Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miki Ando

Reputatie

Miki Ando

http://data2.blog.de/media/270/1272270_eae94d436c_m.jpg
    Miki Ando (Japanese: 安藤美姫, Andō Miki) (born on December 18, 1987) is a Japanese figure skater. She is the 2007 World Figure Skating Champion, the 2004-2005 Japanese National Champion and the 2004 World Junior Champion. Ando is the first and only female skater to successfully complete a quadruple jump in competition. Ando landed the first ladies' quadruple Salchow at the 2002 Junior Grand Prix Final. In 2006, she entered Chukyo University in her hometown.

More:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miki_Ando
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    offff....saracutza,ce rau mi-a parut de ea!
    e printre favoritele mele.....sper sa isi revina cat mai repede!

Reputatie

Heartbreaking skate for Japan's Miki Ando

Emotional and physical strain too much for defending champ
    By Alexandra Stevenson, special to icenetwork.com

http://web.icenetwork.com/images/200...0/e8qyKkZw.jpg

(03/20/2008) - Defending world champion Miki Ando just couldn't live up to the hype. Whether it was the physical or the emotional strain of competing, well, we'll never know -- but one thing was obvious, Ando's amateur skating day's may be over.

She took the the ice for her four minute Carmen routine, looking elegant and sexy in red and black. But, as a harbinger of things to come, you could just make out a bandage halfway down her left calf.

After two moves: a triple Lutz and triple Salchow, she knew it was over.

The three rotations on the Lutz were complete, but she could not check the landing, and did not try the planned second jump of the combination.

Then she splatted on the ice trying to land the Salchow.

She continued skating, but when she reached the entry to the triple flip, she did not perform the move. Then she went to technical controller, Sissy Krick, and tearfully attempted to explain the situation.

Ando skated to her coach, Nikolai Morosov, he told her to go and curtsy to the audience. As she did the near capacity crowd of 10,000 in the Gothenburg, gave her a huge round of applause.

"I had an injury on my muscle, before the morning practice," Ando explained. "I was warming up. I was pressing. I just can't feel my muscle, but I decided to continue with the competition because this is worlds, and it is important for me.

"Even if I don't win the gold, it is important for me to try. I wasn't thinking of [winning] the championship and things like that. Because I love skating, I just want to show my skating for every people, but this time [it wasn't possible].

"I prepared very well. The jumps were getting better and better. I had cramp on my leg, so the coach [Nikolai Morozov], said that I should withdraw, but I really wanted to be in the competition anyway."

It had been obvious from the warm-up that she had problems.

Rumors that she would withdraw had been circulating all day. She has been plagued all season by a right shoulder injury, and had put off surgery until after this season.

Hidehito Ito, Director of the Japanese Federation, said the 20-year-old, who has trained in the United States since mid 2006, had a strained left leg.

In Thursday's morning's practice, Ando stepped onto the ice, but came off almost immediately.

Ito said that Ando would warm-up for her free skate, and only then, after the allocated six minutes, make her decision whether to continue. She skated the full warm-up, doing two triple Lutzes and a triple flip in the last few seconds.

According to a medical bulletin issued to the press: she suffered from "an acute muscle strain and partial rupture."

Ando did well from an early age. She won bronze, silver and gold in the World Junior Championships, 2002-2004.

This was her fourth appearance at worlds.

Before winning gold last year in her home country's capital, Tokyo, she finished fourth in her debut in 2004, and was sixth in 2005. But after a disastrous performance in the Olympic Games in Torino, she was withdrawn from the 2006 worlds.

Ando was eighth after Wednesday's short program, where she presented a triple Lutz combined with a double toe loop, instead of the expected triple.

At that time she said, "I intended to do a triple-double in the combination, so it wasn't a mistake."

She also had a very uncharacteristic wobble on her flying sit spin. She explained that flaw with: "I was a bit tired in my leg."

She is best known for becoming the first, and only woman, to land a quad Salchow in international competition. But that was in 2002, and, as she grew, she was unable to repeat that feat in any ISU sanctioned competition.

Nikolai Morozov began training Ando in 2006. He had previously promised that Ando would try the quad Salchow in Gothenburg, in honor of Ulrich Salchow, a Swede, who invented the single version of this jump at the beginning of the 20th Century.

It was a pipe dream.

The question now is can she return? Does she even want to?

Ando gave an interview to icenetwork.com after the NHK Trophy where she questioned her future in competitive skating: "I was questioning myself during the summer on why I was doing all of these competitions and practice. It is not that I want to quit, but my body and mind are not in unison."
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie
    Sper sa-si revina repede! Mi-a parut tare rau de ea, s-a vazut ca o durea

Reputatie
    Ando's amateur skating day's may be over.
    Sper sa nu fie asa!
    Get well soon, Miki!
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."

Reputatie
    Dragutza de Miki! Mi-a parut asa de rau de ea. Sper sa nu-si termine cariera de patinatoare,
    "Cand simt nevoia de maretie, la Yagudin ma intorc."

Reputatie
    si eu sper sa isi revina cat mai curand si sa mearga mai departe!
    nu vreau sa se retraga!

Reputatie
    Un articol mai vechi(de anul trecut):
    Ando's future in skating a question mark
    Skater says "heart and mind" not in unison anymore

By Jack Gallagher, special to icenetwork.com
    (12/07/2007) - Japanese skating fans were again left wondering what to think after world champion Miki Ando's disastrous outing at the NHK Trophy last weekend in Sendai. Ando, who has made a habit of up and down performances, outdid herself at the last of this season's six Grand Prix events.

Trailing Italy's Carolina Kostner by less than a point going into the free skate, Ando put on a performance that resembled her disastrous outing at the Turin Olympics, falling twice, touching the ice another time and botching a triple combination jump, on the way to a fourth-place finish.

The result cost Ando a trip to the Grand Prix Final in Turin, Italy, next week. Japanese newspapers the following day featured prominent photos of Ando sprawled on the ice and there was intense coverage of her on television.

With an incredible amount of natural ability, excellent presentation skills, and one of the top coaches in the world in Nikolai Morozov, Ando would seem to have everything she needs for consistent success. But old habits die hard, and the fragile nature of the Nagoya native seems to be rising to the surface again.

Immediately following her free skate, Ando sounded conflicted when she spoke to the media, "I was questioning myself during the summer on why I was doing all of these competitions and practice. It is not that I want to quit, but my body and mind are not in unison."

It is obvious to seasoned observers that she needs some kind of boost. One Japan Skating Federation member told icenetwork.com: "It didn't look like she (Ando) had any confidence out there on the ice."

Keep in mind that this is the reigning world champion we are talking about. The morning after her latest calamity, icenetwork.com asked the JSF if they were considering having Ando consult with a sports psychologist.

"No. Because this result was only one time," came back the response from JSF director Hidehito Ito.

But those who saw her finish sixth at the Japan nationals in 2005 - yet still make the Olympic team - and the fiasco in free skate in Turin, know that it was not a one-time occurrence.

Japan is a place where things change slowly, if at all. Counseling, of any kind, is still a rare thing and never one to be acknowledged. As the JSF's stance shows, in Japan people are reluctant to seek help for those with problems. The position generally seems to be that by ignoring the issue, hopefully it will just go away.

It is sad that the JSF won't even consider helping Ando - who has been telling people in the Japanese skating community since the summer she is "burned out" - in a real time of need.

Hometown hero

Turin Olympic champion Shizuka Arakawa was prominently featured during the NHK Trophy in her hometown of Sendai. Arakawa, who was born in Tokyo but moved to the northern city in Miyagi Prefecture at the age of two, was a rinkside commentator for Japanese television throughout the competition.

Sendai, which is considered the birth of Japanese figure skating after an American introduced the sport to local residents on a pond back in the late 19th century, has enjoyed a renaissance in interest since Arakawa's glorious victory last year.

The rink where Arakawa skated as a youngster, Konami Sports Club Izumi, closed down several years ago, but in the wake of her winning the gold medal re-opened this year as Ice Rink Sendai.

New image

Nobunari Oda, Japan's second-ranked male skater last season, who was arrested for drunk driving in late July and subsequently banned from the Grand Prix campaign by the Japan Skating Federation, has made the first move of his comeback.

Earlier this week Oda, who finished 7th at the world championships in Tokyo last March, announced that he had retained the services of AK Global Agent to represent him in all domestic matters. The announcement was faxed out to media accompanied with a picture of a smiling Oda and brief biography of the Osaka native.

Oda, the 2005 world junior champion, is scheduled to make his return to competition later this month in the Japan nationals at Osaka's Namihaya Dome.

In tune

Sisters Mao and Mai Asada have released a two-set CD with selections of their favorite skating music. EMI produced the CD, which retails for ¥3,000 ($27.00) and is available at major retail outlets in Japan. There are 32 selections in all, including numbers from Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and Chopin.

Mao, who finished second at the 2007 Worlds, has qualified as the second seed for next week's Grand Prix Final in Turin, Italy.

Older sister, Mai, struggled through her short program last week at the NHK Trophy while battling a high fever and cold, and was forced to withdraw before Saturday's free skate.

Three in a row

The Foreign Sportswriters Association of Japan, which honored Japanese baseball legend Sadaharu Oh with a Lifetime Achievement Award earlier this week, recognizes one foreign and Japanese sports figure each year for their accomplishments.

Mao Asada, the world junior champion and Grand Prix Final winner two years ago, was honored with the award in 2005, while the FSAJ recognized Arakawa for becoming the first Asian female to win a gold medal in figure skating in 2006.

Both Asada and Arakawa accepted the award in person at a dinner in Tokyo. Asada was only 15 when she won and brought her mother Kyoko along with her.

Until her meltdown in Sendai, Ando was considered one of the front-runners for the honor this year. Now it will be up to Daisuke Takahashi, winner of Skate America and the NHK Trophy this season, and the favorite at the GP Final, to try and stretch the streak of skaters winning to three.

Winners of the awards for 2007 will be announced in late January.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reputatie
    (Golden Skate)

Japan's Miki Ando has had a career filled with highs and lows. The high point so far for Ando was her win at the 2007 World Figure Skating Championships in Japan, where she beat out favorites Mao Asada and Kim Yu-Na as well as defending champion Kimmie Meissner.

"No one expected anything from me," Ando said "I just did my job and tried to enjoy skating. I was so happy because I didn't make any mistakes in the short or the long."

Ando noted that the 2007-08 season, however, was much more difficult due to the changing rules. "There are more penalties for errors on jump takeoffs. I had to change the entry to jumps that I have done for seven or eight years in the same way and it is so hard to change. The judges said that my sit spin was too high so I had to get lower on it and practice it more and more."

From 2002 to 2004, Ando was rolling up an impressive record in juniors, winning five Junior Grand Prix events. She won the ISU Junior Grand Prix Final twice in 2003 and 2005, and took the bronze in 2004. At the World Junior Figure Skating Championships, she went from bronze in 2002 to silver in 2003, and finally gold in 2004. The next three seasons, she qualified for the senior Grand Prix Final, but never reached the podium, finishing fourth in 2005 and 2006.

The student from Nagoya City was off to a good start in the beginning of the 2006-07 season, capturing the title at Skate America and the silver at Trophee Eric Bompard. Ando's run was short-lived, however, as she placed fifth at the ISU Grand Prix Final in December after falling ill to a stomach virus in Moscow. A few days later, she placed second at Japanese Nationals.

Ando began the 2007-08 season with a silver medal at Skate America, but only finished fourth at the NHK Trophy in Japan, failing to make the Grand Prix Final for the first time. Complicating things for Ando was a shoulder injury she received from a fall at the Japan Open in the summer.

"My shoulder was badly sprained and it's possible I may need surgery if the muscle is torn," she said. "But that would take three months to recover. It hurts me when I try to spin or jump and even on footwork. I've had to switch to my other shoulder for the Biellmann position on my spiral and that was hard. I have to do special exercises and tape it every day, then ice down after practice and at night."

Ando's injury woes continued at the Four Continents Championships, where she finished third despite a bandaged thigh. "I cut my leg into the muscle with my skate at the NHK Trophy," Ando explained.

The following month at the Worlds, Ando, who stood in eighth after the short program, had to withdraw less than a minute into the free skate with more leg problems. "I had an injury to my calf muscle during the morning practice when I was warming up," she said. "But I decided to continue because it was the Worlds and it's important to me. But when I started the free skate, I had a cramp in my leg and couldn't feel my muscle, so Nikolai told me I should withdraw."

Nikolai Morozov has coached Ando for about two years. She trains during the summer at the Ice House in Hackensack, New Jersey and as often during the season as possible. Her workout schedule includes three to four hours on ice, six days a week, but limited off ice work, only stretching before she goes on ice.

When she is Japan, Ando trains at the Nagoya University ice rink, working with Yuko Monna. She is studying about sports at the university. "I'm in the second year of a four-year program, " she said. "We do all of the different sports and learn about the training and conditioning for each one."

"It's very hard to train in Japan," Ando explained. "I have to travel about 40 minutes to the ice rink and I can only get ice [time] between six and eight in the morning and between ten and twelve at night. All the sessions are public, because there is no private ice in Japan. All the Japanese people love me now and little kids are always coming up to me on the ice to take photos and ask for autographs. And all the television and radio and newspaper people are always following me around. So it is difficult to train. But I am getting smarter about using my time."

Ando's short program for this season included a triple Lutz-double loop, triple flip and double Axel. Her long contained a triple Lutz-double loop, triple toe-double loop-double loop, triple Lutz, triple flip, triple Salchow, triple loop, and double Axel. She is no longer trying the triple Axel although she has landed them in practice as far back as 2003.

"I'll try to add a double Axel-triple toe to my program because it's the same level as a triple Axel," she said. "I don't know what else I might try. Right now it's enough for me. I had a triple Salchow-triple loop and I've done a triple Lutz-triple loop-triple loop in practice just for fun. I like the loop and the Salchow, but I hate the triple toe. And I don't like the double Axel because mine is kind of bad right now."

Ando did not begin to skate until she was nine. "I did many, many things before skating," she said. "I tried swimming, cycling, playing the piano, calligraphy and many more things. I didn't start skating until after I went to the rink with some friends from school." But she was a quick learner, landing triples by the age of eleven.

The 20-year-old was the first woman to land a quadruple jump in competition in 2002, when she landed a quad Salchow at a Junior Grand Prix event. She first landed the jump in practice two years earlier and has since done the quad loop and quad toe loop in practice. "We wanted to add the quad Salchow for Worlds in Sweden because Salchow was Swedish," Morozov added. "Last year, we didn't need it, but this year it was important."

Ando is using Samson and Delilah by Camille Saint-Saens for her short program and Carmen by George Bizet for the long, both new this season. Morozov choreographs all of her programs. "I went to Nikolai because I liked the first program that he did for me so much," Ando said. "I did not have high level choreography before that."

"It's always very hard to find the right music for her," Morozov said. "I wanted to push her to a higher level and create something that's new to her. Samson and Delilah suits her because she looks sort of Arabian. Carmen is very powerful music and many skaters have done it. I thought she was ready to do something like this. She's growing into herself. She's a lady now."

"I wanted to make a more emotional, womanly, sexy program," Ando stated. "And Carmen is famous, especially for skaters. I'm so shy that it's hard for me to be expressive on the ice. I couldn't move my hips or my eyes to be sexy. But I have been watching Katarina Witt doing Carmen on television. She was so exciting. I have been learning from her."

Early in the season, Ando skated to Time to Say Goodbye by Christina Aguilera. "It's a famous piece about a performer in the circus who cannot say goodbye to her father," Morozov said." But at the Four Continents Championships, Ando debuted a new program to Handcuffs by Claudette Ortiz. "I wanted to do something different for a gala program," Ando said. "I let my hair down because I had a headache before the gala. I bought the clothes at a store in Tokyo."

"I like competitions more than shows," Ando said. "When I was a novice and won the first time, there was a show just for winners. I didn't know that I had to do a show and I had no show program so I was crying and crying. That's probably why I don't like show programs as much."

Ando has worn gold skates for the past five years. "Gold is the color of champions," she said. "I wanted to be the champion so I changed to gold." She hopes to win the gold at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, then finish her schooling and begin coaching. "I think I'll compete for only two or three more years," she said. "My dream is to be a coach for little kids."

Off ice, Ando enjoys talking with friends, shopping, dancing and cooking. "I can even make borsch now," she said. "Sometimes I go in to New York City to see the Broadway shows. I've already seen Cats and Chicago and I want to see more. But the city is too big for me. I like quiet areas." Ando also enjoys taking photographs and collecting videotapes from Disney films and Japanese anime. She has two pets at home, a dog and a parakeet.

Reputatie
    "It's very hard to train in Japan," Ando explained. "I have to travel about 40 minutes to the ice rink and I can only get ice [time] between six and eight in the morning and between ten and twelve at night. All the sessions are public, because there is no private ice in Japan. All the Japanese people love me now and little kids are always coming up to me on the ice to take photos and ask for autographs. And all the television and radio and newspaper people are always following me around. So it is difficult to train. But I am getting smarter about using my time."
    Nu are un loc unde se poate antrena singura? Si cum s-o descurca priontre ceilalti..sau ii da afara de pe gheata? Si intre ce ore se poate antrena! Chiar ca e greu.

but I hate the triple toe.
    cred ca asta o zice si Steph despre axel

Ce repede a invata sa patineze..a inceput la 9 ani si deja la 11 stia sa faca triple.

"I like competitions more than shows," Ando said. "When I was a novice and won the first time, there was a show just for winners. I didn't know that I had to do a show and I had no show program so I was crying and crying. That's probably why I don't like show programs as much."
    Saracuta
    Ando also enjoys taking photographs
    Cred ca nu ar fi japoneza daca nu i-ar place

Multumesc Florik pentru articol
    Last edited by whisper; 21st April 2008 at 07:57.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Anisia View Post
    Sper sa-si revina repede! Mi-a parut tare rau de ea, s-a vazut ca o durea
    O durea ca vedea ca sint atatea mai bune ca ea.

Reputatie
    Cateva randuri despre Miki :
    Fuji TV showed Miki heading for her LP, with Morozov walking by her side and constantly telling her something. Miki kept shaking her head sideways countless times to his words, her serious face showing grave determination.

They reached the rinkside, and Morozov kept talking to her for such an unusual long time before the start. Miki kept on shaking her head, responded a few words, and then Morozov said something to which she finally nodded with tears in her eyes.

Morozov, judging Miki's physical situation in her 6 minutes warm-up and much worried of her muscle damage, was persistently telling her to withdraw, all through this to the very last moment.

Miki's only response at the rinkside was her compromise that she would do as Morozov says when and if she falters her jumps three times.
    The reporter said that Morosov's final words in compromise to Miki was; No, one jump failure and you must immediately withdraw!

Miki never revealed this in her interviews done afterwards.
    What she said in tears was mostly her apology to her fans and those who supported her, for not being able to perform her program.

Even when the interviewer asked about the conversations everyone got curious of, she transformed the question into a softer reply. She was obviously guarding Morozov.
    Miki Ando will have the MRI inspection of the left leg on March 27.

It became clear on March 25 that Miki Ando (20, Toyota Motor Corporation) who was world Queen of the last season, will have the MRI inspection of the left leg which had hurt during Worlds, at a hospital in Nagoya City on March 27. Hidesato Ito, Director of figure skating reinforcement of Japan Skating Federation, revealed it. The ice show in Nagoya City which she is expected to participate on March 30 and the "Japan Open" of April 20, are prospect of the absence. Ando went back to Japan on March 24.
    Though Ando shows the intention to operate for the right shoulder of the old wound after finishing this season, Ito, Director of reinforcement, told "I do not know the schedule because I do not hear about a shoulder".

(It may be up to the result of the inspection whether she participates in Japan Open or not.)
    After all, she obeyed advice of Nikolai Morozov obediently.

Miki Ando never evaded even the match that no matter how was difficult.
    We know that she did her best always when she is possible.
    When she suffered a crushing defeat by the Olympics and returned to Japan, she made some declaration.
    She declared that she does never say the selfish and intends to hear obediently what the coach says, from now on.

In an official practice of the morning of the day of FS, Miki Ando left the rink in only approximately 10 minutes before playing music for her, because in the warming up before the exercise she pulled a muscle in her left calf.
    She got a diagnosis result that she might hang to complete cure for five months if she overdid it moreover in a match when she took a Russian medical advice immediately.
    Originally Nikolai Morozov seems to have advised her to withdraw from FS at a point in time that he knew her injury.
    And even the application documents to ISU to withdraw a competition were made.
    However, though her signature was necessary for the application, she refused a signature.
    Because the feeling that she wants to participate in Worlds as reigning Champion was too strong, she could not persuade herself into withdrawal from competition even by the serious injury of the leg.
    At last, requesting a Russian doctor, she had every possible medical treatment, what with injecting the painkiller and what with wrapping up severe bandage tape to a diseased part, and went to the rink.

Before a performance, coach and she did a somewhat longish briefing.
    Though being not able to know what a coach talked about, I can estimate it.

“In this match, you must never overdo it, because this match is neither a last match nor even a last Worlds for you”.
    “At first jump triple Lutz which is your favorite. And jump triple Salchow which is your favorite again next”.
    “Seeing a sense of those jumps, decide whether you can continue or not.
    However, you must never overdo it as I said first”.
    “Withdraw even with the middle of the performance with courage if you think that it is slightly impossible”.
    When I was a coach, surely I must have said in this way.

If she participated in a match as a private player, she must have skated even with crawling till the last.
    With obeying the advice of the coach because she was conscious of responsibility as the Japanese representative, she withdrew from competition at last.

I think Nikolai Morozov to be a splendid coach who is good for Miki Ando as far as I look in the media in Japan.
    I can find no reason why she must change a coach into
    "My muscle does not work!" said Ando with tear.

<figure skating: Worlds>◇ 20th March◇ Ladies FS ◇ Gothenburg in Sweden.

Miki Ando (Toyota Motor Corporation) who dared to stand on ice in spite of the pulled muscle of the left calf, failed by the jump that she tried twice.
    She stopped a takeoff of the triple Flip which was planned next, stepped forward to the judge seat and conveyed the continuation impossibility.
    Salchow jump which she fell down though taking off in the second jump, is her most favorite jump that even in the quad had succeeded once.
    “I thought that it is impossible to continue it moreover at a point in time when I failed in triple Salchow which I have not failed almost.

I am sorry to the people who supported me”, said Ando after the match.
    Though she could suppress the pain with an injection and medicine, it is said that "a muscle does not work, and there was not the sense".
    The tears of the sorrow streamed down cheeks on the stage which had been wrapped with the delight of first championship in one year ago.
    However, encouragement of warm encouraging was sent when Queen who was hurt left the rink.
    “Miki Ando withdrew just after the opening of free skating in 2008 Worlds”, on YouTube posted by joemoriyama.
    http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=POUSbF-WhOE

Translation into English.
    00:07.
    It was worried about whether she could participate in this free skating.
    And just now her name was called.
    However, Ando may be still hesitating about whether she performs or not.
    She must want to show her performance with the pride of reigning Queen.
    00:32.
    After nodding to an advice of Morozov, she advances to the center of the rink slowly now.
    Her left leg is painfully wrapping by bandage tape.
    00:49.
    Though she dislocated a shoulder with halfway of FS of Japan Nationals in 2006, she did never give up a match.
    Because she gained Japan representative as this result, moreover she could win the Worlds champion in 2007.
    01:00.
    She will fulfill her obligations.
    And Carmen's spirit enters into her.
    01:23.
    Triple Lutz.
    01:44.
    Triple Salchow.
    01:53.
    Yaginuma: "I wish she does never overdo it, won't I!"
    02:03.
    She shelved next jump!
    02:11.
    Yaginuma: “Ah! She stopped skating as I feared!”
    02:14.
    A player gives up a fight!
    Would we have met such a moment?
    She went to the judge seat.
    02:30.
    Anyway, in the official practice of the morning, she turned up in the rink for only 10 minutes.
    02:44.
    To her, this regret will be unbearable!
    Originally Nikolai Morozov seems to have advised her to withdraw from FS at a point in time that he knew her injury.
    However, Miki Ando wanted to skate by any means! 
    03:03.
    She must have wanted to show the pride as the reigning Queen to a capacity spectator at least.
    This is Worlds! It is even a scene cruel too beautifully.
    03:23.
    Yaginuma: "To a player, withdrawing in the middle of a match is really a painful experience!"
    Yaginuma: "I wonder how she can have come out to a rink!"
    03:38.
    “Arakawa!”
    Arakawa: “yes”.
    Now she left the rink after having made a bow toward the rink deeply.

Arakawa: “Standing on this stage has been her strong will, nevertheless she must leave from the stage because she cannot continue the performance. For that reason, it is painful moreover for her, I think. However, it is a most convincible result for her to leave the rink by her own will. I think that it is important for her not to have withdrawn soon against her own will at a point in time when a coach gave an advice”.

04:15.
    Though only the person herself understands a state and the pain of the real injury, it was a moment which Ando on having expected such an ending kept her head high.

04:30
    Miki Ando came to the interview room.
    Many thanks for your trouble.
    Ando: “Thank you”.
    I think that you are regret very much now. At first what kind of state is the injury in now?
    04:43.
    Ando: “Because this match was the match that was important next to Japan Nationals for me, I intend to have come performing the somewhat hard training and to have come facing this match in a very good condition.
    Though the state of the jump improved little by little, too, I could enter with very good feeling this morning".
    05:03.
    “Because as for the score there is not almost difference although I was the eighth place in SP, I went to the exercise this morning thinking that it might be enough to with doing my best. However, during a warm-up before beginning an exercise I pulled a muscle of left calf”.
    05:25.
    "I couldn't make myself consent about withdrawing from a competition immediately even if I injured a leg and I wanted to respond to encouragement of the people who had supported me in Japan”.
    05:40.
    “Because I wanted to skate somehow, I received from a Russian doctor an every possible treatment such as injection or bandage tape. Therefore I was able to put on skates for the time being”.
    05:53.
    “Though I checked the feeling by the 6 minutes practice, because it was different from usual in senses by bandage-tape and others, I had not very good feeling. Last, as a result of having skated in a real match, I found that it was impossible to continue the match moreover and withdrew from the competition”.
    06:16.
    Before a start, you talked with Morozov coach about something in rinkside, but what kind of contents was it?
    06:23.
    Ando: “I reported that there had not been my sense in six minutes practice. It was given an advice from a coach to try triple Lutz jump at first before skating. I intended to do until the last both what I should do and what I can do. However, I thought to obey properly obediently also what the coach instructed because it was the last”.
    06:50.
    “But because I was not able to skate till the last, for the visitor who came for cheering support from Japan, I am full of the feelings that I'm sorry.
    But because I think that you can let me skate again at the next opportunity, I intend to practice so hard that I can skate with a smile more in front of all of you in the next season”.
    07:22.
    But you heard big applause from a fan of the meeting place who came to there to watch your performance, didn't you?
    07:24.
    Ando: “I was very glad. Thank you very much”.

End.
    This is an article “Yahoo News” in Japan.
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...013-maiall-spo

Miki Ando promised a comeback saying "I will cure the injury".
    March 30 17:37 JST. By “Mainichi Shinbun”.

"Nagoya Figure Skating Festival" that domestic top skaters participated in was held in "Nippon Gaishi Arena" at Minami-ku in Nagoya City on March 30, and Miki Ando (Toyota Motor Corporation) who withdrew on the way in Worlds appeared in the beginning.
    She promised revival while saying "In the next season I will cure an injury first and want to finish with a smile last".
    In the same Festival, Mao Asada who won the championship at Worlds and others participated.

The explanation of a photo.
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...l-spo.view-000

Miki Ando who appeared in the beginning of Nagoya Figure Skating Festival.
    At Nippon Gaishi Arena in Nagoya City. At March 30, 2008.

This is an article in “Jijicom” in Japan.
    http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2008033000183 

English translation of the.extract of the article.
    Ando said "I want to perform a performance with a smile in the next season".
    2008/03/30-20:18 JST.

Ando canceled participation to the Festival and said hello before the raising of the curtain. 
    About Worlds Miki Ando said "Though first I thought I may not be able to skate, because I wanted to show most favorite Carmen even if a little, I did every possible thing".  She promised a comeback in front of the fan of home town who flocked to the meeting place with saying" I will do my best in the next season to have a performance to be able to finish with a smile".

"Nagoya figure Skating Festival" with photo gallery.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...42&postcount=1
    “Miki Ando said hello before the raising of the curtain in Nagoya Figure Skating Festival” on YouTube posted by Scheherazade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzJSHKHl9sQ

00:00.
    Miki Ando who could unfortunately not participate for injury, said hello before rising of the curtain.
    00:07.
    Though this time I cannot skate in the rink of my home town Nagoya City which I have looked forward to, as I cure an injury properly and will do my best so that I can perform a performance to be able to finish with my natural smile in front of all of you as for the next season, please still support me from now on. 
    00:30.
    After a performance began, she met again with a smile after a long interval with the friends and cheered them in rinkside seat
    This is an article in “Mainichi shinbun” in Japan.
    http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/news/...c.html 

Miki Ando don't participate to Japan Open, because she has been required to keep quiet for the left leg.
    April 3, 2008 JST.

Miki Ando (Toyota Motor Corporation) does not participate to Japan Open 2008 (in 20th April, at Saitama Super Arena) for the left calf injury.
    Because she inspected the leg at a hospital in Nagoya-City on March 27, and was ordered rest. Yukari Nakano who enters the Waseda University graduate school from April and belongs to the Prince Hotel from April participates in place of Ando. (Sponichi)
    A little bird told me that Miki Ando is getting well somewhat in off season. 
    April 16 JST.

The injury of the calf of her left leg is said to have gotten well already.
    At doctor's suggestion, she gave up the plan of the surgery and was going to compensate by the muscular strength.
    Even if she has the surgery of the shoulder, she will not only be not able to do skating for more than half year but also be not able to expect even to recover perfectly, that is the reason. 
    At present, she is doing the rehabilitation of the shoulder, attending a hospital as an outpatient every day. 
    Moreover, because she is 3 graders of the Chukyo University at present, she is studying every day in the university
    Un alt articol:
    http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2007/042008.shtml
    Multumesc celor de pe FS Univers.
    Last edited by whisper; 29th April 2008 at 18:19.

Reputatie
    Miki Ando conversed with the singer Ayaka for the first time.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59311

dazed&amp;amp;confused praf_de_stele's Avatar
    Reputatie
    eu habar n`aveam de threadurile astea
    si mie`mi place miki...
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    E tare feminina Miki ; si Lambiel e de acord.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B6kehRmLj_c

Reputatie
    wow...ce tot cauta steph mereu prin preajma ei ?
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    Te deranjeaza Ade..pe mine nu..mie imi place mult Miki

Reputatie
    nicidecum nu m`ar deranja si ce conteaza daca ne`ar deranja pe noi? oricum nu ma ia pe mine

Reputatie
    Ai dreptate

Reputatie
    ... sau dansul cu Yagudin, in Japonia, 27-28 iulie.
    http://image.sports.livedoor.com/pho...3a3a40e8-o.JPG
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 29th July 2008 at 12:21.

Reputatie
    ca foarte po****ra mai este miki ... da` ce mai...este si buna si frumoasa