Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isabelle Delobel/Olivier Schoenfelder

Reputatie
    stiati ca isabelle are o sora geamana care a patinat si ea la dansuri si a castigat medalii si acum e retrasa?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronique_Delobel
    "cand aduci un stadion de oameni pana in punctul de a-si rupe traheea cantand ..atunci esti un artist adevarat. de neuitat din primul rand"
    KC :dance:

Reputatie
    stiam ca are o sora geamana dar nu stiam ca a patinat si ea. am si vazut-o pe sora ei si mi-a creat mari confuzii
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    un site foarte frumos dedicat francezilor:
    http://laetitia.meriguet.free.fr/
    enjoy!
    mie imi place f mult
    Adevaratul erou nu este perfect. Adevaratul test al unui campion nu este daca poate triumfa, ci daca poate trece obstacolele - preferabil cele create chiar de el - pentru a triumfa...

Reputatie
    ce frumoasa e poza aia
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][SIZE="3"]La vie faut la vivre donc je la vis ...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

ex-EnyeGizeMalaika

Reputatie
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie
    Din ce inteleg eu nu cred ca vor fi prezenti la mondiale:
    Un interviu cu Isa:
    http://sport.france3.fr/tout-le-spor...p?page=accueil
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

Reputatie

Delobel continues rehab of her injured shoulder

(03/03/2009) - The question everyone involved in ice dancing seems to be asking is whether or not Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder, the 2008 world gold medalists, will be ready to go to Los Angeles to defend their title later this month at the 2009 World Championships?
    Do not ask for an official answer right now, because no one seems to have one. However, with less than three weeks to go before the start of the event, the duo's participation now seems less and less likely.

"Whatever time [Delobel's recovery] takes, we need to make sure that the problem is completely fixed before we resume training", Schoenfelder stated in mid-January. "We would certainly not go to worlds if we were not fit to play something big. We do not want to go as tourists!" he had added in laughter.

As a matter of fact, Delobel has not yet put a foot back on the ice and is still in the healing process of her injured shoulder. She has left her training base in Lyon, France, for the rehabilitation center in Capbreton, a small resort on the Atlantic Ocean south of Bordeaux.

Delobel injured her shoulder during the gala exhibition at the ISU Grand Prix Final in December in Goyang City, Korea. The duo had been having a fantastic season, winning both of their Grand Prix assignments (Skate America and the Trophée Eric Bompard) and the GP Final. Since the injury, they have withdrawn from the French championships in December and the European championships in January.

Delobel underwent arthroscopic surgery on Jan. 5 and left the hospital on Jan. 9. The operation lasted about three hours instead of two, because the surgeons found that her injury was more serious than they had expected. It was hoped that her being an athlete would speed up the healing process, but her recovery is taking longer than expected, and she had to wait until the first week of February to start rehabilitation in Capbreton.

"You know how Isabelle is," Schoenfelder said. "It is tough for her not to move, because she is always so active. Actually, she wanted to start doing things again right [after her operation], but she almost fainted."

Recovering fast enough to go to Los Angeles for the world championships was "clearly the goal," according to Schoenfelder. As time passes by, though, this goal seems out of reach for the couple.

Schoenfelder, who is studying to become a journalist, has opened a blog for Delobel and himself -- delobel-schoenfelder.fr. On that site, Delobel describes her routines at the Capbreton center.

"We wake up everyday at 7:15 to have breakfast. At 9 a.m., I start with a machine that looks more like it is meant for torture than for rehabilitation. It moves my arm upward and downward for 30 min. Fortunately, I define the amplitude myself."

After that, Delobel goes through another half hour of physical therapy.

"Then I spend another hour trying to coordinate my arm again and leave for another hour of specific exercise in the swimming pool."

After lunch -- "fish every day, no one complains!" Delobel said -- she has to ice her joints and starts her work again.

"We work with a balloon and a rubber to strengthen my arm. Then we work on muscle tensions, which would hamper the joint movement. After that, we go for ultrasound, electro-stimulation and heart exercising, and we finish by training balance and stretching. I finish my day about 5:15 p.m. -- you see that I do not rest!"

Then she has to ice her shoulder again before the night.

"Isabelle is still having pain," a closed friend of hers explained.

In the meantime, Schoenfelder has kept practicing once a day and is still doing his physical preparation. He admitted that "this has allowed me also to devote more time to my studies and the school of journalism I am enrolled into." It has also allowed him to stay more with his wife and two-year-old son Gabriel.

Since Delobel's injury became apparent in late December, he has always been very supportive of his partner. "You know, Isabelle and I have lived through many strong events and difficult times together. We try to support one another through this period. I call her, send her messages to encourage her. This is not easy."

Even though it may prevent them from skating in Los Angeles and attempting to win a second world title, Delobel's injury should not jeopardize the duo's future.

"The doctor said that Isabelle's shoulder should recover 100 percent and even more," Schoenfelder explained. "It may sound amazing, but apparently the recovery process should even strengthen her shoulder from where it was.

"Even though recovering may take time, at least it does not put Isabelle's career in jeopardy. Actually, we were lucky to have this happen this season rather than next year. Our chances to win an Olympic medal then would have been severely damaged. And this is clearly our goal: win an Olympic medal. We will even have one more chance to win back our European title [in 2010]."

For the time being, the French team has planned to leave France in a bit less than two weeks. They are scheduled to practice in San Diego between March 15 and 21 before the world championships start. It appears quite doubtful that Delobel and Schoenfelder will be ready by that time.

Sursa: icenetwork.com
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    eu zic ca e cel mai bine pt ei sa se recupereze complet ca sa fie in forma pt olimpiada de la anul. le tin pumnii sa aiba un program cat mai frumos in 2010.
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    Si eu zic la fel...nu au sanse la medalii dupa 3 luni de pauza..si ar fi pacat sa riste si sa se inrautateasca starea de santate.
    www.fangymnastics.com

Reputatie
    dupa cum scriu si ei nu cred ca au deloc de gand sa forteze. plus ca au o echipa serioasa in spate care sa ii traga de maneca daca exagereaza.
    nu stiam ca olivier vrea sa se faca jurnalist. cred ca e cam ciudat dupa ce ai asa o cariera sa trebuiasca cam pe la 40 de ani sa iti faci alta. cam greu.

Reputatie
    Blogul celor 2 ...e mentionat si in articolul pus de Mihai:
    http://www.delobel-schoenfelder.fr/

Reputatie
    Delobel&Schoenfelder's new blog article says they will hold a press conference in Paris on Friday, March 13th and announce their decision about their participation in the Worlds.

http://www.delobel-schoenfelder.fr

Reputatie
    Without Delobel-Schoenfelder

The World champions won't be able to defend their title.
    http://www.leprogres.fr/fr/images/ge...iMedia=2854582
    15 days before World Championships in Los Angeles on March 23-29, the mystery is kept about the participation of the reigning World champions, Isabelle Delobel / Olivier Schoenfelder. The lyonnais should reveal their decision during a press conference in Paris on Friday.

Despite their embarassment when we contacted them yesterday, it seems highly improbable and ill-timed that the number 1 french team will be able to defend their title, in the best shape and conditions.

Since Isabelle's injury during the GPF gala, on Dec 14 in Korea, the couple didn't perform on the ice. Withdrawn at Nats (Dec 19-20) and at Euros (Jan 20-25), they should decline a very risky trip to the USA.

If Olivier has never stopped to train on his own, Isabelle, operated on Jan, 5th from torn ligaments in her right shoulder, is still finishing her reeducation in Capbreton. A reeducation process longer than expected (6 weeks), caused by a surgery which lasted longer than expected (3 hours and a half).

Winners of the Masters, of the Skate America, the TEB and the GPF, the seniors of the amateur ice-dance can't endanger Isabelle's health, as the quest for a first olympic podium in Vancouver 2010 remains their highest priority, before retiring from an examplary career. On the other side, the french team is leaving for an acclimation stay in San Diego as soon as Sunday, 15 until March 21. Pernelle Carron and Matthieu Jost from Lyon-Charlemagne (rink) will be in, along with Brian Joubert, Yannick Ponsero, Candice Didier and the pair Vanessa James / Yannick Bonheur.

Remains to be determined the participation of the 3rd dance couple, between Terra Findlay / Benoit Richaud, 10th at Jr Worlds and Zoé Blanc / Pierre-Loup Bouquet, 8th at the Universiades. Ranked 1st substitute, the couple from Villard de Lans (Blanc / Bouquet) should be selected, since Findlay / Richaud went to Euros.

http://www.leprogres.fr/fr/permalien...oenfelder.html

Reputatie
    Delobel, Schoenfelder withdraw from worlds
    Persistent injury forces French dance team to sit out L.A.

(03/13/2009) - Friday Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder, who won the world title in 2008, officially announced that they would have to let their teammates go to the 2009 worlds without them after learning Delobel's recovery will require more time.

"We had given ourselves a deadline for participating in the world championships in Los Angeles," Delobel stated. "If I could have resumed training by March 1, it would have left three weeks for training. Given my physical condition, which is excellent, it would have been enough.

"The amplitude of my shoulder is not at its peak yet."

Delobel's rehabilitation process has been a long one, since she started it six weeks ago.

"At the beginning," she explained, "I could not cut my steaks or lettuce with my right arm. Now, I can."

She can actually lift her arm up to the horizontal position, but not beyond yet.

"And, I can not pull it backward either," she explained with a grin. "You know, I have two metal screws in the front of my shoulder, and four smaller ones in the rear, as well as eight Kevlar knots in there, all of which I am going to keep all my life."

The plan for Delobel now is to go back to her rehabilitation center in Cap Breton, by the Atlantic Ocean. "They plan to keep me there until the end of March," she said. "The doctors are very optimistic, however. I should recover my shoulder 100%, and even more!" she added in laughter.

"There, it is really hard work, you know, just like a real training. Some days I make 30 degree amplitude moves, some other days I make only 10 degrees. It is just like on the ice, when you try to acquire a technical move."

The duo will have to skip the rest of the season. "It will allow us to start our Olympic season earlier," Schoenfelder said.

"Actually, announcing our decision is really a relief," Delobel added.

"We have several new ideas," Schoenfelder said. "And we are very motivated. We have absolutely no doubt that we can go further, since we have dominated the first half of this season [the duo won every competition they participated in this season, prior to Delobel's injury]. We certainly are eager to go for the Olympic gold in Vancouver. And guess what, we will skate the Olympic free dance on my saint day!"

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

That was during a press conference this morning at the new headquarters of the FFSG that the news was announced. As we could presume, Isabelle Delobel is not enough prepared to defend her World title.

Isabelle : "My shoulder is fine, the operation went fine. My surgeon is very satisfied and very confident for the future. We have a conversation though the phone 2-3 times a week for monitoring and to verify the calcification. But I need more time to recover my amplitudes, the scars are long to heal. We are therefore compelled to withdraw from the world championships.

Olivier : 'We both did our best to be ready, I trained on my side but that's simply not possible. This announcement takes off a burden from our shoulders, because we can now focus on next year, and we have big ambitions, since we aim at the Olympic title. "

Didier Gailhaguet : 'it is clear for me that Isabelle and Olivier are the skaters who have the best hope to win gold in Vancouver. "

Isabelle shown the progress she has made in her movements, even if they are limited : laterally, the right arm can be raised up to the horizontal, and bending backward is not possible yet.

However, she was reassuring:
    Isabelle : 'I can cut my salad again, and I can brush my teeth !
    I did remain 6 weeks completely immobilized. I have 2 screws on the front part, 4 anchors (smaller screws) behind, and 8 kevlar knots inside ... but I didn't ring any bell at the airport !
    The surgeon had not brushed aside the option about going to Worlds, so we were still waiting ... if I had the approval of the surgeon, I might have decided to push on my shoulder, but as things happened, we didn't even have to think about that. I had given myself a deadline of 3 weeks before worlds, to have enough training. So I made my decision in early March. I have not even put on my skates again, Maybe I'll give it a little try at the begining of next week to test my sensations, and then I will return to Capbreton where I 'll stay until March 28.

There, it looks much like training : I can gain 30 ° of amplitude one day and not more than 10 ° the next day, it's like a technical move you can do but have not yet mastered.
    There is a very good atmosphere, there are only young people, only sportsmen like rubgymen or basketball players ... It's very healthy, very lively and very motivating. We don't feel handicapped, because we all need help, and we all want for everyone to recover. But we don't go as far as competing to be the one who will recover the fastest ! Everyone is in a good mood, and as a top-level athlete and world medalist, I'm kind of pampered ! I didn't ask for anything, but I feel like being in a VIP quarter.

I received a lot of support from the other skaters of the French team, and even during the Grand Prix Final, Junior skaters came to congratulate us on our career. During the European Championships, Muriel sent me many messages. It was very comforting because I think we were missed. It is a big solace to us, and we have at heart to come back even stronger. "

Will you change your free dance next year? The current one resembles to you a lot, but you have not been able to perform it much.
    Isabelle : our current program has already been seen, so we will change it. If this year's program was 'us', we already have many ideas of music for next year, and it will be even more 'us'. They will be thrilling programs.
    Olivier : For sure, it is a bit frustrating not to skate a program that looks like us ever again, and I would also include the original dance which was well received, but we'll probably keep our FD as an exhibition program.

About the World Championships, Didier Gailhaguet proposed to Isabelle and Olivier to join the French team in Los Angeles ... Even if it was hard to refuse, they still prefered to decline the offer.
    The French skaters will take off for San Diego on Sunday, where Eric Millot has organized a training camp for the skaters to prepare in the best conditions. Eric Millot will be the team leader in these championships.
    Last edited by Iulya; 14th March 2009 at 01:17.

Reputatie
    Isabel a revenit pe gheata de pe 1 aprilie:
    -aici un mic vid despre revenirea ei pe gheata
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjbqfbUYTp0

Reputatie
    mersi iulia si ii tin pumnii in continuare isabellei.

Reputatie
    Isabelle Delobel va fi mamica inainte de a incepe sezonul urmator .... bebelusul e asteptat prin septembrie anul acesta:
    http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/autr...009-488333.php

Felicitarile mele pentru viitoarea mamica !!... (vad ca la francezii e un trend si Vanesa Guzmerolli si Matheiu Jost asteapta un copil )

Reputatie
    asta da, stire!

felicitari! insa cred ca va fi foarte greu asa....mai spera la medalie olimpica...hm...mai bine ii lasa pe ceilalti francezi
    Adevaratul erou nu este perfect. Adevaratul test al unui campion nu este daca poate triumfa, ci daca poate trece obstacolele - preferabil cele create chiar de el - pentru a triumfa...

Reputatie
    Last edited by Iulya; 22nd April 2009 at 15:33.

Reputatie
    pai nu cred ca depinde de isa si oli daca nathalie si fabian iau sau nu medalie. adica atata timp cat aveau aceeasi antrenori cam erau pe locul 2 dar acum nu cred.

si eu ii doresc sanatate isabelei !!! sper totusi sa ne incante cu un program ffrumos la olimpiada.

Reputatie
    Cred ca cel mai devreme ii vom vedea in competitii la europene si apoi la olimpiada ... si probabil nu vor participa la mondiale

Mult succes si felicitari inca odata!!!

S-au apucat deja de lucru la Od( au facut coregrafia cu Michel Durand insa deocamdata e doar in sala urmeaza sa o transpuna pe pe gheata) iar coregrafia pt Fd va fi facuta de Marie-France Debreuil si Patrice Lauzon in timp ce tema si muzica sunt deja selectate de Muriel Zazoui-Boucher.