Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: English Forum: the beginning

Reputatie
    Hi Tes and welcome!
    As soon as we know something, we'll put it also here

senior
    Reputatie
    Anamaria competed in italy yesterday in Serie A2.
    Here are her results:
    UB 14.750 (6.0)
    BB 15.200 (6.1)
    FX 14.550 (5.4)
    Don't forget that she has to present downgraded exercises to be part of this Serie... which explains lower A scores
    It seems that she just hit everything, I guess Euros have given her confidence!

Sorry i didn't know where to post those results so I said I would put it in the english forum and you guys would find the right place for the news.

ETA: Well never mind, I see that Mihai beat me to it!
    Last edited by Sri Ea; 13th April 2008 at 16:24.

Reputatie
    Thank you Sri Ea. You can post here all the information you have!
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    yes, it's really nice that you also keep us up to date, thanks a lot!
    I personally didn't know about Anamaria's participation to this competition...and I'm more than glad to hear that she did well!

junior
    Reputatie
    I thought Europeans was great. I wrote a report for the steliana-nistor.net site.
    The girls performed so well. During training, when Stela fell on her beam dismount, I thought everything was over, everybody had such a shock as it looked so serious but thankfully she was ok.
    Sandra's floor routine is a delight to watch. In real life it's so much better than on tv, you can't really feel the exitement on tv, in the arena, you can see how much she enjoys performing her routine and it affects the crowd who love watching it.

The atmosphere in the team is wonderful. The girls are happy, they get along so well with the coaches, the coaches joke with the girls and vica versa, and it all contributes to good performances.

I haven't seen much of the Cottbus competition but I find it a bit silly that a week after Europeans, they organise a competition like this.
    Stela is obviously tired and that's why she made mistakes. Maybe it would have been better to send other girls like Dragoi and maybe Acatrinie but who am I to say that. Maybe Stela wanted to go.

I am very hopeful for the Olympics. The girls have improved enormously and I think they will be in contention for a medal because they have improved on bars, the gap is not as big as it used to be.

Reputatie
    I have read your report and I liked it very much...congrats!!!
    Thank you very much!
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    Thanks Nicole, I've also read your report, really nice, felt like being there
    So you are Nicole Citroen? From The Netherlands? Then...Hartelijk welkom op ons forum!! En bedankt voor het verslag over het Europeense Kampioenschap! Heel mooi werk!
    (I'm in the learning fase at the moment, so sorry if not everything I said was correct)

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by TessaW View Post
    Hello everyone! Just wanted to say I am here too (Tes from GW). I tried to read in Romanian about the school championships. Love the pics, thanks so much! Are there some results known already?
    Welcome to this forum, TessaW! I can be called Anto - the first four letters from my first name.

We have some info about School championships, we have pictures and results but they are not processed yet! (take a look under Competitii thread - Concursuri junioare 2008 and you'll find a few vids - raw form). To be reviewed!
    Cata, Mihaela and Mary have been there and we are waiting for their posts.
    While editing this, I just got the team results from Cata:
    Teams:
    Clasament pe echipe:
    CATEGORIA a III a:
    1. CSS Cetate Deva echipa 1
    2. CSS Nr 1 Constanta
    3. CSS Cetate DEVA echipa 2
    CATEGORIILE II + I:
    1. CSS Cetate Deva
    2. CSS Nr 3 Steaua Bucuresti
    3. CSS Barlad
    CATEGORIA a IV a:
    1. CSS Dinamo,
    2. CSS Deva,
    3. CSS NR 1 Constanta

AA for Cat II and III
    CATEGORIA III:
    INDIVIDUAL COMPUS:
    1. Andreea Tufan
    2. Anca Corlaciu
    3. Andreea Petcu

CATEGORIA II:
    1. Mihaela Dima (Deva),
    2. Diana Rusu (Deva),
    3. ................

In spite of her hurt knee, Angy competed to all 4 apparatus. Irina did all 4 apparatus as well. At Cat IV level II (her group of age -9 years old) Irina was 5 on AA. In all events she was in the first 8 and on FX she got a medal. See the other thread for pictures.

Thank you Cata for all of those. More (including videos) to come in the next days!
    Last edited by Tess_AN; 13th April 2008 at 22:21.

junior
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanavol View Post
    Thanks Nicole, I've also read your report, really nice, felt like being there
    So you are Nicole Citroen? From The Netherlands? Then...Hartelijk welkom op ons forum!! En bedankt voor het verslag over het Europeense Kampioenschap! Heel mooi werk!
    (I'm in the learning fase at the moment, so sorry if not everything I said was correct)
    Yup, that's me Ik vind het heel knap dat je al zo goed Nederlands schrijft want het is geen makkelijke taal. Gefeliciteerd dat je de moeite neemt om Nederlands te leren.

Reputatie
    Thanks As I live in the Netherlands I need to at least put some effort into learning it...although, you are right, it's not easy at all
    But I find it far more impressive when somebody learns Romanian; especially Dutch people I haven't met many who can write as well as you do...especially taken into account how little compatible these two languages are

Reputatie
    Hello everyone!
    I`m back from Cottbus but first very busy with my photos and all. But I will tell you everything from the competition - I hope to do this tomorrow.
    I got a photo together with Sandra and Stela, and I talked to them for a bit. They remembered me.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...laSandraMe.jpg

senior
    Reputatie
    Great pic, Martina!
    ... Thank you Tess for the report translation about the Junior Competition (and to Mihaela, Cata and Mary for the original reports). Congratulations to both girls for their competition, and hopefully Angy wil be healthy soon enough.

Here is what I found about the romanian nominative entries at the Maribor World Cup in 2 weeks:
    -Daniela Druncea is scheduled to compete all 4 events (I wonder what her VT2 will be)
    -Gabriela Dragoi will compete on UB-BB-FX
    -Cerasela was originally scheduled to compete, but it is obvious that she can not now ... so I hope they'll send a 3rd gymnast instead of her.
    Source: http://www.salamunov-memorial.com/po...tWrap&page=WAG

Of course these entries are always subject to change until the last days before.

Reputatie
    Thank you Martina for this pic!!!Great
    Sri Ea you gave me a good news...I am really happy to see that Dana Druncea is going to compete all 4 events. I can`t wait to see her vault ( i hope it will be a DTY) and her floor.
    Maybe the third gymnast will be Acatrinei...I don`t know
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    so nice picture!! thx a lot, Martina
    I wish I also had the courage to go to them at the Europeans last year...but I was a bit shy, as I am twice as tall as them, I thought I'd might scare them off
    But maybe I(we) manage at the Nationals in June, which I am so happy I can attend

SriEa, thanks a lot for coming again with such good news...I can't wait to see Dana compete all 4 events. I hope she came back to her original exercises, if not even improved them! I would like to see Acatrinei or Stanculescu as the third gymnast, replacing Cerasela.

Reputatie
    Martina, thanks A LOT for the photo And Sri Ea, thanks for the good news about Druncea. And I hope someone will finally tape Dragoi's beam

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Thank you for all the news and pictures!

Reputatie
    Thanks for the results and reports from the school championships. Congratulations Irina! And Angy (Angelica?) too for competing all 4 events. Hope you are healthy soon again! Did I read it correct that Irina_P wrote in the Romanian section that complete results will availeble in 2 days (zilei is day or week?). Or did I completely make that up?

Ioana, I think your Dutch is very well. You made a great effort. I have a classmate at university from Romania and she also tries to learn Dutch, but she says it is very difficult.

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by TessaW View Post
    Congratulations Irina!

zilei is day or week?
    Thank you!

zile=days

Reputatie
    I`m happy you like the photo!

Also about the next World Cup that sounds great! It`s good, that Romania is sending out some other girls to them too, and I hope they will do well! It would be wonderful if they would replace Cerasela with another gymnasts instead of just skipping on the spot.

In Cottbus Stela was very sad on Sunday after she fell off beam! I saw her sitting on a bench crying - it broke my heart!!
    It was great to see she was smiling and happy again at the banquet that evening though!

Reputatie
    About the World Cup... Today appeared this article: http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...ndiala-2558424
    Forminte inspired himself from the MAG team who said no World Cups for boys until Europeans, just intense training, and decided he won't send any of the girls to World Cups for 2 months. He said that way they could train without pauses and will hopefully avoid injuries. The next competition for girls will be at the end of May, in Constanta. (An amical meet with Great Britain)
    --[B]Blaise Pascal:[/B]
    It is the fight alone that pleases us, not the victory.

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinaE View Post
    I`m happy you like the photo!
    Like it? Love it! Thank you to you for picture and inside half sad story and to all of you (Sri Ea, TessaW, Nicole) for your contribution to this forum.

By the way, we plan to get together on June at Ploiesti at Romanian National. Any hope to see you there?