Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast
Results 1,702 to 1,722 of 1731

Thread: Noi suntem...Progresul! In dedicatii. La umbra platanilor

Reputatie
    FCSB este acronimul Pușcariei în sportul românesc. Patronul, managerul, precum și cel mai reprezentativ suporter sunt oameni certați cu legea, infractori de drept comun. Cei care susțin această echipă par și ei alcătuiți din aceeași plămadă.

Reputatie
    Frumoasa piesa, din ultimul lui album, avand muzica lui Chopin drept inspiratie. Piesa pusa de tine am remarcat-o si eu ca si:

"The minority is sometimes right, the majority always wrong." - A Progres...sive Thinker

"If you support a team that fails to win the league for years, it does feel like a kind of cult'." - Salman Rushdie

Reputatie
    Sincronizare perfecta

Last edited by miril; 11th June 2015 at 08:00.

4. 11th June 2015, 07:58
    Reason

Reputatie
    Free Jazz To The Sky! Old Dream And New Dreams Is Over! Ornette Coleman ne-a parasit. RIP!

"The minority is sometimes right, the majority always wrong." - A Progres...sive Thinker

"If you support a team that fails to win the league for years, it does feel like a kind of cult'." - Salman Rushdie

Reputatie
    Ne-a parasit si Chris Squire. RIP!

Reputatie
    A cantankerous dotard rocking in the free world. God bless him!

Raging in the free world: the many furies of Neil Young Thr Guardian

The rocker’s latest album – The Monsanto Years – rails against the GM food giant and Starbucks. But what else has he been angry about in his long career?

http://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-i...rmat&sharp=10&

Digital sound quality
    Few things make Neil Young as apoplectic as modern digital sound quality. In particular, his fury is directed at the MP3 download and its accomplice in crime, the iPod. Listening to music held on a tiny digital file through headphones or computer speakers accounts – says Shakey – for contemporary music’s “loss of soul”. Thus, Young poured his money into the Pono system, a “high-resolution” music service that he claimed would “rescue the art form that I’ve been practising for the last 50 years”. He previewed the launch with an album described by the Guardian’s reviewer as “arguably the lowest-fidelity album ever made by a major artist … muffled, distorted and buried beneath layers of crackle and hiss”. A Letter Home was created in the least expensive studio-like environment ever – a restored 1947 Voice-O-Graph booth (a fairground attraction which allowed users to take home a vinyl record of their voice). When the PonoPlayer finally arrived this January, the 24-bit, 192 kHz-sound, wallet-draining system was variously described as “making a dramatic difference” to the way we hear music or “junk science” – which presumably made Shakey apoplectic too.

Motoring

Young isn’t the only environmentally aware human being bemoaning the cost to the earth of motoring’s reliance on fossil fuels and gas-guzzling cars. He has however, once again put his money where his mouth is, and developed the Lincvolt, a 1959 Lincoln Continental converted to run on biofuels or electricity. The goal – cue trumpet fanfare – is to “inspire a generation by creating a clean automobile-propulsion technology … to reduce the demand for petro-fuels enough to eliminate the need for war over energy supplies, thereby enhancing the security of nations throughout the world”.l Shakey helpfully explains: “You can plug it in at night and drive about 50 miles during the day if you drive very carefully, maybe about 35-40 if you drive like a maniac. And that’s kinda what I do.” Alas, after one of the car’s team left the charging system plugged in too long, the first such vehicle overheated and burned to the ground, taking an estimated $850,000 worth of Young’s memorabilia collection with it. Now that’s an expensive ride.

David Crosby

Given that Young has played with David Crosby for decades in Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, eyebrows were raised last year when he declared that the quartet would never tour together ever again. Crosby then confirmed the situation, revealing: “Neil is very angry with me.” On this occasion, the precise source of Shakey’s ire remains unknown, although Croz perhaps upset him by wading into tricky personal waters during the media frenzy surrounding Young’s 2014 divorce from long-time wife, Pegi, and subsequent dalliance with actor Daryl Hannah. “I happen to know that he’s hanging out with somebody that’s a purely poisonous predator now — and that’s karma,” said the Croz. “He’s gonna get hurt.” Crosby later issued a heartfelt apology – presumably after he was hurting too.

Donald Trump

Despite earlier being photographed together – all smiles, at a Pono launch – Shakey was decidedly less than impressed when the climate-change-denying Republican kicked off the already beleaguered Trump-for-President campaign to the unlikely sound of Rockin’ in the Free World. Young initially issued a statement saying that use of his song was “not authorized”. Neil, being Neil, wouldn’t let it drop, and in a lengthy tirade on Facebook, the Canadian citizen widened his attack to take in not just Trump, but the entire US political system and corporate America. “Corporations don’t have children. They don’t have feelings or soul. They don’t depend on uncontaminated water, clean air or healthy food to survive,” he blasted. They don’t have the best tunes now either – since Young has subsequently given Rockin’ in the Free World to Trump’s avowed rival, Democrat Bernie Sanders.

Rude fans
    Heckling is rarer at concerts nowadays, but it’s a brave fan who risks provoking the Young death glare. At a concert in Dallas, the star had just begun to tell the audience a story about the instrument he was about to play when an impatient fan had the indignity to suggest he, y’know, just get on and play it. “I don’t think I am gonna play it,” said Young at first, triggering widespread laughter. However, other fans then joined in. “How about you talk and I’ll listen?” offered our rock’n’roller, quipping: “I’m trying to recall the last time I did what somebody told me what to do.” His ire was still simmering, however, during the subsequent Harvest Moon, a soft, tender ballad of which Young declared, “Funny. That song is not supposed to be angry,” while glaring at the crowd.

Starbucks

Young is not best pleased at the world’s largest coffee chain either, as he made a statement on his website last year declaring “Goodbye Starbucks” and urging fans to follow his lead in boycotting the chain. This time, Shakey’s ire had been stoked by the corporate giant aligning itself with GM food company Monsanto in a lawsuit against the state of Vermont. Although the globalised coffee company later insisted that they had nothing to do with this at all, and “has not taken a position on the issue of GMO labelling”,Young insisted: “You have the right to know what’s in your coffee”. He comparing the tiny rural state’s battle with the corporations as being like David versus Goliath, declaring Monsanto “the biggest villain of them all”. Perhaps the most striking aspect of this particular ruckus was Shakey’s admission that he “used to line up and get my latte every day”. The image of the great raging rocker queueing for a steamed milk concoction is not easily shaken off.

The Iraq war

Given his deeply held peace-and-love ideals, it would have been a surprise had Shakey not railed against the Iraq war, and he did not disappoint. In 2006, three years into the US-led invasion, Young was so upset by the triumphal tone of some newspaper coverage of wounded soldiers being flown to Germany that he cried. He also, true to form, got out his guitar, penning multiple songs criticising the Bush regime’s policy of warfare and associated human cost, culminating in one of his most withering protest songs ever, Let’s Impeach the President. Young admitted that it had been years since he’d crafted such angry music and in fact he’d deliberately held back – but had been moved to write by the lack of younger artists doing the same. He was probably furious at them as well.

The Kent State shootings

Perhaps the most famous and effective example of Young’s anger giving birth to a song came in 1970, after he saw photos in Life magazine of the fatal shootings by the Ohio National Guard of four unarmed students at Kent State University, during a protest against US involvement in Cambodia. That same evening, Young entered Record Plant Studio 3 in Hollywood and recorded one of the all-time great protest songs, Ohio, in just a few takes. Musically more sad than angry but lyrically ferocious even by his standards, the hit for Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young began: “Tin soldiers and Nixon coming / We’re finally on our own / This summer I hear the drumming / Four dead in Ohio.” Crosby, who reportedly cried at the recording, later described Young’s deliberate, withering reference of the president of the world’s most powerful nation by name as the “the bravest thing I ever heard”. Presumably Shakey wasn’t so angry at Croz in those days.

The Keystone XL oil pipeline

There was very little chance that Young would don a party hat over a proposed addition to an oil pipeline running all the way from Alberta in Canada to the southern US state of Texas. And still, this incident seems to have made our man more furious that ever. The rocker declared such pipelines “scabs on our lives” in November 2014, and compared the impact of the pipeline on Alberta’s oil sands to that of the Japanese city of Hiroshima after the US dropped the atomic bomb during the second world war. This brought another protest song, 2014’s Who’s Gonna Stand Up, and the lyric: “Ban fossil fuel and draw the line / Before we build one more pipeline.” Meanwhile, for his role in the episode, Canadian president Stephen Harper is “an embarrassment to many Canadians”, “a very poor imitation of George Bush”. Ouch.

Geffen Records

This is a well-worn story, but it’s always worth another airing. In the early 80s, Young signed to David Geffen’s new label, which expected – not unreasonably – that it would take delivery of more of the classic American rock records that Young had made in the 1970s, such as Harvest and Tonight’s the Night. Instead, executives were rather alarmed when the first Young record for Geffen came in the electronic form of 1982’s Trans, an experimental synthesiser album which Young later explained was a reflection of his attempts to communicate with his young son, who was born with cerebral palsy. When Shakey then turned in Everybody’s Rockin’ – a rockabilly collection – this was just too much for the incensed label, which sued him for the unprecedented and rather hilarious crime of delivering “unrepresentative” music – ie not sounding like Neil Young. Young counter-sued, claiming that his contract allowed artistic freedom, and won an apology. He recorded two more albums for Geffen, before returning to Reprise and delivering – yep, you guessed it, classic-sounding rock. Never let it be said that the angry great man doesn’t have a fantastically dry sense of humour. Meanwhile, anyone fearing for his blood pressure should take heed of his 2010 song Angry World, in which he assures us: “Some see life as a broken promise / Some see life as an endless fight … It’s an angry world, and everything is gonna be all right.”

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...effen#comments

Reputatie
    A murit o legenda a jazz-ului contemporan. Unul din favoritii mei, pianistul John Taylor ne-a parasit in plin concert. RIP!

Reputatie
    JeSuisParis

#JeSuisParis, en dessins

http://www.liberation.fr/france/2015...essins_1413429

Reputatie

Din pacate nu toti suntem Rambo, sa putem sa parcurgem drumul pana la capat invingatori...
    The difference between a good and an awesome diplomat is the ability to reconcile the arrogant assholes with the scardy whiners, it's almost an art really!
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Sarbatori de Craciun fericite cu dedicatii muzicale progresistilor, melomanilor de pe forum si nu numai.

Reputatie
    Un an minunat tuturor progresistilor!
    FCSB este acronimul Pușcariei în sportul românesc. Patronul, managerul, precum și cel mai reprezentativ suporter sunt oameni certați cu legea, infractori de drept comun. Cei care susțin această echipă par și ei alcătuiți din aceeași plămadă.

Reputatie
    Istoria unei simfonii celebre:

Orchestra’s note of defiance still reverberates-Marc Bennetts The Times

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multim...5_1035509c.jpg
    Maxim Shostakovich with the St Petersburg Symphony Orchestra

According to Adolf Hitler’s detailed plans for the conquest of the Soviet Union, on August 9, 1942 Nazi officials should have been celebrating the capture of Leningrad at a lavish reception in the city’s imperial centre. Instead, a makeshift Soviet orchestra of more than 80 emaciated musicians gathered at the besieged city’s Philharmonic Hall to perform Dmitri Shostakovich’s Seventh Symphony, which the Russian composer had dedicated to the “struggle against fascism”. It was the greatest expression of musical defiance of the 20th century.

Among the audience that memorable afternoon was Olga Kvade, an 18-year-old woman from a family of Soviet intellectuals. Earlier that year, as residents of encircled Leningrad starved amid one of the coldest winters on record, she had watched her father and grandfather perish from hunger. Life in the Soviet capital of culture was transformed into a living hell. City morgues overflowed with corpses, while the survivors eked out a pitiful existence on daily rations of 125 grams of sawdust-filled bread. People ate their cats and dogs, then mice and rats, and when they ran out, they boiled up wallpaper glue for soup. Some turned to cannibalism – some 2,000 people would be arrested on charges of consuming human flesh by the end of the 872-day Nazi siege. Classical music should have been the last thing on anyone’s mind.

Move forward 73 years, and Kvade, now in her early nineties, is among a handful of siege survivors attending a BBC-commissioned performance of the symphony in the same concert hall, today called the Shostakovich Philharmonic Hall, in the historic centre of the city, which is now known as St Petersburg. The performance by the St Petersburg Symphony Orchestra is conducted by Maxim Shostakovich, the composer’s son, and forms the centrepiece of a documentary entitled Leningrad and the Orchestra that Defied Hitler to be broadcast on BBC Two tonight.

“It was hard to imagine that during this terrible time of the siege, during all these horrors, that a concert could take place,” Kvade says during a break in the performance. “As I listened to the symphony, I had in my mind images of my father, my grandfather, and all those others who had died,” she adds, with tears in her eyes. “But at the same time there was this music, and an unbelievable feeling in my soul.”

Although it was the height of summer, many of the musicians were dressed in coats and fingerless gloves: one of the symptoms of extreme hunger is a constant feeling of cold. For the next 80 minutes, the equally gaunt audience sat entranced through the symphony’s hypnotic “invasion theme”, and through to the stirring finale. As the last notes died away, the audience rose in acclaim: the ovation lasted for more than an hour.

The Leningrad audience had been unaware that the Red Army was delivering diversionary artillery fire during the concert, and Kvade recalls being terrified that Nazi forces “would bomb us during the performance”. After the concert, which took place during the day because of a city-wide curfew, Kvade walked home through Leningrad’s majestic tsarist-era centre with her uncle, the Soviet writer Nikolai Tikhonov. “The city was so incredibly beautiful that evening,” she says. “My uncle said to me: ‘Remember this all your life, the Germans are just three kilometres away, and we have a concert.’ ” She smiles as she recalls how she almost missed the event. “I’d been out weeding all week, and my hands were stained a deep green. I couldn’t get them clean, and I felt too ashamed to go the Philharmonic like that. But my family persuaded me.”

Other memories are much grimmer — in the documentary, Kvade describes how she once came across what she thought were presents wrapped under an old festive fir tree. It turned out the “presents” were the corpses of tiny children, and the unheated room was an improvised morgue.

Tamara Korolkevich, another siege survivor present at the BBC-commissioned performance, recalls how the 1942 concert proved a massive morale boost for audience members, as well as everyone else in the beleaguered city. The concert was broadcast on loudspeakers across Leningrad, replacing the monotonous tick-tock of a metronome that was aired by local radio throughout the siege. “Amid all these horrors, amid all the burials, people had lost all hope,” says Korolkevich, who is also now in her nineties. “But this music gave us hope that we would live, that we would be victorious.” The stirring music from the concert hall was also broadcast by Radio Leningrad to German soldiers on the front line, reportedly causing some Nazi officers to – privately at least – abandon any ambitions that they could ever subdue the city.

“Hitler didn’t just want to kill the people of Leningrad, he wanted to raze Leningrad from the earth,” says Amanda Vickery, the British historian who co-presents the BBC documentary. “Hitler saw Leningrad as an intrusion of Slav culture on to the Baltic coast, which he believed was part of the great historic German Empire. When you think about what it must have taken for those starving musicians to get up there and perform with the Luftwaffe overhead and the city almost finished, I really think it was a shriek of defiance.”

Shostakovich, a native of Leningrad, had begun composing his symphony in July 1941, at the beginning of the war, as the Nazis swept almost unchallenged across the western USSR. “My weapon was music,” he later said. Evacuated before the city was completed encircled, he finished it in the central Russian city of Kuibyshev, now Samara.

The symphony had its premiere in Kuibyshev on March 5, 1942, and was then performed to rapturous acclaim in cities abroad, including London and New York. But music and culture had become an important propaganda weapon for the Kremlin, and the Soviet authorities were well aware of the symbolic significance of having it performed in Leningrad. “By any means, get a score of the Seventh from Moscow. Transport it to Leningrad as soon as possible,” came the order from Communist Party headquarters. Accordingly, the score was flown into the city over German lines. “Like some kind of secret weapon,” says Tom Service, the classical music broadcaster and co-presenter of the documentary.

Along with Shostakovich and other members of the cultural elite, the Leningrad Philharmonia, the city’s leading orchestra, had been evacuated as the Nazis closed in. Accordingly, Karl Eliasberg, the conductor handed responsibility for the Seventh Symphony’s Leningrad premiere, was forced to recruit a rag-tag group of musicians made up largely of survivors from the second-string Radio Orchestra.

Most were too weak to even hold their instruments at the first rehearsal. Those playing wind instruments had barely enough strength in their lungs to produce a peep, let alone the intense effort demanded by Shostakovich’s massive score. In one extraordinary, documented incident, one of the orchestra’s percussionists, Dzhaudat Iaydarov, was rescued from the morgue, where he had been left for dead, after Eliasberg noticed his fingers twitching. “He’s alive!” Eliasberg shouted. Iaydarov was revived and given special rations.

Like his father, Maxim Shostakovich had been evacuated from Leningrad to Kuibyshev shortly after Nazi forces invaded. He still remembers the effect the symphony had on him when he attended its world premiere. “I was just four years old,” he recalls. “And my mother gave me sweets all through the performance to keep me quiet. The concert made a powerful impression on me. I’d seen all the caricatures of Hitler and the Nazis as evil beasts, and I couldn’t sleep that night. My nanny had to read to me. I had all these nightmarish images in front of my eyes.”

Hitler was not Leningrad’s sole tormenter. Joseph Stalin hated the city and its tradition of intellectualism, and his secret police terrorised Leningrad before and during the war. As Stalin’s bloodlust swelled to monstrous proportions, many of Shostakovich’s close friends and family were murdered or sent to the labour camps. In 1939, the composer’s great friend, theatre director Vsevolod Meyerhold, had been arrested and then executed on ludicrous charges of plotting to assassinate Stalin. Shostakovich had himself been accused of un-Soviet artistic tendencies in a Pravda editorial believed to have been penned by Stalin, and barely escaped the gulag – or an even worse fate.

“Before the war there was all this evil, with Stalin’s camps, and so on,” says Maxim Shostakovich. “My father’s music was his weapon against this. All of his music, not just the Seventh Symphony, is about the battle between good and evil.” Indeed, Shostakovich had dedicated his Seventh Symphony not only to the battle against the Nazis, but also, more subtly, to the confrontation “between reason and obscurantism, culture and barbarity, light and darkness”.

The documentary does not shy away from the complexity of the story behind Shostakovich’s symphony and its historic performance in wartime Leningrad. “It isn’t really possible to understand what it was like for those people,” says Tim Kirby, the director, “but our great responsibility is to try to do justice to the story without mythologising it or prettifying it. The ghosts of the 1942 concert are there in the room.”

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/m...cle4651856.ece

Mai multe amanunte despre istoria asediului orasului erou si a acestei minunate capodopere muzicale in cartea de mai jos:

https://img.washingtonpost.com/rw/20...EeS3LtYKkinMEA
    Last edited by miril; 2nd January 2016 at 12:34.

Reputatie
    Ne-a parasit si Keith Emerson. RIP!

Reputatie
    A sosit momentul sa intru si eu asa o data la 3 luni cum te duci pe la mormantul parintilor, pe la fosta mea iubita echipa!

Dedicatie nu am decat sa-i fac melodia mea preferata, melodia sufletului meu pe care am compus existenta imaginara a personajului God of Pain! I se potriveste acestei echipe, aceasta titulatura, in ritmul tobelor bate inima si curge sangele negru prin vene!

Sper ca e buna, ca la lucru ne-au oprit spurcaciunile accesu la youtube. Enjoy. Daca exista om in afara de mine care are ca pasiune a merge intr-o lume intunecata plina de drama a propriei imaginatii, melodia asta e Dumnezeu, o amplifica de 2-3 ori!

PS: A se asculta cu bass-ul dat la maxim, in orice caz tare de tot! E de 3 ori mai misto asa!
    The difference between a good and an awesome diplomat is the ability to reconcile the arrogant assholes with the scardy whiners, it's almost an art really!
    I know because I'M BOTH!

Reputatie
    Dracula, Cha cha cha, Tango...Saloon, Transylvania (sic) et Eccezionale Signor Patton!

Reputatie
    Dupa Keith, Greg. RIP!

Greg Lake, legendary prog rock bassist, dies aged 69

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/2016-12-08...ke--palmer-dod

"When I was walking home from school once, in 1974 I suddenly thought, if I ever have a son, I will call him Greg, after Greg Lake.
    Time passed and I grew up and boyfriends came and went, I got married and in summer 1987 I was awaiting the birth of my first son.
    Loads of mad names were mentioned but none of them felt right.
    I was expecting a son, I knew this, not because of any ultrasound technology but because on July 4th 1987 I saw 4 magpies sitting on the roof of the house opposite ours in the middle of Croydon.
    On this day I realised that mine and my husband's initials spelt GREG and the promise I had made to myself aged 16 in 1974 came back to me and I saw it as a sign.
    Our lovely, lovely son Greg was born on 5th July 1987, three weeks early but big and strong and beautiful".
    Last edited by miril; 8th December 2016 at 21:03.

Reputatie
    Jazzul care face toti Ban-ii

Reputatie
    Pentru ca nu ne-am mai vazut de mult timp, pun aici ceva mai recent cu mine si cu inca...doua fete. In ideea ca intre doua nu prea te ploua.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ion-lhav6cg

Reputatie
    TJACK CHACK CHA K CHAKA CHACKA CHACKA CHACKA CHACKA CHACKA, An Imodium For A Sober Day From Mr. Patton!

Reputatie
    De vreo luna si ceva ne-a parasit si marele chitarist de jazz, John Abercrombie. RIP!

Reputatie
    Last edited by miril; 26th March 2019 at 11:04.