Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oksana Domnina/Maxim Shabalin

Reputatie
    eu cred ca au facut o gresealanu vad de ce sa nu ramana la vechii antrenori....

Reputatie
    de mult nu am mai scris pe forum....zilele astea ma uitam la ceva programe de-ale lor,sunt pur si simplu superbi....sper sa ii vad si la europenele din 2009 pe cea mai inalta treapta a podiumului!

Reputatie
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie
    ms mult de poze.....
    ce scumpa e Oksana...si imi place rochia ei!

Reputatie
    Uu..ce frumosi sunt
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]There's no point in being grown up if u can't be childish sometimes.[/FONT]

Reputatie
    Am pus interviul si pe topicul Tarasovei dar poate nu toata lumea l-a vazut...

E destul de directa in ceea ce ii priveste pe Oksana si Maxim

Seeing how we started with the sad news, I’ll allow myself another question – what really happened with Maxim Shabalin in Helsinki?

For a very long time, I had no information about his and Oksana Domnina. It was all a secret. In fact, Maxim’s leg was in a poor shape following the two surgeries, and he want to Germany for rehabilitation at the end of last season. That was a good move, and I was involved directly in it, helping plan the trip.

Last fall, I planned to go to US to see how Domnina and Shabalin prepared to the season, but I wasn’t allowed to go. Natalya Linichuk, the guys’ coach since they left Alexei Gorshkov, said, “Give me some time, and it will all be OK”. Well, Linichuk is a competent coach. If she took the step of withdrawing the team from competition, she must have had her reasons.

None the less, you did not support this?

I was against such decision.

Why?

I guess I am a maximalist. I always believed that the athlete should not withdraw from competition after the decision to compete is taken. Maxim took the ice in Helsinki, he practiced, and everyone saw him skate. One of the practices wasn’t very successful, but the other one was completely normal. The kids did everything they had to do in the program. They had no plans to withdraw. However, after their fall in the compulsory dance, their coach insisted they quit.

They have to save themselves. They have to do it with healthy nerves, and without outside help. It turns out Domnina and Shabalin can only compete when they have “their” judge on the panel. It is a support, for what it’s worth. There was no Russian ice dance judge in Helsinki.

This, by the way, makes the victory of Yana Khokhlova and Sergei Novitski that much more significant. I am very happy for them, as well as for their coaches Sasha Svinin and Ira Zhuk. I managed to raise a team that can be relied on. What’s more, Khokhlova and Novitski were for many years designated to the number two spot, but they managed to break through anyway. They did without “their” judge and without mistakes.

Athletes’ strength is precisely in approaching any competition not counting on anyone else. They shouldn’t need anyone else on the ice. They shouldn’t hold on to anyone, not on to the coach, and most certainly no on to the judge.

Could it be that Shabalin’s withdrawal was indeed dictated by strong pains in the leg?

Why was it that nobody worried last year, when Shabalin was allowed to train nine days after the surgery? What were the ones who let him onto the ice thinking? Indeed, all that is happening now is in an inevitable progression. You know - the knee that was operated on twice will hurt into old age. Different substances will collect there. One either has to learn to work with it and work through the pain, or give up the sport.

How do you judge the perspectives of our pair skaters at the upcoming Worlds?

I like both our teams a lot. Objectively, they aren’t yet ready to lead. They are, though, improving, and that make me happy
    Restul interviului aici: http://www.onlinesport.ro/forum/show...91#post2430191
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie
    foarte directa intr-adevar. imi plac interviurile cu ea. chiar zpune ceva, nu sunt interviuri din alea politically correct.
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    There's a new message from Oksana and Max on their Official Website. Currently in the USA, they were unable to come to the site and post it themselves, but they wanted to make sure the fans got their message:

Quote:We are very upset that we weren’t able to live up to your expectations at the European Championship. Thanks to all of you for your support, kind words and congratulations! Now we have already returned to the States and started our preparations for the World Championship. Maxim is recovering from his injury, but we have already resumed intensive trainings. The God will help us and everything will be ok! We hope for it!
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...8&postcount=11

Reputatie
    Site-ul oficial: ( in rusa deocamdata )
    http://domnina-shabalin.ru

Aici un topic unde gasiti traduceri ale raspunsurilor Oksanei la intrebarile fanilor de pe guest-book, dar si alte detalii despre ei:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63985

Reputatie
    Site-ul oficial are si versiune in limba engleza:
    http://en.domnina-shabalin.ru/

Reputatie
    foarte tare site-ul lor....ms de link!

Reputatie
    Cum e aia: CAMPIONII, CAMPIONII, OLE, OLE, OLE !!!!!!!
    Bravo lor ! Superbi !

Reputatie
    Aveam incredere ca vor castiga....de nebatut!
    Bravo!

Reputatie

Reputatie
    foarte dragutza sedinta foto....ms de poze!

Reputatie
    Ce frumosi sunt.
    Puiule de om, tu când visezi
    Lumea ne-o rearanjezi
    Stârnești, de vrei, păsări de foc și zmei
    Și zâmbetul tău, curat și el
    Are paradis în el.

Reputatie
    Imi place a 2-a poza
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]There's no point in being grown up if u can't be childish sometimes.[/FONT]

Reputatie
    Am intrat pe site-ul lor oficial si am vazut poza asta.
    http://domnina-shabalin.ru/photo/28-0-1496
    Si pana nu am citit descrierea nu mi-am dat seama cine sunt celelalte doua.
    Puiule de om, tu când visezi
    Lumea ne-o rearanjezi
    Stârnești, de vrei, păsări de foc și zmei
    Și zâmbetul tău, curat și el
    Are paradis în el.

Reputatie
    Conform Isu s-au retras din ambele Gp-uri.
    : Domnina, Shabalin out of Grand Prix due to an aggravation of his knee problems. Unfortunate but no surprise.
    http://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/statuses/4912678074
    Last edited by Iulya; 16th October 2009 at 14:21.

Reputatie
    Russian pair losing race against time
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs...rticle1414214/

Reputatie
    Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin
    On the comeback trail
    http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/010210.shtml