PDA

View Full Version : "Rider X"

Iulya
20th July 2008, 02:02
articolele/interviurle realizate de guido meda pt:
http://www.sportmediaset.it
traducerile sunt realizate de membra forumului powerslide.net BikerGirl

http://www.sportmediaset.it/motori/articoli/13415/Pilota%20X+Guido%20Meda+motogp+motomondiale+curios ità%20e%20notizie

Rider X speaks at Assen
Anonymous interview with an Italian rider...

Mild temperatures, a Saturday race and a week off. Are you happy with Assen?
Happyish. It’s disgusting what they’ve done to the track. It’s best bit used to be where they’ve now put up a large shed which i believe is a museum. They’ve changed some curves, added references. It’s not the worst, it’s still nice, but nothing compared to what it was like in the past and now there’s better tracks around. The atmosphere is fantastic, that yes.

Will Simoncelli be nervous? The Spanish press has attacked him calling him a dirty rider.
One can’t say of Simoncelli that he’s an absolutely incorrect rider. He did something really stupid, but it was damaging mostly to himself. It’s just that there always seems to be a Spaniard involved. He’s got to be careful, but Donington was the first time he failed to control his aggression.

Well at Mugello however...
At Mugello what? He just did what we’ve all been doing for a lifetime. One could say, and we’ve all said it, that it’s not right to change the line, but we’ve all done it. But then, the Spanish talk?

Well yes, because what’s up with the Spanish?
Come on, they were the ones who invented sneaky moves on track. Nieto was great even because of that. He would lie flat on the bike during hard braking, or he’d pull himself upright as though to brake and meanwhile he’d have the throttle open. Those behind him really were risking a lot, but meanwhile he won and he was a hero.

Everyone draws water towards his own mill. The Spanish press...
The Spanish press is much worse than ours. They are born sensationalists. If they hear a rumour they immediately turn it into news. You guys at least use a conditional if you’re not sure. They’re just boom, they throw it in. Now, if Simoncelli is a dirty rider, Barbera belongs in jail. Things should be more moderate true, but there are no criminals here.

What will Melandri do here?
It’s hard to get out of such a complicated situation. Your head just goes off. The Ducati is not unrideable, but you’ve got to adapt to it. The limit is finding out you only have one riding style.

Which is?
Melandri is beautiful on the bike, that is to say, he used to be beautiful. A rider who does not brutalise his bike. It’s understood that the Ducati just doesn’t take itself into a bend, you have to send it in. And in order to get out of a curve you have to use the throttle, the weight of your body and the deformation of the tyres and the frame. You have to move on it, you have to live it. Maybe he’s not doing that enough. But he can get a second closer to stoner. The rest doesn’t matter.

He’s asking for changes to the bike which he’s not getting. What does it mean?
If he modifications he wants are the shortening of a lever by one centimetre, as I’ve been told, they are not modifications that will change the situation. Maybe he wants other things but since he doesn’t get them he ends up stuck on little things.

Elias however is not as tidy as Melandri. How do you explain it?
Yes, but his shortcomings are even worse. He’s never on the bike. He’s always out, always hanging on. Never in the saddle. He doesn’t load the front, he doesn’t load the rear, he doesn’t move lengthwise.

So?
So he doesn’t control the traction. He cannot guarantee it. Traction comes from that too. Then you’d have to actually be on it to be sure. The only one who’s doing his duty in every way he can is Guintoli. Only he’s got limits which are very far worse than a Melandri, or an Elias on good form.

Who do you see on it? Who knows how to adapt?
Apart from Stoner and Rossi? Capirossi has already done it. Lorenzo maybe. Better still Dovizioso, but...”

But?
But now very few would be willing to take the risk of finding out they’re not adequate. Hayden will go, however he’s no Stoner and never will be.

Canepa and Gibernau?
Well, anything can happen. With Canepa you’ve got to go slow. At Mugello he’s put in millions of kilometres, Barcellona is similar but in Brno he suffered and races are something else. When you take off in a large group you might as well have won the Superstock world championship but the realisty is another thing. Maybe I’m wrong. It seems to me he’s a good boy, and intelligent too.

And Gibe?
I know Gibe has taken some very short ridres, because his physique isn’t really up to it. He needs to prepare himself and try again. I’m not surprised he lapped in 51.7. Even Schumacher was the fastest on the Ferrari after a year out. Try doing 20 laps in 50.5 and you’ll see it’s altogether another story. You’re judging too much based on single laps, which don’t mean anything.

However Canepa has the advantage of being young, easily another one of the young guys of the electronics generations who aren’t having regrets...
It’s a common half misconception. If we want to talk about boring races, I agree. The tyres last, the electronics work, and if you’re not perfect with everything it takes you a lifetime. But if we want to say that the rider doesn’t count, that’s just bullshit.

Stoner and Ducati are back to what they were last year?
And how should I know? At Donington it seemed like it. But it was a bit late. And then you’d have to see in the long term, on other tracks. It seems to me Rossi isn’t about to be caught up with. He just needs to control Pedrosa a little better.

Pedrosa who is a good rider!
He’s good yes, but he doesn’t have Valentino’s hard braking. Not even anywhere close.

Iulya
20th July 2008, 02:06
cred ca acesta e inainte de cel de la assen

Rider X interview after tests

The secrets of the tests.
An interview with rider “X”

Yesterday’s tests. What do you think?
I think they’re mad at Ducati. Very clever but mad.

Why?
They’re showing their cards. Stoner on the new bike went out and lapped in 49.3 then at the second lap he put in a 42.8. He likes the bike but it’s not new new. I think only the chassis was new. Of course they’re going to go ahead with development. However if they get the chassis right with the engine they’ve got they’re already half way through the work and then it’ll be trouble. And we’re not even one third through the season.

Suppo however says that it won’t be used in races until next year?
And you believe him? I mean, if they’ve got a chassis which is going better with the same engine, give me just one reason why they should keep it in the freezer till next season.

Frankly I really wouldn’t know.
Look they could even have said nothing. With the brains around here probably almost nobody would have noticed.

Well it’s enough for just one person to notice, the end result would be the same.
Do you know how many things have happened under your noses throughout the years without you guys even noticing?

For example?
Well for example the Yamaha went on with the 2005 chassis for a lifetime, practically including all of last year and meanwhile you were being told they had a new chassis. They talked freely about a new chassis to resolve Valentino’s chattering issues. Instead they’d just gone back to the 2005 one. And you guys were saying the bike went better with the new chassis. And Yamaha was running the old one. Just forget it.

But the idea of a chassis in carbon fibre? What do you think?
It’s not a new idea. Others have already tried and discarded it. But this time it’s different. Because the Ducati chassis is not a large load bearing structure. It’s two short arms which come out of the airbox, practically it’s the airbox which becomes a chassis. The load bearing element is still the engine which however still has torsional problems of its own, so this is being resolved by holding it in a carbon fiber vice. You’ll see, it’ll work. And well too. And if it works well it’s also a great marketing coup, because a novelty like that can replace even what’s currently on the market. If it works, in a few years from now the Ducati will no longer be the bike with tube frame chassis but the bike with a carbon fiber chassis. Nobody complains and all Ducatisti will know they have something exclusive.

But?
But Stoner is really something else. That is, he tries something new and on his second lap he puts in a hair raising time.

And Melandri?
Melandri didn’t have it. We’ll see today. Maybe it’ll be a change for the better.

Stoner was faster than Rossi.
Pity it was Monday. On Sunday Rossi won the duel. And it was a hard one because there was Stoner’s victory from last year to be washed away. And it was washed. And how.

Suppo just reminded me that it’s been 6 races out of 7 that Rossi has done better than Casey.
It’s good of him to admit that. As long as he admits it it means they’re motivated to try and turn the situation around. It’s not over. You’ll see.

Other things that we haven’t noticed? That we haven’t understood?
Honda’s electronics, it’s outrageous that you guys don’t know that the official bikes and the client ones have totally different electronics.

In what sense? Can you explain it in an elementary manner?
Of course, because the whole concept is elementary. The official Honda bikes have that system which is now widely used, even in 250, where the cpu output is mapped according to where the bike is on the track. Basically the bike is aware. On the client bikes however the gearing is mapped and that’s it. At any point on the track each gear will work in the same way. And please note there’s a huge difference between a bike that is programmed curve by curve and one that is programmed gear by gear.

Too much?
Too much according to me. Too much to bring out the true value of the rider. That only emphasises exactly how great a race De Angelis had at Mugello and Dovizioso in Barcellona.

You don’t like electronics. But are you happy with your season so far?
Maybe. Maybe not. If I say it’ll be easy to understand who I am. Actually, what have you called me?

X
Like Jackie X, the guy of the cars?

No, just like any guy called X who remains anonymous.
Stupid.

Iulya
20th July 2008, 02:11
NOW ACCORDING TO ME THE ALARM BELLS SHOULD BE RINGING IN MOTOGP
Our Rider X exposes a serious problem in the world championship.

I’m not very good at writing but let’s say this is my attempt to make a heartfelt contribution to the activity that earns me my bread. In great quantities too, I am well aware. Maybe it’s also for this that I really love motorcycling. Therefore, you may consider my comments as being very petty or very passionate. As you wish, I don’t care. What I care about is the result.
So we’re at three: three compliments, open, gratuitious from Valentino to Superbike, to its racing. Three offers to race there “one day, when I’m older”. Three times in which he’s said “In superbike you can see the kind of racing we used to enjoy, with lots of overtaking and less electronics”.
Three in less than one month. You know Valentino right? He’s intelligent and he knows how to send a message about one thing whilst talking about something else at exactly the right moment. I would imagine Ezpeleta has had news of it (considering the news has reached me, I who never ever read anything?!) I also guess that he is enjoying those comments as much as one would enjoy a cat sticking its claws into the seat of his pants.
I think Vale is saying what a lot of people are thinking. Motogp now is the least fun it’s been in the past ten years, whoever of us wins. No overtaking and not even a hint of last lap emotions. A journalist was pointing out to me that for four races in 2008 the rider who won the race was already leading the race by the end of the first lap. For as many more, the arrival order was decided in the first few laps.
Yes it’s true. But we’re not seeing any signs from the relevant institutions that there is any willingness to review the formula. The federation, which safeguards the sport (in theory) remains silent. Of course the tv ratings are good however. But is it enough? No, because it takes an instant for it to fall apart.
I won’t sit here and say the fault really lies in the electronics, safe but which makes its presence felt, or in the tyres, very evolved and very funky. I think however it could be both things together. Of course there are strange coincidences, of course we could or should set up a meeting to discuss this, even if it leads nowhere. But it’s a priority even more urgent than that strange and murky thing which is happening with the 250’s. But that’s another story.
I race. I enjoy myself ok, but I don’t understand how anyone watching from the outside, the decision makers, can fail to feel uncomfortable about it. We’ll talk further, about this and more. You’ll see. Ciao.
Rider X

http://www.sportmediaset.it/grandprix/articoli/13377/

Iulya
20th July 2008, 02:14
Pedrosa KO’d? He should take it up with Puig
Rider X gets ready for Laguna Seca and has a worrying thought about the Spaniard’s accident.

So, Everything ok?
And how could it be otherwise in a place like this. Shopping in San Francisco, great weather, a race to run and holidays round the corner.

I think Pedrosa wouldn’t agree with you.
I don’t want to talk about that.

That’s impossible, I’m here to talk. Talk.
I pity Pedrosa. I’ve seen him look unwell and I’m worried that he’s here. I also have an issue with the fact that everything seems to be ok between him and Puig.

Why?
Don’t you remember that at the beginning of the season, when he was well ahead in a race, they were telling him he had a much smaller advantage than the one he actually had? There, I remember that you guys, and rightly so, had criticised that situation. A rider needs to be told the truth. Because if you make him push extra hard and he gets injured, then he gets injured because he’s been lied to.

So you’re saying that it happened at Sachsenring too?
Maybe, but I’m not the one saying it as I had other things to think about. Some people who were working at the pitwall said it. They said that Dani was being shown an advantage of two and a half seconds less than that which he actually had. Just when he fell.

But why?
Let’s say that he had a strategy in mind where he set himself an objective which he wouldn’t slow down before reaching in order to ensure himself a win, and let’s say that when he had already reached the advantage he had set himself he was being told from the pitwall that he still had a good bit left to go. I think that’s an irresponsible initiative.

And if they did that to you and you won because of it?
After the podium I would be almightily pissed off. I want to feel like a man, I’m a rider, I know what I’m doing and I want maximum transparency when I’m racing. If the few tidbits of information I get during the race are lies which I’m flying past at 300km per hour I would be furious, very much so. However, if he’s happy...Maybe he’s ok with it. Maybe he’s the one who asked to be pushed in that way, using doubt.

Well, he doesn’t seem happy to me...
Precisely. Also because here you can’t do what Bayliss used to and ride without using the clutch. Over here you need it. It’s one of the ‘manual’ helps you have when you need to brake.

How about a clutch using the thumb? Like Doohan used to do with his rear brake?
Are you kidding? In this place the clutch needs a lever, a long one. They’re mega clutches. You’d have to have Hulk’s thumb, certainly not Pedrosa’s. To me it’s unthinkable. If he manages to ride here it’s because they’ll give him enough painkiller to numb a horse.

Laguna Seca?
I can’t tell you if it’s my first time here or whether I’m a veteran. But it’s a very particular track. To me it’s still dangerous when compared to our usual standards. There, it’s one of those few tracks where you need time to get used to it and gain confidence.

And the rookies?
There, that’s it. According to me those guys should get an extra turn. As happened 3 years ago when racing came back here for the first time. Not doing that is unfair.

Will the Americans from the AMA like Hacking and Spies do well?
Maybe Spies who’s already slightly familiar with the Suzuki, otherwise I really don’t think so. We’ve already seen it with Duhamel. These bikes are very different. Do you get that or not? You have to be precise, to the millimetre, an engineer. They’re used to an altogether different type of riding, completely different bikes. Well, the level of AMA which tends to be quite hyped up is actually much below that of the world superbike.

http://www.sportmediaset.it/grandprix/articoli/13719/

uuuio068
7th March 2009, 23:27
Bump up then lurkCHAPTER XXIV   There was now no one in the reception room except Prince Vasili and the eldest princess, who were sitting under the portrait of Catherine the Great and talking eagerly. As soon as they saw Pierre and his companion they became silent, and Pierre thought he saw the princess hide something as she whispered:  "I can't bear the sight of that woman."  "Catiche has had tea served in the small drawing room," said Prince Vasili to Anna Mikhaylovna. "Go and take something, my poor Anna Mikhaylovna, or you will not hold out."  To Pierre he said nothing, merely giving his arm a sympathetic squeeze below the shoulder. Pierre went with Anna Mikhaylovna into the small drawing room.  "There is nothing so refreshing after a sleepless night as a cup of this delicious Russian tea," Lorrain was saying with an air of restrained animation as he stood sipping tea from a delicate Chinese handleless cup before a table on which tea and a cold supper were laid in the small circular room. Around the table all who were at Count Bezukhov's house that night had gathered to fortify themselves. Pierre well remembered this small circular drawing room with its mirrors and little tables. During balls given at the house Pierre, who did not know how to dance, had liked sitting in this room to watch the ladies who, as they passed through in their ball dresses with diamonds and pearls on their bare shoulders, looked at themselves in the brilliantly lighted mirrors which repeated their reflections several times. Now this same room was dimly lighted by two candles. On one small table tea things and supper dishes stood in disorder, and in the middle of the night a motley throng of people sat there, not merrymaking, but somberly whispering, and betraying by every word and movement that they none of them forgot what was happening and what was about to happen in the bedroom. Pierre did not eat anything though he would very much have liked to. He looked inquiringly at his monitress and saw that she was again going on tiptoe to the reception room where they had left Prince Vasili and the eldest princess. Pierre concluded that this also was essential, and after a short interval followed her. Anna Mikhaylovna was standing beside the princess, and they were both speaking in excited whispers.  "Permit me, Princess, to know what is necessary and what is not necessary," said the younger of the two speakers, evidently in the same state of excitement as when she had slammed the door of her room.  "But, my dear princess," answered Anna Mikhaylovna blandly but impressively, blocking the way to the bedroom and preventing the other from passing, "won't this be too much for poor Uncle at a moment when he needs repose? Worldly conversation at a moment when his soul is already prepared..."  Prince Vasili was seated in an easy chair in his familiar attitude, with one leg crossed high above the other. His cheeks, which were so flabby that they looked heavier below, were twitching violently; but he wore the air of a man little concerned in what the two ladies were saying.  "Come, my dear Anna Mikhaylovna, let Catiche do as she pleases. You know how fond the count is of her."  "I don't even know what is in this paper," said the younger of the two ladies, addressing Prince Vasili and pointing to an inlaid portfolio she held in her hand. "All I know is that his real will is in his writing table, and this is a paper he has forgotten...."  She tried to pass Anna Mikhaylovna, but the latter sprang so as to bar her path.  "I know, my dear, kind princess," said Anna Mikhaylovna, seizing the portfolio so firmly that it was plain she would not let go easily. "Dear princess, I beg and implore you, have some pity on him! Je vous en conjure..."  The princess did not reply. Their efforts in the struggle for the portfolio were the only sounds audible, but it was evident that if the princess did speak, her words would not be flattering to Anna Mikhaylovna. Though the latter held on tenaciously, her voice lost none of its honeyed firmness and softness.  "Pierre, my dear, come here. I think he will not be out of place in a family consultation; is it not so, Prince?"  "Why don't you speak, cousin?" suddenly shrieked the princess so loud that those in the drawing room heard her and were startled. "Why do you remain silent when heaven knows who permits herself to interfere, making a scene on the very threshold of a dying man's room? Intriguer!" she hissed viciously, and tugged with all her might at the portfolio.  But Anna Mikhaylovna went forward a step or two to keep her hold on the portfolio, and changed her grip.  Prince Vasili rose. "Oh!" said he with reproach and surprise, "this is absurd! Come, let go I tell you."  The princess let go.  "And you too!"  But Anna Mikhaylovna did not obey him.  "Let go, I tell you! I will take the responsibility. I myself will go and ask him, I!... does that satisfy you?"  "But, Prince," said Anna Mikhaylovna, "after such a solemn sacrament, allow him a moment's peace! Here, Pierre, tell them your opinion," said she, turning to the young man who, having come quite close, was gazing with astonishment at the angry face of the princess which had lost all dignity, and at the twitching cheeks of Prince Vasili.  "Remember that you will answer for the consequences," said Prince Vasili severely. "You don't know what you are doing."  "Vile woman!" shouted the princess, darting unexpectedly at Anna Mikhaylovna and snatching the portfolio from her.  Prince Vasili bent his head and spread out his hands.  At this moment that terrible door, which Pierre had watched so long and which had always opened so quietly, burst noisily open and banged against the wall, and the second of the three sisters rushed out wringing her hands.  "What are you doing!" she cried vehemently. "He is dying and you leave me alone with him!"  Her sister dropped the portfolio. Anna Mikhaylovna, stooping, quickly caught up the object of contention and ran into the bedroom. The eldest princess and Prince Vasili, recovering themselves, followed her. A few minutes later the eldest sister came out with a pale hard face, again biting her underlip. At sight of Pierre her expression showed an irrepressible hatred.  "Yes, now you may be glad!" said she; "this is what you have been waiting for." And bursting into tears she hid her face in her handkerchief and rushed from the room.  Prince Vasili came next. He staggered to the sofa on which Pierre was sitting and dropped onto it, covering his face with his hand. Pierre noticed that he was pale and that his jaw quivered and shook as if in an ague.  "Ah, my friend!" said he, taking Pierre by the elbow; and there was in his voice a sincerity and weakness Pierre had never observed in it before. "How often we sin, how much we deceive, and all for what? I am near sixty, dear friend... I too... All will end in death, all! Death is awful..." and he burst into tears.  Anna Mikhaylovna came out last. She approached Pierre with slow, quiet steps.  "Pierre!" she said.  Pierre gave her an inquiring look. She kissed the young man on his forehead, wetting him with her tears. Then after a pause she said:  "He is no more...."  Pierre looked at her over his spectacles.  "Come, I will go with you. Try to weep, nothing gives such relief as tears."  She led him into the dark drawing room and Pierre was glad no one could see his face. Anna Mikhaylovna left him, and when she returned he was fast asleep with his head on his arm.  In the morning Anna Mikhaylovna said to Pierre:  "Yes, my dear, this is a great loss for us all, not to speak of you. But God will support you: you are young, and are now, I hope, in command of an immense fortune. The will has not yet been opened. I know you well enough to be sure that this will not turn your head, but it imposes duties on you, and you must be a man."  Pierre was silent.  "Perhaps later on I may tell you, my dear boy, that if I had not been there, God only knows what would have happened! You know, Uncle promised me only the day before yesterday not to forget Boris. But he had no time. I hope, my dear friend, you will carry out your father's wish?"  Pierre understood nothing of all this and coloring shyly looked in silence at Princess Anna Mikhaylovna. After her talk with Pierre, Anna Mikhaylovna returned to the Rostovs' and went to bed. On waking in the morning she told the Rostovs and all her acquaintances the details of Count Bezukhov's death. She said the count had died as she would herself wish to die, that his end was not only touching but edifying. As to the last meeting between father and son, it was so touching that she could not think of it without tears, and did not know which had behaved better during those awful moments- the father who so remembered everything and everybody at last and last and had spoken such pathetic words to the son, or Pierre, whom it had been pitiful to see, so stricken was he with grief, though he tried hard to hide it in order not to sadden his dying father. "It is painful, but it does one good. It uplifts the soul to see such men as the old count and his worthy son," said she. Of the behavior of the eldest princess and Prince Vasili she spoke disapprovingly, but in whispers and as a great secret.2009Wow leveling, wow power leveling (http://www.wotlk-powerleveling.com), Cheap WoW Power Leveling Store, we professionally focused on providing World of warcraft Power Leveling (http://www.wotlk-powerleveling.com/wow-power-leveling.html) service and offers 24/7 non-stop power leveling and wow gold service. With the quickest speed and best service we will satisfy your powerleveling aspiration for your game.