Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Figure skating legends - Istoria Patinajului Artistic

Reputatie

Figure skating legends - Istoria Patinajului Artistic

M-am gandit sa deschid threadul acesta ca sa putem posta informatii despre cei care au marcat evolutia patinajului artistic. O sa incep cu Sonja Henie

Sonja Henie was born on April 8, 1912 in Oslo, Norway. She was an Olympic and World Champion figure skater who helped increase the po****rity of competitive figure skating. She won the gold medal for figure skating at the 1928, 1932, and 1936 Winter Olympics.

Henie started skating and dancing as a child. She won the first of ten consecutive world championships in 1927, and in 1928 her first Olympic gold medal at Saint Moritz, Switzerland. She dominated amateur women's figure skating for 10 years, winning her third Olympic gold medal at Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, in 1936.

Henie turned professional in the United States in 1936. In 1941, she became a citizen of the United States. She performed in po****r ice shows into the 1950s, and made a number of successful films, which often featured her skating. She made ice skating television specials in the 1950s. Henie died on October 12, 1969.
    http:///www.lucidcafe.com/library/96...ifs/henie4.gif
    Last edited by Iulya; 5th January 2010 at 16:06. Reason: modificare titlu
    Short on money,
    But long on time,
    Slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,
    And i'm running late,
    And i don't need an excuse,
    'cause i'm wearing my brand new shoes.

Reputatie
    buna idee de thread!
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]When you leave, my colors fade to grey, Every word of love I used to say, now I paint it everyday....[/COLOR][/FONT]

Reputatie
    Short on money,
    But long on time,
    And i'm running late,

Reputatie
    aaa, ioana stii eu am un folder in calc care se cheama legends, in care am programe care mie mi se pare ca au devenit legende sau patinatori care au devenit legende. putem sa punem si programe????
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    sigur!
    inca ceva despre Sonja : are o stea pe Hollywood Walk of Fame
    Short on money,
    But long on time,
    And i'm running late,

Reputatie
    ok, o sa incarc ceva si o sa caut si ceva info care sa insoteasca vidul. dar o sa dureze ceva sa se incarce.
    "Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive."

Reputatie
    nu-i nimic asteptam....
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]When you leave, my colors fade to grey, Every word of love I used to say, now I paint it everyday....[/COLOR][/FONT]

Reputatie
    intre timp m-am gandit sa postez despre ulrich salchow!!!!
    Karl Emil Julius Ulrich Salchow (August 7, 1877 – April 19, 1949) was a Swedish figure skater, who dominated the sport in the first decade of the 20th century.

Salchow won the World Figure Skating Championships no fewer than ten times, from 1901 to 1905, and from 1907 to 1911. This is still a record, which he shares with Sonja Henie, who also won 10 titles in the 1920s and 1930s. In addition, Salchow placed second in the World Championships three times and won the European Championships nine times (1898-1900, 1904, 1906-1907, 1909-1910, 1913). When figure skating was first contested at the Summer Olympic Games in London (1908), Salchow also won the title with ease.

In 1909, Ulrich Salchow first landed a jump in competition in which he took off on the back inside edge, and landed on the back outside edge of his other foot. This jump is now known as the salchow jump in his honor.

After his competitive days, Salchow remained active in the sport, and was president of the International Skating Union (ISU) from 1925 to 1937.

Ulrich Salchow was married to the dentist Dr. Anne-Elisabeth Salchow.

Salchow died in Stockholm at the age of 71 and was interred there at Norra begravningsplatsen.

Reputatie
    despre axel nu am gasit prea multe!!!

Axel Paulsen (1855-1938) was a Norwegian figure skater and speed skater. He is the inventor of the figure skating Axel jump.

Paulson first executed the jump in 1882, while wearing speed skates.[

Reputatie
    http://www.divshare.com/download/727345-da2
    asta e lpul lui platov si grishuk de la olimpiada din 98. mie una imi place f mult si ii consider pe cei 2 f meritorii!!!!
    cei doi au castigat 2 medalii de aur la olimpiade si 4 la mondiale!!!

Reputatie
    ulrich salchow a castigat atat de multe??? wow....si eu care urasc saritura aia.....

Reputatie
    un mik clip cu Ulrich Salchow din 1911
    http://www.savefile.com/files/749703
    [B][I][CENTER]Zoltan Kelemen/Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat/Alena Leonova/ Anna Cappelini & Luca Lanotte/Florent Amodio/Aliona Savchebko & Robin Szolkowy/Alexander Majorov/[/CENTER][/I][/B]

[CENTER] Anybody can root for a winning side. It takes character to stick with the underdogs![/CENTER]

junior
    Reputatie
    Midori Ito – nu e campioana olimpica si n-are foarte multe titluri mondiale, dar :
    • World Champion (1989).
    • First woman to land a triple-triple jump combination(1981).
    • First woman to land a double-triple jump combination (in the short program)(1984).
    • First woman to land five major jumps in competition(1984).
    • First woman to land a triple-axel in competition(1988).
    • First woman to land six major jumps in competition(1989).
    • First woman to land a triple-axel in the Olympics(1992).
    Cu adevarat avea un 3A pe care si l-ar dori si baietii. LP-ul de la Mondialele din ‘89 unde a cucerit medalia de aur si a primit 5 note de 6.0 pentru meritul tehnic! : http://s2.quicksharing.com/v/6791417...ds_fs.avi.html

John Curry – a revolutionat patinatjul din p.d.v artistic – LP-ul de la Olimpiada din ’76 cind a cistigat aurul: http://s2.quicksharing.com/v/235221/...cs_LP.wmv.html

Reputatie
    Dick Button
    Biography

Button was a five-time world champion from 1948 to 1952 and won the gold medal at the 1948 and 1952 Winter Olympics. In 1949, he won the Sullivan Award as the outstanding amateur athlete in the United States. He won an Emmy Award in 1981 for Outstanding Sports Personality – Analyst.

Button was the first skater to successfully land the double axel jump in competition (in 1948, although on the video it appears he did not complete the full rotation), as well as the first triple jump of any kind -- a triple loop -- in 1952. He also invented the flying camel spin, which was originally known as the "Button camel".

After his competitive skating career ended, Button toured with Ice Capades and Holiday on Ice, and completed a law degree at Harvard University.[3]

He has been a figure skating analyst for ABC Sports since 1962. During ABC's coverage of Olympics in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s Button became the sport's best-known analyst, well known for his frank and often caustic appraisal of skaters' performances. Although other U.S. television networks aired the Winter Olympics from the 1990s onward, Button still appeared on ABC's broadcasts of the U.S. and World Figure Skating Championships. During the 2006 Games (covered by NBC), Button appeared on loan from ABC to once again commentate on the Olympics.

As founder of Candid Productions, he created a variety of made-for-television sports events, including the World Professional Figure Skating Championships as well as other non-skating sports events such as Superstars.[4]

Button was inducted into the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame in 1976.

In 1975, Button married figure skating coach Slavka Kohout, but they later divorced.

Button suffered a serious head injury on July 5, 1978 when he was one of several men randomly assaulted in Central Park by a gang of youths armed with baseball bats and tree branches in a gay bashing incident. According to reports in the New York Times, Button had been jogging in the park near his home and was attacked while he was watching a dusk fireworks display. The assailants were later apprehended.
    http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-...6021101462.jpg
    http://mg.timeinc.net/time/olympics2...mages/1948.jpg
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ton_0202ap.jpg
    Short on money,
    But long on time,
    And i'm running late,

Reputatie
    Denise Biellman

In 1962, when the Zurich Lake froze over, Denise Biellmann was born on the 11th December. She represented Switzerland as an Amateur Figure Skater for 11 years. At the age of 8, Denise won her first International Competition in Belgium. Aged 11, she was already Swiss Junior National Champion and at only 13, Denise could jump all 5 triples.

With 14 years of age she won the Silver Medal in the Free at her first European Championships. Denise was the 1st ever woman to jump the triple Lutz and became World famous through the Spin named after her.
    Alongside Elements such as Axel (Axel Paulsen), Lutz (Alois Lutz) and Salchow (Ulrich Salchow), the Biellmann Spin is now part of the International Skating Union Judging System.

At the 1980 Olympics, in Lake Placid, Denise won the Gold Medal in the Free and one year later in 1981 she won the Swiss Nationals for the 3rd consecutive time, came 1st at the Europeans in Innsbruck and went on to Hartford to become the 1st and only Swiss Person ever to win the World Amateur Figure Skating Championships.
    Between 1979 and 1981 Denise won Gold on no less than 16 occasions at International Armature Figure Skating Competitions. In 1979 and 1981 she was also voted Swiss Sports Person of the year.

In 1981 Denise turned Professional and toured as Special Guest Star with Holiday on Ice filling arenas throughout Europe. She then went onto to compete in Professional Competitions and won the World Professional Title 11 times. In 1995 she was voted Swiss Sports Person of the Century.

Aside all the titles, some of the highlights of her career are the skating performances to the live music performed by world famous artists such as Montserrat Caballé, Simon Estes, Vanessa Mae, En-Vogue, Sarah Brightman, Chris de Burgh, Udo Jürgens, Barry Manilow, Zucchero, Gloria Gaynor, Scorpions and All Saints.

Her po****rity is not only limited to Europe, due to her victories and TV presence in skating shows, she is a well known and loved skating star in America and was twice voted to one of the most influential Figure Skating persons in the USA. Denise is still considered one of the best professional female skaters in the World. Her skating routines with technical elements and unique choreography make her an artist who is still in demand.
    http://home.snafu.de/eberl/knowledge...erlin_b_te.jpg
    Short on money,
    But long on time,
    And i'm running late,

Reputatie
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"][B][FONT="Georgia"][B]I want to be European Champion, World Champion and Olympic Champion~ Brian Joubert[/B][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"][COLOR="Green"]2 out of 3 ![/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT] [/CENTER]

Reputatie
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"][B][FONT="Georgia"][B]I want to be European Champion, World Champion and Olympic Champion~ Brian Joubert[/B][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"][COLOR="Green"]2 out of 3 ![/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT] [/CENTER]

Reputatie
    Peggy Gale Fleming (born July 27, 1948 in San Jose, California) is an American figure skater who won an Olympic gold medal in 1968.
    [edit] Biography
    In 1961, when Fleming was 12 years old, her coach William Kipp was killed in the crash of Sabena Flight 548 along with the rest of the United States figure skating team while en route to the 1961 World Figure Skating Championships. Fleming was subsequently coached by Carlo Fassi. She would be forced to define her own style in figure skating, a style that would lead to five U.S. titles, three World titles and the gold medal in the 1968 Olympics in Grenoble, France. Her award in Grenoble was singularly important for the American athletes and the nation as a whole, for this was the only gold medal that the U.S. Olympic team won in the 1968 Winter Games. It signaled a return to American dominance in the sport of women's figure skating following the unprecedented tragedy of the 1961 plane crash.

Within six months, she would star in the first of five television specials. For several years she toured the U.S. as a special guest star in the Ice Follies ice show, cheered on by huge crowds of admirers at certain large cities along the show's tour route. One of the memorable highlights during her ice shows was a solo skate in blue light to the music of "Ave Maria." Peggy Fleming has skated for four U.S. presidents, and was a featured performer at the 1986 rededication of the Statue of Liberty. She has been a commentator on figure skating for ABC Sports for over 20 years, as well as a spokesperson for the National Osteoporosis Foundation.

In 1970, she married dermatologist Dr. Greg Jenkins (who as a young man had competed as an ice dancer). They live in the San Francisco Bay Area. They have two sons, Andy and Todd (born 1977 and 1988) and three grandsons.

Fleming was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998. The cancer was detected in its early stages, and surgery was successful. She became a breast cancer activist who recommends not procrastinating and early detection. She stated: "If you catch most breast cancers early enough, it’s very treatable." [1]

Fleming and her husband also own and operate Fleming Jenkins Vineyards & Winery in California.

Competitive highlights
    Event/Season 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968
    U.S. Championships 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st
    North American Championships - 2nd - 1st -
    World Championships 7th 3rd 1st 1st 1st
    Winter Olympics 6th - - - 1st

http://www.gg.caltech.edu/~jeff/images/bwfleming.jpg
    http://www.active.com/images/prod_sys/Fleming-BW.jpg
    http://www.olympic-usa.org/PeggyFleming.jpg
    http://www.comite-olympique.asso.fr/.../fleming-1.jpg
    "We believe Hanyu could win the gold because Daisuke Takahashi, the ace in Japan’s men’s figure skating, paved the way to the world for the other Japanese figure skaters."
    The Japan News, February 2014

incepator
    Reputatie
    whisper!! hello from Canada! And thank you so much for that excellent compilation about Peggy Fleming - I never knew her history which is extensive. I hope that it is ok that I add my information about one of the amazing ice dance teams from the 1984 Sarajevo Olympics - Torvill and Dean - (Note: Christopher Dean has been a choreographer for the US "Stars On Ice" show for many recent years).

Torvill and Dean (Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean) are British ice dancers and British, European, Olympic and World champions. At the 1984 Winter Olympics the pair became the highest scoring figure skaters of all time (for a single programme) receiving 12 perfect 6.0s, including artistic impression scores of 6.0 from every judge.[1] The pair turned professional following the 1984 Olympics, regaining amateur status briefly ten years later in 1994 to compete in the Olympics once again. The pair retired from competitive skating for good in 1999, but continue to work professionally, both separately and as a pair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2zbbN4OL98

Karenna
    Last edited by Karenna; 2nd June 2007 at 06:54.

Reputatie
    thanks, Karenna!
    Short on money,
    But long on time,
    And i'm running late,

Reputatie
    thank you karrena!!!