Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Patinajul in SUA

Reputatie
    Fifteen U.S. skaters head to L.A. for world champs
    Abbott, Belbin and Agosto lead talented Americans in California

The 2009 ISU World Figure Skating Championships will take place next week in Los Angeles, where the world's best figure skaters will vie for four world titles: ladies, men's, pairs and ice dancing. Fifteen top U.S. skaters will be among them, including the reigning ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final champion Jeremy Abbott, as well as three-time world ice dancing medalists Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto.

The event, which will be broadcast on NBC and Oxygen, takes place March 22-29 at the STAPLES Center in downtown L.A. More than 200 athletes from at least 50 countries will compete for podium spots. For the full list of skaters, please visit www.isu.org.

LADIES

Reigning U.S. champion Alissa Czisny (No. 16 in the icenetwork.com World Figure Skater Rankings) leads the U.S. ladies contingent. Czisny won gold at the 2008 U.S. Collegiate Championships and the 2008 Nebelhorn Trophy and finished third at Skate Canada and fourth at the Cup of Russia.

Czisny will be joined by 2009 U.S. silver medalist Rachael Flatt (No. 10), who will make her first appearance at the senior world championships. She is the 2008 world junior champion and a two-time U.S. silver medalist. She won silver this season at the Cup of Russia and finished fourth at Skate America.

MEN

The U.S. men are a talented trio, headlined by Abbott (No. 3), who became the first American man to bring home the gold from the Grand Prix Final. On top of winning the Cup of China and finishing fourth at the Cup of Russia, he was crowned the 2009 U.S. champion in January.

Abbott will be joined by two-time world bronze medalist Evan Lysacek (No. 7) and 2009 U.S. silver medalist Brandon Mroz (No. 16). Lysacek earned bronze at the 2009 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships and followed that with a silver medal at the 2009 Four Continents Championships. Mroz came in fifth at the Trophée Eric Bompard and seventh at Skate Canada.

PAIRS

The U.S. pairs teams of Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker (No. 8) and Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett (unranked) will each be making their debuts at the senior world championships. McLaughlin and Brubaker, the 2007 world junior champions, captured their second consecutive U.S. pairs title at the 2009 U.S. Championships. They won silver at Skate America and bronze at Skate Canada. The newly formed team of Denney and Barrett were the surprise silver medalists at the 2009 U.S. Championships.

ICE DANCING

2006 Olympic silver medalists Belbin and Agosto (No. 5) will return to the competitive circuit for the first time since their withdrawal from the 2008 Grand Prix Final and the 2009 U.S. Championships due to Agosto's back injury. The five-time U.S. champions collected silver medals this season at Skate America and the Cup of China. The veterans are competing in their ninth consecutive world championships; they won silver in 2005 and bronze in 2006 and 2007.

Newly crowned U.S. champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White (No. 3) return to the world championships looking to improve upon last year's sixth-place finish. They brought home bronze from this year's Grand Prix Final and won the gold last month at the Four Continents Championships.

This will be the first world championships appearance for 2008 world junior champions, 2009 U.S. silver medalists and 2009 Four Continents bronze medalists Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates (No. 9). In their first season in the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, the duo won bronze at the NHK Trophy and came in fourth at Skate America.

THE COMPETITION

Medal contenders in the ladies division include Grand Prix Final champion and reigning world champion Mao Asada (No. 2) of Japan, Grand Prix Final runner-up and Four Continents champion Yu-Na Kim (No. 1) of Korea, and 2008 world silver medalist and 2009 Grand Prix Final bronze medalist Carolina Kostner (No. 3) of Italy.

The men's title is up for grabs with the retirement of 2008 world champion Jeffrey Buttle of Canada. 2008 runner-up and 2007 world champion Brian Joubert (No. 1) of France will look to claim his second world title. He goes up against Four Continents champion Patrick Chan (No. 2) of Canada, as well as Grand Prix Final silver medalist Takahiko Kozuka (No. 5) of Japan.

In pairs, last year's world champions, Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy (No. 1) of Germany, will take on China's Qing Pang and Jian Tong (No. 2), champions at this season's Grand Prix Final and Four Continents Championships.

The Grand Prix Final ice dancing champions and reigning world titlists, Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder (No. 1) of France, withdrew from the competition due to injury. Russians Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin (No. 2) return to the world championships after a one-year hiatus from the event. The Grand Prix Final silver medalists hope to improve upon their fifth-place finish from worlds in 2007.

U.S. Team at the 2009 World Championships
    Name (Hometown) / Training Town

Ladies
    • Czisny (Bowling Green, Ohio) / Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
    • Flatt (Del Mar, Calif.) / Colorado Springs, Colo.

Men
    • Abbott (Aspen, Colo.) / Colorado Springs, Colo.
    • Lysacek (Los Angeles) / El Segundo, Calif.
    • Mroz (St. Louis) / Colorado Springs, Colo.

Pairs
    • Denney (Wesley Chapel, Fla.) and Barrett (Venice, Fla.) / Ellenton, Fla.
    • McLaughlin (Los Angeles) and Brubaker (Algonquin, Ill.) / Colorado Springs, Colo.

Ice Dancing
    • Belbin (Kingston, Ontario) and Agosto (Chicago) / Aston, Pa.
    • Davis (West Bloomfield, Mich.) and White (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.) / Canton, Mich.
    • Samuelson (Ann Arbor, Mich.) and Bates (Ann Arbor, Mich.) / Ann Arbor, Mich.

2009 World Championships Broadcast Schedule

March 26
    12:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. ET -- Oxygen (Live)
    11:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. ET -- Oxygen (Live)

March 27
    4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. ET -- Oxygen
    6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. ET -- Oxygen (Live)

March 28
    12:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. ET -- Oxygen (Live)
    9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. ET -- NBC (Live)

U.S. Figure Skating

U.S. Figure Skating is the national governing body for the sport of figure skating in the United States, as recognized by the United States Olympic Committee and the International Skating Union. U.S. Figure Skating is comprised of more than 763 member clubs and Basic Skills Programs representing approximately 179,000 members. U.S. Figure Skating is charged with the development of the sport on all levels within the United States, including athletes, officials, sanctioning of events and exhibitions, and establishing the rules and guidelines by which the sport is governed.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...e_pressrelease
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie
    Team envelopes for 2009-10 announced for U.S.

(04/28/2009) - U.S. Figure Skating announced today the individuals and teams that will compose the A, B and C team envelopes for the 2009-10 season. Those athletes assigned to the Reserve team envelope will be announced at a later date.

The envelope level is primarily determined by the athlete's performance in international and U.S. Figure Skating competitions during the previous season, and is used to determine funding levels. It is not used as a strict guideline for selections to international competitions.

Team A
    Ladies: Alissa Czisny, Rachael Flatt
    Men: Jeremy Abbott, Evan Lysacek, Brandon Mroz, Johnny Weir
    Pairs: Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett, Keauna McLaughlin and Rockne Brubaker
    Dance: Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto, Meryl Davis and Charlie White

Team B
    Ladies: Becky Bereswill, Alexe Gilles, DeeDee Leng, Mirai Nagasu, Ashley Wagner, Caroline Zhang
    Men: Ryan Bradley, Stephen Carriere, Richard Dornbush, Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Ross Miner, Adam Rippon
    Pairs: Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir, Brooke Castile and Ben Okolski, Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig, Rena Inoue and John Baldwin, Tracy Tanovich and Michael Chau
    Dance: Madison Chock and Greg Zuerlein, Madison Hubbell and Keiffer Hubbell, Kim Navarro and Brent Bommentre, Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates, Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani

Team C

Ladies: Kiri Baga, Melissa Bulanhagui, Amanda Dobbs, Christina Gao, Kristiene Gong, Katrina Hacker, Ellie Kawamura, Bebe Liang, Mary Beth Marley, Angela Maxwell, Kimmie Meissner, Kristine Musademba, Brittney Rizo, Angela Wang, Kendall Wyckoff
    Men: Jason Brown, Steven Evans, Joshua Farris, Grant Hochstein, Alexander Johnson, Austin Kanallakan, Keegan Messing, Curran Oi, Shaun Rogers
    Pairs: Molly Aaron and Daniyel Cohen, Cassie Andrews and Nicholas Anderson, Haven Denney and Daniel Raad, Olivia Gibbons and Tyler Harris, Chloe Katz and Joseph Lynch, Brittney Simpson and Nathan Miller, Caitlin Yankowskas and John Coughlin
    Dance: Lauri Bonacorsi and Travis Mager, Isabella Cannuscio and Ian Lorello, Piper Gilles and Zach Donohue, Lynn Kriengkrairut and Logan Giulietti-Schmitt, Anastasia Olson and Jordan Cowan, Trina Pratt and Chris Obzansky, Jane Summersett and Todd Gilles, Moriah Tabon and Matt Kleffman, Shannon Wingle and Tim McKernan.
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie
    stie cineva mai multe despre cariera Simonei Grigorescu? A reprezentat Romania sau a inceput patinajul in SUA dupa ce a emigrat cu parintii etc.? Este o coregrafa cunoscuta in SUA, a realizat coregrafiile mai multor patinatori americani ca surorile Czisny, Katrina Hacker etc., in perioada junioratului.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u0eb0NYJkg
    Last edited by andreeas; 30th April 2009 at 17:39.

Reputatie
    Nu prea stiu multe despre cariera ei de amatoare ..stiu ca s-a retras in 1982 din competitiile pentru amatori dar ce tara a reprezentat nu stiu.
    In prezent coregrafieaza diverse spectacole pe gheata ... dar si programe pentru diversi patinatori

Uite aici mai multe detalii
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news[
    Last edited by Iulya; 1st May 2009 at 00:01.

Reputatie
    multumesc iulya.
    pacat ca ai nostri nu ne prezinta si alti sportivi in afara de fotbalisti care s-au realizat in alte tari.

Reputatie
    "Cand simt nevoia de maretie, la Yagudin ma intorc."

Reputatie
    tot despre Michelle: Nu va reveni sezonul acesta!
    http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=43317

Kerrigan Honored at Sports Museum's 'Tradition'
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story...3199&type=news
    Last edited by whisper; 2nd August 2009 at 01:47.
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    The american Olympic team

http://www.afpbb.com/article/sports/...601672/4140983

niste poze f dragute
    Adevaratul erou nu este perfect. Adevaratul test al unui campion nu este daca poate triumfa, ci daca poate trece obstacolele - preferabil cele create chiar de el - pentru a triumfa...

Reputatie
    sunt mortale pozele em !!! in special johnny desigur !!!
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    U.S. figure skaters turn attention to world championships

VANCOUVER — Thirteen will be the magic number for U.S. figure skaters Mirai Nagasu and Rachael Flatt when they compete next month at the world championships in Torino, Italy.
    Nagasu, 16, was fourth in the Olympic women's competition that ended Thursday. Flatt, 17, was seventh. The USA had just two women's berths at this Olympics instead of the maximum three because of its placements at the 2009 worlds.

In Torino March 22-28, the USA will again have two women's spots. It can get back up to its accustomed level of three if Nagasu and Flatt at least duplicate their finishes at the Olympics.

Under the international format, a nation gets three spots at the next worlds if the combined finishes of its top two skaters at the previous worlds add up to 13 or less.

At 2009 worlds, Flatt was fifth and Ashley Wagner was 11. The total of their finishes was 16, limiting the USA to two spots at this Olympics and the 2010 worlds.

Getting that third spot back is another step for the USA in development for the next Olympics.

Nagasu, who is from Arcadia, Calif., was sixth after the women's short program. With her fifth in the free skate, she moved up to fourth overall in the total standings.

"After the short program, I was really disappointed," she says. "But after the long and fourth place in my first Olympics and I haven't got to the worlds yet … I think my best years are yet to come."

Nagasu won the U.S. title in 2008, but at age 14 she was too young to compete at worlds.

Flatt, who lives and trains in Colorado Springs, was fifth after the short program. Her seventh in the free skate dropped her to seventh overall. Flatt was marked down on two of her triple flip jumps in the long program. The markdowns surprised her.

"I thought the flips were fine when I watched the playback," she says. "I guess it's just something to work on for worlds. … I'm a little disappointed with my score having both my flips downgraded."

Now it's on to Torino, site of the 2006 Olympics.

"I achieved my goal of giving two solid (Olympic) performances, not only technically but emotionally, I guess," says Flatt.

Says Nagasu, "I'm just savoring every moment, and that's what Kristi Yamaguchi (1992 Olympic champion for the USA) told me to do. Next time, I hope to go for gold."

Back for more:

The favorite for the gold in Torino will be South Korea's Kim Yu-Na, who dominated the field as expected at the Olympics and piled up record scoring totals.

"I'm very happy that I was able to do everything I was doing during my practice," said Kim. "And I'm especially happy about the scores I received. … Everything I wanted to do, I was able to do."

Kim won the 2009 world title. In December, she won her third international Grand Prix title in four years. She illustrates that competing in world championships leading up to an Olympics is beneficial. She was third at the worlds in 2007 and 2008 before winning the gold last year.

Now, she is an Olympic champion, first medalist ever for her nation in Olympic figure skating.

"Actually, I still can't believe that I did what I wanted to do at the Olympics," says Kim. "I've been dreaming about this moment, and I can't believe that this is not a dream anymore."

Recap:

The U.S. won medals in two of the four disciplines, taking gold (Evan Lysacek) in the men's and silver (Meryl Davis and Charlie White) in ice dancing. Canada, Russia, China and Japan also each won two medals.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...a-follow_N.htm
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

Reputatie
    La Mondiale anul acesta Evan Lysacek va fi inlocuit de Ryan Bradley. Daca Jeremy isi revine si face programele de la nationale ar putea sa castige aurul.
    Fetlee ar face bine sa se claseze macar ca la olimpiada ca sa recastige cele 3 locuri. Mi-ar fi placut sa o vad si pe Ashley Wagner aici. In schimb au trimis-o la Mondialele de Juniori desi a despasit deja nivelul. Sper sa faca o figura frumoasa acolo si poate castiga aurul.

Reputatie

Navarro, Bommentre si-au anuntat retragerea

Navarro, Bommentre si-au anuntat retragerea
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...e_pressrelease

Reputatie

Reputatie
    Crema patinajului american (39 de patinatori si antrenorii lor) au participat la "Champs Camp" in Colorado Springs, Aug. 26-29. Include sedinte de antrenament, seminarii, video-uri promotionale si sedinte foto.
    Men (6): Abbott, Rippon, Mroz, Miner, Carriere, Hochstein
    Ladies (9): Flatt, Nagasu, Wagner, Czisny, Zhang, Zawadzki, Dobbs, Gilles, Musademba
    Pairs (5 teams): Denney/Barrett, Evora/Ladwig, Yankowskas/Coughlin, Castelli/Shnapir, Simpson/Miller
    Dance (7 teams): Davis/White, Samuelson/Bates, Chock/Zuerlein, Hubbell/Hubbell, Shibutani/Shibutani, Tibbetts/Brubaker, Cannuscio/Lorello.

Poze:
    http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...f13950578.html
    http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...f13984326.html
    http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...f14028762.html
    http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...f13990314.html
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 29th August 2010 at 09:32.

Reputatie
    revista Skating pe august/septembrie are vreo 80 de pagini.
    http://digital.publicationprinters.c...ation/?i=43691
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 3rd September 2010 at 23:46.

Reputatie
    Ryan Bradley s-a retras din activitatea competitionala
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...fTnjs5CJNQYAzw
    Chiar daca nu a fost niciodata un patinator de top mie imi pare rau k s-a retras, imi placea tare mult la el pasiunea si placerea cu care patina,capacitatea de a face spectacol ( din pacate o data cu el a cam disparut orice pata de culoare din patinajul american)
    "Că ai căzut nu are importanță deoarece numai modul în care te ridici contează" Nelson Mandela

"Figure skating needs to be aesthetic" Stephane Lambiel
    Echipa de Gimnastică a României-Simply the best

Reputatie
    Dupa despartirea de Caitlin Yankowskas de acum 2 saptamani, John Coughlin a declarat ca va patina cu Caydee Denney, care, la randul ei, s-a despartit in februarie de Jeremy Barrett. Ce increngaturi!
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ycoughlin.html

de asemena "Hubbell & Hubbell split up."
    http://www.universalsports.com/news-...id=533153.html
    Last edited by Tracoromana; 19th May 2011 at 00:50.

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracoromana View Post
    Dupa despartirea de Caitlin Yankowskas de acum 2 saptamani, John Coughlin a declarat ca va patina cu Caydee Denney, care, la randul ei, s-a despartit in februarie de Jeremy Barrett. Ce increngaturi!
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ycoughlin.html
    Nici una din perechile care au castigat ultimele patru titluri nationale nu mai exista ca atare. Asta da performanta, dar din pacate nu pe gheata.

Nu stiu cum a putut John s-o paraseasca pe Caitlin pentru Caydee. Poate ca tot raul ar fi spre bine fiindca Yankowskas merita un partener mai bun decat Coughlin, dar partenerii valorosi sunt foarte greu de gasit.

Reputatie
    "Că ai căzut nu are importanță deoarece numai modul în care te ridici contează" Nelson Mandela

Reputatie

Reputatie
    Si perechea Emily Samuelson si Evan Bates s-a despartit ( parca e o adevarata epidemie la cuplurile de peste ocean sa se desparta)
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011062...yssey=nav|head