Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

Reputatie
    http://www.virtue-moir.com/images/medals.jpg
    Scott Moir
    Date of Birth: September 2, 1987; Place of Birth: London Ontario Canada; Residence: Ilderton Ontario; Profession: student; Club: Ilderton Skating Club; Begin Skating at Age: 4; He currently lives and trains in Canton, Michigan, USA
    Tessa Virtue
    Date of Birth: May 17, 1989; Place of Birth: London Ontario Canada; Residence: London Ontario; Profession: student; Club: Ilderton Skating Club; Began Skating at Age: 6; She currently lives and trains in Canton, Michigan, USA

Coach: Igor Shpilband, Marina Zueva
    Choreographer: Igor Shpilband, Susie McGrigor
    Former Coaches: Carol Moir, Paul MacIntosh, Susanne Killing
    Training RInk : Arctic Edge Ice Arena, Canton, MI
    Skating Together Since: October 1997

Virtue and Moir began skating together in 1997, when, respectively, they were 7 and 9 years of age. They are the 2008 Canadian national champions, Four Continents Champions, and 2006 World Junior Champions. Tessa and Scott have won the silver medal at the 2008 World Championships! Earning the highest score in the free dance, Tessa and Scott have finished the competition with a total score of 208.80. Congratulations!
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 31st March 2008 at 18:40.

Reputatie
    Buna initiativa Flavia de a face thread cu ei. Sunt iubiti pe aici, sunt buni, promitatori si frumosi!

Reputatie
    Tessa si Scott, "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg" FD Worlds 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOAAeXMjQhI

Les Parapluies de Cherbourg, (1964) a fost un musical de succes cu Catherine Deneuve, o poveste de dragoste emotionanta; Muzica - Michel Legrand; a castigat Palme D'or si 5 nominalizari la Oscar; atunci erau la moda musicalurile (Sound of music, Mary Poppins)

Cineva pe forum a criticat costumatia prea simpla a patinatorilor. Cred ca Tessa si Scott au luat ca model filmul si imbracamintea din anii '60.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 31st March 2008 at 20:14.
    "Cand simt nevoia de maretie, la Yagudin ma intorc."

Reputatie
    Eu cred ca tocmai asta i-a scos in evidenta, pe langa program. Au fost simpli, dar frumosi
    "In muzică există ceva care te poate atinge unde nu o poate face nici cel mai profund gând." Sergiu Celibidache

Reputatie
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    Un interviu de dupa mondiale:

T essa Virtue was describing how she felt after she and ice dancing partner Scott Moir won the world championship silver medal.

"I don't know if I'll ever feel like that again," she said.

Moir leaned back and whispered, "Just wait."

We can hardly wait.

The skating darlings thrilled Canadians by capturing the silver at the ripe old ages of 18 and 20. Virtue turns 19 next month.

There was a time when ice dancers didn't reach prime, or weren't allowed to win, until they were much older.

With changes to the way the sport is scored, the best performances are rewarded. Virtue and Moir have had many best performances.

Virtue from London and Moir from Ilderton were home yesterday. They were doing promotions with the Bank of Montreal, a major skating sponsor.

They'll do three performances of Stars on Ice -- Hamilton, London and Toronto -- and at Carnival 2008 at Ilderton in a Viva Las Vegas show on Saturday and Sunday.

Then it's off a few weeks.

"We're going to find some sun," Moir said. "We have to make sure out body recovers and get ready for next year. So pumped up before you go, and training is not easy, but you know what you are skating for, it's very motivating, the world championship and then you come home and get off the ice and you're tired and it's tough to get it going. But we're breaking through that."

It's been a dream year. Virtue and Moir won the silver on the heels of a first-place finish at the Four Continents competition after they had won the Canadian title.

"We didn't know what we were going to get results-wise or what was going to be given to us," Moir said. "But we knew what was there and we just wanted to go there and skate the best we could."

"We definitely knew we had a shot at the podium and that was in the back of our minds the whole time," Virtue said. "We've been training for a while and we were so prepared and our confidence was high."

They've come of age in the world of ice dancing.

These are no longer the youngsters who would nervously meet the media after they competed. They now exude the kind of confidence that world champions are made of . . . a quiet confidence off the ice when talking about their accomplishments, goals and dreams, and an assuredness in their skating that leaves little question about future successes.

They found overnight success, as the saying goes, after 11-years of hard work.

They've got it together. Skill, personality, they are accommodating with the kind of niceness you don't often see among the world's top performers.

They are also mentally tough. They know what they want to accomplish and won't allow anything around them to deter them from that goal. It's that ice-water pumping through their veins that allows them to compete with the success they do.

"We just skated for ourselves," Virtue said. "Once you get into the skating, you tune out everything. It comes with experience. It helps that we're recognized as one of the top teams, it's not only a confidence thing but motivating. We want to work even harder."

Virtue and Moir continue to be referred to as kids in large part because of what they have accomplished so quickly. But they've grown far beyond that. They are shaking the walls which have enclosed the ice dancing world.

"We want to accomplish our goals when we are young and then move on to other things," Moir said. "We don't want to skate to anyone else's timetable. We know what goals we have. No one's going to tell us we have to wait around for what we want."

There's no big secret to those goals. They are staring at them. Moir and Virtue aren't afraid to talk about them. There's the world championships and the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

"We talk about our goals all the time. We talked about our daily, weekly goals, long term goals. You have to do that," Virtue said.

Talking about where they are heading helps them.

"It's great to draw on when you have a tough day," Moir said.

As is our wont as a nation, come the Olympic year, the pressure on Moir and Virtue will be enormous. That's the way it is for Canadian athletes since we have so few of them that have a chance of gold and even fewer of them who respond to the pressure.

Moir and Virtue have the kind of temperament where pressure becomes a force they refuse to give into.

"This is the one line we always say," Moir said. "The expectations that everybody else has for us, is nowhere close to the expectations we have of ourselves. I think we have great opportunity the next three years and we're going to do everything we can to be on that podium. We'll see what happens. But we're going to have a lot of fun the next couple of years of our lives."

Reputatie
    Sunt ambitiosi, hotarati. Sper sa reuseasca ceea ce-si propun
    "In muzică există ceva care te poate atinge unde nu o poate face nici cel mai profund gând." Sergiu Celibidache

Reputatie
    florik mersi mult pt toate interviurile!!!
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    Ati vazut programul prezentat de Tessa si Scott la Gala noastra virtuala? Programul e din 2005, ei aveau 15 respectiv 17 ani si sunt deliciosi.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by irinaidu View Post
    florik mersi mult pt toate interviurile!!!
    cu mare placere....Ps.numele meu este Florina

Reputatie
    ma gandeam eu ca trebuie sa fie ceva pe acolo . atunci mersi florina!!!
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    Sunt foarte dragute pozele Mersi mikeyy. Nu stiu daca sunt sau nu, dar ar fi un cuplu chiar potrivit

Reputatie
    niste draguti. sper sa aiba un program la fel de frumos ca cel de anul trecut.

Reputatie
    Multam Mihai! Superbe poze
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    wow...eu ca de obicei, nu stiam de threadul asta
    super pozele...mie imi place mult de ei...

nu stiu ce are ca nu pot sa accesez linkurile de pe site`ul lor oficial :| poate merge doar cu IE
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    uite aici un montaj cu ei pe care l-a facut o eli de pe bjdg.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qu6kTu1XI4

Reputatie
    mersi imi place
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    Imi place montajul. Iar Tessa si Scot imi plac din ce in ce mai mult. Sunt f. f. expresivi; sunt diferiti de ceilalti dansatori. Indiferent de tehnica lor vor smulge multe puncte de la arbitri pe chestia asta.

Reputatie
    Virtue, Moir withdraw from Skate Canada
    Canada's top pair will miss first Grand Prix assignment

Very few people, apparently. And those that did must be very good at keeping big news under their hats.

That's why it came as such a surprise when Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, Canada's world ice dance silver medalists, announced their withdrawal from next week's HomeSense Skate Canada International.

It seems Virtue has not been on the ice since she underwent surgery in mid-September to repair painful injuries in her shins. After suffering with the condition called chronic exertional compartment syndrome for almost a year, she could no longer avoid seeking permanent relief from the pain which had intensified over the summer. "I'm so pleased and so happy that it was something that was fixable. The surgery should be great and I should be back on the ice in no time, so I'm lucky in that sense," Virtue said in a telephone interview with icenetwork.com.

"It should be all fixed now. They just cut right through the fascia all the way down my leg around the muscles. Now my muscles should be able to expand and I should be able to build myself up and get going again," she added, noting that today was her first physiotherapy session.

The surgery came right after the couple had created such a buzz at the Canadian team's high performance camp in Vancouver with their new free dance set to music by English rock band Pink Floyd. What wasn't reported at the time, however, was that Virtue and Moir were capable of performing the routine only in short sections rather than running through the entire routine at once, because of Virtue's painful condition.

The couple's coach Marina Zoueva said they had originally hoped Virtue could have recovered in time to compete at the Grand Prix event in Ottawa. In the end, they decided it was best not to rush her return to the ice, Zoueva said, citing Russian ice dancer Maxim Shabalin's over-anxiousness to return to the ice last season which ultimately forced him and partner Oksana Domnina out of the World Championships.

Moir has continued to train on his own, Zoueva reported, saying that they still hope to be able to compete at the last event in the Grand Prix series -- NHK Trophy in Tokyo. Virtue isn't making any promises before she has a chance to evaluate how quickly she recovers.

"If we're in top shape by then [end of November] and we feel we can compete, then we'll do our best to be there [in Tokyo]. It's too bad we had to miss Skate Canada. We're both really disappointed, but it comes with the territory of being an athlete, and we both have to stay positive. NHK is in the back of our minds, but I don't want to rush it. I want to make sure I'm completely healed, but it's definitely something I'll be pushing for."

Virtue's injury is believed to have been caused by new skate boots she got about a year ago. She has since changed boots, but the damage was done.

"It got to the point that I couldn't do nearly as much skating as I wanted to. I know I wouldn't have been able to complete the season without the surgery so better this year than next year and the timing of it is something I'll have to deal with," Virtue said.

Zoueva will still make the trip to Skate Canada as coach to U.S. contenders Meryl Davis and Charlie White and part-time coach of Ryan Bradley. Virtue has not yet decided if she will make the relatively short trip to Ottawa from her home in London.
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie
    cand se spune ca eurosport transmite competitia, ai mei favoriti se retrag
    sper sa se faca bine