Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Miki Ando

Reputatie
    Si cu Yags si cu Stephy..nice...pai merita, cum zicea Ade e si buna e si draguta
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    Miki Ando
    Height: 162 cm (5’4”)
    Birthplace: Aichi
    Residence: Nagoya
    Coach: Yuko Monna
    Major Titles:
    WORLD CHAMPION
    Japanese Champion
    World Junior Champion

Miki was born on December 18, 1987 in Aichi, Japan, in the Aichi Prefecture. As a girl, she tried her hand at many athletic and artistic activities such as swimming, ballet, piano and calligraphy.

Miki started to skate at the age of nine. Her first triple jump, a Salchow, came two years later. She is the only female skater to have landed a quadruple jump, also a Salchow, in competition. Her first quad was performed at the 2002 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final in the Netherlands when she was barely 15 years old. Miki has also landed the elusive triple Axel in practice and is working on the quad loop and toe loop.

Among Miki’s competitive highlights are winning her two Japanese National Ladies Senior titles in 2004 and 2005 (defeating such tough homegrown competitors as Shizuka Arakawa, Fumie Suguri, Yoshie Onda and Yukina Ota along the way), her Bronze (2002), Silver (2003) and Gold (2004) medals at the World Junior Figure Skating Championship, Gold medal at the 2004 Junior Grand Prix Final, and her fourth place finish at the Senior Worlds in 2004, weeks after winning the World Junior title. This past season saw Miki 2004-05 saw Miki successfully debut full-time in senior international competition, during which she won bronze and silver at two senior Grand Prix events, finished fourth at the prestigious Grand Prix Final in Beijing, and finished sixth at the World Championships in Moscow, skating in the final flight of skaters.

In 2005-06, Miki left Japan and her coaches Nabuo and Kumiko Sato, the parents and former coaches of Yuka, for Cleveland and 1960 Olympic champion Carol Heiss-Jenkins. Under Carol's tutelage, Miki rediscovered her love for skating. Despite winning a silver medal at Cup of Russia and being named to Japan's Olympic team, she was disappointed with her 15th place result in Turin, and returned to Japan and a former coach, Yuko Monna, for the 2006-07 season. We wish Miki all the best as she prepares for a bold comeback in the upcoming year, which will culminate in the World Championships in Tokyo.

Miki’s skating idols include 1994 World Champion Yuka Sato, as well as her teammate, competitor and close friend Shizuka Arakawa. Miki found Shizuka’s performance at the 1998 Nagano Olympics particularly inspiring.

Miki is a charming young lady on and off of the ice. While she can be quiet and shy around strangers, she warms up quickly. She has been known to laugh and joke around with her friend Shizuka while on the road. Her English is very good and she gives enthusiastic interviews. Miki’s favorite comic strip character is Snoopy, and she can be seen clutching Snoopy toys after her programs.

http://www.japanskates.com/bios/Miki/MikiBio.htm
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."

Reputatie
    Hi All!
    I'm a huge Miki Ando fan.
    She is scheduled to enter these events!

Moran Memorial
    http://www.angelfire.com/nj3/aafsc/p...lebySkater.pdf

Home of Champions
    http://www.icehousenj.com/Docs/HomeO...nsShow2008.pdf

Reputatie
    Welcome on our forum, Umiki!
    Thank you for the information!
    where are you from?
    I`m very impressed of the Home of Champions show. the tickets are quite cheap in contrast to the ice shows we had in our country when plushenko paid us visits 2 times in 2 years. we had to pay almost 100 euros for the best places and the cheapest were almost 40 euros. well, maybe it was because in our country there are not so many ice shows, they are quite rare , exclusive
    "cand aduci un stadion de oameni pana in punctul de a-si rupe traheea cantand ..atunci esti un artist adevarat. de neuitat din primul rand"
    KC :dance:

Reputatie
    Welcome on board Umiki!
    You're from Japan? Than I should say YOKOSO! ^_^
    Thanks for the informations!

Reputatie
    Thanx rocs_a and whisper.
    yep, I'm Japanese. And you also? whisper.
    I'm poor at English...But I want to share information about MIKI with her fans!!

And I got ticket of Champion on Ice.
    It's going to be held in Japan next month. Of course Miki is going to skate in the show.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by umiki View Post
    Thanx rocs_a and whisper.
    I'm poor at English...But I want to share information about MIKI with her fans!!

It's going to be held in Japan next month. Of course Miki is going to skate in the show.
    it`s no problem, we will not make you feel guilty for any mistake
    i`m sure you will have fun at the ice show! have you ever talked to miki ando ?
    "cand aduci un stadion de oameni pana in punctul de a-si rupe traheea cantand ..atunci esti un artist adevarat. de neuitat din primul rand"
    KC :dance:

Reputatie
    YAY! A new japanesse here! We have another one but doesn't have time to visit us very often
    No I'm not...I just wish to learn your language..and just thought about your name/id that you are from Japan^_~
    BTW You can call me Adelina

Your english is very good don't worry!
    But I want to share information about MIKI with her fans!!

Arrigatou Gozaimashta!I will be very happy if you will tell us more news about her and maybe sharing photos?

PS: If you like Daisuke You can share infos about him too, here: http://www.onlinesport.ro/forum/show...74#post2190774
    Last edited by whisper; 18th August 2008 at 19:58.

Reputatie
    ade, pe cine mai avem aici din japonia? ca eu nu stiu
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    Thanks all. I'll study English more.

have you ever talked to miki ando ?
    ya, I have.
    She is very nice. She is always nice to fans.

PS: If you like Daisuke You can share infos about him too, here:
    OK, Adelina, I like Daisuke. If I have something news about him, I'll go.
    ARIGATOU!

Reputatie
    You're welcome! Visit the forum as often you can...we like to have more members! ^_^

@Ade: Din pacate nu e vorba de Tomita sau Kohei ^_~
    vicky55 cred ca ai vazut id ul asta pe aici

Reputatie
    nu l`am vazut pana acum

daca era sa aleg intre tomita si kohei, il alegeam pe kohei, nu de alta, da` cu tomita nu`ti ardea de glume, trebuia sa ai grija sa nu`ti scape ceva amuzant ca se supara japonezul il schimb, kohei n`ar mai pleca de aci daca doar folosesti asta "", nu tre` sa mai inteleaga limba noastra
    [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"][I]I don't believe in God, I believe in Roger Federer[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Reputatie
    Cred ca ai dreptate Ade

Reputatie
    Hi everyone

I posted about Moran Memorial and Home of Champions ice show before.
    I searched for results or reports.
    They reported about the event like this.

Eventually Miki didn' t skate in the Morans.
    But when her teammates Nobunari and Adam skated she was holding up banner and said "GO NOBU" and "GO ADAM" from the stand.
    And she was jumping up and down yelling for them.
    But she performed in Home of Champions after Morans.
    She skated Chairman's Waltz from Memoirs Of A Geisha maybe.
    She landed some triple jumps and looked lovely.
    And her new costume is red and nice!

I'm very happy to read these reports!
    GO MIKI!

And you can listen to the sample 'Chairman's Waltz' here
    http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/1443980

Reputatie
    Arigatou Gozaimashita, umiki!
    I like the report too.
    You don't know why she didn't skate at Morans?
    But if she skated at Home of Champions then it's not about health problems, ne?
    She landed some triple jumps and looked lovely.
    And her new costume is red and nice!
    I'm happy for her!
    Ganbate Kudasai Miki-chan!

Reputatie
    thanks for the information, umiki !

Reputatie
    You're welcome!

But if she skated at Home of Champions then it's not about health problems, ne?
    I don't know why she didn't skate in the competition.
    But her withdrawing wasn't due to health problems I think.
    'cause she skated nice in the show as you said so.

see ya Pa!

Reputatie
    You know our language? How ?

Ja ne!

Reputatie
    daca stie 'pa', inseamna ca stie limba noastra, ade-san? 'pa' e, poate, cel mai simplu cuvant din incurcata noastra limba

umiki, i like your photo in the avatar miki looks great

Reputatie
    Ade-chan..nici nu a trebuit sa vad postul ca mi-am inchipuit ce o sa zici
    Pai..totusi de la cine la auzit

Reputatie
    ai ajuns sa`mi ghicesti gandurile ?