Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: English Forum: the beginning

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by TessaW View Post
    See you on saturday, I keep an eye out for Romanian flags. I'll try to catch something of the Romanian training this afternoon, depends on my work
    Thanks! We would be very grateful

Reputatie
    I saw the first part of the training. It was pretty cold in the hall. The team entered wearing thick wintercoats. Amelia, Ana and Diana kept wearing gloves during the warm up. They wore red training leos with black and gold. They looked nice in it. Romania first went on bars. Ana was doing the combo 1,5 pirouette to yeager much better than I have seen her do in competitions. She finished the turn almost in handstand. Amelia did her dismount combo many times: 1,5 pirouette to double front. It looked good! Gabriela looked good too. Only her gienger is so slow, and she looses all her rythm with it. Perfect full in dismounts. Cerasela did not do as many repetitions as the others. Love her high tkatchev. Good double front DM. Sandra helped preparing the bars all the time and the girls encouraged each other during the routines and applauded when it went well.

Beam: Raluca has problems with the back full. Only twice she stayed on the beam, out of the 10 times she tried. The rest of the routine was pretty stable. All of them were stable. Only a few wobbles, but especially Ana, Sandra and Cerasela did their jobs almost effortless time after time. Ana fell once on a leap, but I have not seen her wobble the entire practice. Did 5 ff-ff LO without a problem. Gabi fell also once and wobbled a few times after her double spin. Sandra only did double twists dismounts, the rest I did not see do any dismounts but I had to leave 5 minuted before the end of the beamrotation.

Reputatie
    Thank you, Tessa! You are incredible!

Reputatie
    Thanks very much Tessa!
    “Artistry is nice. We always like artistry.”-Marta Karolyi

sport legend
    Reputatie
    thank you Tessa!

Reputatie
    Thanks, Tessa! See you there, then

Reputatie
    thank you,tessa!
    numele meu complet:Mitzilin Printzesuk Dragutzik Scumpik Frumusik Hannah Montana

Reputatie
    Thank you, Tessa!
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    I saw the practice today. Amelia was there, but just did a couple of swings on bars. Then she disappeared for a while and returned, but she remained seeted on the chairs and did not do anything anymore. I noticed a piece of tape on her upperback during the first part of training. It is the same place as where she iced yesterday.

About practice:
    Cerasela was doing bar routine after barroutine on one barsset, the rest of the team was on the other (inlcuding Amelia for the start, that is why I though Cera would be the alternate. But then Amelia disappeared and came back not training again). They looked good on bars, but Gabi was struggling to get through her routine. Raluca, Ana and Diana did well.

Beam: All six did beam. Raluca struggled again with the full. Ana nailed every set. Gabi had some problems with a front somi and her double twist dismount.

Floor: Only 4 girls did floor. Gabi and Cera did not. Maybe they will only do 4 routines in competution? It is a risk, but all 4 should be able to score good. They all did well in their tumbles. Ana: full in. Diana: DLO, ful in, nailed her whip-tripple twist. Sandra: full in, triple twist. Raluca; triple twist, full in.

Vault: Diana did a DTY, the rest did only single ones. Raluca piked hers down a lot. The coaches make her look at Sandra how she does is. Sandra got a lot of height. In podiumtraining both of them dit a DTY, today they did not.
    Gabi did not vault.

Reputatie
    yes! finally some news! you are the best, Tessa!

sport legend
    Reputatie
    thank you thank you thank you!
    however, I hope Cerasela is well. I don't know why she doesn't train fx.

Reputatie
    Thank you Tessa!
    “Artistry is nice. We always like artistry.”-Marta Karolyi

Reputatie
    Thank you again, Tessa!
    I, too, believe they will only present 4 FX routines. Gabi and Cerasela don't have competitive D scores yet.
    [COLOR="DimGray"]~ [B]STELA NISTOR[/B] ~~~ [B]ALIN JIVAN[/B] ~[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Game.[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]Set.[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]Match.[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="DimGray"]ANDREI PAVEL
    Steaua [SIZE="3"]noastra[/SIZE], nu a [SIZE="1"]voastra[/SIZE]! [/COLOR][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TiUirrZ4nY#t=2m29s[/url]

sport legend
    Reputatie
    but this is dangerouse... what if one of the first 4 girls has an under 10, or 11 routine? if healthy, they should try to step in...

Reputatie
    That a horrible scenario, it would mean 2-3 falls in one exercise..
    But if that happens, Gabi or Cera may perform their routines even if they did not practise them at the last training session.

And I still don't know if it is that risky, I think the qualification into the team final is safe enough even with an 11 score.
    [COLOR="DimGray"]~ [B]STELA NISTOR[/B] ~~~ [B]ALIN JIVAN[/B] ~[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Game.[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]Set.[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]Match.[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="DimGray"]ANDREI PAVEL
    Steaua [SIZE="3"]noastra[/SIZE], nu a [SIZE="1"]voastra[/SIZE]! [/COLOR][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TiUirrZ4nY#t=2m29s[/url]

Reputatie
    But let's hope it doesn't happen....ever!
    [SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

incepator
    Reputatie

Fabrica de Medalii

Hello all,

My computer crashed and I lost many of my saved videos...does anybody have copies of all the Fabrica de Medalii / Medal Factory episodes? I can only find a few on youtube....Thank you!

sport legend
    Reputatie
    you can find through these pages the links...
    http://www.onlinesport.ro/forum/show...184247&page=89
    sorry I don't have the time now to search through it, but if you don't find them I will try in the weekend to select them
    (and hope the links are still valid)

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    Hello all,

My computer crashed and I lost many of my saved videos...does anybody have copies of all the Fabrica de Medalii / Medal Factory episodes? I can only find a few on youtube....Thank you!
    Hi Caliban.
    Check this page http://www.sandraizbasa.ro/english/medalfactory.html
    You have to be patient but the videos should load ok. Tell me if you can see them.

incepator
    Reputatie
    Thanks monalexa and ancaqwe! Unfortunately the videos don't all load on the Sandra Izbasa page (those that do are the ones currently available on youtube), but I'm slowly going through the "aparitii TV" pages and finding links....hopefully I'll recover them all! Thanks again!

Reputatie
    Haha, reading what I wrote 3 years ago about Noël van Klaveren. Boy has she come a long way!
    The only others that still compete are Lisa Top (returning form elbow injury, Melissa Scherpenisse, Julia Bombach and Maartje Ruikes.

Tess Moonen retired, she had a lot of psychological problems due to mental abuse and neglected injuries from her former coach.
    Tessa Gerrits had many injuries and retired last year.
    Ayla Wilbrink retired after the test event last year, to concentrate on her school.
    Serena Vlijt retired after nationals, iird 2 years ago.
    Saskia Meekma retired last year. She had a terrible fall from UB when she was young and never really came over her fear for the apparatus. She was not allowed to train at the National trainingcenter in Heerenveen anymore after last year because she was nog making enough progress. Now she is doing sports acrobatics and her coach says she has a great future ahead of her!
    Elise Bats retired two months ago after many injuries.
    Shirley de Boer transferred to a lower level.
    Elze Geurts too I think.
    Tessa Alberts transferred to sailing, she made the junior europeans last year, She also had simular experiences as Tess Moonen.

Quote Originally Posted by TessaW View Post
    About the juniors at nationals

The absolute best was Tess Moonen. She qualified for the Youth Olympics in Singapore. Let's see what she can do there against Didi Bulimar. I give Tess a good chance to medal again on beam! She is a lovely gymnast. Good form, poised, easy style. High front pike vault and straight yourchenko. An upgrade with a twist will be the next step. Bars is also nice, shaposhnikova, high yeager, double pike off. Beam is great, the only weak point is her DM: front full. Being a junior she still gets the 0.5 credit for a c-dismount, but next year she needs a D (same as bars and floor). My guess is they are working on that very hard. Floor is her weakest event. She needs to upgrade her tumbling.
    videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mHviJ2YSwg bars AA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blDsAsC4BRU vt AA
    beam AA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2fknKNLLnI
    fx AA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqK_2vqELo4
    in Ef's she won bars and beam

Surprise of the year is Lisa Top (96). Last year she medalled in youth category on vault. In the summer she switched clubs to Heerenveen. She trains with Celine van Gerner, Jocelynn Kraan, Joy Goedkoop and junior Saskia Meekma. She cleaned up her form and learned new elements like full in on floor. At her old club there were not many elites. Now she lives in a host family during the week and goes home friday night. Sunday morning she goes back.
    She was 2nd AA, won VT and floor. On vault she has a high front half and front piked. She is working on upgrades. On bars is is still a bit messy, and has to work hard, but is also a lot better than last year. On beam she is much more consistent. Nice work, already pretty dificult. 1,5 DM, but used to be a double. Maybe she is working on a 2,5? Floor is her best event, with full in, double pike, 2,5 twist and double front twist. definately one to watch, if injuries stay away!

Third was Tessa Gerrits, who was also in the junior euro team. She also surprised me. Her form is great, beautiful toe-point. She trains at Turning Spirit Amsterdam, who have a nice crop of juniors coming up. She is always smiling, I like her beam routine best, She stuck her FTY!

4th: Ayla Wilbrink (also in junior euro team). Powerful girl. Has a DLO from bars, but last year she did one with a full twist! Hopefully she can get is back. FTY and nice floor. Beam is clearly her weakest event. Trains at Bosan TON with the Wevers sisters, Wyomi Masela, Sanne de Smet and Yvette Moshage.

5th: Melissa Scherpenisse, teammate of Ayla. A couple of years ago she won the little gymnasts nationals, but her progress seems to stock a bit. She transfered to Bosan TON 2 years ago and needs to learn new techniques. She is struggling with bars the entire season. I cannot remember one single routine that she finished without falling. Sadly she fell from bars in warm ups for event finals and broke her elbow. Poor girl. Hope she recovers soon. Best events are VT and FX. She certaintly has the potential, but it has not come out fully yet. Maybe next year will be better.

6th: Noël van Klaveren, my sentimental favourite. Very small but powerfull girl. Will already be senior next year, unbelievable. She comes from a small club, where she cannot train a lot. Only 12 hours a week. Since a couple of months she is also training at Turning Spirit Amsterdam, to be able to make more hours. She has great skills, esp on floor (triple twist, double pike) but lacks a bit of consistency due to limited trainingtime. She was injured (hand and hamstring) but is on her way back. Now she is training more, I think we will hear much more fromher, if you see what she can do with only 12 hours of training. Best event is floor.

7th: Serena Vlijt. Beautiful gymnast from Bosan TON. Had a horrible accident last year at nationals. With beam DM she crashed on her head. Still does only a front somi of the beam, maybe she is still scared. Has a DLO dm from bars though, so seems also on her way back.

8th: Nikki Olijve, teammate of Serena. She announced her retirement after nationals. A wrist injury that even after 4 months of rest was not getting better. she has grown a lot since last year. Not a little girl anymore but a beautiful young woman. She chooses for her health now and want to go to a dance academy. She came back just for nationals, to leave gymnastics with a good feeling. She was 5th in BB and FX finals and feels satisfied. Good for her.

9th Saskia Meekma (heerenveen). Had a terrible accident 2 years ago with a crash from bars. I still remember her scream. Her elbow was completely broken. On her way back. beam is er best event, but she lacks difficulty elsewhere. Her coaches take it slowly with her, but in the future with a bit more time she can be a very good gymnast. Not a surprise that beam is her best event. She was adopted from Romania when she was little. She is from Turgu Mures and her official name is Szasz Imola Meekma.

10 Julia Bombach (hazenkamp nijmegen). Quite tall for a gymnast

11 Elise Bats (Bosan TON). Has not the difficulty of her teammates, but is a nice one to watch.
    12 Shirley de Boer. From the former club of Lisa Top. Had been injured all year, on her way back.
    13 Elze Geurts, very tall, and does not have the difficulty or form to be the best. But nice she tries!
    14. Maartje Ruikes. Very small gymnast. Lovely to watch. did not compete floor, hope she is not injured. Beam is her best event and FX is very funny. She should grow a bit to get some more power. Then she can be very good.
    15 Tessa Alberts. (Pro patria). Only competed beam due to an elbow injury. she can hardly use her arm but maneges to have already nice difficulty and form. needs a bit more stability, Took the bronze medal on beam.
    Last edited by TessaW; 28th May 2013 at 17:23.