Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Timberwolves

Reputatie

Minnesota Timberwolves

Despite a rare flare-up or two over the past seven years, the relationship between Kevin Garnett and Stephon Marbury never reached the level of a feud.

As the pregame captains' huddle with the refs wrapped up prior to Monday's Timberwolves-Knicks game, Garnett and his former teammate chatted, smiled and hugged, with Garnett patting the back of Marbury's head. On Wednesday, at his team's morning shootaround before facing the Celtics, Garnett twice brought up Marbury's name, unsolicited, when talking about some fond memories.

First, he recalled how driven the two of them had been to be "the next Stockton and Malone with our own little flair and our identity." Then he reflected on his second NBA season and how it might have been his most enjoyable.

"My second year was probably my best," Garnett said, "because Steph was here, there was a youthfulness in the air, I saw him going through some of the same rookie transitions I went through, messing with him. But at the same time, having another young guy who I knew personally and enjoying the league at the same time, it was a great time."

The next question was obvious: Do you ever think about being teammates again?

"It'd be interesting," Garnett said. "I wouldn't oppose it. I have no beef with Steph. ... Yeah, I'd welcome Steph.

"I don't think Steph will come back to Minnesota, though. But I mean, New York's cold, New Jersey's cold. Who knows, man? We all mature and get older."

If not Marbury to Minnesota, how about Garnett to Manhattan?

"I'm not New York, man," he said, walking to the team bus. "I'm a Timberwolf at heart, man. But to have Steph back in 'Sota, that would be some crazy. That would be hot. That would revive the city."
    Numai Baschet, numai bine !

Reputatie
    gasiti varianta in romaneste aici: http://www.halfcourt.info/A55B25/Hal...8?OpenDocument
    "Unii oameni vor. Altii isi doresc. [B]Altii fac.[/B]" - Michael Jordan

Reputatie
    To go along with his team-high 29 points, Garnett snagged 13 rebounds in Wednesday's loss to the Boston Celtics, finishing with double-digit caroms for the 12th consecutive game. In addition, the Timberwolves' forward topped 9,000 boards for his NBA career, becoming just the sixth player in league history to record at least 16,000 points, 9,000 rebounds and 3,500 assists in his career.
    Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, Charles Barkley, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Karl Malone also accomplished the feat.

Reputatie
    Do you look around the league and see anybody that you kind of look at and go, “That was me ten or 11 years ago?”

KG: [...] Dwight Howard, he's ... he reminds me a little bit of myself. He's really poised. Comes off kind of shy, a little bit. That was me, believe it or not, ladies and gentlemen. But at the same time, he would work all day. I wasn't that gifted physically. He's really physical. And his body is I think really built for the NBA game. And from what I hear, he works really hard. So if there's anybody that I can say sort of has my mold, which is whatever you want to call it, I would say it would be Dwight Howard

Reputatie
    Indiana @ Minnesota 85-90
    Eddie Griffin - 17p 14reb 6blk
    Marko Jaric - 13p 10reb 7ast

Pentru prima data in acest sezon, 2 jucatori de la Timberwolves, altii decat KG, realizeaza "double-double", ba chiar apropiindu-se de triple double.

Garnett - 17/8/2 , Wally - 20/5/3

Hudson, Olowokandi - DNP

Reputatie
    The Wolves are 6-0 when Griffin plays 25 minutes or more, 0-7 when he plays less than 14 minutes.

Reputatie
    ca sa nu te simti singur pe threadu asta, am zis sa postez si eu si ca sa nu postez degeaba, iti zic ca eu citesc ce scrii ... numai ca ... nu prea am ce sa iti raspund
    Now this, my friend, is gonna be fun

Reputatie
    Cele 94 de "citiri" ma linistesc Si ma fac sa nu ma simt singur.Rolul acestui topic e ca un eventual fan al Timberwolves (sau eu peste cateva luni) sa aiba informatia care-l intereseaza la un loc, organizat. Despre interventiile voastre in acest topic, pot sa spun ca le astept cu nerabdare.

Reputatie
    MadSkills, eu sint un big fan al lui Kevin Garnett, dar threadul e despre Minnesota.
    Dar il citesc, cum citesc tot ce pot pe forum.
    Interesanta idee.

Reputatie
    Minnesota pica din nou in sfertul 4, asa cum fanii s-au obisnuit in ultimele meciuri.Dupa o perioada in care sfertul 2 era problema principala, acum sfertul 4 reprezinta momentul in care nimic nu mai merge.Garnett rateaza singura aruncare incercata in tot acest sfert 4 si incheie cu doar 13 puncte.

Reputatie
    Una dintre cele mai usturatoare infrangeri din acest sezon:

Detroit @ Minnesota - 107-83

De remarcat:

Chauncey Billups (transferat de la Minnesota, fiind preferat Terrell Brandon) - 0/4 FG in primul sfert, 0/3 in al doilea, 7/11 in al treilea, (4/6 3p) si 2/2 (2/2 3p) in al 4-lea, inainte de a lasa locul rezervelor.
    Timberwolves au marcat mai mult decat Kobe, cu 2 puncte.

P.S. KG din nou absent in sfertul 4, dar de data asta avea o scuza, era pe banca.

Reputatie
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnati on/polling?event_id=1995

Un chestionar dragut despre trade-ul Minnesota-Boston.
    Pana acum fanii sunt de parere ca Minnesota a iesit mai bine.Daca erau afisate si detaliile financiare, poate altfel statea treaba.

Reputatie
    Glen Taylor on radio about the trade:

- Upgrading center position, had counted on Kandi playing better but he isnt, Eddie it isnt his natural position, may still start Eddie but bring Blount off the bench
    - Davis and Wally are both good, just a different look,Wally is the shooter, Davis creates more,better for late in games and brings energy and speed and more defense

- Blount's contract: glen says he was very reluctant,wouldnt do a Kandi for Blount trade, but was willing with the other changes

- Doesnt want a rebuilding thing with going to a bunch of rookies,so they decided to do this ,sort of changing instead of rebuilding

- On Artest,says indy was looking for a certain type of player and contract,so not big chance at getting him, they didnt want to add Wally's salary

- on Orlando and Steve: Hartman says francis is available, Taylor says Steve would have like to come here but his high salary makes it complicated because we would have had to send 3 or 4 guys to match salary

- It came down to Orlando and Ooston for a trade

- Francis would have fit well,but the money and some stuff about him getting along with coaches made them back off

- KG's mood this season and trade involvment: McHale does what is best for the team ( ) KG says he was pleased with the trade before it was made , says he didnt call the shots but they ran it by him,

- Is this the team for a while or another trade coming: Taylor says they have some other deals ready to go,even involving players in this trade,but for now they want to see how fast they integrate into the team

- If they make another deal it would be for a little more experience, good shooters

- About mchale getting heat and running the team: talks about the history of the team and how they started from nothing, no top draft choices

- Says mchale has done better than 2/3's of the other teams, says he has done a good job with not having draft picks getting young players

- Says with KG here it wouldnt be fair to him to rebuild now,thats why they are making these decisions

- Asked about flexibility for the future and 2 picks given up: glen says he isnt worried about that , he has some alternatives and he made sure he has that flexibility

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSkillz
    Chauncey Billups (transferat de la Minnesota, fiind preferat Terrell Brandon)
    pfffff, halal fan minnesota.
    hai sa studiem putin istoria postului de PG la wolves intre 1996 si 2002:

1. stephon marbury
    - Selected after freshman season by Milwaukee in first round (fourth pick overall) of 1996 NBA Draft…Draft rights traded by Milwaukee to Minnesota for draft rights to Ray Allen and first-round draft choice on Jun. 26, 1996

- Traded by Minnesota [...] to New Jersey in three-way deal [...] Milwaukee sent Terrell Brandon to Minnesota [...] on Mar. 11, 1999

2. terrell brandon
    Se retrage la sfirsitul sezonului 2001-2002 pe motiv de genunchi facuti praf. Faimoasa, deja, microfracture surgery (daca tin bine minte)

3. chauncey billups
    - Signed as free agent by Minnesota Timberwolves (August 8, 2000)

- Signed as a free agent by the Detroit Pistons (July 17, 2002)

Concluzii

1. in locul unui ******* gelos si invidios ca marbury, wolves ar fi putut sa il aiba alaturi pe ray ray. un jucator extrem de altruist, bun defender, bun rebounder, excelent co-echipier, impreuna cu unul dintre cei mai buni shooteri din liga, un scorer, dar unul care nu a fost acuzat de egoism, si un all-around good guy.

eu zic ca s-ar fi completat perfect, si nu mai era nevoie decit de citiva role-players pt ca wolves sa fie contenderi la titlu.

asta fiind inca un mare minus pe CV-ul lui mchale

2. cind l-au dat pe marbury, nu au reusit sa ia pe el decit pe brandon, care, sa fim cinstiti nu era un PG rau. a avut in 1999-2000 17ppg, 3.4reb, 8.9ast, 1.9 stl
    dar cind a fost luat avea deja aproape 30 de ani, si, ghinionul lui wolves, s-a mai si accidentat

3. chauncey a fost adus in 2000 si a plecat (signed as a FA, nu prin transfer) in 2002, atunci cind s-a retras si brandon. deci in nici un caz nu se poate spune ca wolves l-au preferat pe brandon lui chauncey.

si ca sa fim drepti si corecti cu mchale, in ceea ce-l priveste pe billups, la vremea aia era un jucator mediocru spre slab. 12.5ppg, 2.8reb, 5.5ast (career best), 0.8stl si % mici la FG.
    in nici un caz nu se compara cu ce face anul asta: 19p, aproape 9ast si desi are in continuare % mici la FG, de la 3p trage aproape la fel de bine ca de la 2p - 42.5% la 3p si 42.6% overall (2p si 3p).
    cred ca billups e unul dintre jucatorii care au avut cel mai mult de cistigat avindu-l pe brown antrenor, si mai cred ca, fara el, billups ar fi putut ramine in mediocritate.

next time get your facts straight

Reputatie
    Get my facts straight ?! Ai scris toata povestea asta doar pentru ca am zis "transferat" in loc de "lasat sa plece, nu i-a fost propus un nou contract" ?! Geeeeez, man.

Billups was a FA and wanted to stay in Minneota but asked to be the #1 PG. Branndon was coming off an injury and still on a big contract so the Wolves gambled that he would be well enough to resume his duties so they let Billups go to Detroit. It backfired. The Wolves first mistake was giving Branndon the big contract in the first place.
    Last edited by MadSkillz; 28th January 2006 at 03:35.

16. 28th January 2006, 03:34
    Reason
    duplicate post

Reputatie
    well, what can i say. am inteles din ce ai zis tu ca crezi ca wolves l-au dat pe billups la schimb cu brandon. my bad.

si am mai gresit cu ceva ... brandon nu s-a retras in 2002, ci a ramas pe roster, chiar daca nu a mai jucat nici un joc. a fost dat la hawks, in transferul intre 4 echipe care l-a adus pe spree la wolves si pe vanhorn la knicks.

so, once again. my fault. to myself

Reputatie
    I'd ban your ass for life.

Reputatie
    Rex Chapman a declarat ca Minnesota este incantata de calitatile lui Marcus Banks si ca i se va oferi ocazia de a arata "ce poate".Banks a lipsit de la meci pentru a fi prezent la inmormantarea bunicii sale.Chapman a mai spus ca Reed nu este considerat "de umplutura" si ca reprezinta o versiune mai mare si mai puternica a lui Ronald Dupree.

Ricky a tinut neaparat sa joace azi si a fost adus impreuna cu avionul personal al lui Glen Taylor impreuna cu Blount.

In primul sau meci pentru Timberwolves, Ricky Davis nici ca putea oferi ceva mai frumos noilor sai fani.11 puncte inscrise in primul sfert au atras atentia aparatorilor asupra sa si au dat peste cap planurile celor din Houston, care probabil aveau lectiile facute pentru a-l opri pe Wally Szczerbiak, proaspat "livrat" Conferintei de Est.
    Kevin Garnett joaca evident cu mai multa ambitie si daruire.
    Rashad McCants arata ca poate, cel putin uneori, suplini absenta aceluiasi Szczerbiak, reusind primele sale 6 aruncari, dintre care doua de 3 puncte.
    Houston Rockets fac un meci bun si ei, 5 jucatori iesind in evidenta.T-Mac este liderul marcatorilor din Houston, cum era de asteptat, iar Stromile, Alston, Wesley si Chuck Hayes (?!?) au toti contributii importante pe tabela.
    Wolves iau si mentin un avans de aproximativ 10 puncte pe tot parcursul primelor 3 sferturi ale intalnirii.
    Marko Jaric este schimbat dupa doar 3 minute din meci si mai joaca apoi in jur de 9 minute in sfertul al 3-lea.
    In sfertul 4, problemele apar pentru Minnesota, semn ca unele lucruri nu se schimba asa usor.Inexplicabila decizia lui Dwane Casey de a nu-l mai folosi pe McCants dupa ce acesta a intrecut de unul singur echipa adversa in puncte marcate in sfertul al 2-lea.McCants 16, Rockets 15.Kevin Garnett si Tracy McGrady iau amandoi jocul pe cont propriu, marcand, recuperand si pasand la ambele panouri.Garnett insa beneficiaza de aportul semnificativ al lui Davis, care, cu mai putin de 3 minute ramase din meci, si-a trecut in cont 20 de puncte, 4 pase si 3 recuperari.
    Dupa un ultim sfert strans si cateva libere ratate de KG parca pentru a da sperante fanilor din Toyota Center, Minnesota se impune la 4 puncte diferenta, 96-92.In interviul sau de astazi, proprietarul Timberwolves a mentionat ca un motiv pentru transferul lui Ricky Davis "jocul bun pe final de meci", o problema capitala pana acum a lupilor.Davis s-a conformat si a iesit in evidenta pe final, aducand victoria.

Kevin Garnett : 26 puncte 7/13 FG 12/17 FT 12 recuperari 3 pase 4 capace
    Ricky Davis: 26 puncte 10/18 FG 5/5 FT 6 recuperari 3 pase - desemnat jucatorul meciului
    Rashad McCants : 18 puncte 8/10 FG 2/2 3P in doar 15 minute.
    Last edited by MadSkillz; 28th January 2006 at 09:04.

Reputatie
    Ricky is the man.
    "[SIZE=4][COLOR=Navy]CHAMPIONS ARE MADE, NOT BORN[/COLOR][/SIZE]" - Detroit Pistons, 2004 NBA Champions

Reputatie
    Parerea lui Mark Madsen despre transferurile recente:

Wow!!! Last night I was sitting in my hotel room and the phone rang.......no one ever calls me in my hotel room unless it's a tricky radio show just trying to see if anyone on our team will answer their hotel phone. It was Fred Hoiberg telling me that Wally, Dwayne Jones and Kandi-man just got traded to Boston! I was shocked. Any time you lose teammates and friends to a trade it's hard. Today in Shoot-around KG looked at me and said, "Man, it's a hard day today." Kevin Garnett was close to both Wally and Michael and he is one person who really values friendships and relationships. I think Kevin is going to miss everybody who got traded.

I stopped by Wally's hotel room and Michael's room too. Mike had stepped out for a second to go down to the front desk so I sent him a text. When he texted me back he touched on the fact that our two careers had so many parallels. We both went to college in Northern California then ended up in Los Angeles for a number of years playing for the clippers and the Lakers respectively. Then we spent two plus years together in MN and became great friends. At the end of his text he said, something along the lines of "I'll jump hook you when I see you next," meaning, he was going to shoot his jump hook over me. Well if you look at the schedule, I'll be seeing him really soon!

When I saw Wally in his hotel room he seemed kind of reflective. Wally has given his heart and soul to the Wolves and to the state of Minnesota for almost 7 years. I think it's hard for him to leave, but at the same time he acknowledged that in this game you can be traded at any time and that is one thing you can't control. I said to Wally, "So do you and Mike jump on a plane tommorrow and fly to Boston?" Wally laughed and said, "I don't know." Wally talked about how he was going to miss everyone and how at the same time he was excited about a new challenge and a new opportunity. I think Wally's wife Shannon is due to give birth to their second child on Monday!!!

Dwayne Jones is the other part of this equation. Dwayne is a GREAT player who is playing in the developmental league right now with whom I had a really close bond given that we spent a lot of time together in training camp. We lost Nikoloz Tshkosvili as well and I'm going to miss him a lot too. Nikoloz and I used to play a lot of one-on-one before games. I think Phoenix is the perfect fit for Nikoloz as he is very skilled and runs like a deer even though he is 7 feet tall.

When the dust settles I think this trade will be good for everyone involved. Ricky Davis is a great player who is emotional and very tough. I think the Target Center is going to like his style of play. Blount is long, skilled and a great shooter. Marcus Banks gives us yet another option at the point and Justin Reed is a tough, smart player who will be awesome off the bench. Watch for some Ricky Davis highlight reel dunks in the Target center!

Reputatie
    Ricky Davis:

"I've wanted to be here for the last five years," Davis said. "(Minnesota vice president of operations) Kevin McHale has been working to get me and I hope to pay him back for his confidence in me."

Kevin Garnett:

"He was everything I anticipated," Garnett said. "He's energetic, he keeps going -- he was Ricky Davis. When you get Ricky Davis, you get a high-energy player, a guy who plays hard for 48 minutes."