Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

Reputatie
    ce pacat!
    "Cand simt nevoia de maretie, la Yagudin ma intorc."

Reputatie
    eu deja sunt isterica. mai e cineva care patineaza anul asta???? ce naiba se intampla???
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    Ice dancer Tessa Virtue recovering from leg surgery
    Virtue withdraws from Skate Canada

Ice dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of the Arctic Figure Skating Club in Canton showed their determination in March when they won the silver medal at the World Figure Skating Championships in just their second season as a senior team.

For the next few weeks, though, the reigning Canadian champs will have to embrace another trait: patience.

Virtue, 19, is home in London, Ontario, recovering from surgery to repair a painful condition in her shins called chronic external compartment syndrome. The team has withdrawn from Skate Canada -- next week's second ISU Grand Prix event of the season -- and Moir said Friday that it's possible the team will cancel its trip next month to Japan for the NHK Trophy if Virtue isn't fully recovered.

"January is our main focus right now," he said.

Virtue said her condition was the result of overtraining. She said she tried to skate through the pain, but it only worsened.

"My shins bothered me a lot last year, but in the summer it intensified," Virtue said by phone from London, where she began physiotherapy Wednesday. "Lucky for me, I have something that's fixable. I need to take time and make sure I'm healthy. I'm really positive about it -- better this year then next year."

Although Virtue underwent surgery several weeks ago, the skaters kept mum until they were comfortable talking about it and were certain that Virtue would make a full recovery, Moir said.

Virtue and Moir, along with U.S. silver medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White, are the top-two ice-dance teams in Canton since the departure last spring of 2006 Olympic silver medalists Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto to Pennsylvania.

Virtue and Moir hope to be ready to defend their title at their national championships Jan. 13-18 in Saskatoon. The team, which has been training with coaches Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva since 2004, is expected to contend for an Olympic medal at the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia.

The Grand Prix season began Friday at Skate America in Everett, Wash. Several local skaters will compete next week at Skate Canada in Ottawa, including ice dancers Davis and White, and Jennifer Wester and Daniil Barantsev of the Detroit SC, and ladies singles skater Alissa Czisny of the Detroit SC.

http://www.freep.com/article/2008102...69/1048/sports
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie
    of, of, le doresc multa sanatate.
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    Virtue, Moir to make comeback next week
    Canadian ice dancers will return at Canadian championships

http://web.icenetwork.com/images/200...8/2OBGApsf.jpg
    (01/08/2009) - Blessings-in-disguise. A pierced navel. Pink Floyd. And sand bags.

Those were just four of the topics in an eclectic mix of subjects that Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir chatted about Thursday as they contemplated their comeback at the 2009 BMO Canadian Figure Skating Championships next week in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

Canada's world ice dancing silver medalists were forced to pull out of Grand Prix Series this past fall after Virtue underwent surgery in early October to repair painful injuries in both shins. The condition, called chronic exertional compartment syndrome, had been hampering her training for almost a year. When the pain intensified over the summer, Virtue knew she had no choice but to seek relief. The surgery involved cutting the overly tight sheath around the muscles to allow them to expand normally when she skates.

"Obviously, our fall wasn't how we planned it to go. We hit a couple of little speed bumps here, but now I think we're just excited to get to nationals and be back training again. Everything seems to be going really well, so we're just pumped for next week," said the 21-year-old Moir.

Virtue, 19, conceded she will likely have more butterflies than usual when they step on the ice in Saskatoon, because they have not been able to put the usual mileage on their programs.

"Coming back from an injury like this, it's natural to be apprehensive and a little bit nervous, but it's really comforting to know [Scott] will be by my side," Virtue said, noting that she is close to 100 percent recovered.

Despite the setback and the challenge of making their season debut in January, the young couple has not altered its expectations for the big events still to come.

"Onward and upward" is how Moir put it, confirming their intention to be in the fight for the world title in March in Los Angeles.

While Virtue attended to her recovery through physiotherapy, Moir continued to train on his own through October and November. In early December, Virtue returned to the ice for short periods of time, gradually increasing the length of their training sessions to about an hour and a half each day. That is still only about half the hours the couple would usually log.

Reflecting on the time he spent on the ice alone and the hours Virtue put into her recovery off-ice, Moir said, "There was no lack of motivation for either of us. The clock is ticking [to the 2010 Olympics]. Vancouver is always in the back of our minds, so it was a little bit of a different start to the season.

"But it was a blessing in disguise at the same time, because sometimes you forget how much you appreciate your skating partner or how much fun it is to ice dance with somebody until it's not there for a little while. We're definitely rejuvenated and really excited."

Virtue added with a chuckle, "You should all see Scott do our programs by himself, because it's fabulous ... For me, it was tough [getting back to training] just knowing how much further I needed to go, not only because I needed to get back to the level I was, but because Scott had improved so much because he was working so hard. So, I really had to ramp it up."

Moir revealed that his coaches, Marina Zoueva and Igor Shpilband, were very creative in helping him simulate having a partner in his arms while he was training.

"A lot of my [strength] training was done off-ice as well, because I was not lifting Tessa every day. So, I was substituting for that with various items on the ice and off. It was quite interesting," he chuckled, noting a sand bag and core-strengthening balls filled in for Virtue on various occasions.

Virtue and Moir's free dance is set to music by the famous English rock band, Pink Floyd. French world champions Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder, coincidentally, made the same musical choice.

"We seem to be interpreting it very differently, so I think it will add some excitement," Virtue said, looking ahead to the couples' expected meeting at the 2009 World Championships in March.

"It was kind of mixed emotions," said Moir about the prospect of dueling Pink Floyd programs. "Obviously, you don't want to skate to the same music as anyone else. It was kind of interesting when both teams went in such different direction and ended up at the same music, which is very uncommon."

Virtue and Moir's season debut will take place in the building where they made their Canadian championships debut in 2003. That year, the youngsters (then just 13 and 15 years old) finished seventh in the junior ice dancing event.

Getting her belly button pierced is one of the things Virtue recalls most about that week six years ago.

"I'm just trying to think of something else crazy I can do in Saskatoon," she said, laughing.

It is unlikely any other Canadian couple will come close to challenging Virtue and Moir for the national title. With Canada having only two berths for ice dancers at the 2009 Worlds, Vanessa Crone and Paul Poirier and Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje will likely be the ones battling for the second ticket to Los Angeles.
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie
    Ce dragut e Scott:
    "But it was a blessing in disguise at the same time, because sometimes you forget how much you appreciate your skating partner or how much fun it is to ice dance with somebody until it's not there for a little while."

Daca Delobel/Schonfelder se refac pana la mondiale, o sa fie interesant ca si Virtue/Moir sa danseze pe aceeasi muzica a lui Pink Floyd. Deocamdata depinde si de cum vor decurge Camp. Nat . ale Canadei. Sa fie sanatosi!
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 9th January 2009 at 00:33.
    "Cand simt nevoia de maretie, la Yagudin ma intorc."

Reputatie
    Important e sa fie sanatosi. Imi plac si sper sa reuseasca sa revina si sa se lupte pentru tiltul mondial. Oricum cel mai important concurs va fi Olimpiada de la anul de la ei de acasa.

Mai sunt vreo 2 luni pana la Mondiale...sper sa le ajunga timpul ramas!

Nu cred ca vor fi probleme la Nationale. Presupunand prin absurd ca vor iesi pe 3, este clar ca tot ei au prioritate pt mondiale, nici nu se pune problema
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    eu le doresc sa se insanatoseasca si sa ne arate un program superb. tessa si scott si cealalta pereche Vanessa Crone si Paul Poirier imi sunt tare dragi.

Reputatie
    Yeee! In sfarsit o veste buna printre atatea retrageri!!
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]There's no point in being grown up if u can't be childish sometimes.[/FONT]

Reputatie
    eu cu ei voi tine de acum incolo la dans
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/...090205-306.jpg

Canada's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir put themselves in position for a second straight Four Continents ice dancing title with a stellar original dance Thursday in Vancouver.

Virtue, from London, Ont., and Moir, from Ilderton, Ont., scored 60.90 points with their Charleston routine, giving them a total of 97.30 points heading into Friday's free dance final.

"I think we're pleased. We're very happy," Moir said.

American champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White, who train together with Virtue and Moir in Canton, Mich., scored 60.42 to remain in second with a score of 95.65, and Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates of the U.S. are third, with 59.48 points for a total of 90.89.

Vanessa Crone of Aurora, Ont., and Paul Poirier of Unionville, Ont., are fourth, scoring 56.36 points with their Ragtime performance for 88.79 points. Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje of Waterloo, Ont., sit fifth, earning a season's best 53.33 points for a total of 83.95.

Virtue and Moir, who successfully defended their Canadian championship last month in Saskatoon, are making their season debut against international competition just six weeks before next month's world championships in Los Angeles.

They skipped the Grand Prix season in the fall and early winter because Virtue was recovering from surgery to relieve pain in her shins brought on by chronic exertional compartment syndrome, a condition that stems from overtraining.

The 19-year-old is still not fully recovered, and planned to spend Thursday evening icing and receiving acupuncture.

"It's definitely not the same pain I felt before the surgery, it's just the after-effects," Virtue said. "I'm putting a lot of pressure on them now but it's exciting that soon I'll be skating without that pain, It's not that bad.

"Sometimes, footwork is tough because of the deep edges and knee bends, but we're trained so it was more just fun to be out there and adrenalin really helps so I didn't really even notice."

Virtue and Moir won the Four Continents last year in South Korea, then went on to take silver at the world championships in Sweden.

Sursa: cbc.ca
    Acum cateva poze de la 4CC:

http://www.fourcontinents2009.com/po...y/fd/fd_06.jpghttp://www.fourcontinents2009.com/po...y/od/od_08.jpg
    http://www.fourcontinents2009.com/po...y/cd/cd_08.jpg
    Last edited by mikeyy; 7th February 2009 at 12:41.
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    multumim

a 2`a e super

mie nu`mi place rochia asta e tessei e gen caro
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    cand ii vad, mereu imi aduc aminte de perechea din 'the cutting edge 2'....nu m-a impresionat filmul, dar mi-a placut iarasi, viata background a patinatorilor
    bineinteles Tessa si Scott patineaza mai bine decat cei din film
    Adevaratul erou nu este perfect. Adevaratul test al unui campion nu este daca poate triumfa, ci daca poate trece obstacolele - preferabil cele create chiar de el - pentru a triumfa...

Reputatie
    aveti aici cateva poze f frumoase...
    http://relish.myraklarman.com/ice-dancing-champs
    Adevaratul erou nu este perfect. Adevaratul test al unui campion nu este daca poate triumfa, ci daca poate trece obstacolele - preferabil cele create chiar de el - pentru a triumfa...

Reputatie
    si tessa e frumoasa dar scott e si frumusel si cu aer de smecheras, a total hottie.

Reputatie
    ce sa mai zici....au stofa de campioni nu? ei cred ca da

Reputatie
    Virtue, Moir say winning worlds is "a great possibility"
    Canada's reigning world silver medalists are excited heading to L.A.

(03/18/2009) - Ice dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir head to next week's world championships in Los Angeles with top-dog status, following the withdrawal of the defending world champions, France's Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder. Canada's reigning world silver medalists, however, said they don't feel like they have a target on their backs.

Virtue, who is still recovering from the surgery she underwent on her legs early last fall, noted, "It's tough to say where we rank [globally], and being out with an injury is a tough thing. Coming back, you're never sure where you might fit in."

Moir said, "I don't know if I feel like we're the team to beat. There's a lot of good teams at the top of the world. I think it's going to be a great competition next week."

He added, "We kind of have to keep tunnel vision and worry about our skating and looking to go and skate our best and, hopefully, get some great results."

Despite their abbreviated season, Moir said that ending up on top of the podium at the Staples Center is still "a great possibility."

"We're actually sad the Pink Floyds didn't go head-to-head this year," Moir noted, referring to the fact that Delobel and Schoenfelder had also chosen the unorthodox music selection for their free dance. "It's always fun to go to a competition and know everyone is at their best. It seems that hasn't been the case for a couple of top teams this year, but obviously we wish her [Delobel] a speedy recovery and look forward to competing against them next year."

Virtue and Moir missed the 2008 Grand Prix Series after she sought relief from the debilitating pain in her legs early in the fall. When they returned to competition in January, they easily defended their Canadian title and then claimed silver at the ISU Four Continents Championships, just behind their Michigan training mates, Meryl Davis and Charlie White.

Virtue reported, "My shins are feeling much better. We've been training really well. Things are feeling really strong, and we've definitely made leaps and bounds and huge improvements since Four Continents."

Virtue said she has learned a lot about pain management through her ongoing recovery. Pain-wise, she said, her down days are not nearly as bad as they were previously, and the ups are even better.

"This has certainly been our toughest season so far. It's so cliché to say it makes us stronger, but it's really true. We've learned so much about each other, about our partnership, that this [competition] will mean a lot. Both competitions we've competed in so far have been huge milestones. Just to get through those knowing we can do it with such little training and under the circumstances, I think it sets us up really well for anything else that might come our way," Virtue suggested.

Moir said that the training time since Four Continents has allowed them to gain more power and strength in their programs.

"I think that we're starting to skate the programs and skate a lot more like you've come to know Tessa and Scott skate -- really loving every moment," he said.

Moir described these world championships preceding the 2010 Olympic Games as "huge."

"Worlds at any time is huge, and this will be only our third world championship, so it's very exciting for us to be competing with the best skaters in the world... . I think it really sets the stage for next season, so we're going to be going to L.A. and be ready for three strong performances."

Virtue said there will be "a little more pressure and extra butterflies" competing at these pre-Olympic worlds, but she believes it will be a good experience for them to learn how to deal with such an intense competitive environment.

"We're coming in aggressively and optimistic about the results of how things might go, and we're definitely just going to attack everything," she said.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Reputatie
    e de mai mult dar mi-au placut mult pozele
    http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/2...OBER/INDEX.PHP

Reputatie
    eu nu stiam articolul, sau daca l-am stiut l-am uitat. tare mult imi plac !!!

Reputatie
    http://relish.myraklarman.com/ice-dancing-champs poze cu cei doi sper ca nu a mai fost postat
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]There's no point in being grown up if u can't be childish sometimes.[/FONT]