Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikolai Morozov

Reputatie

Nikolai Morozov

http://www.skatetoday.com/articles04...os/MOROZOV.jpg

Nikolai Morozov (born December 17, 1975) is a former competitive ice dancer, who works now as a coach and a choreographer.

Competitive years

Morozov originally competed with Olga Pershankova for Azerbaijan. They placed 21st at the 1994 World Figure Skating Championships. Morozov then teamed up with Tatiana Navka, his first wife.[citation needed] They competed for Belarus[1] at the World Figure Skating Championships and the 1998 Winter Olympics, where they placed sixteenth.[2] Navka and Morozov were coached by Alexander Zhulin.[3] When the two split up, Morozov tried skating with another woman for three months, but retired soon after.[4]

Competitive highlights

1994:

(with Olga Pershankova for Azerbaijan)
    European Championships: 21st
    World Championships: 21st

1997:

(with Tatiana Navka for Belarus)
    European Championships: 12th
    World Championships: 14th

1998:
    European Championships: 10th
    World Championships: 10th
    Olympics: 16th

Coaching

After retirement, he became a coaching assistant for Tatiana Tarasova. In 2003, they had a falling out after she discovered that he choreographed Michelle Kwan's program.[citation needed] At the time, Tarasova was coaching Sasha Cohen, Kwan's rival.

After splitting with Tarasova he became a sought after choreographer. His clients include Michelle Kwan, Takeshi Honda and Brian Joubert. He also coached Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz to Canada's first Worlds gold medal in ice dancing. He also coached the dance team Elena Grushina and Ruslan Goncharov to an Olympic Bronze medal and Shizuka Arakawa to an Olympic Gold Medal in 2006. He is currently coaching Daisuke Takahashi, Miki Ando, Adam Rippon and many ice dancing teams.

Relationships

He married Tatiana Navka in the early 90s,so Navka could obtain Belarus citizenship. Navka divorced Morozov after he retired from figure skating. Afterwards, Morozov married Caroline Douarin, a French ice-dancer. Morozov and Douarin had a child in 2001, Annabelle Nicole Morozov. On August 12th of 2005 Morozov married Shae-Lynn Bourne. Morozov and Bourne divorced in July of 2007. He welcomed another child in the fall of 2007 with his former student Elena Grushina and is currently engaged to Galit Chait.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Morozov Tops Worlds Choreographers

Nikolai Morozov
    December 19, 2004
    Article and Photo © Barry Mittan

When it comes to figure skating choreography, Nikolai Morozov, who coaches in Newington, CT, is the man of the hour. He first came to the world's notice through his work with Tatiana Tarasova and Alexei Yagudin on Yagudin's famed 2002 Olympic short program, Winter. More successes quickly followed as he guided Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz to their only World ice dancing championship in 2003, while choreographing the programs for many of the sports leading ladies. Then he choreographed the Matrix free skate for Brian Joubert, who became the first Frenchman to win Europeans in decades in 2004. By the 2004 Worlds, he had choreographed the programs for all of the ladies who reached the podium in Dortmund including Shizuka Arakawa, Sasha Cohen, and Michelle Kwan.

Morozov began skating when he was five. His parents started him in the sport after doctors told them he needed more exercise. "Skating was very po****r so they thought it would be a good sport for me," he said. He was a good singles skater but switched to dance at 16. "I was working with the same coach as Ilia Kulik. Kulik was much better than me so I stopped. Then a dance coach called me and I trained alone for several months before going to Switzerland to work with Natalia Linichuk for a year." He was paired with Olga Pershankova, with whom he skated for several years.

In 1996, Morozov began skating with Tatiana Navka. At their first Worlds together, Navka and Morozov finished 14th in 1997 even though he was hampered by a torn meniscus in his knee that occurred during their first practice in Lausanne. "When we came home, they told me I would need surgery," he said, "and I fell right on the floor." But he recovered after a month of intensive rehabilitation and the couple won an Olympic berth by taking the gold at the Karl Schäfer Memorial in Vienna. They went on to finish third at the 1997 Cup of Russia, tenth in the 1998 European Championships, 16th at the 1998 Olympics, and tenth at 1998 Worlds.

"When Tatiana decided to change partners, I found one Russian girl to skate with, but after skating for three months, I decided it wasn't worth years of my life to get back to the top ten," Morozov stated. "I had already been to the Olympics and the Worlds. But I didn't know what I was going to do. I never planned to be a coach. It just happened."

"After I finished skating, I went to Tatiana Tarasova with a big bouquet of flowers to thank her for all of the help she had given to me," he recalled. "And she told me she had a proposal for me. She asked me to help her with Alexei (Yagudin). I mainly helped him with his choreography but we were also best friends. Soon I was working with all the skaters in Tarasova's group. There was no separation of who does what. We worked as a team. I learned everything that I know as a coach from Tatiana. She knows more than I will know when I'm 60."

"The first program that I choreographed by myself was for Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder in 2001," Morozov said. "I also worked with Tatiana on the Italian's (Barbara Fusar-Poli and Maurizio Margaglio) Lord of the Dance. Last season, I did the choreography for more than 50 skaters in all of the disciplines."

"To do it, you have to look at the skaters skate and see how they move on the ice to tell what is best for them," Morozov explained. "The choreography for the dancers is the most difficult because of all the changes in the rules. You have to be careful of the line and what will look good. There are not many programs with interesting stories. I always try to tell a story. It can actually help the skaters because they know what they are doing. Most of the programs are done in the spring. You have to change a lot to make them higher level as the season goes on, especially with the Code of Points."

Although he is most famous for his choreography, the 28-year-old also has a full stable of skaters for whom he is the primary coach. That includes instruction in both dance techniques and jumps up through the quad. "Now I am working with five dance teams plus Kevin van der Perren in men's," he said. "I'm also coaching Shae-Lynn (Bourne) for her singles career. I work on the ice from eight to six, every day but Sunday."

One huge advantage for Morozov is his ability to demonstrate any move on the ice, including both the lady's and the man's positions in ice dancing. That allows him to work with each partner as the other watches to demonstrate the correct positions. Van der Perren said, "Nikolai is a better skater than most of the skaters he works with. He can easily demonstrate very difficult footwork. That makes it easy to train with him."

To relax, Morozov likes to listen to music, especially modern dance music. He likes to play golf and soccer with other skaters and also enjoys fishing and skiing. He also enjoys spending time with his daughter, Annabelle. Morozov doesn't take many vacations. "When we take a week off, we have to work too hard the next week," he said.
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie
    Stai putin. Cum adica un alt copil cu Grushina ? Grushina e casatorita cu Goncharev din 1995!

Reputatie
    Cum le-a antrenat, cum le-a si luat de nevasta.

Se pare ca Grushina si Goncharov au divortat.
    "Cand simt nevoia de maretie, la Yagudin ma intorc."

Reputatie
    zau ? asta nu stiam. pacat. de ce ? le statea atat de bine impreuna.

Reputatie
    Si eu stiam ca s-au despartit Grushina si Goncharov. Dar ca s-au impacat apoi...
    Puiule de om, tu când visezi
    Lumea ne-o rearanjezi
    Stârnești, de vrei, păsări de foc și zmei
    Și zâmbetul tău, curat și el
    Are paradis în el.

Reputatie
    oricum, vad ca mare crai morozov asta. oricum, nu cred ca poate efectua toate sariturile. daca ar putea, ar mai concura.

Reputatie
    nu stiu de ce dar morozov mi se pare f creepy
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet4 View Post
    oricum, vad ca mare crai morozov asta. oricum, nu cred ca poate efectua toate sariturile. daca ar putea, ar mai concura.
    Pai oricum concura la dans...

Irina, nici mie nu-mi place. Nu stiu de ce, dar imi e tare antipatic.
    Lumea ne-o rearanjezi
    Are paradis în el.

Reputatie
    Nici mie nu-mi prea place. O fi bun ca antrenor dar mi se pare ca nu comunica foarte bine cu elevii lui. Pare rigid si nu cred ca l-am vazut zambind mai deloc de cate ori l-am vazut.
    "In muzică există ceva care te poate atinge unde nu o poate face nici cel mai profund gând." Sergiu Celibidache

Reputatie
    stiu ca era la dans, dar kevin van der perren spunea ca el e mai bun decat elevii lui. el (kevin) e la individual si face triple la greu. imi vine greu sa cred ca morozov (la kilogramele lui) poate sa arate pozitia fetei intr-o ridicare. ia sa stea el cu patinele pe picioarele unui elev, ca jana kochlova la proba de liber.

Reputatie
    daca vad un program bun, mai ales la dans, la mantinela sta Morozov, si eu ma bucur mult
    cred ca e foarte creativ tipul, recunoaste carui patinator ce stil e mai apropiat si concepe povesti...nu cred ca se amesteca el la partea tehnica, el e coreograf, oricum patinatorii stiu deja elementele de baza
    Adevaratul erou nu este perfect. Adevaratul test al unui campion nu este daca poate triumfa, ci daca poate trece obstacolele - preferabil cele create chiar de el - pentru a triumfa...

Reputatie
    eu am o parere lejer diferita. morozov e cu siguranta o putere in patinaj, dar mie mi se pare ca il vad mereu pe morozov impunandu-si stilul in fata stilului patinatorului.
    cat despre partea tehnica, uite chiar nu stiu. as fi curioasa sa aflu, cat se impica el in partea tehnica.
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/nikolai-morozov/
    poate asta ne lamureste putin....deci Morozov, nici nu poate enumera toti studentii lui, dar e pe gheata, nu sare dar totusi arata elementele tehnice, si dupa cum spune incearca sa cunoasca pe elevii sai (bine nu zice foarte convingator, dar totusi)
    eu de-abia acum am citit viata lui....sunt putin socata. bine, se vede pe el ca e facut din barbat, si la cate femei frumoase cunoaste....e de inteles, dar chestia cu copii mi se pare cam anormal, adica divortezi da, dar lasi asa in urma doi copii, si-ti continui viata ta de 'gigolo' e prea mult
    cu toate astea mi se pare ca munceste extrem de mult, pentru salarul sau exorbitant, trebuie sa si faca, si chiar se streseaza pt elevii lui, zicea ca odata aproape ca s-a imbolnavit pt ca fuma atat in timpul competitiilor, stresat fiind, dar cica s-a lasat

si inca ceva,
    On August 23, 2008, Chait married former Italian military policeman Francesco Moracci in New Jersey. The two met at the 2006 Olympic Games in Torino, Italy, where Moracci was a member of the security detail assigned to protect the Israeli team.[2
    Last edited by emiii03; 27th March 2009 at 21:38.
    Adevaratul erou nu este perfect. Adevaratul test al unui campion nu este daca poate triumfa, ci daca poate trece obstacolele - preferabil cele create chiar de el - pentru a triumfa...

Reputatie
    eu am o parere lejer diferita. morozov e cu siguranta o putere in patinaj, dar mie mi se pare ca il vad mereu pe morozov impunandu-si stilul in fata stilului patinatorului.
    cat despre partea tehnica, uite chiar nu stiu. as fi curioasa sa aflu, cat se impica el in partea tehnica.
    Pai pe Daisuke el l-a convins sa patineze "Swan Lake" dar sunt bucuroasa ca a reusit sa il convinga de asta

Mie imi place stilul lui. Dar uneori avand atatia elevi e imposibil sa nu greseasca si sa faca doua programe asemanatoare. Urmarind programele lui Miki si ale lui Fumie e imposibil sa nu vezi asemanarile.
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    ade swan lake e singurul exemplu care ma nelamureste. in rest, uitate la oda anul asta. as fi ghicit si fara sa stiu ceva inainte ca programele astea, cel putin lpul e facut de morozov.

Reputatie
    Si mie mi se pare ca toti elevii lui au cam acelasi stil...

Cat despre viata lui personala, unele "surse" sustin ca a fost casatorit cu Tatiana Navka, in timp ce altele sustin ca Tatiana a fost casatorita cu Roman Kostomarov pentru a obtine cetatenia. E adevarat ca cele 2 afirmatii nu se exclud reciproc dar mi se pare greu de crezut ca a fost casatorita cu amandoi. Deci, cel putin o afirmatie e falsa.
    Lumea ne-o rearanjezi
    Are paradis în el.

Reputatie
    Atunci a facut bine Daisuke ca a renuntat la el. Abia astept sa ii vad programele sezonul viitor. Il bate pe Oda/Morozov sau nu. Eu sper ca da

Nu e chiar imposibil. Putea sa fie casatorita cu unul vreo cateva luni - un an si cu celalat la fel. Dar oricum Morozov nu arata prea rau.
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."

Reputatie
    N-am zis ca e imposibil, ci putin probabil. Si ce, Roman arata rau?!
    Lumea ne-o rearanjezi
    Are paradis în el.

Reputatie
    Nu am zis asta

Reputatie
    Bine, pentru ca am avut a crush on him cativa ani buni. Il visam si noaptea.
    Lumea ne-o rearanjezi
    Are paradis în el.

Reputatie
    E simpatic...intotdeauna mi s-a parut ca face pereche buna ca Tatiana.
    Daca au fost casatoriti trebuiau sa si ramana...mi se par potriviti.