PDA

View Full Version : Boston Legal

Johnny D
3rd August 2016, 09:47
L-am scris in engluja ca review pt IMDB, nu mai stau sa-l traduc ca n-are sens, nu avem analfabeti pe forum!:D

I've seen many TV shows in my life and I can say undoubtedly that nothing's better than Boston Legal, the only show that I would give an over 10/10 rating from all I've seen till this day. 3/5 seasons done watching presently. With the exception of some anime because those can be called shows too, only animated shows.
It is simply fascinating, the more the seasons pass the more you comprehend Alan, a man that appreciates everything fine in life, one could argue not too different from any one of us, but the big difference relies in the manner in which he does it, he does it in an very specific and well determined kind of way. The most important thing for Alan is the moral justice, then his friends, then the law, then his profession which he loves, and only then his intimate pleasures/relations. He never sets himself astray from this order of life affairs, his heart simply can not let him to. He will not be hindered or swayed away from this well determined principles even if he has to face the USA Government to defend the law, the law to defend his friends, or even his friends to defend what is moral! And not that this would be unheard of, but you scarcely if ever find out this type of people/characters doubled by such a mind blowing intelligence and ability, as well as an absolute lack of humility in face of immoral factors or character persecution, he feels like it's a personal must to quest to face them.
With other words he would fight with everything he's got against the USA Government, against the law, even against his own firm and friends who employed him to defend what is right, what is fair with almost absolute and nearly insane disregard to his own benefit! That's why he doesn't make partner and nobody can trust him except the ones prejudiced by the government, by the law or by any other corporation, may it be even his own firm, or even his own dear friends.
Instead of "Boston Legal" this show could be easily called "He's got no chance! No, he's got Alan Shore!", as one (woman) says to him at one point "I hear you do wanders with the underdog!", he never backs down from a challenge no matter how hopeless for just the chance to relieve or at least attenuate the injustice done to the ones that can not defend themselves and no one else will or can or care, regardless of personal persecution.

The writing is nothing short of brilliant, genius at times even, combining elegantly comedy with tragedy, by E. Kelley who wrote also all of the 8 seasons of The Practice a show which I consider a damn worthy preamble to this masterpiece which is Boston Legal! Alan Shore(James Spader) 1st appears in the last season, season 8 of The Practice and he is such a charismatic character that E. Kelley made a show, this show centered around him. If you are a guy that is in the habit of enjoying elite life-concerning debates with the occasional tasty mind fuck, this is as good as it gets. It literally gives you the means to enjoy reason on a variant plateau of topics with the occasional sentencing of which the true jury is made of us, the spectators. My sentence can only be this: best show ever, I can not imagine it any better and I still have 2 seasons to go out of the 5.
Do I recommend it? Only if you trust your intellect enough to handle it!

I am not one to slander, but as a comparison, the show Suits (which I enjoy) can not hold a candle to this show basically because here you can really feel the semidesperate cries for justice and the tasteful "melee" courtroom battles in the eyes of the jury and those of the media, in the public eyes; while in Suits, although somewhat brilliant at times, the lawyering is reduced to the mimic of arrogant gestures, dick measuring, threats outside the courtroom and sheer blackmails towards the purpose of just rendering a plea outside true justice itself, on the low-hand I could say, behind the scenes, in secrecy.

PS: Denny Crane. Can't help it. :>

Johnny D
8th August 2016, 14:49
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukiiiiiin' SHAAAIT MAN! Godlike sezonu 4, mai ales ultimele 5-6 episoade!:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Johnny D
15th August 2016, 16:10
Gata! L-am terminat, toate 5 sezoanele! Exceptional! La finalul finalei finalelor Alan Shore il face pana si pe procuror sa planga in fata Curtii Supreme! Ce sa mai, cel mai bun serial pe care l-am vazut vreodata, de departe! Acum il incep de la inceput!:yes:

PS: Nu fu chiar procuror in situatia asta deoarece apara interesele statului, dar ma rog.:P

resita
24th August 2016, 22:39
denny crane is no. 1 :yes:

Johnny D
25th August 2016, 07:00
And those who love him!:yes:

Dante7
6th September 2016, 16:51
Chiar m-ai facut curios cu serialul asta :))

Johnny D
7th September 2016, 07:12
:sneaky: Eu ma uit a 2-a oara la el si-am inceput sa-i dau calificative fiecarui episod. Dar sunt la servici, am lista cu calificative acasa! :D

101 episoade in total si doar Denny si Alan le joaca pe toate! "Doar"... deoarece asa si e normal!:yes: Apropo, reveiew-ul care l-am facut in primul post a fost dupa primele 3 sezoane asa cum si scrie in el, dar cele mai bune din serial mi s-au parut sezoanele 4 si 5!:)):sneaky::cool: E atat de bun tocmai pentru ca nu-si pierde valoarea pe parcursul sezoanelor ca si Dexter sau multe alte seriale ce incep excelent, ei bine, asta devine chiar mai bun!:)) Si pana la final ai senzatia ca s-au epuizat cam toate ideile ce puteau fi abordate, te lasa satisfacut cat de cat, in masura in care ai mai vrea vreo 5 sezoane desigur, dar nu poti zice ca s-a lasat ceva pe dinafara ce trebuia abordat.