, and to be a part of it now is sort of surreal."

The withdrawal from Gothenburg was a particular blow, said Lysacek, because he was in top form before a hard fall training his triple Axel dashed his hopes.

"I saw some of it, and I really wish I was there, because I was skating really well," he said. "That was the hardest thing, not just that I missed it, but that I totally regrouped after [placing third at] ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships in February.

"I shook up my training schedule, worked really hard, got really strong. I was going for a gold medal, thinking everyone would be in peak form. That's how I was training and, I don't know how to say this, but to see how the event unfolded was even more disappointing to me."

Only Canadian Jeffrey Buttle, who easily won the title with two clean programs, performed at his best in Gothenburg. But, as Lysacek noted, that's the nature of the sport these days.

"[The men's event] is not being dominated by one person; right now its eight, nine skaters, and whoever has the best skate that day can win," he said.

"It's encouraging to all of us to try and push ourselves, because we know there's a chance to be the best. No one can really predict what's going to happen at this point, and it's a good thing, because there's still no clear-cut favorite going in to the [2010] Vancouver Olympics. The group at the top has been competing with each other for the last decade or more and we all have had ups and downs, every single one of us."

The two-time world bronze medalist (2005 and 2006) will next compete at the Japan Open, a pro-am team event to be held on April 20th in Tokyo. He, along with Meissner; U.S. champion Mirai Nagasu; and six-time U.S. champion Todd Eldredge comprise the U.S. team, and will face off against a Japanese team headed by world champion Mao Asada, and a European squad featuring two-time world champion Stéphane Lambiel.

Lysacek will perform his free skate to Puccini's "Tosca," which he used to win the 2008 U.S. Figure Skating Championships this January in a tie-breaker over Johnny Weir.

"There are still times when my elbow and shoulder will be real sore, but I think I've been able to get back," he said. "We're practicing, Kimmie and Todd and I, and it's encouraging to be training with other people. In the past when I've had injuries it's been a slow rehabilitation process, and being with friends makes it a lot easier."

Lysacek hopes to execute his triple Axel combination in Tokyo, and is picking up a little extra coaching from 1998 Olympic champion Ilia Kulik, who is also performing with Stars on Ice.

"Yeah, Ilia is helping me get back with the triple Axel; he has some secret Russian tips I can't say," Lysacek laughed. "Kimmie is pushing me through my program run-throughs, we have our little team."

Lysacek kicks off Stars on Ice each night with the first solo performance, to a Michael Jackson medley. Creating the program was a group effort, with Lysacek, Belbin, choreographer J.T. Horenstein and fashion designers Richie Rich and Traver Rains of Heatherette all contributing.

"I'm not a dancer, by any means, but I wanted to do something fun," Lysacek said. "The costume is designed and made by Heatherette, and it demanded something sort of funky.

"This was our favorite idea; it's like a spin-off of Chris Brown's performance at the VMA's [MTV Video Music Awards], which we thought was so cool. First came the costume and music, and second came the choreography."

The tall, lanky skater admitted some of Jackson's moves, including his famous "moon walking," didn't come easily.

"It took a lot of different kinds movements from me; the Michael Jackson stuff was harder than the hip hop, because hip hop is freer and you don't have to be so precise," he explained.

"To get me to move my hips, it was my God, my hips aren't moving! It's a little bit different feeling."
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    din pozele mele din pc, cause I like Evan
    bine ca i-ai deschis thread
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reputatie
    asta e una din galele in care evan mi se pare f hot !!! mie nu prea imi merge youtubeul acum, sper ca linkul e bun.
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=axF4XIKdAGQ

si asta e cealalta gala care imi place.
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iS5UczLsnWw

astea sunt my favourites!!!
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."

Reputatie
    he`s a heartthrob, clar!
    si are o prietena pe masura lui

Reputatie
    ma rog, pot sa am alta parere despre prietena lui???
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    tu da
    eu nu . mie mi se pare ca tipa concureaza la frumusete cu kiira.

Reputatie
    dar eu nu zic ca nu-i frumoasa, nu as putea . dar ma enerveaza. poate am eu ceva pt ca f putini americani nu ma enerveaza. ben agosto e funny dar ea e prea americanca pt gustul meu.

Reputatie
    nu-mi place tipuldeci din punctul asta de vedere se potriveste perfect cu prietena lui

Reputatie
    la mine e invers.....ea imi place,el nu!

Reputatie
    nu-mi place deloc cum arata...are nasu mare

Reputatie
    Mai stiu eu unul cu nasul mai marisor si tot iti place Evan, ce are?Nu e blond

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Mai stiu eu unul cu nasul mai marisor si tot iti place Evan, ce are?Nu e blond
    ce rea esti...

Reputatie
    dar..care e prietena lui? el e dragut rau...
    "Daca critica este buna, atunci artistul este multumit..."

Reputatie
    Tanith Belbin

Reputatie
    daaaa?? ce ma bucur...e atat de frumoasa..si e si o patinatoare buna, cam inceata, dar merge...
    "Daca critica este buna, atunci artistul este multumit..."

Reputatie
    Da e draguta...le sta bine impreuna

Reputatie
    Si mie mi se pare ca se potrivesc
    "In muzicã existã ceva care te poate atinge unde nu o poate face nici cel mai profund gând." Sergiu Celibidache

Reputatie
    06/15/2008) - Evan Lysacek is coming off what, by his standards, must be considered a disappointing season, with his lone gold medal coming at the 2008 U.S. Figure Skating Championships and having withdawn from the 2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships.
    So, what's a skater to do when they're in need of a makeover? Pay a visit to arguably the most prolific coach/choreographer of all-time, that's what.

That's what Lysacek, the two-time defending U.S. champion, will do Monday when he leaves for a three-week trip to Moscow to get choreography for his new programs from Tatiana Tarasova, whose recent pupils have included 2006 Olympic gold medalist Shizuka Arakawa, 2006 Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen, two-time Olympic medalist Michelle Kwan and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir.

Living in Los Angeles the last six years, Lysacek feels his skating is in need of a change. The elegant programs Tarasova designs may be just what Lysacek needs at this juncture of his career.

"It's easy in skating to get into a routine, where you do the same type of programs every year," Lysacek said. "I called Tatiana because I wanted to refresh my image and do something different."

Lysacek maintains he's going to continue to work with Lori Nichol, who choreographed both his programs this past season.

"I'm keeping the same team but enhancing it with a new perspective," Lysacek said.

The Lysacek-Tarasova union has been a long time coming. The two have tried to get together the last couple seasons, but their schedules never allowed it.

Now, finally, the coupling of one of the world's most athletic skaters with a coach known for being able to get at her students' emotional core is a reality.

"I have tremendous respect for her, the skaters she's worked with and the programs she's invented," Lysacek said. "Hopefully, I can bring my best to the table, and I know she'll do the same."

Tarasova choreographed Weir's short programs for three straight seasons (2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06), including his fondly remembered "Swan" program, as well his free skates in the latter two seasons.

Lysacek's consulting Tarasova may be a sign that he's trying to tap into his more lyrical side.

"[Tarasova's] unique gift is coming up with great ideas for people, to package them properly as athletes and promote them properly as a skater and an artist," Lysacek said. "It's something I wasn't necessarily ready for the last couple years, but I feel like I'm ready to take on that challenge."

Lysacek doesn't fancy himself much of a classical music buff (When Nichol came to him with Carmen in 2005, he had never heard it before), so he is going to Moscow with a completely clean slate.

"I'm just going to leave it in her hands and let her use me as a marionette doll."
    Sursa: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Asta da veste..cate schimbari de antrenori in ultima vreme
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    Wow..Evan cu Tarasova..?! now..that`s interesting
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]There's no point in being grown up if u can't be childish sometimes.[/FONT]

Reputatie
    Evan Lysacek expands his horizons
    Brings fresh approach -- and Tarasova choreography -- to Skate America

(10/22/2008) - Evan Lysacek is taking a step forward by giving back.

The two-time U.S. champion, who makes his season debut at Skate America, has been working on more than his triple Axels and quad toe loops.

"Charity work is something I'm very passionate about," the 23-year-old skater said.

In addition to hosting and producing his own show, An Evening of Hope in suburban Chicago last month, he's lending his name and services to other causes he believes in. It's all part of a plan to take advantage of his time in the spotlight to help others.

Expanding his horizon, he believes, will also help him on the ice, especially as he tackles Tatiana Tarasova's choreography in two new competitive routines -- a short program set to Ravel's "Bolero" and a free skate to Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue."

"I love being a skater, and I feel very lucky," the two-time world bronze medalist said. "Being injured last season and having to miss worlds has made me appreciate it more. I have to make the most of this time."

In March, just six days before he was scheduled to leave for the 2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Gothenburg, Sweden, a broken skate blade led to a nasty fall on a triple Axel in practice. The resulting dislocated left shoulder canceled his trip, but the accident left him with a resolve to try new things.

Principal among them: traveling to Moscow to work with Tarasova, who gave him both a new on-ice look and outlook.

"Tatiana reinvented my skating and reinvented my style," Lysacek told icenetwork.com this summer. "She did exactly what I asked her to do."

ICE: You'll debut two new programs at Skate America. How are they going?

LYSACEK: Training is going great. I feel lucky and blessed to step on the ice every day and do something I love. I'm more excited for this season than I've been in a long time. I'm skating because I love this sport! The offseason was very productive. Working with Tatiana Tarasova this season is going really well. She and I are proud of the programs that we worked very hard on. They're both very different for me. I hope people can appreciate the changes I've made.

ICE: You've also been very busy off ice, planning your own show in memory of your friend Stephanie Joseph, who died of cancer at age 21.
    LYSACEK: My charity show in September was a huge success. We had more than 1,500 people at the show. Charity work is something that I'm very passionate about, and to be able to help the Make-a-Wish Foundation, an organization I have worked with for six years and believe in a tremendous amount, and the Stephanie Joseph Memorial Fund as much as we did gives me chills. Of course, I had tons of help and support from some incredible skaters and very generous sponsors.

ICE: What else have you been doing in the offseason?
    LYSACEK: I have also joined Friends of Ronald McDonald House Charities. This is a group of celebrities raising awareness for RMHC. It is a huge honor to work with this organization. One big event that's coming up is World Children's Day on Nov. 20. Everyone can participate by visiting their local McDonald's and donating one dollar for the helping hand program, or by visiting www.rmhc.org to support RMHC and/or World Children's Day.

I am also still working with, and on the board of, an amazing charity organization that is tied into skating, Figure Skating in Harlem. I have gotten to know most of the girls in the program over the last three years, and I am blown away by what outstanding people they all are. They all maintain a B average or higher in school. They're learning a very difficult sport, figure skating, as individuals and as a [synchro] team. So many of them have huge goals in life, and I know they will achieve them with the strong values that they are taught through FSIH. We have a huge gala event at the Wollman Rink in Central Park in the spring, and the last event was the biggest ever in attendance and profits.

ICE: The Olympics are just 18 months away, and two top male skaters -- reigning world champion Jeffrey Buttle and two-time world champion Stéphane Lambiel -- have just retired. What do you make of it?
    LYSACEK: I am good friends with both Jeff and Stéphane, and I think they are both very happy with their decisions. As a friend, all I want for them is to be happy. They have both left a very impressive legacy in skating. They are two of my favorite skaters to watch, and I will continue to admire and respect them.
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]