PDA

View Full Version : Future of American Football in Romania? PART 1

Ballz
8th December 2008, 02:38
To whom it may concern,

For those of u who do not know mE personally, my name is Nicholas. I recently moved here from Athens, Greece to work. Upon my arrival I heard that there was a American football team in Romania, and that they could use my size (140 kg, 1.90m) AND experience.

My background is as such: 1997-98 High school football JV, then in 2002-2004 college NCAA Div. 3 in Boston. 2004-2008 Div. 1 Rugby in Greece (athensrugby.com) BECAUSE there was no American Football. A bunch of ppl tried to make one happen ( www.galf.info) BUT HAVE FAILED.

When I moved to Romania in Feb. I met Roman and Asked 1 question: How serious was this sport in Romania? Cuz if it was a bunch of kids playing, I wasnt interested, however, if it was a official club like it was told to me, I was interested. Ok, I admit, when I first saw the team, I met many who hadnt played the game for long, and still were unaware of many things regarding the issue of American Football and How to play the game. That was fine, No one is expecting u guys to be NFL players from day 1, it takes years and alot of discipline and sacrifice from everyone to play the game. So I told Roman I would join, bringing what little experience and knowledge I had of the game to help. BUT THE TRUTH IS, I SAW SERIOUS POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH...and that was the main reason I joined and wanted to be part of the WARRIORS experience.

Now yesterday, I received many comments from players, saying that I am like others, just talking and not doing anything. U r right, Until today, I have been talking. But talking about what? I have been talking about how we can grow, as a team for the warriors, how we can make Romania a location where Football is known, respected and played on the long run, how we should unite and instead of always arguing and fighting regarding many issues. BUT WHERE SHOULD I START. I wanted to help the warriors when I first came, by introducing the team to some good connections, and hoping that we could find sponsors and a better field. However, when people started talking badly about me ( I know all u did) and that I was taking the team to a HARDCORE level of trainning, and etc... i decided to step back, and watch how u guys would deal with the same issues u complained about me. So I stopped coming to practices ( granted i had a lot of work), I stopped calling and I stopped caring about the WARRIORS. During my absence, look what happened, many players left the team and created the Predators - their reasons, are their reasons, I do not need to get into that. Some wanted more control, some wanted to run the show, and some thought they new more and could offer more. FAIR ENOUGH. NOW THOUGH, THE YEAR 2009 will be a new year and and new season for all teams. NEW AND OLD. EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

NOW I AM BACK with the warriors, and I am going to do my duty to the team. however, a bigger question has been risen - What about Romania and RAFL?
In order for us to grow and become more experience, we need TO FIRST UNITE AS A UNOFFICIAL LEAGUE. Predators, Warriors, Sharks and others, all together, in the hopes of becoming better and more legitimate.

THIS IS WHY I PROPOSED TO ALL LEADERS OF ALL TEAMS TO MEET IN A NEUTRAL LOCATION, AND DISCUSS THE POSSIBILITY OF PLAYING EACHOTHER, PLAYING FOOTBALL IN ROMANIA, SPREADING THE WORD OF THE GAME, ETC....

Any one is welcome, As long as you come in hopes of contributing somethin positive to the idea and concept. BUT MY MAIN QUESTION IS: WHAT DO U HAVE TO LOSE BY NOT COMING, AND NOT PARTICIPATING? tHe answer is: u have nothing to lose, instead, u might come out of it better. thats all.

TEAM MEMBERS FROM ORADEA, CLUJ, IASJ, BUCHAREST AND CONSTANTA SHOULD MEET AND CREATE THE 1ST organized meeting of RAFL.

Ballz
9th December 2008, 00:36
Listen...( PART 2)

What do u guys have to lose ( LEADERS OF THE TEAMS)...what? Money? Time? What? WHY ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE PLAYERS AND THE TEAMS? WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT FOR U GUYS TO MEET? FORGET ME, THE ROMANIANS IN CONSTANTA, GLUJ, ORADEA, BUCHAREST AND OTHER LOCATIONS...WHAT ARE THE REASONS PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO MEET? THEY ALL HAVE DIFFERENCES, IN THE WAY THEY THINK ABOUT FOOTBALL, DIFFERENCES IN THE WAY THEY THINK THE TEAMS SHOULD BE RUN?

SO WHY NOT MEET? THE LOCATION IS NOT WHAT IS IMPORTANT. WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS THAT THE LEADERS OF ALL THE TEAMS, BE MORE MATURE...AND BE REALISITIC ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION.

ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:

DO U LOVE AMERICAN FOOTBALL?
DO U WANT TO SEE THE SPORT GROW IN THE COUNTRY?
DO U WANT TO SEE YOUR LOCAL TEAM GROW, CONTINUE AND PLAY ON A LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVEL?
DO U WANT YOUR TEAM, TO TRAIN AND PLAY LIKE A REAL AMERICAN FOOTBALL TEAM?

IF YOUR ANSWERS ARE YES, IT MEANS YOU TRULLY BELIEVE IN WHAT IS TRYING TO HAPPEN NOW. YES, the warriors started this subject, the warriors are trying to take the initiative. But we need to the support and understanding of all teams.

Believe me, WE ALL NEED HELP.

IF ANYONE HAS IDEAS, CONCEPTS, STRATEGIES... LETS START TALKING ABOUT THEM AND THEN, IF WE ALL AGREE, LETS MEET.
IF U WANT MY CELL...AND U WANNA DISCUSS THE ISSUES AROUND Football in Romania, regarding the disputes, the agreements and disagreements
and other things, please call me

Its simply a shame, we are doing our best and fulfilling our potential, because some of us have too much pride.

Please start thinking about this...

PS' PLEASE STOP DISSIN EACH OTHER OUT...THERE IS NO POINT IN IT...

Mr. White
9th December 2008, 23:18
YES.
YES.
YES.
YES.

I agree with you Nick, we should all get together and start really colaborating, not just get in contact on the phone or messenger FROM TIME TO TIME!

Let's make this 2009 year a different year. The fact that only ONE team in this country plays international games is not a factor...we need EVERYONE to PLAY. WARRIORS cannot keep doing it by themselves...LET's do something inside the country...so that we don't have to travel hundrends of kms outside the country.

Anyways, I call for everyone to answer the letter that Clau sent to everyone and meet up.

AMERICAN FOOTBALL MUST LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY!!!! IT WILL LIVE!!!!!

campuscodi
10th December 2008, 09:12
Propun moderatorilor sa inchida toate topicurile cu federatii, campionate, intalniri, viitor, etc., etc.

Daca vreti sa organizati asa ceva ne putem gasi pe mail, fax sau telefon.

Ne certam prea mult. Ne certam in public.

Mr. White
10th December 2008, 10:51
This is not a thread concerning a federation, this is a thread calling for a meeting to set up some ground rules, to set up some friendly games(scrimmages) for the following year, to make a 2009 schedule, so that every team knows when and against whom they have to play and prepare for that.
Yes there were letters sent and there will be phone calls made..this is just the forum where American Football in Romania took birth...and we want to let everyone know that SOMETHING is being done to keep it alive and develop it.
Plus, all teams seing this message may want to join privately...it doesn't matter...the important thing is that it's been made public....

It time to get together and decide where this sport is gonna go in this country.

Raven Jaguar
10th December 2008, 10:58
Cred ca asa e cel mai bine,discutam in private si evitam discutiile aprinse de pe forum.Sper sa se incheie aici orice alt tip de discutie!:)

Bogdan.Tudor
10th December 2008, 11:13
uraaaaaaaa
deci jucam asai da??

Ballz
10th December 2008, 21:34
Hey everybody, u are right..
No more insulting, no more shouting...
Fax and Calls dont work....u know that Preda, we have tried...
WE ALL WANT PEACE AND WE ALL WANT TO C FOOTBALL GROW HERE,
U KNOW ME, I HAVE NO REAL SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH NO ONE....
I SIMPLY DON'T LIKE the fact that ppl are trying sabotage our goals thats all

WE WILL KEEP TRYIN, HOPING FOR THE BEST, EXPECTING THE WORST

r0bby
11th December 2008, 17:25
Thread closed.