PDA

View Full Version : Juniorii promitatori din proba de dans- viitori campioni si staruri

Iulya
9th January 2009, 21:27
Aici vom discuta despre juniorii promitatori la proba de dans:

Canada:
Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL
Karen ROUTHIER / Eric SAUCKE-LACELLE

Cehia
Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK

Franta:
Terra FINDLAY / Benoit RICHAU

Italia:
Lorenza ALESSANDRINI / Simone VATURI

Rusia:
Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Jonathan GUERREIRO
Ekaterina PUSHKASH / Dmitri KISELEV
Marina ANTIPOVA / Artem KUDASHEV
Valeria ZENKOVA / Valerie SINITSIN

SUA
Madison CHOCK / Greg ZUERLEIN
Madison HUBBELL / Keiffer HUBBELL
Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI

Ucraina:
Alisa AGAFONOVA / Dmitri DUN

Daca mai stiti si alte nume adaugati

Iulya
6th March 2009, 19:30
Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI

http://web.icenetwork.com/images/2008/08/08/789K3WXl.jpg

Maia Shibutani
Born: July 20, 1994
Birthplace:New York, NY
Height:4' 8"
Level:Junior
Hometown:Greenwich, CT
School:Huron High School (Fall 2008)
Club: The SC of New York, Inc.

Maia began skating at age 4 ... Participated in the Basic Skills Program from 1998-99 ... Has been skating with her brother, Alex, as an ice dancing team for four years ... Former coaches include Kathy Bird, Andy Stroukoff, Susie Kelley, Mary Marchiselli and Josh Babb (2004-05), and Judy Blumberg, Patti Gottwein, Rich Griffin, Damon Allen and Erik Schulz (2005-06) ... Lived and trained in Colorado Springs from 2005-07 but moved to Ann Arbor in June 2007 to train under Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva ... Attends Huron High School ... Hobbies include photography (sports/action), design (clothing) and cooking/baking ... Has a passion for her family ... Favorite foreign city is Vancouver, Canada, because "it's beautiful, and the fans there really love skating" ... What sets her apart from others is her height ... Something that not many people know about her is her middle name is Harumi ... Biggest life-defining moments are winning four consecutive U.S. Championship medals ... Would like to appear on Project Runway because she would like to share her passion for fashion with others ... After her skating career, would like to be involved with sports in some way and continue her education ... Mother was a national-level pianist and father is an accomplished flutist ... Overcame a torn hip flexor muscle suffered three weeks before the 2006 U.S. Junior Championships to win the intermediate gold medal ... Would like to meet ballet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov ... Listens to pop, hip hop and rock music.

Favorite TV shows: Dancing with the Stars, Project Runway, Top Chef
Favorite movies: Music and Lyrics, Juno, My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Favorite celebrities: Apolo Anton Ohno, Kristi Yamaguchi
Favorite books: Any of the books from one of her favorite authors (Cornelia Funke, Anthony Horowitz, J.K. Rowling, Jonathon Stroud, Randy Pausch)
Favorite food: Japanese
Favorite drink: Shirley Temple, seltzer with lime, strawberry-banana smoothies

Alex Shibutani

Born:April 25, 1991
Birthplace:Boston, MA
Height:5' 8"
Level:Junior
Hometown:Greenwich, CT
School:Huron High School
Club: Broadmoor SC, Inc.

Alex started staking at age 7 ... Participated in the Basic Skills Program from 1998-99 ... Attends Huron High School ... Hobbies include following all Boston professional teams ... Favorite foreign city is also Vancouver, Canada, because "it's a beautiful city and the fans love figure skating" ... Has a passion for sports ... What sets him apart from others is "I have a terrific sister who will support me no matter what." ... Something that not many people know about him is he is a die-hard Boston sports fan ... Would have liked to have appeared on ESPN's Dream Job because he would like the opportunity to be a SportsCenter anchor ... After his skating career, would like to stay involved with sports and continue his education ... Would like to meet Red Sox player Jon Lester and Boston Celtics player Kevin Garnett.

Favorite TV shows: The Office, SportsCenter, The Daily Show
Favorite movie: Miracle
Favorite charity/cause: Special Olympics
Favorite celebrities: Bill Russell, Jon Stewart, Steve Carrell, Tiger Woods, Steven Colbert, Will Ferrell
Favorite book: The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Favorite Web site: www.espn.com
Favorite food: Hawaiian pizza
Favorite drink: Dr. Pepper

Coach:Igor Shpilband, Marina Zoueva, Johnny Johns, Adrienne Lenda
Choreographer:Igor Shpilband, Marina Zoueva

2008 Season Notes
Will be competing as juniors at the international level for the first time.

OD Music: Swing dance selections from film scores by composer Paul Englishby
FD Music: Selections from the film Cinema Paradiso composed by Ennio Morricone

Goal is to have a strong international debut on the Junior Grand Prix circuit.
2007 Season Notes
Will compete as juniors nationally; are ineligible to compete internationally as Maia does not meet the age requirements

OD Music: TBD
FD Music: TBD
Costume designer is Bobby Pearce.

Goal for the season is to skate and perform their best in their first year at the junior level.

2009 - World Junior Championships - 2nd
2009 - AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Junior - 2nd
2008 - Junior Grand Prix Final, Goyang City - 4th
2008 - Junior Grand Prix (Spain) - 2nd
2008 - Junior Grand Prix (France) - 1st
2008 - U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Junior - 4th
2008 - Midwestern Sectional, Junior - 3rd
2007 - State Farm U.S. Championships, Novice - 1st
2007 - Midwestern Sectional, Novice - 1st
2006 - North American Challenge Skate, Novice - 2nd
2006 - U.S. Junior Championships, Intermediate - 1st
2006 - Southwestern Regional, Intermediate - 1st
2005 - U.S. Junior Championships, Juvenile - 2nd
2005 - North Atlantic Regional, Juvenile - 1st

Video:
Free dance de la mondiale de juniori 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ONEuW7RxE
Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIB - 2008 JGP Madrid, original dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCFMJwJb8i4
Maia & Alex 2008 JGPF OD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib6HnrU4z5w
Maia & Alex - 07-08 FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVH7EJqyxc
Maia & Alex - 06-07 FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McxhneBBB44
Maia and Alex Shibutani 2005 Jr Champ Int Dance FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NrB23vPx8

irinaidu
7th March 2009, 00:32
ce draguti sunt :)

Iulya
9th March 2009, 09:03
Chock Full of Gold
Madison Chock and Greg Zuerlein

March 8, 2009
Article and Photo by J. Barry Mittan

http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2008/images/chock-zuerlein20903960.jpg
USA's Madison Chock, 16, and Greg Zuerlein, 20, perform to music from Minnie the Moocher and The Dancing Fool for their Original Dance at the 2009 World Junior Figure Skating Championships.

Madison Chock and Greg Zuerlein made a clean sweep of the major junior titles this season, both in the United States and internationally, hauling in gold at every event in which they competed.

After starting the season by winning their two Junior Grand Prixs in Italy and Great Britain, the couple won the SBS ISU Junior Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating in Goyang City, Korea in December.

They followed up by winning the U.S. National Junior ice dance title in January and the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships in Sofia, Bulgaria in February. They won each phase of the competition at each event.

"It was just so amazing being out there," Chock said of Junior Worlds. "It was absolutely incredible and everything just felt good. It has been such a great experience this year."

"Last year, we just wanted to get ourselves out there and show internationally what we are capable of," Zuerlein added. "This year we're more polished and ready. Our goal was to medal at the Final and at Junior Worlds. There was a lot of pressure on us to win Junior Worlds after we won the Final, but we tried not to think about it."

"We want to skate well and show what we have," Chock continued. "We knew that we had it in ourselves to win and hoped for the right circumstances."

"Our long-term goal is to reach the Olympics, at least 2014," Zuerlein shared. "It would be a dream come true to go in 2010, but that's probably too much to hope for."

"We're not sure yet what we'll do for next season," Chock said when asked. "We'll most likely be seniors in the U.S., which is a big step, and we hope to have another successful season."

The dancers both overcame injuries this season. Chock had tendonitis in her Achilles tendon, while Zuerlein broke his hand playing softball last summer. "I had my hand in a splint for about a month," he said. "I could skate but we couldn't do lifts."

Zuerlein started skating when he was four-years-old. "My parents took me and my older sister, Brittany, to open skating," he recalled, "and we both wanted to skate more so we went to Basic Skills class." Brittany competed at the Junior Synchro Worlds with her team. His mother also skated on an adult synchro team.

Zuerlein competed in singles, competing at the U.S. Junior Nationals in juvenile boys in both 2002 and 2003 before taking up dance in 2004. "Dance looked interesting," said the 20-year-old. I started doing a few solo dance competitions, then had a tryout with two girls, and I've loved it ever since."

Chock's full name is Madison La'akea Te-Lan Hall Chock. "La'akea means sacred light from heaven and Te-Lan means special or unique orchid," she explained. "My dad was born and raised on the Big Island. I am Hawaiian-Chinese on my dad's side and German, English, Irish, French and Dutch on my mom's side."

Now 16, Chock first went on the ice when she was five. "My parents liked to watch skating on TV," she remembered. "I started watching and got interested in it with all the girls in the sparkly dresses and wanted to do it." She competed up to intermediate ladies at Regionals, but never reached the national level in the ladies' division.

"When I was 12, some people approached me and asked me to dance," recalled Chock. "I wasn't really interested in dance but I tried it and I liked it."

She also tried pairs. "I did pairs for fun and took all the tests through intermediate," Chock said. "That was actually the tape I sent to Igor (Shpilband) when I wanted to come train with him."

Chock first started ice dancing with Kurt Lingenfelter. They placed fourth in intermediate dance in 2006. Zuerlein first danced with Anastasia Olsen, winning the bronze medal in intermediate dance in 2005. The team placed 12th in novice dance in 2006.

Chock and Zuerlein teamed up in June 2006 after they had both split with their previous partners. "We didn't go to the partner search," said Chock. "After we both split, we started skating together just for fun. It was convenient since we were both at the same club."

"She asked if I would like to skate with her, basically asking if we wanted to skate together, and I was all for it," Zuerlein added.

They placed fifth in novice dance at U.S. Nationals in 2007 and won the bronze medal in the junior division the following year.

Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva coach the couple, who train in Canton, Michigan. They usually train on ice for three to four hours a day, five days a week.

Shpilband and Zoueva also choreograph all of the couple's dances. "We go over a lot of music choices with Igor," Chock noted. "Then we choose what best suits us. We connect really well on the ice and we had done really well with West Side Story, so we thought we would try another love story." "We like to have expressive music that builds a connection between us and the audience," Zuerlein added.

The couple danced to the score of Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber for their free dance. "We've seen the movie," Chock stated. "It's one of my favorite movies because it's such an intriguing and beautiful piece – the music, the singing, the outfits. I watch it all the time."

Chock and Zuerlein used Minnie the Moocher and The Dancing Fool for their original dance. "It took quite a while to find the right music," Zuerlein said. "There were so many good music choices out there. The Charleston is upbeat. It's fun and light and a good contrast with our free dance."

"At the beginning of the season, we tried a jitterbug," Chock revealed, "but I've always liked Chicago and I wanted to do the Charleston."

"We didn't make many changes in our free dance, but we were always changing the original dance after each competition until after the JGP Final," Chock said. "We had a swing teacher come in and add the little things that make a difference."

For an exhibition program, Chock and Zuerlein are using Aerosmith's Come Together and Cryin.

Both of the dancers plan to be skating coaches and both work now coaching Basic Skills classes. Chock also teaches some private skating lessons, while Zuerlein works at the concession stand at an ice rink. He works about 20 hours a week, while she works ten.

Zuerlein is attending a community college, Schoolcraft College, taking 16 hours of classes. He plans to attend the University of Michigan in the fall studying business and information technology. Chock is a junior at Novi High School, where she is a member of the National Honor Society and was elected Student Council President in 2003.

"I want to do something along the lines of fashion marketing," shared Chock. "I collaborate on the design of all my dresses and I'm always having ideas and making sketches in my book."

Zuerlein enjoys playing soccer and softball with fellow skaters. "I played soccer from when I was four until I was 17," he said. "I was a midfielder and played in premier leagues and on my high school team as a freshman. Now I just play for fun. I also play on a summer softball team with the other skaters in a recreational league."

One of Chock's off-ice interests is film making. She won the International Family Film Fest Award in 2003 for a screenplay that she wrote.

Her other pursuits include hanging out with friends and going shopping or to the movies. "I love to swim in the summer or play tennis or golf," Chock said. "I'm also learning how to cook."

Iulya
13th April 2009, 00:17
Karen Routhier and Eric Saucke-Lacelle
Dancers Overcome Injuries in Successful Season
http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2008/041209.shtml

http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2008/images/routhier20903365.jpg

Canadian ice dancers Karen Routhier, 18, and Eric Saucke-Lacelle, 19, made great strides during the 2008-09 season, even though they battled through injuries. Routhier endured year-long pain in her left leg which limited her training time.

The young team won the junior ice dance title in Canada after taking the silver medal in 2008. It was Saucke-Lacelle's third Canadian title as he won pre-novice dance in 2005 and novice dance in 2006 with Christina Gignac, his previous partner.

This past February, Routhier and Saucke-Lacelle improved their placement at the World Junior Figure Skating Championships, moving up from tenth in 2008 to seventh.

"The level of difficulty was much higher this year than last in the top ten at Junior Worlds," Saucke-Lacelle underlined. "There were some tough teams we hadn't competed against before. We were hoping we'd end up between sixth and eighth and we did."

The dancers also won bronze medals at both of their ISU Junior Grand Prix events at Czech Skate and the John Curry Memorial.

"Next year, we'll compete as seniors at Canadians but stay in juniors internationally," Routhier revealed. "We hope to make the Junior Grand Prix Final and go back to Junior Worlds again." "We're going to try to do some senior summer competitions to get ready," Saucke-Lacelle added. "Maybe Minto Skate so our parents can come and see us."

Saucke-Lacelle is the more experienced of the pair, having started skating at three and ice dancing at eight. Although her mother was a skating coach, Routhier only began skating when she was six and didn't start dancing until she was 14.

The dancers, who have been together since the summer of 2006, have trained at the Mariposa School of Skating in Barrie, Ontario since January 2008 under a team headed by David Islam. "It's very different training here than in Montreal," Saucke-Lacelle explained. "David organizes and schedules everything for us. Our off ice training, ballet and gym work is all taken care of and it's mandatory that we do it. In Quebec, it was kind of an option."

Tyler Myles is their primary coach, while Kelly Johnson works on their choreography and presentation. Pavel Porac trains them in the basics. "He's the one who makes us do things over and over and over again until he's satisfied," Saucke-Lacelle noted.

"We also have a sports psychologist that we can talk to," said Routhier. "She came to visit us before Nationals, and helped us define our goals. They call it "off ice coaching" - teaching us how to manage stress and understand and control our emotions and stuff like that."

Routhier and Saucke-Lacelle trained five days a week for three hours a day last season. "Normally, it would be more," Routhier said, "but I have an injury to my calf muscle. I've been battling it for a year now. It's called tibial stress syndrome, basically from over use. Before we came to Barrie, I didn't have anyone to see about it, but I got therapy during the year."

"The main cure is just rest," she said. "I don't need any surgery. I can skate but not push too hard with it or it hurts."

The dancers will take the time to study the four compulsory dances that they will need for the 2009-10 season. "We've never done any of the dances in competition," Saucke-Lacelle noted. "I've done the Westminster Waltz and the Argentine Tango, but Karen needs to learn them. We don't know the other dances at all."

Kelly Johnson, Tyler Myles and Tessa Virtue choreographed their 1930s-style original dance for the 2008-09 season, using music by Bette Midler. The couple skated a blues and jive routine to P. S. I Love You and Stuff Like That There.

"We had nothing to do with choosing the music," Routhier said. "Our coaches had good ideas what would be good for us. Tessa helped us a lot on the details of the program."

Pasquale Camerlengo choreographed their free dance using two versions of Cinema Paradiso, one by Dulce Pontes and the other by Ennio Morricone.

"Tyler found the music for us before Junior Worlds last year and had the CD for us when we were in Sofia," Saucke-Lacelle stated. "It's a romantic theme," Routhier added. "We weren't telling a certain love story from the movie. It's just romantic, that's all."

Saucke-Lacelle listens to all kinds of music, while Routhier enjoys everything except heavy metal. Saucke-Lacelle is also an excellent musician himself. He plays the guitar, saxophone, drums, and piano.

For fun, Saucke-Lacelle said, "We watch a lot of movies. There's not much else to do in Barrie, but it's better than in Montreal. Here everyone is having fun and there are lots of skaters our age. In Montreal, there was a really big age difference and everyone lived far apart."

Saucke-Lacelle has graduated from high school and is taking time off. "It's hard to juggle school and skating," he explained. Routhier will finish next year by continuing to take correspondence courses from her school in Quebec. "I won't take any courses this summer because that's when we have the intensive part of our training," she noted.

irinaidu
13th April 2009, 16:22
eu nu ii stiu pe canadenii astia dar daca zici tu o sa caut ceva pe youtube.

Iulya
7th September 2009, 11:02
Orford and Rohon Look for Redemption

http://www.skatetoday.com/news-43-0-0-0--.html

Iulya
9th August 2010, 19:08
Talented dancers look for top spot in Juniors
Ksenia Monko and Kirill Khaliavin
http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/080810.shtml