Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Miki Ando

Reputatie
    Am gasit asta pe forumul lui Daisuke:
    About Miki,
    According to 24th article Miki won't do 4S in real competition this time. Because she injured the back of her left thigh about 2 weeks ago and she couldn't do jump practice enough. Why she jumped 4S in practice was in ordert to appeal to the judges.
    http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/gener...50128000c.html
    Se pare ca nu va incerca quadul in programe
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    Congratulations Miki!!!
    you did it!!

It was really fantastic performance.
    I'm happy and proud of her more than when she got the gold in Tokyo.
    I was impressed with both SP and FS.
    I can say You are World Champion for me Miki !!

http://image.sports.livedoor.com/pho...9737bb08-o.jpg

Reputatie
    we liked her performance too umiki.
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    Welcome back Umiki! Hope you'll visit us again soon!

We loved her performances tooo! And I agree with you: I'm more glad for her bronze medal than I was for her title in 2007. I didn't expectet to be so good. I wished that but didn't believed that she will be able to be in front of Mao, Joannie and Yu-Na. And I really think she deserved the silver medal.
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."

Reputatie
    thank you アデリナ!

I also think she deserved the silver medal.
    Miki's short program was fantastic!
    she was very beautiful.<3
    3-3 was DGed but I proud of her trying to 3-3.
    because she couldn't do any jumps owing to injury even before 2weeks of the world championships.
    If she have done 3-2, she world have get higher score.
    But she did 3-3. I'm proud of Miki.

Jeff Buttle said like this.
    "Figure skating is everything — everything that happens in four minutes 40 seconds. "
    That's right!
    But figure skating is absolutely SPORTS I think!
    so I proud Mao's two 3axel and Miki's 3-3 in SP, quad in Grand Prix Final...
    I hope we can see many more challenge in World Team Trophy in my country.
    Although WTT is ISU competition, it's like a ice show, so every skater can challenge something difficult!

I'm very lokking forward WTT.
    I can't wait. My fovorite skaters come to Japan!!!!
    Stephane, Brian, Evan

Reputatie
    Well Jeffrey said something very clever! He has right with that!

You are lucky your favorite skaters come in Japan so often Do u go to the WTT?

Reputatie
    yes, actually Jeff proved it!

To my great regret, I can't go to WTT.
    But I can watch them on TV.

Today, I watched feature TV program of WTT.
    It's like a Japanese skaters(Miki, Mao, Nobu, Kozuka) talk show.
    It was very funny chatting

When they talk about Miki, Mao said Miki is always fashionable.
    Kozuka said she is really genius!

And Nobu said Miki is very good at cooking!
    But he said even if her cooking seemed to be a man!
    That's reminds me, I have read interview of Nobu & Miki.
    Nobu expose that the spring roll which Miki made exploded in the interview.
    Bomb Miki roll!

Reputatie
    Well I will be glad if u can translate more from that interview!
    U are so lucky! At list u can watch it on tv. and u can see the talk shows with them!

I've heard that in one interview Miki called Nobu "grandpa" LOL!

Kozuka said she is really genius!
    It's very nice from him to say that about Miki

Please come here more often and tell us informations about Miki and the others japanese skaters.
    We also have threads for Mao, Nobu , Kozuka and Daisuke

And for WTT: http://www.onlinesport.ro/forum/showthread.php?t=391378
    Last edited by whisper; 13th April 2009 at 01:00.

Reputatie
    I'm sorry for not replying to you sooner.

Miki & Nobu interview is long so it's difficult to translate for me...I'm sorry.
    (I must study English or your language more!)

I've heard that in one interview Miki called Nobu "grandpa" LOL!

By the way, Miki got new EX program!
    Miki performed her new program in Dreams on Ice in Japan!
    Stephane and Tomas also skated there...
    Maybe Miki use "Bring in 'da Noise Bring in 'da Funk".
    I couldn't go DOI but next week this show will be broadcasted on Japanese tv.
    Can't wait!!!!

http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/graph/2009/0619/11.jpg

more photo ↓

Miki este foarte sexy~~~
    http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/graph/2009/0619/1.html
    http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/spor...2007014-p3.htm

dazed&amp;amp;confused praf_de_stele's Avatar
    Reputatie
    hi umiki! i read it on stephane`s official website and they wrote about this gala. i love miki`s outfit, she looks so pretty
    maybe the vids are on youtube , i`ll check out later. i`m very curious to see the programs...i miss steph so much, i must watch his new ex program

thanks for infos and pictures, they`re really nice
    ah, and to not forget...you`re right, miki este foarte sexy it`s very nice you know many words in romanian. shame on me, i don`t know that much in japanese
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    True Ade-chan! Shame on us! I don't have enough time for learning..but even that must be a reason that I say for hiding my lazyness
    WOW! Miki looks very good! Thank u Umiki-chan for sharing this news with us!
    I don't know the song but the title sounds like an entertaining one so I guess Miki's program must be very dinamic! I hope to find it on YT!

Arigatou once again! Hope u will visit us soon!

PS: I don't know if it is true...but I saw that was your bday some days ago so : お誕生日おめでとうございます!
    Last edited by whisper; 21st June 2009 at 00:56.

Reputatie
    lasa ade ca tu tot mai stii japoneza, dar eu nimic nimic

happy birthday, umiki ! if it really was
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    Ce stiu eu nu ti-ar fi nici tie greu sa inveti..dar as vrea sa stiu mai mult
    Eu am vazut numele umiki la lista de sarbatoriti pe 18 iunie

Reputatie
    faza e ca nu vreau sa invat nu ma atrage...comparativ cu engleza ... la engleza cred ca invat zilnic cate ceva

nu conteaza, ne lamureste ea cand revine...daca chiar a fost ziua ei, cred ca s`ar bucura sa vada ca ne`am amintit de fapt, tu ti`ai amintit

Reputatie
    Multumesc!! thank you very much both. どうもありがとう!
    yes, my birthday is June 18. I'm glad

by the way, have you ever seen Miki's new EX?
    It's so nice!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl99q9DjEiU

and she have one more EX program this year.
    she skated "Requiem" by Mozart in other ice show.
    I wanna see it!!!!

Reputatie
    Do itashimashite!!!!どういたしまして。
    ありがとう! for sharing the vid! didn't saw it till now!
    Hope you'll be able to see Miki live soon!

またあとで会いましょう!Mata atode aimashou!

Reputatie
    Un articol nou despre Miki:
    Soul on ice: Resilient Ando primed for second chance at Olympic glory

By JACK GALLAGHER
    "Don't judge a person until you have walked in their shoes."

Never could a saying be more apropos than for Miki Ando.

Growing up in front of the nation as a skating prodigy, she has taken her share of knocks, but has always come back stronger.

At the age of 21 she has already gone through a seeming lifetime of tribulations. Yet she remains upbeat and confident looking ahead.

In a rare and exclusive interview, the 2007 world champion opened up about her skating, family and life.

"I'm definitely looking to medal in Vancouver," the current world bronze medalist said recently in Tokyo. "After the last Olympics, I think I have something to prove."

"Miki is in great shape and really skating well," her coach Nikolai Morozov stated during the recent Dreams on Ice shows in Yokohama, which Ando headlined. "We are confident about her chances in Vancouver."

Morozov wasn't exaggerating about Ando's condition. When she skated in the shows at the Shin-Yokohama Skate Center, the definition in the 162-cm star's stomach muscles was both visible and pronounced. It appears as if she is leaving nothing to chance this time around.

Ando first burst onto the international scene when she landed a quadruple salchow at the 2002 Junior Grand Prix Final, shortly before her 15th birthday. It remains the first and only time a female has landed a quadruple jump in competition.

After so many years, and so much discussion of her historic achievement, one has to wonder if it has not become a bit of a burden for her.

"To the contrary, it inspires me," Ando noted. "This is why I keep striving to do it again."

With fellow Nagoya native and world champion Mao Asada having achieved so much on the back of the triple axel, the question of why Ando does not try to include it in her repertoire has to be asked.

"Many years ago I practiced the triple axel," Ando said, "but I developed a stress fracture in my foot as a result, and have been fearful of doing the jump ever since."

Throughout the years Ando, the 2004 world junior champion, has been labeled by some critics as lacking in toughness, but she does not agree with that assessment.

"I skate with my heart and show my emotions," said Ando, who is known for her excellent presentation skills. "I think those are assets."

As Miki has matured over the years, she has also come to grips with the untimely death of her father, Mikitaka, who died in a traffic accident when she was just 9 years old.

Having seen her become very emotional during previous interviews when talking about her Dad, I treaded lightly, but ask what happened.

"He was just 32. He was riding on a scooter," Ando said, her voice trailing off.

She really showed me something by answering this difficult question. It was as if she knew she was being tested and was determined to get through it.

Ando explained the profound impact this tragedy had on her mother. In one instant she lost her husband, father of her children, and business partner.

"My parents ran a cafe business together," she said. "When the accident happened, life became very difficult for my Mom and our family."

(Ando's lone request was that I not include the first names of her mother or younger brother, who have chosen to remain in the background throughout her career.)

Ando's charitable work both on and off the ice attests to her understanding that there are truly many in need. She may be a celebrity, but she hasn't lost touch with regular people.

"I have had some personal trials, but skating has always helped me through," she said. "If I can assist others through my skating, I want to do it."

Ando, who first took the ice at age 8, said she had a rich childhood athletically and creatively.

"I did ballet, played the piano, and enjoyed swimming," she noted. "I also did soroban (abacus) and shuji (calligraphy)."

Throughout the course of the evening Ando spoke in fluent English and was never stumped by any word or phrase I threw at her. Her adeptness at the language ran counter to the impression of many in Japan that she could not speak the language.

"My coach and my American friends really inspired me to learn English," Ando noted. "They told me that if I wanted to communicate with people outside of Japan I was going to have to do it. Now I am very happy that I did."

It was statements like this, and the confidence with which she made them, that had me feeling that I was in the presence of a beautiful young woman who is just hitting her stride in life, who knows that the toughest times are behind her, and that she has great prospects for the future and a long life ahead of her.

Her disastrous showing at the 2006 Turin Olympics, where she finished 15th, clearly still bothers her.

"I was just too young for all that," Ando said. "The expectations and the pressure, I just wasn't ready for it."

The Japan Olympic Committee and the Japan Skating Federation had promoted Ando extensively in the runup to the Turin Games, and when she failed to meet expectations, they weren't the only ones who were disappointed.

It wasn't enough for some fans that Shizuka Arakawa won the gold medal. They were infuriated by Ando's showing and let her know about it.

"I received hate mail after the Olympics," she recalled. "As if I didn't feel bad enough already."

I asked Ando about the origin of the nickname "Mikitty," by which some media and fans refer to her.

"I was appearing on a television show several years back, and the producers wanted to come up with a nickname for me and that was it," Ando said. "To be honest, I never really liked it.

"Skating fans on the Internet call me 'Snoopy' because they know I like Snoopy," she added.

As Ando heads into the Olympic season, the comparisons to Arakawa's predicament at the same point four years ago are tantalizing.

Arakawa, the 2004 world champion, struggled with injuries and motivation the following season, and considered retiring. She forged on, but not many in the skating community felt she could win the gold.

To put it quite simply, she was an afterthought.

Fast forward four years, and Ando is in a similar position.

With world champion Kim Yu Na and Mao garnering nearly all of the attention, Ando, despite her third-place finish at the worlds, is not in the thick of the discussion about who will top the podium in Vancouver next February.

It has to be pointed out that though Kim, Mao and Ando have all been world champions, just the latter has skated in the pressure cooker that is the Olympics. One need only harken back to Turin to realize that it would not take much to throw the competition wide open.

The irony of the situation is not lost on Morozov, who coached Arakawa to the gold medal in Turin.

"Miki is not the focus of the international media now, but neither was Shizuka back then," he said. "People have to remember that Miki narrowly missed out on the silver medal at the worlds (finishing less than one point behind Canada's Joannie Rochette).

"Her experience, along with the continued dedication and level of performance she is now exhibiting will put her right in the thick of the battle."

Morozov also pointed out that the unforeseen can always play a part in who emerges with Olympic glory.

"Despite all the years of training, the reality is that it comes down to four minutes on the ice," he concluded. "An injury, a fall, the intense pressure — these factors cannot be discounted. In the end, the advantage can very well go to the person who has been through it before."
    http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0090719it.html

Reputatie
    cateva articole despre medaliata cu aur de la CoR:

Ando climbs the standings to win gold
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Portraying Cleopatra in an intricate program choreographed by Lea Ann Miller and Nikolai Morozov, Ando played it conservative, reducing her usual triple Lutz, triple loop combination to a triple, double. Although she fell on the second jump of a double Axel, triple toe combination, she hit four other triples (including a triple Salchow, double loop) and gained 3s and 4s on all of her elements.

Ando, who won the world title in 2007 and took world bronze last season, earned 114.75 points for her free and 171.93 overall.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/new...v=ap&type=lgns
    Miki Ando of Japan prevailed in the women’s event, while Ashley Wagner of the United States rose from fifth after the short program to take silver. Alena Leonova of Russia, the world juniors champion, took bronze for her first Grand Prix medal.
    Ando fell on a double axel-triple toe combination, but landed a triple-double-double. She said her Cleopatra-themed program was inspired by the complexities of the empress.

“I wanted to show the audience the queen and the normal woman,” she said

Reputatie
    Last edited by whisper; 14th November 2009 at 03:30.

Reputatie
    Ar putea fi ceva sanse sa o vedem pe Miki la Sochi

Ando stays upbeat about 2014 Sochi Games
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Kyodo) Miki Ando was overcome with a mix of emotions after placing fifth in the women's figure skating competition at the Vancouver Olympics.

Undecided: Miki Ando hasn't ruled out the possibility of competing in the Winter Olympics for a third time, meaning she could return to the spotlight in 2014 in Sochi, Russia. KYODO PHOTO

Bettering her 15th-place finish from four years ago in Turin, Ando believes that that the third time could be the charm for her when the Winter Games travel to Sochi, Russia, in four years.

"Wouldn't it be nice to be third-time lucky for me," she said with a wry smile, when asked about the possibility of competing.

The 22-year-old believes she has gained in maturity what she might have lost in terms of technical ability.

The quadruple jump that Ando used to be synonymous for, as well as the triple-triple combination, which helped her win the 2007 world championships, are no longer parts of her repertoire.

Fourth after the short program, Ando put on a powerful display in the free skate to music from "Cleopatra," playing the role of the Egyptian queen to the hilt while wearing a shimmering emerald green and gold costume.

But she stood miles apart from the likes of gold-medal winner Kim Yu Na and compatriot Mao Asada, who took the silver. American Mirai Nagasu, whose parents are both Japanese, beat her into fourth.

Ando cleanly landed her triple lutz-double loop combination and was nearly flawless with a total of 11 jumps. Although she lost speed for being overly cautious, she delighted the crowd en route to a season-best 188.86 points.

Ando's coach Nikolai Morozov said he was hoping to bring out her maturity over the past four years.

As the only woman to have successfully landed a quad in competition, Ando had been hellbent on performing the jump but it was such stubbornness that led to such a dismal result when she fell to the ice in Turin.

"In Turin, I finished with the feeling of having reached my dream of competing in an Olympics, but I had no sense of accomplishment."

Ando now realizes that figure skating is much more about expressiveness and not only about wowing the judges with technique.

"I am more than halfway satisfied. I believe I have grown in my own way compared with four years ago."

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0100227a4.html

Reputatie
    Ando plans move to Moscow
    Kyodo News

Figure skater Miki Ando said Tuesday she will move her training base to Moscow from New Jersey to follow her Russian coach Nikolai Morozov.

Morozov decided to change their training base after he agreed to Russia's request for his help in strengthening its athletes ahead of the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

"If he is going to Russia, I will follow him. That's all," Ando said on her return from Turin, Italy, where she placed fourth at the 2010 World Figure Skating Championships.

Ando, fifth-place finisher at Vancouver Olympics, said her next goal will be to appear the world championships being held in Tokyo in 2011.

"I'm beginning to want to skate at Sochi. But for now, I aim to compete at the world championships next year."
    http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0100331f1.html