Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: English Forum: the beginning

Reputatie
    I think Sandra would have improved her UB routine already from last year, if she hadn't been injured...remember that in Stuttgart she could barely do her exercises from the Europeans, no progress in that at all.
    On the other hand, the floor routine she showed this year at the Europeans is more than half a point over the one in Stuttgart, which makes me really hope that, being healthy, she also managed to improve her UB significantly (but she didn't practise it enough).
    I don't know for sure, we'll wait for the movies of Catalin, but these are my hopes...

Reputatie
    Maybe she had improved her UB...but the dismount is the problem.
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    yes, but the dismount is a part of practising the routine many, many times...that's what I was referring to.
    if the routine worths over 15p, I wouldn't worry so much about the dismount, I am sure she can get it right until August.
    Last edited by ioanavol; 1st June 2008 at 11:26.

sport legend
    Reputatie
    From crisloregym and yana : here're some news:
    http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...itanie-2677694

Forminte was satisfied - only 3 falls (2 UB, 1 BB), all on new elements.
    Ana-Maria had a very good competition - nailed all her new elements

In another article http://www.gsp.ro/stire/romania-a-in...nie-80287.html
    they said the highest marks are Beth's UB - 16.450, than Sandra BB 15.650, Stela BB 15.600 and Stela UB - 15.500 (and Catalin said Acatrinei also got a 15.600 on BB)
    Those marks don't seem that good to me...

So - on UB - 2 falls on new elements - one should be Izbasa's dismount - did she change it?

Both Izbasa an Nistor executed a new element on FX which will increase their start value by 0.2. I guess they did not present their final +0.2 exercises, as Izbasa scored less than 15.5 and Forminte was satisfied (even with OOB she should have scored more).

ROMĀNIA - 238,600
    VT 58,600
    UB 58,100
    BB 61,950
    FX 59,950

Reputatie
    Thanks, Anca, for translating it

Reputatie
    we are waiting for the movies now......

senior
    Reputatie
    Wow! Ana maria has a new vault! She could almost challenge for AA then...
    And i can't wait to see the rest of the upgrades!!!

Reputatie
    did you see her vault on the other thread, SriEa? it's strange, your post appear to be before the time when Mihai (mikeyy) posted the video

Anyway, for those who don't understand so much Romanian as SriEa, here it is (thanks again Cata and Mihai for uploading it):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUHn2fk9Eo

Reputatie
    Yes..this is the first video...but Cata doesn`t remember who is the gymnast...I guess it is Ana Maria......what do you think SriEA?
    www.fangymnastics.com

senior
    Reputatie
    Well, i had read in the article that Ana maria had a new vault before I knew that some vids were being uploaded! So many thanks to catalin for them!
    I am mouse-less today which makes it very uneasy for me to write or to play the video several times.
    but from what i have seen, first vid seems to be dragoi to me (it is a FTY, right? so it should be a girl with low A score) while the vid named tamarjan if my eyes don't deceive me appears to be a DTY! (Wow! What an unexpected upgrade for her... where will she stop???)

Reputatie
    Yes...I think that Ana has a DTY ..and Vlad said that too on the thread "Concurs Constanta 2008".
    With a DTY, Ana has the chance to become the 2nd all-arounder from the romanian team...as long as Sandra Izbasa doesn`t have a good UB routine.
    www.fangymnastics.com

senior
    Reputatie
    Nice upgrades from the vids I have seen.
    Wow...i don't remember that steliana was connecting her turn with leg at horizontal to the front aerial to scale on BB: nice combo!
    Ana Maria is gorgeous on beam, i hope she'll get her new element (the punch front in pike position) consistent soon!
    Indeed , she could become a AA threat but she still needs upgrades on bars.
    Not impressed at all by Gabriela Dragoi compared to her past performances. was the full on beam a false rumour then?
    well at least Sandra upgraded her bars to 2 releases again... we know she has never been consistent on her dismount anyway but she has always had a fierce spirit during the important competitions!... so who knows?

Reputatie
    for those who are interested in the videos from the ROM-GBR meet in Constanta, pls look for the user "fangymnastics" on youtube.
    Last edited by ioanavol; 1st June 2008 at 19:48.

Reputatie
    I have a question not related to the meet in Constanta, but to the Dutch Nationals on 21st/22nd June...Are you going, Nicole and Tessa? I was also thinking to go, at least for the event finals, maybe we meet there
    I am very curious to see who is going to make it to the Olympics, but also to see the Russian girls, whom I understood that also participate.

Reputatie
    Thank you all so much for all the great information on the meet in Constanta! Sure the girls are not at their peak just yet......I hope Mr. Forminte can get them to be at their peak right in Beijing!
    Hmmm after reading through the information Stela, Sandra and AnaMaria are locks definately. And it seems things are not looking bad for Acatrinei either. Personally I am pleased to read, that also Gutu may still have a chance to make the team - I somehow really like her!!
    Though I am sorry to hear Lacusteanu can`t make it back in time and things are also very questionable for Cerasela.
    Boy if they were available it would be a really great team actually!! But I hope they can also do very well anyway.

Reputatie
    Ioana, I am definately going to Nationals in Amsterdam. I already ordered my tickets. You can do that here: http://www.nkturnen.nl/
    The website also has some info. The Russian team is coming with 8 girls, and also Ariella Kaeslin will be there. I would love to meet you.
    Program:
    Saturday 21 June:
    10-12.30: AA Youth and Juniors WAG
    13-16.30: AA Youth, Jnrs & seniors MAG
    17-19.30: AA seniors & foreign competitors WAG

Sunday 22 June:
    9-13: EF Youth & juniors WAG & Youth and juniors I MAG
    13.30-17.30: EF Seniors + foreign competitors WAG & seniors and juniors II MAG

I think it will be quite exciting, especially now the Russians are coming. They stated that it will be an important competition for them in the selection process of their olympic team. Out of this 10, 8 will compete: Ksenia Semenova, Anna Pavlova, Karina Myasnikova, Ksenia Afanaseva, Svetlana Klyukina, Ekaterina Kramarenko, Yulia Lozhechko, Kristina Pravdina, Kristina Goryunova and Anna Myzdrikova.

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Thank you TessaW for info. It looks like a excited competition. Ioana, I hope you can go too! I'm looking forward for your coments and pictures. If you can get Pav's fx and vt and Semenova bars taped it will be great! I would like to see Myzdrikova as well... and list can go on!

Reputatie
    Thanks also for the info, Tessa. When you have time, maybe you could also tell us shortly what is the status in the Dutch team, who is fighting for a place at the Olympics, who stands no chance...I would love to know more and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I have also ordered my ticket, so I guess I'm going I don't know yet whether to the whole competitions or only to see the seniors...I'll see how much time I have, taking into account that on 25th I'm leaving to Romania for our Nationals

It would be great to meet! I'll send you a PM one of these days.

Reputatie
    WOW, Ioana, you'll make a great slalom to all these competitions From Netherlands+Russia to Romania and our girls!!! Yay!!!!

As Tess said, I'm also looking forward to your reports. Tess, it seems I will lose my title of journalist...I have great competition here

Reputatie
    Don't worry, Cris, you'll get your role back at the Nationals...especially if the others will be busy with making photos/videos

Reputatie
    The status of the Dutch team at the moment... Well, it is a mess.
    I don't know if you heard about the crisis during the european championships? Verona van de Leur was pulled out of beam, did not like that, complained about it in the press, federation did not like it, etc. The problem is the power that her coach Ester Heijnen has in the dutch federation. Time after time qualification procedures are changed to give (mostly Esters gymnasts) an extra chance, as was the fact with Verona. She screwed up at trials, but was given an extra chance and kicked Tahnee Masela out of the team.

Anyway, after euros some former gymnasts of Ester Heijnen (and Boris Orlov) complained about her in the press. She would have (mentally) abused the gymnasts, from a very young age onwards, until the moment they were afraid to talk to their parents about it. They were called names, put on a weighing scale 4 times a day and when they did not loose weight during training they were punished. The girls did not even dare to drink water. If they did not please Ester, they were ignored, shouted at, called fat cows etc. Some of the girls said she caused anorexia. There was to be a trial suit, but in the end it was settled between the parties. The Hazenkamp club fired her, Boris Orlov also quit there and now the gymnasts are temporarily training at another club until nationals (FLik flak Den Bosch). However Suzanne Harmes, Anne Tritten and junior Kendra Pennings, changed gyms and are now competing officially for Heerenveen, but are still training in Den Bosch with Heijnen and Orlov. Verona did not change clubs officially and will still represent Hazenkamp.

Meanwhile Fieke Willems (who actually got it all started because she dared to speak up about Heijnen behaviour) trains with Frank Louter now in Zoetermeer (first coach of Verona and Suzanne), but still represents Hazenkamp. Also Lichelle WOng left Frank Louter after europeans and is now training in Heerenveen because she needed a change and the 'chemics' between her and Frank did not work anymore. In other words: she is an adult now and somehow Frank and older gymnasts do not match. This is also why Suzanne and Verona left years ago.

As you see, it is a mess. Regarding the Olympic spot, Suzanne Harmes is until now the only one who reached an Olympic limit (set up by the Dutch Olympic Committee), The limits are:
    VT: 14.444 (2 vt's of course)
    UB: 15.238
    BB: 15.250
    FX: 14.600
    AA: 58.450

Suzanne got a 14.75 on floor at europeans. Sanne Wevers has been close to the beamscore on her attempts during several world cups, and Lichelle was close on beam and bars in Moscow. There will still be a chance in Barcelona this weekend, and at national championships. That is why it was so important to get good foreign competitors (and judges) so the competition would count for the Olympic committee. I hope there will be some more gymnasts who reach the limit. Then the one who has the highest on a reference list will go. Of course this can all still change, because selection procedures are always messy here, and Esther Heijnen has lots of influence. She wants one of her own gymnasts to go.

Maybe Fieke Willems has a chance on vault, and Verona was close on the floor score in Clermont Ferrand, but after that she went on holiday to clear her mind, she thought about retiring, etc. So who knows where she stands?

This became a long story, sorry, but it is really messy here. I hope to see how the girls are looking next sunday, when there will be team nationals and semifinals for individual nationals. However not everyone will be there I guess.

On another note, 28/29 june there will be an international competition in Deventer (FAME/SVOD OPen). For Sri Ea: Egypt will also compete. Unfortunately I wont be able to go on Saturday (AA/team), but maybe on Sunday I go (only EF's, so I don't know whether any Egyptians will qualify). Otherwise, DUtchfan probably goes on Saturday too, and he usually films a lot. Romania does not participate, but Jordan, Malta, Hungary, Slovenia, Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic, Ireland, Sweden, egypt and Holland will. I thought you might be interested (especially Sri Ea)