Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: English Forum: the beginning

Reputatie
    Yes, it`s an older one but it`s the only one we have about Dana as a coach. We have it on the romanian forum and i thought that would be interesting to have it here too for our visitors from abroad.
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyy View Post
    Yes, it`s an older one but it`s the only one we have about Dana as a coach. We have it on the romanian forum and i thought that would be interesting to have it here too for our visitors from abroad.
    Ok

senior
    Reputatie
    Hello everyone!
    Thanks for this nice forum so informative and for this thread in english where I can act less shy than I used to be.
    ( BTW It's thanks to you crisloregym that I have discovered it since you mentioned it on GW today... Silly me I had been browsing the whole forum for months mostly digging through the "Diverse 2008" but I had never discovered this little english corner)
    Here I am then, ready to speak about gymnastics.

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Ea View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Thanks for this nice forum so informative and for this thread in english where I can act less shy than I used to be.
    ( BTW It's thanks to you crisloregym that I have discovered it since you mentioned it on GW today... Silly me I had been browsing the whole forum for months mostly digging through the "Diverse 2008" but I had never discovered this little english corner)
    Here I am then, ready to speak about gymnastics.
    Welcome Sri Ea! This forum is better having such a gymnastics expert along us! I've seen your name many times as a reference to lots of info posted here!
    Crisloregym is one of our best "uncover reporter" and I am glad she advertised this forum!
    Once again, Welcome to our family!

Reputatie
    welcome, SriEa! really nice that you joined us, I was starting to wonder if anybody would join us here except for Martina

At this moment there are a looot of discussions about the Europeans, about what happened yesterday mainly.
    We are very sad for what happened to Cerasela, I personally feel like screeming, it's so unfair!! But, although there is no compensation, it would be so nice if her teammates could focus and win the title (also) for her...it would be so impressive to see her there, on the podium with the other girls and the national anthem...

Severino I also feel very bad for, she ended her carier in such a sad way...with this new code we see many injuries at every competition and that's just not normal

Moreover, there are worries about the juniors, if they could get a medal or not...but, at this point, I only wish that they stay healthy. That's the most important! In the future they'll be our hopes for the senior medals.
    Last edited by ioanavol; 4th April 2008 at 19:22.

sport legend
    Reputatie
    If Cris advertised this froum, I think I have to copy here the link to tvr video about Cerasela. (Original in the other thread about CE in this forum posted by myrab3la_19). They say that Cerasela's right knee ligaments are "affected" not broken. If was true, the news is a good one!
    http://www.tvr.ro/articol.php?id=34276&c=137
    Last edited by Tess_AN; 4th April 2008 at 20:38.

Reputatie
    Welcome, Sri Ea...we are sooo glad to have you here, with us...if you have any questions, please ask them, we will be delighted to answer you if we can.

As Ioanavol said, our biggest concern right now is that the Juniors stay healthy. I also agree gymnastics became very strange (to not use a worse word)...I believe it's INACCEPTABLE to end Europeans with at least 10 gymnasts (juniors + seniors) going back home injured and with SEVERE injuries for all...

Reputatie
    Our juniors were just about to get on the podium...I am glad they managed to arrive here (and they could have also got the silver, if they had at least one big mistake less). We notice their progress and that's good...especially the fact that we had 3 gymnasts in the first 10 places is a good thing.
    Anyway, as I said before, we need them to be on top in 1-2 years and, most important, in London. But in order to get there they need to train a lot and to stay healthy (btw, I am so sorry for Diana Chelaru, she was so promising...I hope she comes back asap). Today I think that they've done everything they could, under the circumstances (being only 4, knowing about Cerasela's problems...)
    I am sorry that Ana Porgras didn't make it into the floor final (I really love her routine), but we still have 4 possibilities for good places in the beam and floor events...so let's cross fingers
    Last edited by ioanavol; 5th April 2008 at 00:48.

Reputatie
    a bit late (everybody knows them already)...but just for the record

Final results team competition EC2008:
    VT-UB-BB-FX
    1 ROU Romania 44.050 (1) 45.075 (3) 46.450 (1) 45.950 (1) 181.525
    2 RUS Russia 44.000 (2) 46.075 (1) 45.550 (3) 43.850 (4) 179.475
    3 FRA France 42.375 (7) 44.525 (4) 45.200 (4) 45.075 (2) 177.175
    4 ITA Italy 43.700 (3) 43.575 (7) 44.525 (5) 43.975 (3) 175.775
    5 UKR Ukraine 42.150 (8) 44.250 (5) 45.625 (2) 43.450 (5) 175.475
    6 GBR Great Britain 43.450 (4) 45.475 (2) 42.025 (7) 43.100 (6) 174.050
    7 GER Germany 42.700 (5) 44.125 (6) 41.375 (8) 42.650 (7) 170.850
    8 NED Netherlands 42.650 (6) 41.050 (8) 42.100 (6) 41.025 (8) 166.825

Congratulations ROMANIA!!

Good luck today!

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Good luck Romania!
    Good luck for Stela, Sandra and Ana-Maria!

Reputatie
    Congratlations to our girls and good luck for today I have a good feeling about today

Reputatie
    gold and silver for our juniors on beam...great!!!
    1. Ana Porgras (ROU) 15.700
    2. Amelia Racea (ROU) 15.150
    3. Nabieva (RUS) 15.150

Reputatie
    Another medal for our juniors..this time on floor:
    -bronze: Amelia Racea.
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    And Amelia is not even 14 years old

Good job Ana and Amelia! Congratulations!

Reputatie
    Awww, thank you so much for your so nice welcome on here everyone!

I am so happy Romania won the gold yesterday!! I would have loved to see more of their routines though! I love Sandra`s new floor routine!!
    I also really really hope Cerasela`s injury will turn out to not be too bad!!

Does anyone have more information about the National School Championships in Buzau?
    There was that article on the girls of Dinamo and Monica Rosu being one of their coaches now, but the article was not there when I tried to look it up. Can someone possibly remember what it said?

About Maxi Gnauk - she is working as a coach in Switzerland for a couple years now. She is working in the training center in Liestal which is not far away from Basel. She was at the international competition in Uster with some of her gymnasts in 2006. This photo is from there: http://www.gymnasticsunited.com/Foto...200602Maxi.htm
    Last edited by MartinaE; 6th April 2008 at 17:56.

Reputatie
    Hi Martina,

we are still celebrating, that's why we answer a bit slowly on this topic

the National School Championships will take place next week (10-13 April). Monica Rosu is a coach at Dinamo Bucharest and the kids she trains will also participate in this competition. Here it is the article (but in Romanian):http://www.realitatea.net/162167_Gim...-sporturi.html

Pls let me know if you want a translation.

Reputatie
    Thanks a lot for posting a link to that article again! It is awesome to see Monica is coaching now - she used to be one of my favorite Romanian gymnasts, so it`s great to see she`s still sticking with the sport.
    If you don`t mind I would love to read a sum up of what the article says - thank you!

Reputatie
    Hi, Martina, thanks for the picture with Maxi Gnauck
    Ioana, I'll let you translate...I'm not that good translating from Romanian into English unfortunatelly. I tried, but the result is not good at all

Reputatie
    Well, I see Ioana isn't here anyway, so I will try...
    They say the gymnasts start doing gymnastics from the age of 4. Dinamo juniors work hard to be new Nadia girls. The little girls want to catch everybody's attention doing different exercises, under the supervision of Monica Rosu.

In order to be in a good shape for the competition in Buzau, the juniors from Dinamo club train almost all week long. Sunday is the single day when they go out in the parc to have a walk. Even if they have pain in their hands, they just go on training. One of them is Marina, a little girl of 4 years old.

With two golds won in 2004 in Athens, Monica Rosu knows what skills a gymnast needs to be able to do elite gymnastics. "Just a little bit from all: talent, luck and a lot of power to want to be a elite gymnast."

Reputatie
    Thanks so much for the translation! Wow, sounds like those kids are really hard workers already! I hope they will do very well next weekend!

Reputatie
    thanks a lot Cris, I had to leave for a bit, needed to do my Dutch homework

the translation sounds well, don't worry