PDA

View Full Version : English Forum: the beginning

Pages : [1] 2 3

ioanavol
13th March 2008, 22:30
Since summer 2007 the group of the (Romanian) gymnastics fans on this forum significantly increased. We discovered each other here, we made friends, and, hopefully, we'll see each other soon at the Nationals in June:yeah:.

We are aware, however, that there are even more fans of Romanian gymnastics outside Romania. This is quite clear from the great number of sites and forums dedicated to our gymnasts. Most of the information on the World cup competitions and other meets can actually be found on these sites.

We are really grateful for this and, as a result, we thought that it might be also nice to welcome these people here, "at home", on our forum. Maybe some of them are already users, maybe others only have a look from time to time at what we write...for all of them we made this part of the forum where we can share our opinions. We started with a thread and, if you find this useful, we can make a whole English subforum for this:) It's entirely up to you.

Welcome and enjoy!:ok:

delaparis
13th March 2008, 22:34
good idea :ok:

MartinaE
16th March 2008, 15:04
Hello everyone! :)

This is a fantastic idea, and I will be more than happy to talk about gymnastics with everyone on here. :)

crisloregym
16th March 2008, 15:58
Hi, Martina. Wellcome!!!! :) We are soo glad to have you among us!!!! I also believe this English thread is a very good idea and I hope we will have more and more visitors. Meanwhile, if there are things you would like to find out from us, please ask, maybe we can answer:)

mikeyy
16th March 2008, 16:14

This is a fantastic idea, and I will be more than happy to talk about gymnastics with everyone on here. :)

Hello Martina and welcome/hello
Nice to see you here:ok:

ioanavol
16th March 2008, 17:07
WELCOME, MARTINA:)
let's hope others will also join us soon;)

ioanavol
16th March 2008, 17:45
Because now we have a least a member on this forum, I will summarize here what we discussed in the last days:

1. Marian Dragulescu's problem seems to be less critical as everybody thought. Acording to an article in Cotidianul (http://www.cotidianul.ro/index.php?id=18490&art=44535&cHash=9dcfab8f8d) he is going to have a surgery in the US (in Las Vegas), which should get him back on track within 3 weeks. The time is now his worst enemy, taking into account that the surgery should be an easy one.

2. Larisa Andreea Iordache is one of our big hopes for OG 2012! Described as a "New Nadia" in Jurnalul National (http://www.jurnalul.ro/articole/119086/noua-nadia+larisa+iordache&hl=ro&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ro&lr=lang_ro), Larisa was born on 19th June 1996 and her dream is to become like Nadia.
She is the 2007 Romanian champion, started doing gymnastics at Dinamo Bucharest and now she trains with the other juniors in Onesti, with the junior national team coaches Daniel Nistor and Aurica Nistor, with Cristi and Lacramioara Moldovan.

Here there are two of her exercises (2007):
FX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFbOZvKZPoE&NR=1
BB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvY6o...eature=related

3. European Championships this year in France: what are the medal chances for Romania? (taking into account that Vanessa Ferrari's performance wasn't too great in the last months, that the french girls improved a lot and will be at home, but also that Zgoba and Tweedle will not be there...)

Tess_AN
16th March 2008, 18:13
Thank you Ioana for the news. Welcome Martina!
I am not sure if you expect an answer, but here you go my bid: Steliana Nistor - gold BB, silver UB. Sandra Izbasa gold FX, bronze BB, Cerasela Patrascu -bronze UB. Romanian Team - silver.

ioanavol
16th March 2008, 19:15
yes, I intended to open a discussion;)

I will put mine (although it's not much different than yours;)):
Romania-gold
Steliana-gold (BB), silver (UB)
Sandra-gold (FX), bronze (BB)-maybe shared with Gabriela Dragoi
I do not know about Cerasela...I have a feeling that Vanessa will get the bronze on UB.

crisloregym
16th March 2008, 20:13
Well, mines are:

Romania-gold/silver (it depends on the girls' performances...if they hit, it will be gold)
Steliana- gold (BB-if she hits), silver-UB
Sandra- gold FX (if she hits her routine)
another medal on BB, Sandra or Dragoi, it depends on how recovered Sandra is and in how much difficulty Dragoi added to her routine (given the fact that we haven't seen her BB performances since last year)
I don't think Cerasela can medal on bars unless she prepares us some surprises:D

Tess_AN
19th March 2008, 22:46
Nobody else wants to "get in the game"? Based on the above, Steliana returns home from Euro as a hero! I can not wait to see her happy smile!

crisloregym
19th March 2008, 22:47
According to two different articles published in Prosport, there will be a team competition held in Salonic, Greece.

On the women side, Romania will be represented this week-end by Anamaria Tamarjan, Cerasela Patrascu, Gabriela Dragoi, Alina Stanculescu and Dana Druncea (so good news about Druncea and Stanculescu!!!!)
On the men side, Romania will be represented this week-end (in Budapest) and next week (in Greece) by Cosmin Malita, Adrian Bucur, Alin Jivan, Robert Stanescu, Ovidiu Buidoso and Dan Potra.

Good luck to our gymnasts!!!!!!!!

ioanavol
20th March 2008, 00:22
well, I still hope there will be people joining this thread...till then it's nice to keep it up to date. so thx Cris for summarizing the news:)

Tess_AN
24th March 2008, 03:52
March 23, 2008 - Prosport:
Women Gymnastics Meet Greece-Romania. March 22, 2008
1. Romania 176.050
2. Grecia 161.950

Individual Results:
1. DRAGOI GABRIELA 14.200 14.300 15.500 14.750 58.750
2. TSAKALIDOU VICTORIA 14.500 11.450 14.600 13.85 54.400
3 TAMIRJAN ANAMARIA 0 14.656 14.900 14.650 44.200
4. MILLOUSI VASILIKI 0 12.200 15.450 13.500 41.150
5. GEORGAKOPOULOU VASILIKI 13.250 13.500 12.550 0 39.300
6. STANCULESCU ALINA 0 0 15.550 14.550 30.100
7. PATRASCU CERASELA 14.800 14.900 0 0 29.700
8. MITRAKOU PASCHALINA 13.600 0 0 13.500 27.100
9. DRUNCEA DANIELA 13.300 0 0 0 13.300

Tess_AN
24th March 2008, 03:53
March 23, 2008, Onlinesport.ro/forum - Gimnastica- Diverse 2008:
Men Gymnastics Meet Hungary-Romania, March 21, 2008.
Romanian Team:
1.Ovidiu Buidoso
2.Adrian Bucur
3.Dan Potra
4.Robert Stanescu
5.Cosmin Malita
6.Alin Jivan
Judge: Ionut Corlaci

Results:
1 HUN "A" 260,700
2 ROM 256,600
3 HUN "B" 252,950
4 SLO 221,900

Tess_AN
24th March 2008, 03:54
March 23, 2008, Onlinesport.ro/forum - Gimnastica Competitii - Juniori 2008:
April 10-13 2008, Buzau City will host School Clubs Juniors Gymnastics Championship.
Juniors National Championship:
May 23-25, 2008 – Bacau (Onesti)– “Little Gymnast Contest” – for 9-10 years old – Category IV – equivalent of Level 7.
June 09-11, 2008 Buzau – Juniors Nationals for 11-15 years old (categories: III, II and I).

Tess_AN
24th March 2008, 03:55
Monica Rosu is coach for Juniors Gymnasts at Dinamo Club Bucharest. – see http://www.realitatea.net/162167_Gim...-sporturi.html

ioanavol
24th March 2008, 10:08
thx Tess:)
good luck to the little gymnasts!
and I was surprised to hear that Monica is a coach...it's nice, I wish Dana Sofronie would also coach, I used to like her a lot (or maybe she does that already??)

Tess_AN
24th March 2008, 16:48
Dana Sofronie is working at County Sport Comitee in Constanta (Directia Judeteana de Sport)– her home town – where she is a student of University. On February 12, 2008 she turned 20 years old. The local newspaper Telegraf mentioned that a party has been held for Dana’s B-day at her work place.
http://www.telegrafonline.ro/1202853600/articol/46997/teletext.html - teletext - 4th head line

Talking about old glories and having Martina with us I would like to ask if anyone has any news about Maxi Gnauk?

mikeyy
24th March 2008, 17:18
I found an article from Libertatea about Dana Sofronie. It looks like she works as a coach and she wants to discover a new gymnast like Simona Amanar or Catalina Ponor. She has a group of 6 girls and 4 of them are very talented.
http://www.libertatea.ro//index.php?section=articole&screen=stire&sid=183897

ioanavol
24th March 2008, 17:21
isn't this an older article, Mihai? I think I've seen it before...that's why I asked if she coaches.

mikeyy
24th March 2008, 17:26
Yes, it`s an older one but it`s the only one we have about Dana as a coach. We have it on the romanian forum and i thought that would be interesting to have it here too for our visitors from abroad.

ioanavol
24th March 2008, 17:31
Yes, it`s an older one but it`s the only one we have about Dana as a coach. We have it on the romanian forum and i thought that would be interesting to have it here too for our visitors from abroad.

Ok:ok:

Sri Ea
4th April 2008, 17:11
Hello everyone!
Thanks for this nice forum so informative and for this thread in english where I can act less shy than I used to be.;)
( BTW It's thanks to you crisloregym that I have discovered it since you mentioned it on GW today... Silly me I had been browsing the whole forum for months mostly digging through the "Diverse 2008" but I had never discovered this little english corner)
Here I am then, ready to speak about gymnastics.:)

Tess_AN
4th April 2008, 17:27
Hello everyone!
Thanks for this nice forum so informative and for this thread in english where I can act less shy than I used to be.;)
( BTW It's thanks to you crisloregym that I have discovered it since you mentioned it on GW today... Silly me I had been browsing the whole forum for months mostly digging through the "Diverse 2008" but I had never discovered this little english corner)
Here I am then, ready to speak about gymnastics.:)
Welcome Sri Ea! This forum is better having such a gymnastics expert along us! I've seen your name many times as a reference to lots of info posted here!
Crisloregym is one of our best "uncover reporter" and I am glad she advertised this forum!
Once again, Welcome to our family!

ioanavol
4th April 2008, 18:10
welcome, SriEa! really nice that you joined us, I was starting to wonder if anybody would join us here except for Martina:P

At this moment there are a looot of discussions about the Europeans, about what happened yesterday mainly.
We are very sad for what happened to Cerasela, I personally feel like screeming, it's so unfair!! But, although there is no compensation, it would be so nice if her teammates could focus and win the title (also) for her...it would be so impressive to see her there, on the podium with the other girls and the national anthem...

Severino I also feel very bad for, she ended her carier in such a sad way...with this new code we see many injuries at every competition and that's just not normal:(

Moreover, there are worries about the juniors, if they could get a medal or not...but, at this point, I only wish that they stay healthy. That's the most important! In the future they'll be our hopes for the senior medals.

Tess_AN
4th April 2008, 18:58
If Cris advertised this froum, I think I have to copy here the link to tvr video about Cerasela. (Original in the other thread about CE in this forum posted by myrab3la_19). They say that Cerasela's right knee ligaments are "affected" not broken. If was true, the news is a good one!
http://www.tvr.ro/articol.php?id=34276&c=137

crisloregym
4th April 2008, 22:55
Welcome, Sri Ea...we are sooo glad to have you here, with us...if you have any questions, please ask them, we will be delighted to answer you if we can.

As Ioanavol said, our biggest concern right now is that the Juniors stay healthy. I also agree gymnastics became very strange (to not use a worse word)...I believe it's INACCEPTABLE to end Europeans with at least 10 gymnasts (juniors + seniors) going back home injured and with SEVERE injuries for all...

ioanavol
4th April 2008, 23:45
Our juniors were just about to get on the podium...I am glad they managed to arrive here (and they could have also got the silver, if they had at least one big mistake less). We notice their progress and that's good...especially the fact that we had 3 gymnasts in the first 10 places is a good thing.
Anyway, as I said before, we need them to be on top in 1-2 years and, most important, in London. But in order to get there they need to train a lot and to stay healthy (btw, I am so sorry for Diana Chelaru, she was so promising...I hope she comes back asap). Today I think that they've done everything they could, under the circumstances (being only 4, knowing about Cerasela's problems...)
I am sorry that Ana Porgras didn't make it into the floor final (I really love her routine), but we still have 4 possibilities for good places in the beam and floor events...so let's cross fingers;)

ioanavol
6th April 2008, 10:08
a bit late (everybody knows them already)...but just for the record

Final results team competition EC2008:
VT-UB-BB-FX
1 ROU Romania 44.050 (1) 45.075 (3) 46.450 (1) 45.950 (1) 181.525
2 RUS Russia 44.000 (2) 46.075 (1) 45.550 (3) 43.850 (4) 179.475
3 FRA France 42.375 (7) 44.525 (4) 45.200 (4) 45.075 (2) 177.175
4 ITA Italy 43.700 (3) 43.575 (7) 44.525 (5) 43.975 (3) 175.775
5 UKR Ukraine 42.150 (8) 44.250 (5) 45.625 (2) 43.450 (5) 175.475
6 GBR Great Britain 43.450 (4) 45.475 (2) 42.025 (7) 43.100 (6) 174.050
7 GER Germany 42.700 (5) 44.125 (6) 41.375 (8) 42.650 (7) 170.850
8 NED Netherlands 42.650 (6) 41.050 (8) 42.100 (6) 41.025 (8) 166.825

Congratulations ROMANIA!!:no1

Good luck today!:)

cata10
6th April 2008, 10:37
Good luck Romania!
Good luck for Stela, Sandra and Ana-Maria!

crisloregym
6th April 2008, 12:03
Congratlations to our girls and good luck for today;) I have a good feeling about today;)

ioanavol
6th April 2008, 13:02
gold and silver for our juniors on beam...great!!!
1. Ana Porgras (ROU) 15.700
2. Amelia Racea (ROU) 15.150
3. Nabieva (RUS) 15.150

mikeyy
6th April 2008, 13:41
Another medal for our juniors..this time on floor:
-bronze: Amelia Racea.

ioanavol
6th April 2008, 14:45
And Amelia is not even 14 years old:)

Good job Ana and Amelia! Congratulations! :floricica:

MartinaE
6th April 2008, 16:50
Awww, thank you so much for your so nice welcome on here everyone! :)

I am so happy Romania won the gold yesterday!! :) I would have loved to see more of their routines though! I love Sandra`s new floor routine!! :)
I also really really hope Cerasela`s injury will turn out to not be too bad!!

Does anyone have more information about the National School Championships in Buzau?
There was that article on the girls of Dinamo and Monica Rosu being one of their coaches now, but the article was not there when I tried to look it up. Can someone possibly remember what it said?

About Maxi Gnauk - she is working as a coach in Switzerland for a couple years now. She is working in the training center in Liestal which is not far away from Basel. She was at the international competition in Uster with some of her gymnasts in 2006. This photo is from there: http://www.gymnasticsunited.com/Fotogallerien/Bildergallerie%202%20LK%20Uster%202006/DreamweaverZOC200602Maxi.htm

ioanavol
6th April 2008, 17:26
Hi Martina,

we are still celebrating, that's why we answer a bit slowly on this topic:)

the National School Championships will take place next week (10-13 April). Monica Rosu is a coach at Dinamo Bucharest and the kids she trains will also participate in this competition. Here it is the article (but in Romanian):http://www.realitatea.net/162167_Gimnastica--Junioarele-clubului-Dinamo-se-pregatesc-pentru-Campionatele-Nationale-Alte-sporturi.html

Pls let me know if you want a translation.:)

MartinaE
6th April 2008, 17:42
Thanks a lot for posting a link to that article again! :) It is awesome to see Monica is coaching now - she used to be one of my favorite Romanian gymnasts, so it`s great to see she`s still sticking with the sport. :)
If you don`t mind I would love to read a sum up of what the article says - thank you! :)

crisloregym
6th April 2008, 18:35
Hi, Martina, thanks for the picture with Maxi Gnauck
Ioana, I'll let you translate...I'm not that good translating from Romanian into English unfortunatelly. I tried, but the result is not good at all:(

crisloregym
6th April 2008, 18:40
Well, I see Ioana isn't here anyway, so I will try...
They say the gymnasts start doing gymnastics from the age of 4. Dinamo juniors work hard to be new Nadia girls. The little girls want to catch everybody's attention doing different exercises, under the supervision of Monica Rosu.

In order to be in a good shape for the competition in Buzau, the juniors from Dinamo club train almost all week long. Sunday is the single day when they go out in the parc to have a walk. Even if they have pain in their hands, they just go on training. One of them is Marina, a little girl of 4 years old.

With two golds won in 2004 in Athens, Monica Rosu knows what skills a gymnast needs to be able to do elite gymnastics. "Just a little bit from all: talent, luck and a lot of power to want to be a elite gymnast."

MartinaE
6th April 2008, 18:46
Thanks so much for the translation! :) Wow, sounds like those kids are really hard workers already! I hope they will do very well next weekend! :)

ioanavol
6th April 2008, 19:01
thanks a lot Cris, I had to leave for a bit, needed to do my Dutch homework:P

the translation sounds well, don't worry;)

ioanavol
6th April 2008, 19:03
Thanks so much for the translation! :) Wow, sounds like those kids are really hard workers already! I hope they will do very well next weekend! :)

If you are interested we will keep you posted with what happened...we don't know much ourselves, but there people are directly involved in that on this forum, who give us all the information (thanks:))

Tess_AN
6th April 2008, 20:51
Thank you Martina for the news about Maxi Gnauck. You'll find here the news about Buzau April 10-13.
Congrats to Chuso gold on vault at EC!

MartinaE
7th April 2008, 16:19
Oh yes, that would be awesome if you could keep me posted on things happening within Romanian gymnastics! :) Romania has always been one of my top favorite teams. :)

And Tess - you are welcome about the info on Maxi. I`m happy when I`m able to help a little, too. :) Two years ago Maxi was a guest at the World Cup event in Cottbus also. I`ve seen her in the hotel. :)

Now it`s time for Cottbus again - I`m so much looking forward to it. :) Stela and Sandra are on the list of competitiors. So I guess they might travel there from France directly!?

Tess_AN
7th April 2008, 17:18
Now it`s time for Cottbus again - I`m so much looking forward to it. :) Stela and Sandra are on the list of competitiors. So I guess they might travel there from France directly!?
If you go to Cottbus, I'll love to get here you comments and your pictures!
By the way... we have some videos from EC on Video Threads - it is in the first page of gymnastics forum - as this thread is.... I guess it is easy to find.

Before Cottbus we have the Juniors/kids competition at Buzau -School Championship, April 10-13 and we have "our own" forum representants: Angy 10 years old and Irina 9 years old. Angy is busumary's and Irina is IrinaP's daugethers. All of us keep our fingers crossed for them. Hai Angy! Hai Irina! we want medals!

crisloregym
7th April 2008, 22:49
Martina are you going to Cottbus???? If so, we would really really like your impressions here, and your story:)

To answer to your question, Sandra and Stela, as well as the whole team, came back in the country today...so I assume they will leave in the second part of the week,

ioanavol
7th April 2008, 23:18
yes, please, tell us how it went in Cottbus (your impression)...we are also looking forward to see the girls performing there:)

I really hope Stela gets over the dissapointment from yesterday and competes at her best...I really wanted her to have a gold medal...but I am very proud of her silver medal, so close to the gold!
Sandra needed the gold medal to get over the bad last year...and she did it. I really hope both of them will continue the progress and medal at the Olimpics, they deserve so much after what they've done for the Romanian team. Hai Stela, hai Sandra! ("hai" means "go" in Romanian;))

ioanavol
8th April 2008, 00:10
it seems that they had some fun after the competition:)
http://tvr.ro/articol.php?id=34564&c=137
And what they say it's quite nice:
Sandra says that winning European gold is no reason to become arrogant...maybe winning gold in the Olympics, but not even that.
Stela says that she hopes she's learnt her lesson...it already happened the second time (I guess she's talking about the fall on BB), but that she hopes it won't happen also the third time.

MartinaE
8th April 2008, 16:49
Yes, I have the same wishes for the girls absolutely!!! :)

And yeah, I will be in Cottbus! :) I will go for all 3 days of competition and can`t wait. I will be sure to take photos! :D And of course I`ll tell you everything when I`m back.
Also thanks a lot for the hint on the videos! :) I kind of can`t stop watching Sandra`s floor......:p

It`s awesome IrinaP`s daughter will compete at the School Championships!! Of course I wish her and also Angy all the best and much success for this competition!!! :)

MartinaE
9th April 2008, 18:45
By the way, from how it sounds in the texts put on the official website for the Cottbus World Cup it seems Romania is sending more girls actually! Do you know anything about this?
They say Romania is sending World class gymnasts again including Nistor and Izbasa...

ancaqwe
9th April 2008, 19:10
I don't know anything - but thank you for the news!! Maybe they include the male gymnasts too? It would be great to see one of the other gymnasts too

Tess_AN
9th April 2008, 19:59
By the way, from how it sounds in the texts put on the official website for the Cottbus World Cup it seems Romania is sending more girls actually! Do you know anything about this?
They say Romania is sending World class gymnasts again including Nistor and Izbasa...
ioana20 just posted this in another thread: http://www.gsp.ro/stire/doua-gimnast...bus-63081.html - from today's GSP newspaper
Initially, they were going to send 3 gymnasts but RGF said only Sandra and Steliana will go to Cottbus.
No male Romanian gymnast will go to Cottbus this year.

MartinaE
9th April 2008, 20:08
Thanks a lot for this information! It is good to have some official statement about it at least.
And I am happy Sandra and Stela will still compete. :) Hmm maybe they would have sent Cerasela as a third gymnast if it wasn`t for her injury.....

Sri Ea
9th April 2008, 20:13
What a pity... I really wished they would have sent one more gymnast who didn't get the chance to shine at Euros such as Alina Stanculescu or Andreea Acatrinei, etc. Or even Anamaria or Gabriela to confirm their good progression.

Tess_AN
9th April 2008, 20:17
Thanks a lot for this information! It is good to have some official statement about it at least.
And I am happy Sandra and Stela will still compete. :) Hmm maybe they would have sent Cerasela as a third gymnast if it wasn`t for her injury.....
The news is from today from GSP newspaper/magazine - you've seen the link.
Also they mentioned that the man's couch, Dan Grecu doesn't want Cottbus because is too close to EC scxhedule in May.

... yah... it would have been good if Cerasela could make it, it would have been great if Cerasela was not injured.

@Sri Ea: Do you know is Cottbus based on invitation? I was thinking the same but I really don't know the rules. Any competion is good for every gymnast to get more experience...

MartinaE
9th April 2008, 20:53
Cottbus is not based on invitation. Every nation can sign up their gymnasts - up to 6 male and 4 female. They have forms for that on the website.
I`m not sure if they also contact Federations about the meet, but I think the nations are free to send gymnasts of their choice.

ioanavol
9th April 2008, 21:44
I will try to translate the interview from Realitatea here, but it will take a while, I am just watching it now;)

ioanavol
9th April 2008, 23:21
http://www.realitatea.net//jurnal_37327_arhiva.html

The reporter introduces the “4 girls who won the title” (without Gabriela, whose picture was on the background: D): Sandra, Stela, Anamaria and Cerasela.
Then there is the montage named “Golden children”.

Welcome!

- Did you expect that this would happen (i.e. winning the gold)? Despite so many negative comments?
Sandra: We wanted to show that we haven’t disappeared, that Romanian gymnastics is still in top and, with the help of the coaches, we succeeded in bringing medals to Romania.
-Tell us a bit about your life. I understood that you first tried playing tennis, then fencing and then playing handball. Why gymnastics?
Sandra: Because gymnastics I liked the most. Indeed I played tennis, but I didn’t like it so much. Afterwards I played handball for a while and I had a very good coach in school, who helped me go to the national team. I had to give up handball, however, as soon as I left to Onesti to the national (junior) team.

-Stela, what is your story? How did you start practicing gymnastics?
Stela: I was at school with my mom and dad and then Mrs. Raluca Bugner discovered me.
-And did you like it from the first moment? Because I know it’s very difficult. You were telling me before the show that you only visit your parents one week per year.
Stela: Yes, we are only allowed to go home one week per year, but they can visit us whenever they can and they want.
-It’s true, but it’s different than if you live with them, eat with them...
Stela: Yes, but you need to make sacrifices if you want to succeed in life.
-What means “succeeding in life” for you? It’s medals now, but afterwards?
Stela: Afterwards I’ll see. First I want to succeed to achieve my goals at the Olympics and then I’ll take care of the rest.

-Anamaria, you were the revelation of the Europeans. What are your hopes for the Olympics?
Anamaria: At the Olympics I hope to be on the first place with the team and maybe to get medals on BB and FX events.
-And were do you think you have more chances?
Anamaria: Both at the BB and FX.
-Both at the BB and FX...how many times have you fallen from the beam?
Anamaria: Many times.
-And on FX when the music starts what do you feel? Do you relax or the opposite?
Anamaria: No, I have to be very focused. And to pay very much attention to the execution.
-And after the first diagonal?
Anamaria: As focused as in the beginning.
-You become more and more focused?
Anamaria: Yes.
-I understand...What did you find the most difficult so far while doing gymnastics?
Anamaria: Coming back after injuries.
-And did you get injured many times?
Anamaria: Not so many times.
-Tell us how it was one of these times...
Anamaria: The last time I injured was last year at Stuttgart, at the WC...
-What did it happen there?
Anamaria: I missed the bar before landing and I hurt my knee. And I couldn’t compete anymore.
-And how long did it last till you got well?
Anamaria: One month...
-And what did the recuperation mean? Tell us, cause we don’t know what it happens.
Anamaria: I stayed two weeks with the gyps and two more weeks I recovered. Then, slowly, I come back.
-And you recovered completely...
Anamaria: Yes.
-And you amazed everybody!

-Gabriela, how did you start doing gymnastics?
Gabriela: I was very energic when I was a kid and my mom brought me to a gym...and I liked it.
-And that’s all?
Gabriela: And then I wanted to do gymnastics.
-Ok, you went to the gym for a few weeks...but after that, you still liked it?
Gabriela: Yes.
-How are the training sessions in the beginning?
Gabriela: Simple elements, to get used to.
-And afterwards?
Gabriela: We start doing more elements, more difficult...
-I have seen some training sessions on TV and you seemed to do a lot, to bend a lot...how do you arrive to that? Or maybe the coach could tell us.
How do these girls become so flexible?
Forminte: Firstly we are using what nature gave us...the human body is built in such a way that it can do these kinds of elements. And, as Gabi described very well, we start we simple elements and move on slowly to more complex ones. First we are practicing the elements and, in the end, they become an exercise. Normally, the coaches make from the beginning an exercise which structure is kept the same till the end. Or at least that would be ideal. To this exercise we add slowly more and more elements. And in the end we arrive to exercises like those you’ve seen to the Worlds (probably he meant Europeans), which are very difficult.
(the girls are smiling...especially when seeing each other on TV :P)
-Why are you laughing? Don’t you agree with your coach?
The girls: No, we are listening to him :P
-You make everything to look so simple...but I know it’s not. I have seen you while training and your hands were full of bruises. You laugh also then?
Stela (I guess): Well, it depends on the pain...how bad it is.
-And do you have often pain in your hands?
Stela (I guess): It depends how long you’re training...you cannot work 2 days and stay other 3.
-How long do you train continuously?
Stela: 6-7 hours per day.
-Mr. Forminte, you declared a while a go that Romanian gymnastics is in a crisis, that fewer and fewer kids come to do gymnastics.
Forminte: Yes, many people refer to that interview, although it doesn’t reflect what I wanted to say. I was referring to the kinds who do less sport in Romania, not gymnastics in particular.
-It’s something which occurs in whole Europe...
Forminte: Yes, all Europe experiences this...kids doing less and less sports...And in Romania even the sport hours in schools became less and optional, which makes kids like less and less doing sports. There are many causes for this, like the decreasing number of kids, but also the financial situation of many families, when the parents are forced to leave and work abroad. That’s what I wanted to say, but apparently the journalist wrote his point of view and not mine.
-How do you get along with the parents of the gymnasts?
Forminte: I think we are in good terms...
-I am convinced of that, but how is it?
Forminte: I am trying to encourage the parents to influence (take care of...don’t know the exact translation) their kids even if from far away. In the end this was a family decision.
-But there are parents who abandon their kids...in the end, it’s difficult to be in close contact with a child whom you see only a month per year...
Forminte: No, in the national team there is no such a case. No matter the financial situation from home, they are all responsible parents who want that their children achieve something in life.
-I wasn’t referring to a real abandon (legally speaking)...but the relationships can become worse...
Forminte: No, that’s not the case because there are mobile phones now.

-Perfect. Let’s see what a parent has to say...We are talking to the mother of Steliana Nistor. Good evening.
Stela’s mom: Good evening.
-What do would you like to say to your daughter after these nice results? Did you talk to her? What are you feeling now and when you are seeing her here? And especially if you could tell her sth now (and they are showing Sandra instead :D)
Stela’s mom: Firstly, I would like to congratulate the whole team, to the girls and to Mr. Forminte, who supported them! I would like to tell Stela that I love her very much and I hope she won’t be upset on me...she fell from the beam after I scolded her...
Stela: I’ve made a mistake, but I’ll continue.
Forminte: Mistakes can happen...sometimes they are to our advantage (when others make them) and sometimes we make them and we loose.
Stela’s mom: I hope it won’t happen at the Olympics.
-Yes, but she also took the silver on the UB...the mistake almost doesn’t count anymore. What did you tell Stela then? Were you so tough on her?
Stela’s mom: Tough not, but I said I would have liked her to take a medal...but it’s ok she’ll take sth at the Olympics. Won’t you, Stela?
Stela: I’m working hard and we all wish we would win...
-But you brought the most points to the team, didn’t you?
Stela: Well, I cannot say that...
Forminte: Yes, she is the only one who worked on all 4 events...she’s bigger, that’s why we work her more :P
-How did you make her so tough, because tonight she seems the toughest of all girls here? Is she so tough at home?
Stela’s mom: At home? She won’t come home until winter...so we won’t see each other till then.
Stela: After the Olympics we’ll see each other at the airport;)
-Thank you very much for your intervention, please give us a message for Steliana. What do you wish her?
Stela’s mom: I wish her to be healthy, to all the girls to be tough and I respect Mr. Forminte.

and then she talked to the other person there (a historian??)...

then she asked some (stupid) questions regarding the way they are having fun, if they go to pubs etc...

Andreea Raducan was also on the phone and she said she doesn’t regret the sacrifices she made during that period. She said she trusts the girls and she wishes them to show the best at the Olympics.

that’s about it...I didn’t know it’s so long, but I didn’t want to give up after I promised:D

Sri Ea
9th April 2008, 23:53
Oh wow! Thank you thank you thank you! What an awesome effort and I know it has taken so much time from you! :ok:
... Hmmm... I don't know if it is coming from the translation because writing is not the same as hearing but i was rather uncomfortable with Steliana's mum words to her daughter. She seems quite tough and seems to be putting so much pressure on Steliana. The "Won't you Stela?" gave me shivers in my back spine... I think she ought to know that Stela is already doing her best!

There is something I didn't quite understand also. When you wrote :"she fell from the beam after I scolded her." Did she fell from beam just after her mother had actually scolded her (by phone???)? Or did she fell off beam and so her mother scolded her afterwards (it would still be bad but at least less than the first option)...?

ioanavol
10th April 2008, 00:00
Yes, that was also most of the discussion on the video thread about...what she said...well, I have to admit she didn't sound as badly as I expected from what I've read on the forum. The tone of the voice sounded more like worriness than being mad...and Stella was smiling...so I don't know. I remember my parents were also expected only high grades of me in primary school, they just got used to them, so I kind of understand her...but of course I don't know what exactly happened between them.

About the fall, I also didn't quite get it because they were talking more at the same time...it appears though (from what also vlad said) that she scolded her after UB (although I don't imagine when she had time, it only took a few minutes between UB and BB finals). Then she thought Stela might have fell because of that, but Stela suggested that it was only a mistake, with no relation to that.

Sri Ea
10th April 2008, 00:36
Thanks -again- a lot for the precision!

Also Ahotep reported on Gymnet that Cerasela is having surgery tomorrow on one of her knees.
Anyone knows more about this?
I feel the federation is taking the matter of her injury very seriously if they are speeding the process...

vlad001
10th April 2008, 00:37
About the fall, I also didn't quite get it because they were talking more at the same time...it appears though (from what also vlad said) that she scolded her after UB (although I don't imagine when she had time, it only took a few minutes between UB and BB finals). Then she thought Stela might have fell because of that, but Stela suggested that it was only a mistake, with no relation to that.

Eeh, I did said that before, like her mother scolded Stela after UB, but now I've looked again at the video and I'm not so sure anymore.
If it is to translate word by word, her mom said "I hope Stela is not upset on me". The reported asked why she would be upset, and Stela's mom said "Eh, why she fell on beam? I scolded her"

I interpreted the first time she thinks Stela fell on beam because she scolded her before, but it can be interpreted as she scolded her by saying her "Why you fell on beam?"

Tess_AN
10th April 2008, 00:47
First of all it is the particularity of each language…. There are words in one language you can not translate the exactly meaning in another. More than that, it depends of the voice you talk, and so on. Second, in Romania it is used that mother to be very kind and, very permissive with her kids. Let them do everything they want. The father is tough meaning a bit more severe, “the authority” at home. (to give you an example: Mom said at 9:30 PM kids are in bed to sleep. At 10:00 PM they are still playing around and having fun. Then, the father comes in the bedroom and shut of the light, “scold” them. Finally, the kids listen.). Steliana’s Mom should be both mom and dad since she grew up two sons and a daughter by herself after divorce. Life is not easy, all of us know that.

Here, it is not that much scold Steliana, is most likely express her sadness. I don’t know what she said, but I imagine something like that: “how could you fall? Ah Steliana! You could win a medal here! You should focus more, I told you so many times…” This is what most of the parents will say.

Steliana’s Mom knows that Stela is a hard worker and she is doing her best and – again it is what I suppose happened – after hanging the phone she was feeling sorry she did not support Steliana saying something as: My dear Steliana, I am sorry for you, I know you work hard, and so on”…. And feeling this way, she apologize in front of the camera, on tv, in front of whole nation.

I don’t think is anything wrong in this parent-child relationship. I think the opposite: Steliana and her mom has a very nice family relation. A bad parent do not apologize to his kid even they are face to face, no way to do it in public. Plus, Steliana’s smile and her mom voice make me think that I am right thinking this way.

@Ioana and Vlad: Looking at the live coverage on tv, Semeonova's mark come up late, during girls warm up on beam... No way the phone call could happen before the beam.

If it is to translate word by word, her mom said "I hope Stela is not upset on me". The reported asked why she would be upset, and Stela's mom said "Eh, why she fell on beam? I scolded her"
This is word-by-word translation. The same meaning of Steliana's mom words: "Eh, after she felt on beam, I did not comforte her, I did not console her, I just express my sadness"

mikeyy
10th April 2008, 00:47
Thanks -again- a lot for the precision!

Also Ahotep reported on Gymnet that Cerasela is having surgery tomorrow on one of her knees.
I feel the federation is taking the matter of her injury very seriously if they are speeding the process...

Thank you Sri Ea. Hope that everything will be ok:yes:
Maybe we will find out more about Cera`s situation tomorrow.

Tess_AN
10th April 2008, 01:28
Thank you for the news Sri Ea! It looks they've learn their lesson with Aluissa.
Here you go what prosport says: http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/gimnastica/patrascu-apta-peste-doua-luni-2536637
I am sure you don't need translation for this... and I have no idea what "artroscopie" means in Romanian! :) Cerasela will have an "artroscopy?" today... Briefly and important is that Forminte said that he hopes Cerasela will be back in the gym in 2 months and ready to compete on UB and VT for OG.

Pegasnegru
10th April 2008, 02:44
Can I put my two cents in? I am positive that what Stela's mom said was that she was upset with her on the phone AFTER the BB routine where she fell needlessly. Not after the UB. That's why the reporter said "But she got a medal on the UB" (compensation for her not medaling on beam).
A parent that is soley responsible for the lives and future of three children is going to be a tough and loving parent. They have to be "tough" to make sure that their kids have a good start in life and a much better future than the parent ever had, and they must be loving if they stood by their kids and raised them all along by themselves. The fact that her mother apologized on national TV, made her apology even more meaningful. Many times parents feel that they must be tough regardless about how they feel internally; they curb their emotions to apply the corective measure they feel necessary for their kid to go forward in life and have the discipline to work and achieve something. Also, imagine you get to see your child only several days/weeks a year; its a sacrifice that not only the child makes but the whole family. Her daughter has callises(bataturi) and blisters on her hands, she has had a severe back injury and recently has had pains in her foot. Not even mentioning her scary fall off the BB before the qualifications when she hit her head. Her mother knows how much pain Stela endured and how many sacrifices and how much she wants to be a fullfiled gymnast. I do not want to read too much into this, but I am certain that the sadness her mother felt was not because of her ambitions, but because she knew how much work Stela put into it. And to see a medal shot to heck because of a silly mistake is a hard thing to bear. I am certain that her mother acted the way she knew was best for Stela. The scolding and the public apology, which actually amazed me as it takes a lot of love and courage to be able to do that!, to me suggest that her mother acted only in fear of a potential failure that would waste all that sacrifice and all those years.
I am sorry for writing about this, I didn't want to do it but I would like to take some time to explain myself. American fans, and westerners in general have a dim view of eastern and Chinese gymnasts and their families. They blame coaches and parents for forcing the girls into this sport, and they think that the girls are treated very badly, almost like slavery. Some of these fears are creeping into Romania as well. The reporter asked questions based on these assumpions, for example that they are not allowed to retire if they want to. Forminte dismissed a lot of her assumptions right in front of the smiling girls. So I am writing in English for any other non-Romanian that might read this thread. I do not want them to have an erroneous idea about our girls or about us.
Also, because Stela might stumble on this page I do not want her to think that we are judging her mother in any way shape or form.

Sri Ea
10th April 2008, 07:14
Thank you guys for your input about Steliana's mum words since I couldn't hear the tone of their voices neither see Steliana's expression while they were speaking.
I didn't want to involve a new debate, I'm sorry, and for what is worth, I had myself very pushy parents when I was young. Even if psychologically it was quite hard as I always had this pressure over my head that I could not possibly fail and had to be the best, I recognize that pushy parents make you more ambitious for yourself and make you always look for perfection (not that I am perfect in any way now but at least I'm always looking to be beyond reproach in everything I do at work) So I guess that's the way she was educated that has made the Steliana we know, the ambitious and energetic kid who knows how to capitalize on her great talent and potential.

About Cerasela, many thanks for the link, I have read the article in Prosport about her arthroscopy. There are 2 kinds of arthroscopies (one only for diagnosis and one for precise surgery) so I guess that's the latter one and that they will operate on the meniscus.
Hope that means that nothing is too wrong with the ligaments on the left knee.
Still Forminte seems to me a bit optimistic to me when he wishes to recuperate her both on VT and UB. UB will be enough for me as it won't be of much effort for the knee!
What a pity though as Cerasela did have a good DTY at these Euros and I'm sure she could have improved more on form for the Olympics.

Tess_AN
10th April 2008, 08:45
Translation note: I am not able to translate emotions and feelings. I will follow the words but I will not translate word by word, so, this wanted to be just a meaningful translation. No copy is better than the original! Please excuse any mistake - gramar, typo, meaning and so on.
I should also mention if you don’t know already – that Sandra Izbasa started gymnastics at Steaua Bucharest Sport Club. Irina is Steaua Club’s gymnast. Lots of Steaua’s coaches were invited to welcome the gymnasts coming from European Championships. And… yes, Irina has been introduced to Stela (or vice versa!) at Romanian Nationals.

Airport Story by Mihaela

I wanted to go to welcome the gymnasts. To thank them for what they did for us, to give them flowers. I’ve been so busy that day I was not sure I can make it. Irina came from her daily training from the gym with the news I already had: The plane bringing home our golden gymnasts lands at 19:20. I would like to make Irina happy going to the airport. I would have liked to make her a surprise not telling her where we are going… but a plan is not something that is set in stone.

We left home the very last minute and I thought that getting there in time it is going to be the only issue. No way. We’ve got there before plane arrival and find out: Gymnasts will be welcome in the Official Boardroom of the Airport. Right of entry based on invitations! Huge frustration! To be so close by but not to reach!

I have to tell thank you to Irina’s coaches. With their help we’ve finally got to the Hall. I couldn’t believe we are there! We made it in time and we are in! Any minute now, the girls might come! We are so glad to be there!

The girls are coming! They wear their medals. A big smile in every little face! They are beautiful. They are so happy! A radiant happiness, from our brilliant girls! Last few days we’ve been delighted by them. Now is more. They are happy! An easily spread joy is everywhere! We are overjoyed! Special moments due to them! I used the cell phone. My hands shivered. I hope the shots caught the moment. It is hard to describe what happened. Congratulations, kisses, hugs, smiles, reporters, pictures… It was crazy! After a while things calm down a bit. I told Irina now she can go with the flowers. Steliana was half turned back when Irina was heading to her. Steliana turns to her and seeing Irina call her on her name: Irina! Steliana reach down the girl and took her in her arms! I was surprise that Stela remembers Irina so well. Irina was simply speechless! She couldn’t believe!

Stela spent quite long time talking with us. She was not arrogant, open and friendly. I felt her frustration about UB but she can let it go. She mentioned that it was no impact on her BB. The fall was not related. She simply felt during her routine something is not going to work. Irina told me that sometime only during the routine she realized that). After that they talked whatever. Gymnastics inside. I was looking to the reporters line up to take interviews and I realized I’ve been the first doing it. I look back and I’ve been a Steliana Nistor more comfortable talking to Irina and I than being on media’s attention. We talked again to her later and by the end we went with her to the bus. I liked I felt her close to us. She come towards to you, take her time to talk… trying to avoid the reporters! I don’t know, I think this is her behavior. Not proud, not self-important. Seeing her so retiring you ask yourself if this is Stela Nistor!

I talked with Cerasela for a few minutes. I asked her how she’s feeling. As you could see, she managed walking by herself but still has difficulties.

Sandra was zestful (enjoyable and excited), smiling, showing her medals, talking with everyone, she was the celebrity (super-star/movie-star). She is the only one from Bucharest and the most of people there looked for her. Only from Steaua Club there were VIP, coaches, Alina Goreac and… including Irina and I.

Gabi and Ana stayed set aside (reserved) and emotive. They’ve been touching because we offered them flowers and we want to take pictures of them.AnaMaria was welcome by her parents. They were coaches from the other clubs, vips, RGF staff, reporters.

vlad001
10th April 2008, 11:24
Ioana translated all very exactly, but I still want to "zoom in" some areas, because they made the show for me.

I'm not trying to disregard the reporter or the television or anything, I'm actually glad and thankful they invited the girls, is not often we get to see them talking on tv, and you can see they tried to do a good show, but the awkard or sweet moments were there, and I just can't resist to talk more about them, becuase, for me, they added salt and pepper to the show.

First was
The reporter introduces the “4 girls who won the title” (without Gabriela, whose picture was on the background: D): Sandra, Stela, Anamaria and Cerasela.
Then there is the montage named “Golden children”.

Nothing to add here, I just waited for the moment when she addresed Gabriela, I bet to myself she will call her Cerasela, but she didn't, she addresed her with Gabi :)

-Gabriela, how did you start doing gymnastics?
Gabriela: I was very energic when I was a kid and my mom brought me to a gym...and I liked it.
-And that’s all?
Gabriela: And then I wanted to do gymnastics.
Gabriela: Yes.
-How are the training sessions in the beginning?
Gabriela: Simple elements, to get used to.
-And afterwards?

(The girls were very shy, especially Gabi and Stela. And the reporter seemed pissed off they don't talk more, and trying to make them talk more, but asking the wrong questions. )
Gabriela: Yes.(but she had that look on her face, "what question is that, why wouldn't I still like it?")
-And afterwards?
- That's all?
Gabriela, almost whispering: Yes

Forminte: Firstly we are using what nature gave us...the human body is built in such a way that it can do these kinds of elements. And, as Gabi described very well, we start we simple elements and move on slowly to more complex ones. First we are practicing the elements and, in the end, they become an exercise. Normally, the coaches make from the beginning an exercise which structure is kept the same till the end. Or at least that would be ideal. To this exercise we add slowly more and more elements. And in the end we arrive to exercises like those you’ve seen to the Worlds (probably he meant Europeans), which are very difficult.

Forminte: Firstly we are using what nature gave us...(Reporter talking over: Obviously!) the human body is built in such a way that it can do these kinds of elements. And, as Gabi described very well, we start with simple elements (Gabi's face is on TV, she is serious for 2 seconds, then smiles largely, then bite her lips and tries to hide) and move on slowly to more complex ones. First we are practicing the elements and, in the end, they become an exercise. (Suddenly, they show Sandra's face, who seems to entertain herself like at a good comedy show. Realizing she's on the screen, tries to become serios.) Normally, the coaches make from the beginning an exercise which structure is kept the same till the end. Or at least that would be ideal. To this exercise we add slowly more and more elements.(they show Stela, who's listening Forminte very attentif, but when she sees her serious face on screen, she starts smiling, but tries hard not to) And in the end we arrive to very diffcult exercises (Stela finally burst in laughing) like those you’ve seen to the Worlds (Forminte's voice is changing at the last words, it seems he has a hard time not to laugh too)

Stela and Gabi in the same time: Noooo (like "is not that". They show Sandra and Forminte smiling, Gabi is serious)
Reporter to Stela: I don't want to discourage you, tell us what you think
(Stela is silent)
Sandra: We were just listening to the coach

What do would you like to say to your daughter after these nice results? Did you talk to her? What are you feeling now and when you are seeing her here? And especially if you could tell her sth now (and they are showing Sandra instead )
(Sandra looked perplex when seen her face on the screen, then almost laughing, but she holds herself well. A voice in background, probably Gabi: "Sandra, you just found your mom". Sandra, without moving her lips or changing her face: "Ahem")

then she asked some (stupid) questions regarding the way they are having fun, if they go to pubs etc...
-Do you surf the internet often?
Girls: Yes
-And you like reading about you?
Girls: Yes
- Sandra, when you read about you, you think that the journalist was mean to you? Or what do you think?
Sandra: I can't criticize anyone..
-Are you sure?
Sandra: Yes, is more like they make me laugh.
-But in your free time, what you do, you go to disco?
Sandra: (laughing) Nope. (Forminte laughs too). We stay in our room, sometimes we go out in the city..
(Reporter talking over) - Once in a year you go?
Sandra: Where? To disco? Depends.
- Have you ever been?
Sandra: For example, when was Steliana's birtday, we've been in a club (looking for her words)
(The hystorian interviens laughing) - Look at her how scared she is, she just spoke her mind. You put Stela in trouble, this supposed to be a secret...
Sandra: No, no, we've been togheter with the coaches, the party was even organized by coach Forminte and miss Francu. And that was the only time we've been in a club...
Rep: Ahem (like "I don't belive that". To the rest of the girls) You've been some more or just like Sandra?
(Forminte talking first): We are in a bit of contradiction here. You told at the beginning of the show how we succeed to achieve this succes inspite of all the dicussions, mistrust, and pesimist toughts. Do you really think, in this atmosphere, when this new generation had so much to grow to fulfill the expectations, they could think about disco?
- I didn't imagined you let them go to disco before europeans, but I thought maybe 2-3 moths ago...
Forminte: You should know this atmospere was the same from the beginning..
(Reporter talkinkg over): - When you want to reward them, what do you offer them?
Forminte: Usually, what they want
-And what is they want?
Forminte: Various things every time, we manage to find out..
(Reporter to the girls) -That means you don't want to go to disco?
Stela: We want, but only when we should...
Forminte: At the disco they go sometimes when they are in recovery. They can consider they go to disco at the end of the contests. Even now, after europeans, it was a party...
- How is that, like theate, movies, circus?
Stela: No, that's real disco
-Girls only...
Stela: No, all the people...
- Oh, with your families...
(Sandra looking like she wants so say something, but.. better not)
Forminte: I don't know... I've met those questions with the previous generation.. with all that happened. I think at this age the problem of the boys should not be a priority no. 1. Is them who want to do this very serious thing, they have to respect...
(Reported talking over)- Very tough rules
Forminte - Is not very tough, and rules like that are in every domain when you want performance, including in television
- Yes, but you apply those rules after an age, not in your childhood..
Forminte: I think, some kids that have the chanse to fulfil theyr dreams before 20 are happier than a person who, from 18 to 62, stays leaned over a sawing machine, 8-10 hours a day
Hystorian - But how can you motivate those kids to work 12 hours a day at 14-15 years old?
Forminte: But they don't work 12 hours a day. They usually work 6 hours a day, 3 in the morning, 3 in the evening. And is not the same program always. Gymastics is an acyclyc sport..

Andreea Raducan was also on the phone and she said she doesn’t regret the sacrifices she made during that period. She said she trusts the girls and she wishes them to show the best at the Olympics.
(They talked a little about olymics after Andreea wished them luck)

- What do you hope from Olympics? (To Sandra) Don't say you want to take all the gold!
Sandra - No, I'm more realistic than that. I want health, a medal with the team, one in AA, one for floor and one for beam

Gabi: A gold medal for team, and, if possible, a medal on beam, is my favourite event.
- As bright as possible?
Gabi: Yes
- Don't be modest, you are our champion!
(Gabi looking at her, like "Really? I am?")

(In this time they show the results from european, near every medal is a picture of the gymnast, and near the floor bronze medal they show the picture of Lorena Coza from Italy. Lorena is also in the huge poster on the back, in one of the 5 olympic circles. They must have mistaken her for Anamaria :D)

Stela: I want to be healthy, me and the girls, to be able to train and be present at olympics and do well there, we all want that, and I hope for a medal in AA, and bars... or beam. Or both, doesn't matter.

Anamaria: Gold medal with the team, and medal on floor and beam
- On floor I think you don't want bronze again, you want... What do you want? Say fast!
Ana: If possible gold.
(Forminte to Sandra: Look at her, she's challenging you! Well done!)

At the end they gave them as presents collections with olympics mascots, they obtain the mascots from China's embassy.

ioanavol
10th April 2008, 11:44
thanks a lot Vlad for finishing it:). I didn't have the patience to do it last night.
And also for the comments, indeed there were some really funny facial expressions combined with the rather stupid questions...but I have to see that again, as I was pausing it every 2 seconds:D

And it's really nice to discuss about this show...although the interviewer wasn't the best, it's the only one so long with these girls. It helped us to see that they indeed get along well, that they can have fun and that Forminte is quite close to them...contrary to what some people say, about the "terror" from Romanian gymnastics.
These girls do this sport because they chose so, nobody seems to have forced them in any way.
And, even though they seemed shy, Anamaria and Gabi spoke quite nicely...and I cannot stop thinking how cute the girls are...as usual, we have one of the most beautiful teams:) (not that it would help at the Olympics, but just as an observation...)

and...I really like that they said they want medals, possibly gold! that's the right atitude for winning!

MartinaE
10th April 2008, 18:49
Thank you so much for translation all this for us!!! :) The video is really interesting.

I also hope everything will go well with Cerasela`s surgery!!

crisloregym
10th April 2008, 22:44
Thanks, Ioana and Vlad, for the translation;) Good job and a lot of work;)

Well, from this interview I love the girls!!! They are all soooo cute and they make such a great team;) It's great having them in our country and as our pride...I hope things will go as they wish in Beijing:)

Sri Ea
11th April 2008, 09:38
Thank you vlad and Tess for the great translation (and originally many thanks to Mihaela for the nice insider report at the airport)! You have spoiled us, really.
That's a pity I haven't still been able to watch the show because some of the facial expressions you describe sound so funny!
As for Stela's sweetness, I know that all of the gymnastics fans who have met her even very briefly (like it happened to me in Spain last year) do agree that she's always a sweetheart with everyone... so I am absolutely not surprised with her nice and touching demeanour at the airport...:)

21mai
11th April 2008, 15:11
others commenting upon our comeback in the top gymnastics to the occasion of the european championship
http://addicted2gym.blogspot.com/

Tess_AN
12th April 2008, 10:12
While waiting for inside news from Cottus, here you go Cata10 report from Buzau:
Big number of participants in girls competition. Juniors level III, II and I will compete on Saturday starting at 09:20 and the little ones level IV on Sunday. It will be “2 in 1” - teams plus AA competition. If EF medals are awarded it will be "3 in 1". Not sure yet.
Angy, 10 years old is cat III and Irina, 9 years old – cat IV.
Go Angy! Go Irina!

21mai
12th April 2008, 11:01
http://uk.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUKL0353064620080403?feedType=RSS&feedName=sportsNews about Sandra Izbasa performances in Clermont Ferrand

Nicole25
12th April 2008, 20:15
Hi everybody. I finally got around to signing up here :)

mikeyy
12th April 2008, 20:16
Hello Nicole and welcome! :)

Tess_AN
12th April 2008, 20:54
Welcome on board Nicole! We are looking forward to hearing from you!

crisloregym
12th April 2008, 22:25
Hey, Nicole:) Nice meeting you:)

ioanavol
13th April 2008, 11:28
Hi everybody. I finally got around to signing up here :)

Welcome:)
When you have time, please tell us what you think about the past Europeans...and about the Cottbus competition which takes place these days.

TessaW
13th April 2008, 11:49
Hello everyone! Just wanted to say I am here too (Tes from GW). I tried to read in Romanian about the school championships. Love the pics, thanks so much! Are there some results known already?

crisloregym
13th April 2008, 12:02
Hey, Tes:) Nice meeting you too:)

Probably we'll have some results within some days from our "reporters" there:)

ioanavol
13th April 2008, 12:16
Hi Tes:) and welcome!
As soon as we know something, we'll put it also here:)

Sri Ea
13th April 2008, 15:21
Anamaria competed in italy yesterday in Serie A2.
Here are her results:
UB 14.750 (6.0)
BB 15.200 (6.1)
FX 14.550 (5.4)
Don't forget that she has to present downgraded exercises to be part of this Serie... which explains lower A scores
It seems that she just hit everything, I guess Euros have given her confidence!

Sorry i didn't know where to post those results so I said I would put it in the english forum and you guys would find the right place for the news.:)

ETA: Well never mind, I see that Mihai beat me to it!

mikeyy
13th April 2008, 15:24
Thank you Sri Ea. You can post here all the information you have! ;)

ioanavol
13th April 2008, 15:36
yes, it's really nice that you also keep us up to date, thanks a lot!
I personally didn't know about Anamaria's participation to this competition...and I'm more than glad to hear that she did well!

Nicole25
13th April 2008, 19:26
I thought Europeans was great. I wrote a report for the steliana-nistor.net site.
The girls performed so well. During training, when Stela fell on her beam dismount, I thought everything was over, everybody had such a shock as it looked so serious but thankfully she was ok.
Sandra's floor routine is a delight to watch. In real life it's so much better than on tv, you can't really feel the exitement on tv, in the arena, you can see how much she enjoys performing her routine and it affects the crowd who love watching it.

The atmosphere in the team is wonderful. The girls are happy, they get along so well with the coaches, the coaches joke with the girls and vica versa, and it all contributes to good performances.

I haven't seen much of the Cottbus competition but I find it a bit silly that a week after Europeans, they organise a competition like this.
Stela is obviously tired and that's why she made mistakes. Maybe it would have been better to send other girls like Dragoi and maybe Acatrinie but who am I to say that. Maybe Stela wanted to go.

I am very hopeful for the Olympics. The girls have improved enormously and I think they will be in contention for a medal because they have improved on bars, the gap is not as big as it used to be.

mikeyy
13th April 2008, 19:52
I have read your report and I liked it very much...congrats!!!
Thank you very much!

ioanavol
13th April 2008, 20:25
Thanks Nicole, I've also read your report, really nice, felt like being there:)
So you are Nicole Citroen? From The Netherlands? Then...Hartelijk welkom op ons forum!! En bedankt voor het verslag over het Europeense Kampioenschap! Heel mooi werk!
(I'm in the learning fase at the moment, so sorry if not everything I said was correct:P)

Tess_AN
13th April 2008, 20:47
Hello everyone! Just wanted to say I am here too (Tes from GW). I tried to read in Romanian about the school championships. Love the pics, thanks so much! Are there some results known already?
Welcome to this forum, TessaW! I can be called Anto - the first four letters from my first name. :)

We have some info about School championships, we have pictures and results but they are not processed yet! (take a look under Competitii thread - Concursuri junioare 2008 and you'll find a few vids - raw form). To be reviewed!
Cata, Mihaela and Mary have been there and we are waiting for their posts.
While editing this, I just got the team results from Cata:
Teams:
Clasament pe echipe:
CATEGORIA a III a:
1. CSS Cetate Deva echipa 1
2. CSS Nr 1 Constanta
3. CSS Cetate DEVA echipa 2
CATEGORIILE II + I:
1. CSS Cetate Deva
2. CSS Nr 3 Steaua Bucuresti
3. CSS Barlad
CATEGORIA a IV a:
1. CSS Dinamo,
2. CSS Deva,
3. CSS NR 1 Constanta

AA for Cat II and III
CATEGORIA III:
INDIVIDUAL COMPUS:
1. Andreea Tufan
2. Anca Corlaciu
3. Andreea Petcu

CATEGORIA II:
1. Mihaela Dima (Deva),
2. Diana Rusu (Deva),
3. ................

In spite of her hurt knee, Angy competed to all 4 apparatus. Irina did all 4 apparatus as well. At Cat IV level II (her group of age -9 years old) Irina was 5 on AA. In all events she was in the first 8 and on FX she got a medal. See the other thread for pictures.

Thank you Cata for all of those. More (including videos) to come in the next days!

Nicole25
14th April 2008, 21:12
Thanks Nicole, I've also read your report, really nice, felt like being there:)
So you are Nicole Citroen? From The Netherlands? Then...Hartelijk welkom op ons forum!! En bedankt voor het verslag over het Europeense Kampioenschap! Heel mooi werk!
(I'm in the learning fase at the moment, so sorry if not everything I said was correct:P)

Yup, that's me :) Ik vind het heel knap dat je al zo goed Nederlands schrijft want het is geen makkelijke taal. Gefeliciteerd dat je de moeite neemt om Nederlands te leren.

ioanavol
15th April 2008, 01:06
Thanks:) As I live in the Netherlands I need to at least put some effort into learning it...although, you are right, it's not easy at all:)
But I find it far more impressive when somebody learns Romanian; especially Dutch people I haven't met many who can write as well as you do...especially taken into account how little compatible these two languages are:D

MartinaE
15th April 2008, 02:46
I`m back from Cottbus but first very busy with my photos and all. But I will tell you everything from the competition - I hope to do this tomorrow.
I got a photo together with Sandra and Stela, and I talked to them for a bit. They remembered me. :)

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/MartinaE/StelaSandraMe.jpg

Sri Ea
15th April 2008, 07:21
Great pic, Martina!:ok:
... Thank you Tess for the report translation about the Junior Competition (and to Mihaela, Cata and Mary for the original reports). Congratulations to both girls for their competition, and hopefully Angy wil be healthy soon enough.

Here is what I found about the romanian nominative entries at the Maribor World Cup in 2 weeks:
-Daniela Druncea is scheduled to compete all 4 events (I wonder what her VT2 will be)
-Gabriela Dragoi will compete on UB-BB-FX
-Cerasela was originally scheduled to compete, but it is obvious that she can not now ... so I hope they'll send a 3rd gymnast instead of her.
Source: http://www.salamunov-memorial.com/portal/index.php?module=PostWrap&page=WAG

Of course these entries are always subject to change until the last days before.

mikeyy
15th April 2008, 08:54
Thank you Martina for this pic!!!Great :floricica:
Sri Ea you gave me a good news...I am really happy to see that Dana Druncea is going to compete all 4 events. I can`t wait to see her vault ( i hope it will be a DTY) and her floor.
Maybe the third gymnast will be Acatrinei...I don`t know

ioanavol
15th April 2008, 09:09
so nice picture!! thx a lot, Martina:)
I wish I also had the courage to go to them at the Europeans last year...but I was a bit shy, as I am twice as tall as them, I thought I'd might scare them off:P
But maybe I(we) manage at the Nationals in June, which I am so happy I can attend:)

SriEa, thanks a lot for coming again with such good news...I can't wait to see Dana compete all 4 events. I hope she came back to her original exercises, if not even improved them! I would like to see Acatrinei or Stanculescu as the third gymnast, replacing Cerasela.

crisloregym
15th April 2008, 10:55
Martina, thanks A LOT for the photo:) And Sri Ea, thanks for the good news about Druncea. And I hope someone will finally tape Dragoi's beam:)

ancaqwe
15th April 2008, 11:21
Thank you for all the news and pictures!

TessaW
15th April 2008, 12:11
Thanks for the results and reports from the school championships. Congratulations Irina! And Angy (Angelica?) too for competing all 4 events. Hope you are healthy soon again! Did I read it correct that Irina_P wrote in the Romanian section that complete results will availeble in 2 days (zilei is day or week?). Or did I completely make that up?

Ioana, I think your Dutch is very well. You made a great effort. I have a classmate at university from Romania and she also tries to learn Dutch, but she says it is very difficult.

Mihaela P
15th April 2008, 12:58
Congratulations Irina!

zilei is day or week?

Thank you!

zile=days

MartinaE
16th April 2008, 18:32
I`m happy you like the photo! :)

Also about the next World Cup that sounds great! It`s good, that Romania is sending out some other girls to them too, and I hope they will do well! :) It would be wonderful if they would replace Cerasela with another gymnasts instead of just skipping on the spot.

In Cottbus Stela was very sad on Sunday after she fell off beam! :( I saw her sitting on a bench crying - it broke my heart!! :(
It was great to see she was smiling and happy again at the banquet that evening though! :)

vlad001
16th April 2008, 19:33
About the World Cup... Today appeared this article: http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/gimnastica/campioanele-europene-nu-mai-participa-la-etapele-de-cupa-mondiala-2558424
Forminte inspired himself from the MAG team who said no World Cups for boys until Europeans, just intense training, and decided he won't send any of the girls to World Cups for 2 months. He said that way they could train without pauses and will hopefully avoid injuries. The next competition for girls will be at the end of May, in Constanta. (An amical meet with Great Britain)

Tess_AN
16th April 2008, 19:34
I`m happy you like the photo! :)
Like it? Love it! Thank you to you for picture and inside half sad story and to all of you (Sri Ea, TessaW, Nicole) for your contribution to this forum.

By the way, we plan to get together on June at Ploiesti at Romanian National. Any hope to see you there?

MartinaE
16th April 2008, 20:15
God I would love to go to Romanian Nationals one day!!!!!
But I will not be able to go this year for sure! :( I just don`t really have enough money to travel much, so I mostly have to keep it inside of Germany.....

By the way.....did anyone hear about how Ana Maria did this weekend? She was supposed to compete in Italy in their leagues, wasn`t she?

On one hand it is sad to read Mr. Forminte has decided to not send any girls to World Cups for the next months, but on the other hand it`s reasonable what he says. Maybe after Cerasela got unjured he really does not want to take any risk.
I consider myself lucky now, that Stela and Sandra have been in Cottbus!!!

mikeyy
16th April 2008, 20:45
By the way.....did anyone hear about how Ana Maria did this weekend? She was supposed to compete in Italy in their leagues, wasn`t she?

Yes, she competed in Italy in Serie 2:
UB 14.750 (6.0)
BB 15.200 (6.1)
FX 14.550 (5.4

TessaW
17th April 2008, 10:54
I would love to go to Romanian nationals too one day (visiting Romania anyway), but this year is difficult for me. In june I am working hard on my MA thesis.... But maybe through reports, pictures and videos from you guys we will have the feeling we have been there a little bit.

I don't know whether you are interested in MAG, but this weekend the junior boys will compete in Holland. Sadly if wille be quite far away from my home and I have a sportmatch myself, so I cannot attend.
Here are the teams competing:

Romania:
Vlad Cotuna
Stefan Marinescu
Stefan Mutiu
Iulian Gheorghe
Ilulian Burduhosu
Laurentiu Nistor

Belgium:
Gilles Gentges
Kristof Schroe
Jérémy Bourgois
Jimmy Verbaeys
Jonas Toeback
Barend Verbeke

Netherlands:
Bart Deurloo
Glenn Smink
Jeffrey Telussa
Boudewijn de Vries
Michel Bletterman
Gawein Spoelstra

mikeyy
17th April 2008, 11:06
Thank you for the information !!!

ioanavol
17th April 2008, 19:19
I would love to go to Romanian nationals too one day (visiting Romania anyway), but this year is difficult for me. In june I am working hard on my MA thesis.... But maybe through reports, pictures and videos from you guys we will have the feeling we have been there a little bit.

I don't know whether you are interested in MAG, but this weekend the junior boys will compete in Holland. Sadly if wille be quite far away from my home and I have a sportmatch myself, so I cannot attend.
Here are the teams competing:

Romania:
Vlad Cotuna
Stefan Marinescu
Stefan Mutiu
Iulian Gheorghe
Ilulian Burduhosu
Laurentiu Nistor

Belgium:
Gilles Gentges
Kristof Schroe
Jérémy Bourgois
Jimmy Verbaeys
Jonas Toeback
Barend Verbeke

Netherlands:
Bart Deurloo
Glenn Smink
Jeffrey Telussa
Boudewijn de Vries
Michel Bletterman
Gawein Spoelstra

Thanks TessaW:) Where are they competing?

ioanavol
17th April 2008, 21:41
found it:
http://www.regiosportaktueel.nl/nieuws.php?nieuws_id=7940&regio=&nieuws=13

It takes place in Den Bosch, on Saturday from 13.30 and the ticket is 3.50 euro...I live half an hour away, but I cannot go, I have sth planned from 13 to 15:((

crisloregym
18th April 2008, 08:14
Thanks for the infos:)

MartinaE
19th April 2008, 16:41
Thank you for all the information - also on Ana Maria. :) It seems the competition did not go too bad for her. After all it was just one week after Europeans, and there she left a great impression for sure. :)

Also this article seems to sound pretty positive on the team about what I have read on it so far!?
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/gimnastica/fetele-au-intrat-in-programul-normal-de-pregatire-2565879

ioanavol
19th April 2008, 18:51
Hi Martina,

yes, that's a pretty positive article:)

It basically says that the girls have resumed training (2 times per day). Mr. Forminte says that the Europeans are history now, that they got over them. Everybody seems more motivated now, especially the girls who didn't make it into the team in France.
The girls who have chances to make it into the team at the Olympics are (besides Nistor, Izbasa, Tamirjan, Patrascu and Dragoi): Andreea Acatrinei, Dana Druncea, Andreea Grigore, Madalina Gutu, and even (!!) Aluissa Lacusteanu.
"Druncea got over the dissapointment of not being in the team at the Europeans and now she's working very hard, just like Grigore and Acatrinei. Everybody has the same chance to get into the team. Even Lacusteanu is an option, she's already working on all 4 apparatuses. The basic elements are ok for her and she has already also the acrobatic line. She made the most progress on the UB, that is why I have hopes that she'd come back." (Forminte)

>>to be honest, we were all quite surprised to hear about Aluissa....4 events?!??wow! still can't believe it.

ioanavol
19th April 2008, 18:55
oh, and now I see it...he did not mention Alina Stanculescu:( maybe she didn't make enough progress?!? 'cause I hope she's not injured or sth.

crisloregym
19th April 2008, 20:01
Yap, he didn't mention none of these girls: Alina Stanculescu, Alexandra Ghita, Adriana Tamarjan. Is there any other gymnast not mentioned? I hope they are ok, as I also hope Stanculescu would make the team...maybe if she gets a good vault, and very good beam and floor, she can be there...I don't know which is her level right now, since the competition in Greece, but I would have LOVED seeing her with a 15.800-16.000 BB and more than 15.000 on FX:D.

TessaW
19th April 2008, 20:50
Results of the MAG jnr meet NED-ROM-BEL

1. Netherlands 246.500
2. Romania 244.650
3. Belgium 241.800

attached you will find individual scores

BTW do you already have full results of the school championships?

cata10
19th April 2008, 20:58
Thank you for the results!

mikeyy
19th April 2008, 21:00
Thank you for the results !!!

No, we don`t have the results from Buzau...:(

MartinaE
21st April 2008, 14:38
Thank you Tessa! :)

Yes, about Aluissa that sounds great - very positive!! She must be working hard to get everything back. But I am also sad to not read the name of Alina Stanculescu in that article. Over the past months it seemed she was coming back nicely!! Too bad there is no word on Ghita any more or on Adriana....I really wonder about them also.....

Here is a photo of Sandra from Cottbus! I will prepare a couple more photos soon to post online. :)

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/MartinaE/SandraIzbasa001.jpg

mikeyy
21st April 2008, 17:33
Thank you very much Martina for the photos!!!

Mihaela P
21st April 2008, 17:35
School Championships ,Buzau ,April 10-13, 2008

Cat IV, level 2

AA:
1.Tirziu Catinca -CSS1 Farul Constanta-1998- 55.800
2.Georgescu Andreea- CSS7 Dinamo Bucuresti-1998-55.775
3.Badea Ioana -CSS1 Timisoara-1998 -55.650
4.Butuc Roberta CSS2 Bucuresti-1998- 55.100
5.Paun Irina - CSS3 Steaua Bucuresti-1998-54.900
6.Calin Cristina - CSS2 Bucuresti-1998-54.775
7.Stanciulescu Georgiana - CSS Cetate Deva-1998-54.300
8.Aribasoiu Miriam - CSS Cetate Deva-1998-53.450
9.Ion Andreea - CSS1 Farul Constanta - 1998-53.450
10.Sandu Simona - CSS7 Dinamo Bucuresti - 1998- 52.625
11.Parva Emanuela - CSS Cetate Deva - 1999- 52.600
12.Rotaru Madalina- CSS Cetate Deva- 1998- 52.300
13.Munteanu Andreea- CSS Cetate Deva - 1998- 52.200
20.Postolache Ana- CSSG Focsani - 1999-51.050
27.Postolache Irina - CSSG Focsani - 1999-50.550
40.Budoiu Larisa - CSS7 Dinamo Bucuresti- 1999-48.200

VT:
1.Badea Ioana - 13.800
2.Georgescu Andreea - 13.775
3.Tirziu Catinca - 13.750
4.Sandu Simona - 13.725
5.Butuc Roberta- 13.700
6.Paun Irina - 13.600
7.Stanciulescu Georgiana - 13.500
8.Calin Cristina- 13.475

UB:
1.Stanciulescu Georgiana - 13.800
1.Tirziu Catinca - 13.800
1.Badea Ioana - 13.800
1.Georgescu Andreea-13.800
5.Paun Irina - 13.500
5.Calin Cristina- 13.500
7.Munteanu Andreea - 13.300
8.Ion Andreea - 13.200

BB:
1.Aribasoiu Miriam - 14.200
1.Butuc Roberta- 14.200
1.Georgescu Andreea -14.200
4.Calin Cristina - 13.900
4.Tirziu Catinca - 13.900
6.Parva Emanuela - 13.850
7.Badea Ioana - 13.700
8.Paun Irina - 13.500

FX:
1.Tirziu Catinca- 14.350
1.Badea Ioana- 14.350
3.Paun Irina - 14.300
3.Butuc Roberta - 14.300
5.Stanciulescu Georgiana- 14.000
5.Georgescu Andreea - 14.000
7.Rotaru Madalina- 13.900
8.Calin Cristina- 13.900

Tess_AN
21st April 2008, 18:06
This week started good! Thank you TessaW for the results! Thank you Martina for the very nice picture of Sandra! Thank you Mihaela for the results from Buzau!
Good news about Aliussa indeed! When she's back, she is my hope for a Romanian VT final! I would have liked to hear some good news about Stanculescu and Ghita as well... it seems we have to wait and see....

TessaW
21st April 2008, 18:22
Thanks so much for the results! I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but do you happen to know the results from the other categories too? Thanks anyway, you have been great. And I see there is another Andreea Munteanu coming up. Hopefully she can make it as far as her name sake and won't be plagued by so many injuries.

TessaW
21st April 2008, 18:27
I found some additional results

From Viitorul Cluj:

Cat IV (I think, could be III too)
Ana Maria Lazar: 7 AA, 3 FX

Cat III
Between place 30 and 37 AA (out of 72 gymnasts): Malina Beldean, Ruxandra Cotop, Kinga Rusnac

There is a pic of Ana Maria Lazar with her medal here
http://www.ziarulfaclia.ro/GIMNASTI...-de-argint+9132

She is the daughter (I think) of football player Ilie Lazar. Wants to join the national team in Deva. She started gymnastics when she was 4. Her favorite gymnasts are Catalina Ponor and Oana Ban.

http://www.sansabuzoiana.ro/sport.html?aid=18623

Cat IV girls:
Alexica Hilteanu (9 years, CSS Buzau) won 5 medals. Gold on bars and floor.

Boys: Andrei Arghir won gold on high bar in the category until 11 years, Adrian Ghionea won bronze on vault in that same category. Both are from Buzau

MartinaE
21st April 2008, 21:02
Tessa, thank you so much for all the results. :)
Lol, I also noticed that other Andreea Munteanu amongst the gymnasts. It would be lovely to get to see more of her in future. ;)

How old is Ana Maria Lazar right now - do you know?

mikeyy
21st April 2008, 21:06
I think that Lazar is 9-10 years old

Tess_AN
21st April 2008, 21:41
Talking about School Championship… Cat. IV has two levels: level 1 and level 2. Irina was born in 1998 and last year she competed at Cat. IV level 1 while this year she was still Cat. IV but level 2. Angy (Angelica Racovita) was born in 1997 and last year she was Cat. IV level 2 and this year she competes at Cat III. This is my understanding from what Mihaela Mary and Cata said.
I think there are separated results for Cat. IV level 1 and Cat. IV level 2.

MartinaE
21st April 2008, 23:45
Thank you mikeyy! :)

And here is a first photo of Stela....

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/MartinaE/StelaNistor001.jpg

mikeyy
21st April 2008, 23:47
Thanks Martina!
I feel sorry for Stela when I see her with so many bandages :( on her knee and arm

TessaW
29th April 2008, 17:25
Larisa Iordache and Madalina Neagu will compete in Germany this weekend, at the Pre-Olympics Youth Cup.

Other competitors:

1995-1996

1 Lena Hermann 1996 AK12_13 TSV Berkheim
2 Nadine Wiedemann 1995 AK12_13 TSV Friedberg
3 Adiba Abjalilova 1997 AK12_13 Usbekistan USB
4 Saskia Berger 1996 AK12_13 KLZ Düsseldorf
5 Elze Geurts 1995 AK12_13 Fame Deventer NED
6 Diana Ahmedova 1995 AK12_13 Usbekistan USB
7 Simone Kuhlmann 1995 AK12_13 KLZ Düsseldorf
8 Anastasiya Kaduk 1995 AK12_13 Usbekistan USB
9 Sanne Joustra 1995 AK12_13 Fame Deventer NED
10 Regina Vagapova 1995 AK12_13 Usbekistan USB
12 Nadine Jarosch 1995 AK12_13 TV Werther
13 Antonia Lupa 1996 AK12_13 TuG Leipzig
14 Julia Beidinger 1995 AK12_13 LZ Mannheim
15 Ana Cecila Gonzalez 1996 AK12_13 Mexiko MEX
16 Tess Moonen 1995 AK12_13 Pro Patria NED
17 Anja Rheinbay 1995 AK12_13 Turnteam Toyota Köln
18 Karla Salazar 1995 AK12_13 Mexiko MEX
19 Pia Wöckener 1996 AK12_13 SV Halle
20 Louisa Knapp 1996 AK12_13 Hamburger Turnerschaft
22 Shahzoda Huseinova 1995 AK12_13 Usbekistan USB
23 Luise Winkler 1996 AK12_13 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
24 Elisa Hämmerle 1995 AK12_13 Österreich AUT
25 Carolin Hödl 1996 AK12_13 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
26 Kaja Mljac 1995 AK12_13 Gim Klub Siska SLO
27 Sevara Hoshimova 1996 AK12_13 Usbekistan USB
28 Vanessa Muth 1996 AK12_13 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
29 Corinne Lamprecht 1995 AK12_13 Österreich AUT
30 Helene Urban 1996 AK12_13 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
31 Rebaka Sarec 1995 AK12_13 Gim Klub Siska SLO
33 Hanna Nimmrichter 1996 AK12_13 TB Neckarhausen
34 Desiree Baumert 1995 AK12_13 TG Söllingen
35 Emmelie-Maria Kunz 1995 AK12_13 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
36 Larissa Lordache 1996 AK12_13 Rumänien ROU
37 Anna-Sophie Kalauch 1995 AK12_13 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
38 Griseldis Krümmer 1996 AK12_13 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
39 Madalina Neagu 1995 AK12_13 Rumänien ROU
40 Isabelle Marquard 1995 AK12_13 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
41 Rosan Schmitz 1996 AK12_13 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf

junior/senior

50 Susann Herbst 1991 AK16 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
51 Ericka Garcia 0 AK16 Mexiko MEX
52 Lisa-Katharina Hill 1992 AK16 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
53 Marisela Cantu 0 AK16 Mexiko MEX
54 Diana Karimdjanova 1994 AK14_15 Usbekistan USB
55 Jessica Heinz 0 AK16 TSG Wellerode
56 Julia Hänel 1990 AK16 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
57 Elsa Garcia 0 AK16 Mexiko MEX
58 Irina Volodchenko 1994 AK14_15 Usbekistan USB
59 Lideya Svechnikofa 1994 AK14_15 Usbekistan USB
61 Sanne de Smet 1994 AK14_15 Bosan/Ton NED
62 Jennifer Huniat 0 AK16 TuG Leipzig
63 Yvette Moshage 1994 AK14_15 Bosan/Ton NED
64 Greta Rauer 1993 AK14_15 TV Herbolzheim
65 Julia Hansen 1993 AK14_15 TuS Chemnitz-Altendorf
66 Wyomi Masela 1993 AK14_15 Bosan/Ton NED
67 Stefanie Hamann 0 AK16 TuG Leipzig
68 Maike Fernbach 1993 AK14_15 Turnteam Toyota Köln
69 Elisabeth Seitz 1993 AK14_15 LZ Mannheim
70 Lieke Wevers 1991 AK16 Bosan/Ton NED
71 Anna Burgmann 1994 AK14_15 Hamburger Turnerschaft
72 Marlies Rijken 1993 AK14_15 Pro Patria NED
73 Tanja Haber 1993 AK14_15 Mexiko MEX
74 Naoual Q. Chahdi 1994 AK14_15 Pro Patria NED
75 Lisa v. der Burg 1994 AK14_15 Pro Patria NED
76 Frauke Kielies 1993 AK14_15 Berliner Turnerbund
77 Paula Martinez 1994 AK14_15 Mexiko MEX
78 Raffaella Bidotti 1994 AK14_15 Fame Deventer NED
79 Sarah Reim 1993 AK14_15 Berliner Turnerbund
81 Catharina Lenz 1994 AK14_15 Berliner Turnerbund
82 Naomi van Dijk 1994 AK14_15 TV Herkenrath
83 Tesa Belak 1994 AK14_15 GD Zelena Jama SLO
85 Kristina Bechtel 1994 AK14_15 TG Söllingen
85 Nathalie Wecker 1994 AK14_15 Berliner Turnerbund
86 Alissa Uhlich 1994 AK14_15 TSV Friedberg
87 Katharina Fa 1994 AK14_15 Österreich AUT
88 Ruby van Dijk 1994 AK14_15 TV Herkenrath
89 Fiona Novak 1994 AK14_15 GD Zelena Jama SLO

mikeyy
29th April 2008, 17:45
Thank you for the information.....Larisa is a good gymnast,I know her from last year...she has a great beam routine.

crisloregym
30th April 2008, 16:51
Thanks a lot, Tessa:) I'm sooo curious to see Larisa Iordache this year:)

TessaW
1st May 2008, 12:52
Fans from the Netherlands are going, among others Dutchfan, with his camera! So I think he will provide some videos!

crisloregym
1st May 2008, 13:19
Please, share the videos with us, if you manage to get some!!!!!:)

On the other hand, in today's Prosport, they say Cerasela starts her recuperation. Her wires have been removed.

TessaW
1st May 2008, 22:29
Dutchfan always puts his videos on youtube, he will put the link on gymworld. I will put it here if he has his videos up. I wanted to go to, but I have to work this weekend.

Good news about Cerasela. Hope she has a fast and good recovery!

crisloregym
1st May 2008, 22:59
Cata10 also discovered an article here http://www.cotidianul.ro/anamaria_tamirjan_are_o_sora_care_i_transmite_emot iile-42884.html about the sisters Tamirjan. It was written in april, at the end of the Europeans....from what they say, Adriana was at Deva in April, so it seams she might be there now too.

MartinaE
2nd May 2008, 18:10
That`s great news on Cerasela! :) I hope things are going well for her!!!

Yes, the competition here in Germany should be interesting. It`s fantastic to know we will be getting some videos from there. :) As I will not be going there...:(

crisloregym
2nd May 2008, 19:16
It's really exciting how many gymnastics competitions Germany hosts...I wish Romania would host at least one international event (and I'm not talking about dual meets) :(

mikeyy
3rd May 2008, 19:42
Martina..I know that you are from Germany. Do you know something about Fabian Hambuechen? I found out that he had injured one of his fingers...it`s something bad?

MartinaE
3rd May 2008, 21:14
Yes I am in Germany. :)
What I have read on Fabian is, that he sprained his finger - but it seems there is nothing broken, and he will still compete at Europeans. I guess it`s just a little painful for a while but nothing serious.

mikeyy
3rd May 2008, 21:16
Thank you! :floricica:

crisloregym
4th May 2008, 12:42
As Tessa said, DutchFan did post some routines on youtube:D So, thanks to him, we can watch
Larisa's FX - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwyXeEXHI3A&locale=en_US&persist_locale=1
Madalina Neagu's FX- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rr_3Gtt-_U&locale=en_US&persist_locale=1
Larisa's UB - http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxogb-UBgnY
Madalina's UB - http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=0rcJNE4ObVM
Madalina's BB - http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=HtunnZBlUNw

Results: http://www.gymmedia.com/ag/events08/PreO-Youth-aa-12-13.pdf

ancaqwe
4th May 2008, 13:09
DutchFan put all the routines of the romanian girls on youtube: http://nl.youtube.com/user/Dutchfan33
Big thanks to him, TessaW and MartinaE!!
Hope Madalina is not seriousely injured and they take care of her ankles. The UB routines are a lot better than I expected :)

TessaW
5th May 2008, 10:29
I really liked the floor routines of both girls! And it was so cute seeing Larisa hugging Madalina after her beam. COngratulations to Larisa and I am sure next competition will go better for Madalina. On a different note, Dutchfan will also put more Dutch video's on his youtube. Some of the juniors are really nice to watch, like Marlies Rijken on beam and floor and Yvette Moshage and Naoual Ouazzani Chahdi.

Tess_AN
6th May 2008, 01:25
Cata10 also discovered an article here http://www.cotidianul.ro/anamaria_tamirjan_are_o_sora_care_i_transmite_emot iile-42884.html about the sisters Tamirjan. It was written in april, at the end of the Europeans....from what they say, Adriana was at Deva in April, so it seams she might be there now too.
And... Crisloregym also discovered an article here: http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/gimnastica/luptatoarea-tamarjan-2608475 about the sisters Tamirjan. Adriana has retired, left Deva and she's home. AnaMaria is determined to compete for both of them.

ioanavol
7th May 2008, 00:42
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/gimnastica/deva-capitala-lumii-la-gimnastica-2595771

Because I partially translated it for another forum, I'll also put it here. I appologize I couldn't do it very well, but the language used exceeds my level of English...here it is.

HOW IT IS FOR US
First it says about Deva, the place "where everything started", in 1978, following an idea of Martha and Bela Karolyi. At the entrance of the town there a group of statues of famous gymnasts which introduce you in the atmosphere...

Deva, the first home for the girls

At the entrance, amongst tens of photos with the teams which became champions, it draws your attention a huge picture where
Cerasela, Sandra, Steliana, Gabriela, Anamaria smile with medals and flowwers in their hands. The new generation which made it possible to hear the Romanian national anthem at the Europeans. The silence is broken by the noise of the valuts and of the apparatuses where the girls are working hard on. "It's not good, more force, keep your foot!", you can hear a coach's voice from behind the door. In the olympic team this is a normal day of work, one of the many when the girls work hard in order to fulfill their dreams, that is a gold olympic medal.
The training camp here became a second home, or even the first, for the best 13 girls selected from the whole country. A modern gym, a campus recently renovated, a canteen and the school placed closeby, this is their universe. "I go home once per year, my mom comes to visit me from time to time. It's very difficult, but I got used to it. I want to be a champion and here I can become one, at home I cannot do that", explains Gabriela Dragoi, the youngest of the team which won the gold.

Work and sacrifice=success

Training, eating, school, recuperation, that is the daily program of a gymnast. Ambition, perseverence and the desire of being the best are the ingredients which lead to a champion. The gold at the EC seems to have changed nothing in the way they train. "The change is at mental level. The girls became more selfconfident.", explains the coach Nicolae Forminte.
In teh gym they are working on all events. The smiles are very few, the concentration is at its maximum. "Not everybody who comes here becomes a champion. It is a sad, but a true reality", says the coach.

It lasted 6 months to build the olimpic center at Deva, a record at that time, in 1978.

The senior women olympic team is composed by:

Andreea Acatrinei (CSS Cetate Deva)
Gabriela Drãgoi (CSS Buzãu)
Daniela Druncea (CSA/CSS 3 Steaua Bucureºti)
Alexandra Ghitã (CSS Cetate Deva)
Andreea Grigore (CSA/CSS 3 Steaua Bucureºti)
Mãdãlina Guþu (LPS Oneºti)
Sandra Izbaºa (CSA/CSS 3 Steaua Bucureºti)
Aluissa Lãcusteanu (CSS Cetate Deva)
Steliana Nistor (CSS Sibiu)
Cerasela Pãtraºcu (CSS Cetate Deva)
Andreea Palade (LPS Oneºti)
Alina Stãnculescu (CSA/CSS 3 Steaua Bucureºti)
Anamaria Tãmîrjan (CS Petrolul Ploieºti)

Guys from the Capital

The men's team is training for over 10 years at the gym from the sport centrum "Lia Manoliu" in Bucharest.

Medalled with bronze at the past edition of the OG, the gymnasts of Dan Grecu have modern training conditions at the gym situated a few minutes away from the Sport Hotel, the place where the gymnasts are acommodated.
While for over 13 years they trained in Resita (1983-1996), in 1997 they came to train in the Capital.

Now, the best 16 gymnasts of the country follow the daily training program, including Daniel Popescu and Marian Dragulescu, the main contenders for the olympic gold at VT and FX. Two training sessions per day, recuperations, strength, verifications, all for the best result during the competitions.

HOW IT IS FOR THEM
The ranch of Bela Karolyi

In the US there is an impressive number of gymnasts: Seven millions!!
Each gymnast trains at its own club, but once a month, during 4-5 days, she is tested at the "Academy" World of Gymnastics of Bela Karolyi, built in 1984, in a ranch next to Housten, 3 years after he ran out of Romania. The system imposed by Bela raised the value of the american gymnastics school, but lead also to complaints regarding the toughness of the training sessions coordonated by him.

The success, however, appears only after sacrifices, and for Beijing the selection for the olypic team will also be done at the ranch of Bela. The examinator will be Martha Karolyi, the coordinator coach of the American team. "There is a big pressure when you compete in front of 10 000 people. But it cannot be compared with what you feel when you do your exercises in front of Martha", says the world champion Shawn Johnson (16 ys old), the great hope of the US.

Tess_AN
8th May 2008, 22:25
School Championships ,Buzau ,April 10-13, 2008
Cat IV, level 2

VT:
6.Paun Irina - 13.600

UB:
5.Paun Irina - 13.500

BB:
8.Paun Irina - 13.500

FX:
3.Paun Irina - 14.300

Here you go Irina's routines (sorry for vids quality)
VT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulUnB53ob8Y
UB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXeBsQmd_dA&feature=user
FX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx1WaPNt4B0&feature=related
BB: (practice assisted by Floarea Leonida and contest): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOJPatbqCD8&feature=related

MartinaE
15th May 2008, 14:37
Thank you so much for the links Tess. :) It is always interesting to see how the younger girls are doing. :)

I`m really sorry to hear about Adriana having to retire! :( It must be hard for the two girls to be seperated now....:( But I am sure Ana-Maria is able to do very well in the near future anyway!

ioanavol
15th May 2008, 23:26
Martina, we were too busy with commenting the guys' results at the Europeans and making the plans for June and we forgot to congratulate you for the results of the German team. Congratulations, you have a very good team!!!

We are a bit sad that the Romanian guys made quite many mistakes, they could have achieved so much more...but in the end 3 medals is not so bad, we hope for better in the Olympics!! Especially with Marian Dragulescu in the team and with Razvan Selariu feeling better (he had problems with his bisceps and he couldn't do the rings exercise)!

Sri Ea
15th May 2008, 23:34
Bad news!:(
The olympic draw has been announced for WAG: a very bad draw for Romania.
They will compete in qualies in the 1st subdivision (usually the subdivision with the lowest scoring)
They will actually compete with China (that could actually rise the scores of the subdivision a little bit) but then I think they will suffer from the direct comparison with the Chinese girls, the huge favorites who have received lately "out of space" scores (even if there has been some overscoring in them)

mikeyy
15th May 2008, 23:37
But why in the first subdivision :( We should have been in the last one......:(
And Russia and USA?

ioanavol
15th May 2008, 23:38
Thx, SriEa!!

is that so bad? I mean, it's "only" qualifications...and it can be that the girls compete better with weaker teams (just thinking). China could indeed stress them a bit, but I think it would have been a lot worse with the US team, their attitude is far more intimidating.

crisloregym
15th May 2008, 23:41
Thanks Sri Ea. It seems the order is as it follows:

Subdivision 1 – China, Romania and two mixed groups;
Subdivision 2 –Great Britain, Italy, Japan, USA
Subdivision 3 – Australia, Germany, Russia, Ukraine
Subdivision 4 – Brazil, France and two mixed groups

I agree, it's not the best way possible, I hope this won't affect the girls' chances to qualify in the Exercise Finals (especially on bars and beam). ON the other hand, I don't worry they don't qualify in the team finals and there, they will be again compared to China. So the qualies will be a dual meet with China:D, as a training to the finals. I just hope the girls will be motivated enough and that they just do their jobs. It's all they can do:)

Sri Ea
15th May 2008, 23:43
Olympics are not like Euros where the best teams compete together in the last subdivisions.
The teams qualifications are decided by a draw (randomly)
Russia will be in the 3rd and USA the 2nd.

ioanavol
15th May 2008, 23:46
I think for Steliana is better to compete in the first group...for Sandra I don't think it matters much (she seems stronger)...and for the other girls, I think not working under pressure will help.
And indeed, comparison with China is one of the best, while avoiding US helps.

Sri Ea
15th May 2008, 23:48
I don't really worry about the girls chances to reach TF (they are euro champs, after all) but yes I frankly worry about their individual chances to reach EF (I remember Beth Tweddle being deprived of the UB final 4 years ago only because she was in the 1st subdivision).
Also for the AA girls, your scoring in qualies affect your ranking and then determines the group you'll be able to compete in.:(

ioanavol
15th May 2008, 23:52
I don't really worry about the girls chances to reach TF (they are euro champs, after all) but yes I frankly worry about their individual chances to reach EF (I remember Beth Tweddle being deprived of the UB final 4 years ago only because she was in the 1st subdivision).
Also for the AA girls, your scoring in qualies affect your ranking and then determines the group you'll be able to compete in.:(

But why would be an advantage to compete in the last subdivision? For a person who is quite emotional I think in the beginning is the best.
And so far they qualified in their best events at every EC/WC, as far as I can remember....

rob_din
15th May 2008, 23:56
Here is the men's draw:

Subdivision 1 – Italy, Spain, United States and three mixed groups;
Subdivision 2 – Canada, China, France, Japan, Russia and a mixed group; and
Subdivision 3 – Belarus, Germany, Korea, Romania and two mixed groups.

I have a totally different opinion: i think the draws are good in women's competition and in men's competition as well. With China in the first subdivision i doubt the marks will be lower than in the following subdivisions

Sri Ea
15th May 2008, 23:59
But why would be an advantage to compete in the last subdivision?

Because the scoring is always getting bigger in the last subdivisions. It has always been this way.
Plus I think the Chinese are now more a threat than the USA. Their A scores are so huge in almost all events that they can now afford to have 3-4 falls before beginning to worry about the team title. Added to that, their execution is very clean which should give them sky high B scores.

ioanavol
16th May 2008, 00:04
Yes, I know that, but they would have these scores anyway. And I honestly don't think our girls will be underscored when being with China in the group, only if China is also underscored.
That's my feeling...anyway, they need to hit, no matter in which group they are. If they don't, the referees can give B-scores which can differ by a point and then it's entirely up to them who gets in which final (except for the Chinese, whom I agree that can fall and still qualify).
Stela and Sandra/AnaMaria can qualify for the beam. Sandra should not be a problem to qualify for the floor and maybe Anamaria will be at the limit.
Stela at UB might have troubles, but there anyway we don't have high hopes for a medal (although she really likes this event).

I think qualification into AA should not be problem for either Sandra or Stela (btw, how many qualify for AA in total?)

Sri Ea
16th May 2008, 00:06
Oh and of course the Romanians will be competing with the homeland competitors meaning that the chinese crowd will go totally wild about their team and there will be much more pressure on the girls to hit under these circumstances.
Remember Atlanta, even Anaheim.

ioanavol
16th May 2008, 00:10
yes, you're right, I forgot about this...but that should be the main problem and not that they are in the first group, I think.

but come on, the Chinese crowd will also be present during the finals, it's good training for that...if they cannot do it in the qualifications why would they be able to do it during finals?

rob_din
16th May 2008, 00:23
yes, you're right, I forgot about this...but that should be the main problem and not that they are in the first group, I think.

but come on, the Chinese crowd will also be present during the finals, it's good training for that...if they cannot do it in the qualifications why would they be able to do it during finals?

Correct, and it's not like chinese public will behave like the US public in Atlanta

Romania will clearly qualify for the final and for the individual AA, the problem may appear with the appratus finlas qualification. But Romania did very well in qualifications at the last big events.

crisloregym
16th May 2008, 00:42
I agree...the fact that Romania has to challenge the Chinese crowd some days before the finals is a very good point. This way, during the finals they will know what to avoid and how to deal with this pressure. I believe it's better this way...no surprises during the finals;)

Sri Ea
16th May 2008, 06:28
Correct, and it's not like chinese public will behave like the US public in Atlanta.

I don't agree. The Chinese crowds are well known to be wilder and even fiercer than the Americans and if there need to be one example, it's just the wild way they behaved at Tianjin Worlds in 1999 although their team was very far from the favorites and the Romanians had a very steady and consistent team and the Code of points was then all about hitting.
A lot of athletes complained about them.

I agree...the fact that Romania has to challenge the Chinese crowd some days before the finals is a very good point. This way, during the finals they will know what to avoid and how to deal with this pressure. I believe it's better this way...no surprises during the finals

Of course I agree that it is a good training but first, you need to hit without mistakes the first time in qualifications! The Romanians (and Europeans in general) are way far behind both the Chinese and the USA in terms of A score so their only way to stay in the race is to hit everything and to make as little mistakes as possible not to hurt their B score much.
Hitting the 1st time in qualies is important because:
-the qualies scores will determine your qualifications to EF for which Romania has its best chances at gold.
-they also determine the scoring of the AAers. Of course, I'm not worried about Stela or Sandra making it to AA finals. However, I do worry that if they don't hit under the crowd pressure or if they hit but with the usual average scoring of the early sessions, it will affect their placing in the AA qualifications and this truely affects your chances in the final as you can be in the second group of girls in the final while traditionally the best scores are given to the first group... Just like I'm sure it affected Sandra's scoring being in the 2nd group of AA last year in Stuttgart but it gave an advantage to the 1st group girls (Jade, Shawn, Stela, Vanessa, etc.)
-finally the scores given in qualifications give a first ranking of all the teams which gives quite a mental advantage (or disadvantage) depending in which position you qualified for TF.
Of course with the 6-3-3 in TF, you could say that afterwards, anything could happen but alas I don't think it is the case anymore with this Code of points. Girls with 7.7 A score on UB like He Kexin or Yang YiLin from China can afford to fall twice and still be able to outscore a hitting routine from Cerasela (the second best bar worker in Romania) Well however, this is another debate and ranting at the actual code of point is for sorrow a lost cause.

Well, anyway, I didn't want to seem all alarmist by posting my opinion, but it is a fact that competing in the early sessions has always been more difficult for the athletes as far as the scoring goes and competing in front of the wild home crowd in gymnastics is also very difficult because it makes it all the more harder to stay in your bubble of concentration if you want to hit.

... Of course deep down in my heart, I'm still hoping that Forminte is preparing some secret weapons to boost the girls A scores for the Games!

ETA: I forgot to add that Romania will start on VT, which is actually rather good, as they will have UB out of the way from the second rotation.

ioanavol
16th May 2008, 08:13
I... Of course deep down in my heart, I'm still hoping that Forminte is preparing some secret weapons to boost the girls A scores for the Games!

Hehe, we all hope that...

mikeyy
16th May 2008, 08:34
I am not worried about Sandra...she is very powerful, mentally speaking and she can hit in almost every circumstance. I am afraid about Stela..she is a bit nervous, but she always hits in the quali.
Hope that everithing will be ok, and Forminte will prepare some secret weapons too :)
It`s good that we start at vault!!!!

ioanavol
16th May 2008, 08:51
yes, we need to think positively...and they a lot more than us!

crisloregym
16th May 2008, 12:32
Sri Ea, now it makes sense what you said, I believe you're right. I also hope there will be some magic going on with their A scores:D And I believe that if the team will be so well consolidated as it was at the Europeans, things will go very well:)

On the other hand, I would like to make an announcement : Ioana is now our second moderator !!!!She is our second boss, together woth Mihai (Mikeyy). I am sure they will make such a great team!!!:)

Congrats, Ioana!!!!!!

ioanavol
16th May 2008, 19:19
If you call me "boss" again, I will get upset on you! (she also did that in Romanian)

I am no boss, I just have a bit more freedom to organize things here. Mihai is doing a great job, and that makes my assignment a lot easier;)

crisloregym
17th May 2008, 00:00
Well, I also called "boss" Mihai, when he was named moderator;) It's a way of showing my enthusiasm:D I will never do it again, Ioana, don't worry:)...But I'm happy:P

ioanavol
17th May 2008, 09:25
:) you are very nice, so I couldn't get upset on you anyway.

MartinaE
19th May 2008, 18:11
Martina, we were too busy with commenting the guys' results at the Europeans and making the plans for June and we forgot to congratulate you for the results of the German team. Congratulations, you have a very good team!!!

We are a bit sad that the Romanian guys made quite many mistakes, they could have achieved so much more...but in the end 3 medals is not so bad, we hope for better in the Olympics!! Especially with Marian Dragulescu in the team and with Razvan Selariu feeling better (he had problems with his bisceps and he couldn't do the rings exercise)!

Awww thanks so much! Yes I was very happy to see our team doing so well. The silver definately was a big success for the team, and Fabian did very well also despite the two small injuries he was carrying with him. :)

It`s a pity Romania made mistakes, but at the same time I think you team is showing lots of promise, too. Razvan`s floor is pretty impressive! :)

MartinaE
19th May 2008, 18:19
About the Olympic draw I pretty much agree with what Sri Ea wrote also.......it can have a few advantages to be in the first group but it has shown in the past that there are disadvantages. Usually scoring was lower. Though I hope it might be different this time as China is in the same group. I am sure Mr. Forminte prepares the girls well for what is awaiting them in terms of the wild crowd in China, and I hope they will have the mental toughness to be not affected by that.
Normally I think they should not have a problem being in the team finals, so when they are finished they are able to sit back and maybe watch some of the other teams.
I agree EF is the thing to worry about the most though I hope it won`t have too much of an affect. Same goes for the AA and the groups the girls will be in. I sure hope Stela and Sandra will both manage to make the first group!!

Apart from that I must say, that Germany got a really good draw. I hope they will be able and make the best out of that. :)

Tess_AN
20th May 2008, 21:17
Thank you Sri Ea. The statistics are as you said, the last used to be the first! I agree with you... And Steliana did a good job at CM being the last one to compete on floor during AA and also after Catalina on beam at EF.
I don't hope to much in "surprise" on A score even I wish, but looking behind it did not happen so I don't think it will happen now. Let's hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
By the end of the day, the draw is the draw and the best should be able to win regardless "the weather".

crisloregym
24th May 2008, 12:26
If there is anyone who would like to come to the Romanian Nationals this year (27-29 of June, in Ploiesti), we try to make it there also. In fact, we allready establish the details regarding hotels, banners, T-shirts etc. So we all could meet there :D. We could meet you there also;)

Sri Ea
24th May 2008, 15:24
Oh my frustration.
I had planned from last year that I would finally come to Romania to attend one gymnastics competition.
Alas when the event calendar came out earlier this year, I saw that all the dates were wrong for me.
My holidays will begin on 27th of June only. By the time I'd travel to Romania it would be already 29 before I could see anything or the end of EF.
If only Nationals had been a little bit later (like 3 days after only)!

It's great though that you are organising yourselves to meet guys. I hope we can expect pics and vids!
Next year maybe for me...

I'll attend the International Meet in Rome on July 5th -provided there are still tickets when I arrive- and will film the Romanians as much as I can! I suppose the team there will be the olympic one! Any of you who could come?

I won't be able to attend the international competition in Germany though... but do you know if there will be any competition with Romanians (even juniors or younger ones, I love watching them too!) until mid august in any place of Europe?

Tess_AN
24th May 2008, 17:53
Hot News from Cata10: Bacau, May 24, 2008: Juniors Romanian Nationals – cat. IV. (b. 1998-1999) – day 1. – AA and qualification for EF.

Irina Paun: VT: 13.850 UB: 13.600 BB:13.100 FX: 14.100 – 3rd AA Congrats for your first AA medal! To many more to come!

Irina will be tomorrow, on Sunday in VT (1st in qualifications), UB (4th in qualifications) and FX (2nd in qualifications) finals. Go Irina!!!

TessaW
24th May 2008, 22:01
Congratulations Irina! Great news. Good luck tomorrow in finals. Hope full results will be posted on the FRG site sometime next week.

TessaW
25th May 2008, 00:04
Cetate Deva competed today at Zelena Jama Open (Slovenia). The team (Claudia Voicu, Raluca Haidu and Diana Trenca) won. Voicu also won the AA. The others did not compete AA. For Haidu it was the first competition in 2008. Trenca competed vt and bars, after only competing bars at the interland in Italy. Are they coming back from injury?

Results (sorry for the bad lay out):

1 CETATE DEVA ROM 25.550 26.000 27.550 28.150 107.250
2 GD ZELENA JAMA 1 SLO 26.700 23.150 27.400 27.300 104.550
3 ISRAEL 1 ISR 26.600 24.100 27.350 26.200 104.250
4 HUNGAROTEL HUN 26.300 20.750 27.450 23.950 98.450
5 GD ZELENA JAMA 2 SLO 25.700 20.850 24.500 25.050 96.100
6 SLOVAKIA SVK 25.150 22.500 24.650 23.500 95.800
7 ISKRA ZABRZE POL 25.600 20.050 23.350 24.200 93.200
8 ©D GIB ©I©KA SLO 25.350 18.700 23.550 24.700 92.300
9 TIROL AUT 25.550 17.950 23.950 23.050 90.500
10 ®GK VITA RIJEKA CRO 24.900 20.250 21.100 22.050 88.300
11 BOHEMIANS PRAGA CZE 24.050 18.950 21.450 22.000 86.450
12 GD ZELENA JAMA 3 SLO 22.850 15.050 20.450 22.750 81.100
13 OSTSCHWEIZ SUI 22.950 12.700 19.200 19.850 74.700
14 ISRAEL 2 ISR 24.750 0.000 22.450 22.500 69.700
15 FLGYM LUX 13.050 8.600 12.000 12.100 45.750
16 GK MARJAN SPLIT CRO 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000

1 CLAUDIA VOICU CETATE DEVA ROM A 4,40 5,10 6,30 5,00
B 8,55 8,25 8,40 9,05
Pen
Score 12,950 13,350 14,700 14,050 55,050
2 RONI RABINOVITZ ISRAEL 1 ISR A 4,60 5,50 5,60 5,30
B 8,70 7,45 8,00 8,45
Pen -0,10
Score 13,300 12,950 13,600 13,650 53,500
3 TEJA BELAK GD ZELENA JAMA 1 SLO A 5,00 4,40 5,70 5,10
B 8,45 7,60 7,70 8,70
Pen
Score 13,450 12,000 13,400 13,800 52,650
4 FIONA NOVAK GD ZELENA JAMA 1 SLO A 4,40 5,00 5,60 5,20
B 8,85 6,25 8,35 8,30
Pen -0,10
Score 13,250 11,150 13,950 13,500 51,850
5 TJA©A KYSSELEF GD ZELENA JAMA 2 SLO A 4,60 5,10 4,90 5,00
B 8,90 6,90 7,50 8,60
Pen -0,40
Score 13,500 11,600 12,400 13,600 51,100
6 IVANA KAMNIKAR GD ZELENA JAMA 1 SLO A 4,20 5,10 5,20 4,80
B 8,70 6,10 8,25 8,10
Pen -0,40 -0,30
Score 12,900 10,800 13,450 12,600 49,750
7 BARBORA MOKOSOVA SLOVAKIA SVK A 4,00 3,00 5,40 4,40
B 8,30 9,00 8,25 7,95
Pen -0,60
Score 12,300 11,400 13,650 12,350 49,700
8 SZIMONETTA KEKEGYI HUNGAROTEL HUN A 4,40 2,40 4,80 4,30
B 8,55 8,45 9,00 8,00
Pen -0,60
Score 12,950 10,250 13,800 12,300 49,300
9 REBEKA ©AREC ©D GIB ©I©KA SLO A 4,20 3,30 4,70 4,20
B 8,75 8,50 7,15 8,55
Pen -0,60 -0,10
Score 12,950 11,200 11,750 12,750 48,650
10 NAAMA BERNSTEIN ISRAEL 1 ISR A 4,60 4,40 4,70 4,30
B 8,70 6,75 6,80 8,25
Pen
Score 13,300 11,150 11,500 12,550 48,500
11 HADAS KOREN ISRAEL 1 ISR A 4,40 4,30 5,60 4,00
B 7,90 6,55 8,15 7,85
Pen -0,60
Score 12,300 10,250 13,750 11,850 48,150
12 DAJANA ILNICKA ISKRA ZABRZE POL A 4,40 4,30 5,30 4,60
B 8,50 5,80 7,30 8,30
Pen -0,50 -0,30
Score 12,900 9,600 12,600 12,600 47,700
13 SZABINA MITYKO HUNGAROTEL HUN A 4,40 2,20 3,50 4,30
B 8,80 8,90 8,65 7,35
Pen -0,60
Score 13,200 10,500 12,150 11,650 47,500
14 EKATERINA PODKOPAEV ISR A 4,00 4,00 4,70 4,60
B 8,70 6,15 7,30 7,85
Pen -0,60
Score 12,700 9,550 12,000 12,450 46,700
15 MARA KIMMEL FLGYM LUX A 4,20 2,80 5,30 3,90
B 8,85 6,40 6,80 8,30
Pen -0,60 -0,10 -0,10
Score 13,050 8,600 12,000 12,100 45,750
16 INES SALOPEK ®GK VITA RIJEKA CRO A 4,00 3,20 4,60 4,30
B 8,50 7,70 6,35 7,45
Pen -0,60 -0,40
Score 12,500 10,300 10,950 11,350 45,100
17 RU®ICA BUZOV GK MARJAN SPLIT CRO A 4,20 4,70 4,90 3,70
B 8,20 5,85 5,70 7,90
Pen -0,10
Score 12,400 10,450 10,600 11,600 45,050
18 LUCIA ACOVA SLOVAKIA SVK A 4,20 2,90 3,60 3,80
B 8,30 7,85 7,30 7,35
Pen -0,30
Score 12,500 10,450 10,900 11,150 45,000
19 KAROLINA KITA ISKRA ZABRZE POL A 4,20 2,90 3,90 3,30
B 8,50 7,55 6,75 7,55
Pen
Score 12,700 10,450 10,650 10,850 44,650
20 CHRISTINA MEIXNER TIROL AUT A 4,20 3,30 5,40 3,90
B 8,50 4,30 7,40 8,30
Pen -0,70
Score 12,700 6,900 12,800 12,200 44,600
21 NATHALIE RAICH TIROL AUT A 4,20 3,20 4,40 3,40
B 8,65 7,15 6,75 7,45
Pen -0,60
Score 12,850 9,750 11,150 10,850 44,600
22 JANA KORENACKOVA SLOVAKIA SVK A 4,20 3,50 3,60 3,50
B 8,45 7,60 7,40 6,65
Pen -0,50
Score 12,650 11,100 11,000 9,650 44,400
23 LILLA LUKACSI HUNGAROTEL HUN A 4,40 2,00 5,10 3,60
B 8,70 4,60 8,55 7,95
Pen -0,60
Score 13,100 6,000 13,650 11,550 44,300
24 SARA KING GD ZELENA JAMA 2 SLO A 4,00 1,60 3,50 3,10
B 7,30 8,35 8,60 8,35
Pen -0,70
Score 11,300 9,250 12,100 11,450 44,100
25 KAJA SE©KO GD ZELENA JAMA 2 SLO A 4,00 1,90 3,40 3,10
B 8,20 7,70 8,00 8,15
Pen -0,40
Score 12,200 9,200 11,400 11,250 44,050
26 ANE®KA JANCOVA BOHEMIANS PRAGA CZE A 4,20 2,30 3,20 3,20
B 8,25 8,35 7,25 7,45
Pen -0,60
Score 12,450 10,050 10,450 10,650 43,600
27 EVA CREPULJA ®GK VITA RIJEKA CRO A 4,00 2,70 3,90 3,00
B 8,40 7,85 6,25 7,70
Pen -0,60
Score 12,400 9,950 10,150 10,700 43,200
27 TATJANA HOLECZEK ©D GIB ©I©KA SLO A 4,00 1,70 3,50 3,80
B 8,40 6,50 8,05 7,95
Pen -0,70
Score 12,400 7,500 11,550 11,750 43,200
29T TEA LALIC GK MARJAN SPLIT CRO A 3,80 1,60 4,30 3,50
B 8,45 6,60 6,65 8,10
Pen -0,70
Score 12,250 7,500 10,950 11,600 42,300
29T KATARZYNA SRODON ISKRA ZABRZE POL A 4,20 3,70 4,80 3,60
B 7,45 4,90 5,95 8,00
Pen -0,30
Score 11,650 8,300 10,750 11,600 42,300
31 VIKTORIA YEGOROVA BOHEMIANS PRAGA CZE A 4,20 1,80 3,40 3,00
B 7,40 7,80 7,60 7,55
Pen -0,70
Score 11,600 8,900 11,000 10,550 42,050
32 MARINA SCHWINGHAMMER TIROL 2 AUT A 4,00 2,30 2,70 3,40
B 8,20 6,65 7,45 7,65
Pen -0,60
Score 12,200 8,350 10,150 11,050 41,750
33 NATALIA CHALUPOVA BOHEMIANS PRAGA CZE A 2,40 1,40 3,00 2,90
B 8,75 8,10 6,95 8,45
Pen -0,70
Score 11,150 8,800 9,950 11,350 41,250
34 EVA ZALAR GD ZELENA JAMA 3 SLO A 2,40 1,70 2,90 2,80
B 8,65 6,70 8,15 8,25
Pen -0,40
Score 11,050 8,000 11,050 11,050 41,150
35 EMA KAJIC ®GK VITA RIJEKA CRO A 4,00 2,60 3,80 3,70
B 8,15 7,25 5,30 7,25
Pen -0,60 -0,50
Score 12,150 9,250 9,100 10,450 40,950
36 MARA GLABONJAT TIROL AUT A 4,00 3,40 3,90 3,00
B 8,35 5,10 6,30 7,05
Pen -0,30
Score 12,350 8,200 10,200 10,050 40,800
37 TEJA GRDEN GD ZELENA JAMA 3 SLO A 4,20 1,60 3,60 3,40
B 7,60 6,15 5,90 8,30
Pen -0,70 -0,10
Score 11,800 7,050 9,400 11,700 39,950
38 RALUCA HAIDU CETATE DEVA ROM A 3,80 5,00 5,10
B 8,80 7,85 9,00
Pen
Score 12,600 0,000 12,850 14,100 39,550
39 SANDRA LUGINBUHL OSTSCHWEIZ SUI A 4,20 2,50 3,20 2,30
B 8,10 4,80 6,40 7,90
Pen -0,70
Score 12,300 6,600 9,600 10,200 38,700
40 ALMA LAUER ISRAEL 2 ISR A 4,00 5,60 3,90
B 8,75 6,35 7,85
Pen
Score 12,750 0,000 11,950 11,750 36,450
41 KIM KUHN OSTSCHWEIZ SUI A 2,40 1,40 3,10 2,30
B 8,25 5,40 6,50 7,35
Pen -0,70
Score 10,650 6,100 9,600 9,650 36,000
42 VEDRANA VEIC GK MARJAN SPLIT CRO A 4,20 3,30 4,00
B 8,55 6,50 6,95
Pen
Score 12,750 0,000 9,800 10,950 33,500
43 NOA EFRAT BEN MEIR ISRAEL 2 ISR A 4,20 5,20 4,50
B 7,80 5,30 7,05
Pen -0,80
Score 12,000 0,000 10,500 10,750 33,250
44 SHOCHONA MONSURATE OSTSCHWEIZ SUI A 2,40 1,10 2,40 2,10
B 8,20 0,75 5,85 6,75
Pen -0,60
Score 10,600 1,250 8,250 8,850 28,950
45 KAJA MLJAC ©D GIB ©I©KA SLO A 1,40 3,20 3,70
B 2,35 8,60 8,25
Pen -0,70
Score 0,000 3,050 11,800 11,950 26,800
46 DIANA TRENCA CETATE DEVA ROM A 3,80 5,60
B 8,65 7,05
Pen
Score 12,450 12,650 0,000 0,000 25,100
47 ALINE BERNAR FLGYM LUX A
B
Pen
Score 0,000 0,000 0,000 0,000 0,000

Tess_AN
25th May 2008, 00:47
Thank you TessW. Did Trenca have a fall on UB? it looks like... B=7.05 Claudia's executions look good. Thanks again for the news.

TessaW
25th May 2008, 12:45
Don't know, I have not been there. But it could be, as you said the B score is very low. Do you know she has been injured? And Haidu too?

crisloregym
25th May 2008, 12:53
We haven't heard of Raluca Haid being injured, But, Trenca, I remember she should have gone to Europeans (I hope I dont' remember things who aren't true) and she didn't go because of an injury. Thanks a lot for these results, Tessa:)

On the other hand, good news from Bacau. Irina finished first on vault, second on floor and third on uneven bars. Very, very good results for her, she got a medal in every event she competed+AA!!!!! Congrats, Irina!!!!

Tess_AN
25th May 2008, 17:39
The number total of the medals Irina won at Nationals is:4. In the attached picture she wears only two of them!
Many thanks to Amalia for taken pictures. More on Competitii Junioare 2008 thread.

MartinaE
26th May 2008, 00:59
Awww that`s such a lovely photo! :)

Do you know if Romania is sending anyone to Moscow for the WorldCup? As I did not hear anything yet I guess not - but I thought I`d still ask.....
Sport Planeta will show the competition!!! Finally!!! :) I already thought they stopped broadcasting the World Cups.....;) I will make sure to set my DVD recorder! :)

Tess_AN
26th May 2008, 01:33
After Cottbus, Forminte said for Prosport that no Romanian girls will compete in World Cup before OG.
Also this coming weekend is Romanian-England meet at Constanta. I don’t know about men if any one will go.
I hope you’ll share the vids with us! Thank you in advance.

Tess_AN
26th May 2008, 03:09
Many thanks to Mihaela for the results of Romanian Junior Cat. IV Nationals (Bacau, May 24-25, 2008.

All Around Cat. IV, level 2:
1.Andreea Georgescu-Dinamo-55.375
2.Catinca Tarziu - Farul Constanta - 55.350
3.Irina Paun - Steaua - 54.650
4.Bianca Ciobanu - Petrolul Ploiesti - 54.150
5.Codrina Hriscu - Bacau - 54.100
5.Georgiana Stanciulescu - Cetate Deva - 54.100
7.Andreea Ion - Farul Constanta - 54.050
7.Bianca Badea - Bacau - 54.050

Vault:
1.Irina Paun - Steaua
2.Ioana Badea - Timisoara
3.Bianca Badea - Bacau
3.Codrina Hriscu - Bacau

Uneven Bras:
1.Andreea Georgescu - Dinamo
2.Catinca Tarziu - Farul Constanta
3.Irina Paun - Steaua
3.Raluca Manea - Petrolul Ploiesti

Balance Beam:
1.Andreea Georgescu- Dinamo
2.Catinca Tarziu - Farul Constanta
3.Georgiana Stanciulescu - Deva
3.Dora Vulcan - Focsani

Floor:
1.Ioana Badea - Timisoara
2.Irina Paun - Steaua
3.Raluca Manea - Petrolul Ploiesti
3.Andreea Georgescu - Dinamo
3.Bianca Badea - Bacau
3.Georgiana Stanciulescu – Deva

Teams:
1.Farul Constanta
2.Dinamo Bucuresti
3.SCM Bacau

Also, in Ziarul de Bacau are the results for level1:
http://www.ziaruldebacau.ro/ziarul/2008/05/26/scm-bacau-a-luat-bronz-la-nationale.html
Postolache sisters on AA level 1: rank 28 (Malina), 33 (Irina) and 37 (Ana).

Ioana Badea of Timisoara ( 4 gold and 1 silver at DCMT Cup) had a bad first day on UB and BB but she was qualified on VT final finishing second and FX where she finished first (as you could see above results).

Once again, Congratulation to Irina, our hero of the day!

Sri Ea
28th May 2008, 18:53
Anyone of you going to Constanta this weekend?
It would be great if we could have some insiders info about the girls shape/status/upgrades.
And hopefully, you'll spot Alex Ghita and deny all the doubts about her being out of contention for the Games!

ioanavol
28th May 2008, 21:08
I don't know if anybody here is from Constanta or surroundings...I'm surely not:P
If there is, I would also love to see pictures and hear stories.

EDIT: Catalin (cata10) just said on Diverse2008 that he might go;) Can't wait to hear/see/read what he brings us when he comes back:)

mikeyy
29th May 2008, 23:54
Yes, Cata will go Saturday in Constanta! We will have fresh news, photos and videos!!!!!

Sri Ea
30th May 2008, 08:36
Wow, great! I can't wait for fresh news!!!

shagya
30th May 2008, 17:26
Hello
I´am too here :-)

mikeyy
30th May 2008, 17:29
Hello Shagya :ok:
We are happy that you joined us

Tess_AN
30th May 2008, 18:02
Welcome Shagya! Nice to have you with us!

ioanavol
30th May 2008, 18:18
Hi Shagya!:) WELCOME on our forum!!

Tess_AN
30th May 2008, 19:41
From Prosport:
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/gimnastica/gimnastele-vor-sa-impresioneze-la-constanta-2674210

Forminte announced Romanian team for Constanta meet with GB: Izbasa, Nistor, Dragoi, Druncea, Acatrinei, Grigore. For the future, it is possible that Madalina Gutu to make the team. She needs to gain confidence and clean routines – Forminte said.

Forminte talks about the others gymnasts: Lacusteanu has minimal chances to be at OG, she is not competitive yet. They don’t want to force her, they don’t want to take any risk. Stanculescu did not upgrade much. Patrascu is still a hope but she (Cerasela) must recover more than one apparatus for Beijing, the team contest it is the most important one. If she (Cerasela) does her UB routine including the landing that means she can do BB and VT. We can do nothing than hope she will have the power to come back. Forminte said.

crisloregym
30th May 2008, 23:15
Welcome, Shagya. It's soo nice seeing you are here, with us, in this beautiful team:)

Thanks, a lot, Tess_An for the translation. There is something I don't understand: some weeks ago, they were so sure Lacusteanu will be in the team, but now they are so sure she won't ...it's a little bit strange, there still are 2 months to get ready...but we will see...I have the feeling (I HOPE) this is a trick.

Sri Ea
31st May 2008, 07:14
Thanks a lot for the translation, Tess_AN!
Needless to say, I'm terribly disappointed about Stanculescu's current status! I have followed her for the past 4 years and seen her battling injuries with the hope that she would win finally a ticket to the Olympics to bless us with her gorgeous artistry. but these few words about her have almost killed any hope.

Like you cris, I was still happy that just a few days ago, Forminte was stating that all the girls had their chances and all of a sudden, things are getting so narrowed. I don't think it is a trick though, i think some internal tests must have happened to rank the girls and now Forminte really needs to check in public and with the competition atmosphere the most serious contenders who are the 7 girls mentioned.

Oh... and my heart has to break another time as it seems that it is definitely over for another one of my long time favourites: Alexandra Ghita.:(

crisloregym
31st May 2008, 09:48
Yes, somehow I wanted Stanculescu in that team, it's such a pity she isn't a solution anymore. As for Alex Ghita, I also liked her a lot, she was sooo cute in 2006, at the Europeans and even after. It's true she had some problems with FX, but, anyhow, I just hoped she would be there training for the next years (as I was pretty sure she wouldn't be in the olympic team). I'm so curious seeing how the girls will present themselves today:D

mikeyy
31st May 2008, 16:38
First information from Constanta
The competition will start at 5 PM, there are 7 gymnasts from Romania and 10 from UK. At this moment they have the warm-up session.
After 5 PM he will call me on the phone again and will give me more news. :ok:

TessaW
31st May 2008, 20:22
There should also be one gymnast from the Netherlands: Marrit Ewald (2007 world team member, after that she has been injured). That was said on our federation site. Is she there? And how did she do?

mikeyy
31st May 2008, 20:31
I don`t know yet many information...I am waiting Cata to call me....and i will ask him about Marrit too:ok:

mikeyy
31st May 2008, 21:38
I talked with Cata :)
There were 3 teams: Romania, UK and a mixt one ( Andreea Grigore, the one from Netherlands, and 4 gymnasts from Uk)
Stela Nistor had a good competition..she had only a problem at BB with the dismount ( the same that she had at Stuttgart). She had a good FX routine..she got 15.200.
Sandra Izbasa missed her dismount at UB and also at floor she stepped out 2 times.
Ana Maria Tamarjan had a great competition like she had in France at EC
The surprise came from Andreea Acatrinei who had a beautiful BB routine..she got 15.600
Dana Druncea had an easy vault..she got 13+ and at floor she presented a nice routine = 14.700
Gabi Dragoi had some woobles..not a good competition for her
Andreea Grigore was the same like last year....she had a good bb routine.

Beth Tweddle was very good on UB and FX :) The gymnast from Netherlands had a nice competiion, she was in a good shape
Tomorrow Cata will be back home and he will tell us more..he recorded almost the entire competition.

Sri Ea
31st May 2008, 21:51
Thanks to both of you for the great report and translation!
A bit disappointed about Druncea competing an easy vault... maybe Acatrinei's 1.5 could be more useful to the team at the moment and maybe more if she upgrades it.
Anyway it seems that things are still open at this point...

mikeyy
31st May 2008, 21:54
This is all that he told me..tomorrow he will tell us more..and the most important thing is that we will have videos.
I am a bit worried about Sandra with her UB routine...

crisloregym
31st May 2008, 22:35
I'm very curious to see if 15.200 was Stela's score on floor or Tamarjan's or both's

mikeyy
31st May 2008, 22:41
Catalin said that Ana scored 15.200 and Stela 15+ ( but don`t know exactly)

TessaW
1st June 2008, 01:43
Thank you! about Sandra: she also missed her UB dismount in France (dual meet). That is not good. Thanks for the info on Marrit. Good that she is competing again. Hope to see her next week at semi finals for the dutch championships. Too bad Druncea had an easy vault. Also on floor she does not seem necesary anymore, with Anamaria and Stela scoring over 15. Maybe Acatrinei is a better choice indeed, or Stanculescu. If only Cerasela would be able to vault...
Then it could be: Sandra, Stela, Anamaria, Gabriela: AA, Cerasela: UB+VT, Alina: BB+FX. Or Alina should learn a great vault....

shagya
1st June 2008, 10:29
I am very curious whether sandra her ub has improved. She tells since 2 years she wants to improve her ub. :( I don´t understand it. She know only a good score on beam and floor she never win a medal in the allaround competition. All girl´s have in the last year improved on ub. I hope we will see a vid. Maybe she needs a new dismount?

ioanavol
1st June 2008, 10:58
I think Sandra would have improved her UB routine already from last year, if she hadn't been injured...remember that in Stuttgart she could barely do her exercises from the Europeans, no progress in that at all.
On the other hand, the floor routine she showed this year at the Europeans is more than half a point over the one in Stuttgart, which makes me really hope that, being healthy, she also managed to improve her UB significantly (but she didn't practise it enough).
I don't know for sure, we'll wait for the movies of Catalin, but these are my hopes...

mikeyy
1st June 2008, 11:19
Maybe she had improved her UB...but the dismount is the problem.

ioanavol
1st June 2008, 11:20
yes, but the dismount is a part of practising the routine many, many times...that's what I was referring to.
if the routine worths over 15p, I wouldn't worry so much about the dismount, I am sure she can get it right until August.

ancaqwe
1st June 2008, 13:34
From crisloregym and yana : here're some news:
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/gimnastica/campioanele-europene-au-invins-marea-britanie-2677694

Forminte was satisfied - only 3 falls (2 UB, 1 BB), all on new elements.
Ana-Maria had a very good competition - nailed all her new elements

In another article http://www.gsp.ro/stire/romania-a-invins-marea-britanie-80287.html
they said the highest marks are Beth's UB - 16.450, than Sandra BB 15.650, Stela BB 15.600 and Stela UB - 15.500 (and Catalin said Acatrinei also got a 15.600 on BB)
Those marks don't seem that good to me...

So - on UB - 2 falls on new elements - one should be Izbasa's dismount - did she change it?

Both Izbasa an Nistor executed a new element on FX which will increase their start value by 0.2. I guess they did not present their final +0.2 exercises, as Izbasa scored less than 15.5 and Forminte was satisfied (even with OOB she should have scored more).

ROMÂNIA - 238,600
VT 58,600
UB 58,100
BB 61,950
FX 59,950

crisloregym
1st June 2008, 13:41
Thanks, Anca, for translating it:)

ioanavol
1st June 2008, 14:28
we are waiting for the movies now......;)

Sri Ea
1st June 2008, 14:35
Wow! Ana maria has a new vault! She could almost challenge for AA then...
And i can't wait to see the rest of the upgrades!!!

ioanavol
1st June 2008, 15:07
did you see her vault on the other thread, SriEa? it's strange, your post appear to be before the time when Mihai (mikeyy) posted the video:P

Anyway, for those who don't understand so much Romanian as SriEa, here it is (thanks again Cata and Mihai for uploading it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUHn2fk9Eo

mikeyy
1st June 2008, 15:09
Yes..this is the first video...but Cata doesn`t remember who is the gymnast...I guess it is Ana Maria......what do you think SriEA?

Sri Ea
1st June 2008, 16:47
Well, i had read in the article that Ana maria had a new vault before I knew that some vids were being uploaded! So many thanks to catalin for them!
I am mouse-less today which makes it very uneasy for me to write or to play the video several times.
but from what i have seen, first vid seems to be dragoi to me (it is a FTY, right? so it should be a girl with low A score) while the vid named tamarjan if my eyes don't deceive me appears to be a DTY! (Wow! What an unexpected upgrade for her... where will she stop???)

mikeyy
1st June 2008, 17:26
Yes...I think that Ana has a DTY ..and Vlad said that too on the thread "Concurs Constanta 2008".
With a DTY, Ana has the chance to become the 2nd all-arounder from the romanian team...as long as Sandra Izbasa doesn`t have a good UB routine.

Sri Ea
1st June 2008, 19:10
Nice upgrades from the vids I have seen.
Wow...i don't remember that steliana was connecting her turn with leg at horizontal to the front aerial to scale on BB: nice combo!
Ana Maria is gorgeous on beam, i hope she'll get her new element (the punch front in pike position) consistent soon!
Indeed , she could become a AA threat but she still needs upgrades on bars.
Not impressed at all by Gabriela Dragoi compared to her past performances. was the full on beam a false rumour then?
well at least Sandra upgraded her bars to 2 releases again... we know she has never been consistent on her dismount anyway but she has always had a fierce spirit during the important competitions!... so who knows?

ioanavol
1st June 2008, 19:25
for those who are interested in the videos from the ROM-GBR meet in Constanta, pls look for the user "fangymnastics" on youtube.

ioanavol
1st June 2008, 19:28
I have a question not related to the meet in Constanta, but to the Dutch Nationals on 21st/22nd June...Are you going, Nicole and Tessa? I was also thinking to go, at least for the event finals, maybe we meet there:)
I am very curious to see who is going to make it to the Olympics, but also to see the Russian girls, whom I understood that also participate.

MartinaE
1st June 2008, 19:39
Thank you all so much for all the great information on the meet in Constanta! :) Sure the girls are not at their peak just yet......I hope Mr. Forminte can get them to be at their peak right in Beijing!
Hmmm after reading through the information Stela, Sandra and AnaMaria are locks definately. And it seems things are not looking bad for Acatrinei either. Personally I am pleased to read, that also Gutu may still have a chance to make the team - I somehow really like her!!
Though I am sorry to hear Lacusteanu can`t make it back in time and things are also very questionable for Cerasela.
Boy if they were available it would be a really great team actually!! But I hope they can also do very well anyway. :)

TessaW
2nd June 2008, 16:11
Ioana, I am definately going to Nationals in Amsterdam. I already ordered my tickets. You can do that here: http://www.nkturnen.nl/
The website also has some info. The Russian team is coming with 8 girls, and also Ariella Kaeslin will be there. I would love to meet you.
Program:
Saturday 21 June:
10-12.30: AA Youth and Juniors WAG
13-16.30: AA Youth, Jnrs & seniors MAG
17-19.30: AA seniors & foreign competitors WAG

Sunday 22 June:
9-13: EF Youth & juniors WAG & Youth and juniors I MAG
13.30-17.30: EF Seniors + foreign competitors WAG & seniors and juniors II MAG

I think it will be quite exciting, especially now the Russians are coming. They stated that it will be an important competition for them in the selection process of their olympic team. Out of this 10, 8 will compete: Ksenia Semenova, Anna Pavlova, Karina Myasnikova, Ksenia Afanaseva, Svetlana Klyukina, Ekaterina Kramarenko, Yulia Lozhechko, Kristina Pravdina, Kristina Goryunova and Anna Myzdrikova.

Tess_AN
2nd June 2008, 16:19
Thank you TessaW for info. It looks like a excited competition. Ioana, I hope you can go too! I'm looking forward for your coments and pictures. If you can get Pav's fx and vt and Semenova bars taped it will be great! I would like to see Myzdrikova as well... and list can go on! :)

ioanavol
2nd June 2008, 19:27
Thanks also for the info, Tessa. When you have time, maybe you could also tell us shortly what is the status in the Dutch team, who is fighting for a place at the Olympics, who stands no chance...I would love to know more and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I have also ordered my ticket, so I guess I'm going:) I don't know yet whether to the whole competitions or only to see the seniors...I'll see how much time I have, taking into account that on 25th I'm leaving to Romania for our Nationals;)

It would be great to meet! I'll send you a PM one of these days.

crisloregym
2nd June 2008, 23:50
WOW, Ioana, you'll make a great slalom to all these competitions:D From Netherlands+Russia to Romania and our girls!!! Yay!!!!

As Tess said, I'm also looking forward to your reports:D. Tess, it seems I will lose my title of journalist...I have great competition here:D

ioanavol
3rd June 2008, 00:39
Don't worry, Cris, you'll get your role back at the Nationals...especially if the others will be busy with making photos/videos;)

TessaW
5th June 2008, 16:05
The status of the Dutch team at the moment... Well, it is a mess.
I don't know if you heard about the crisis during the european championships? Verona van de Leur was pulled out of beam, did not like that, complained about it in the press, federation did not like it, etc. The problem is the power that her coach Ester Heijnen has in the dutch federation. Time after time qualification procedures are changed to give (mostly Esters gymnasts) an extra chance, as was the fact with Verona. She screwed up at trials, but was given an extra chance and kicked Tahnee Masela out of the team.

Anyway, after euros some former gymnasts of Ester Heijnen (and Boris Orlov) complained about her in the press. She would have (mentally) abused the gymnasts, from a very young age onwards, until the moment they were afraid to talk to their parents about it. They were called names, put on a weighing scale 4 times a day and when they did not loose weight during training they were punished. The girls did not even dare to drink water. If they did not please Ester, they were ignored, shouted at, called fat cows etc. Some of the girls said she caused anorexia. There was to be a trial suit, but in the end it was settled between the parties. The Hazenkamp club fired her, Boris Orlov also quit there and now the gymnasts are temporarily training at another club until nationals (FLik flak Den Bosch). However Suzanne Harmes, Anne Tritten and junior Kendra Pennings, changed gyms and are now competing officially for Heerenveen, but are still training in Den Bosch with Heijnen and Orlov. Verona did not change clubs officially and will still represent Hazenkamp.

Meanwhile Fieke Willems (who actually got it all started because she dared to speak up about Heijnen behaviour) trains with Frank Louter now in Zoetermeer (first coach of Verona and Suzanne), but still represents Hazenkamp. Also Lichelle WOng left Frank Louter after europeans and is now training in Heerenveen because she needed a change and the 'chemics' between her and Frank did not work anymore. In other words: she is an adult now and somehow Frank and older gymnasts do not match. This is also why Suzanne and Verona left years ago.

As you see, it is a mess. Regarding the Olympic spot, Suzanne Harmes is until now the only one who reached an Olympic limit (set up by the Dutch Olympic Committee), The limits are:
VT: 14.444 (2 vt's of course)
UB: 15.238
BB: 15.250
FX: 14.600
AA: 58.450

Suzanne got a 14.75 on floor at europeans. Sanne Wevers has been close to the beamscore on her attempts during several world cups, and Lichelle was close on beam and bars in Moscow. There will still be a chance in Barcelona this weekend, and at national championships. That is why it was so important to get good foreign competitors (and judges) so the competition would count for the Olympic committee. I hope there will be some more gymnasts who reach the limit. Then the one who has the highest on a reference list will go. Of course this can all still change, because selection procedures are always messy here, and Esther Heijnen has lots of influence. She wants one of her own gymnasts to go.

Maybe Fieke Willems has a chance on vault, and Verona was close on the floor score in Clermont Ferrand, but after that she went on holiday to clear her mind, she thought about retiring, etc. So who knows where she stands?

This became a long story, sorry, but it is really messy here. I hope to see how the girls are looking next sunday, when there will be team nationals and semifinals for individual nationals. However not everyone will be there I guess.

On another note, 28/29 june there will be an international competition in Deventer (FAME/SVOD OPen). For Sri Ea: Egypt will also compete. Unfortunately I wont be able to go on Saturday (AA/team), but maybe on Sunday I go (only EF's, so I don't know whether any Egyptians will qualify). Otherwise, DUtchfan probably goes on Saturday too, and he usually films a lot. Romania does not participate, but Jordan, Malta, Hungary, Slovenia, Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic, Ireland, Sweden, egypt and Holland will. I thought you might be interested (especially Sri Ea)

crisloregym
5th June 2008, 17:42
Yes, Romania cannot participate indeed, as during the 27-29th of June we have Nationals:D

Thanks for those details. I have found about this scandal during th Europeans but I had absolutelly no idea things were so bad:( Verona van de Leur will be, however, the most successful gymnast from the Dutch team. I really liked her:) On the other hand, I believe Dutch gymnastics has a bright future with those wonderful juniors you had at these Europeans;)

ioanavol
5th June 2008, 17:57
Thank you very much for the story, Tess. I also knew sth about the scandal, but i tended to take Verona's part, because I also like her. But, i admit, I didn't know the full story.
Suzanne Harmes I also admire 'cause she managed to come back so well after giving birth (I hope I'm not wrong?).
And yes, you have good juniors, whom are also a lot more "a team" I understood, they train together and are friends (I hope it's not only an appearance). If they continue to get along well I'm sure they will have a much better chance for the 2012 OG.
Who is your favourite from the present team, Tess?
And...when are you planning to go to the Nationals? Both days or only on Sunday (I understood Yuri will only compete on Sunday?)

Thank you also for the news about the competition. I won't be there, but I would like to see videos also with the other teams, especially with the Egyptian team, maybe SriEa could tell us sth about them? Now that we have you here you see, we are trying to get advantage of you:D

TessaW
6th June 2008, 14:29
Yes our junior team seems to have a lot of promiss. However, our previous junior team did too, but now they are seniors and then all the problems start. Injuries, but also the interests become much bigger (qualification for worlds and olympics). So the friendships somehow turn into rivalry. Not all of course, but some. The coaches also play a big part in that. Because we have all different clubs and no central trainingcentre, it never becomes a real team. The juniorteam indeed seems better in that way. They also have trainingcamps together, like in spring in the US, and before Clermont. I hope they continue doing this when they are seniors, because it really helps the teamspirit. I am affraid though, that the interests (of the coaches, and the clubs, if a club has someone on the national team, the club get extra money from the federation) become too big then. They do seem friends, sometimes have sleepovers with each other, went to an attractionpark and the movies together, so that is great.

My current favourite: I always liked Verona, but recently not that much anymore. I admire Suzanne for coming back after her pregnency (you were right Ioana) but I never liked her gymnastics. I like Lichelle wong on bars and beam, nice lines, but she is very inconsistent. I like Sanne Wevers on beam, nice lines and a great routine. So I do not have a favourite Dutch senior right now.

I do have a few juniors:
first of all Marlies Rijken, she is a gorgeous gymnast from Frank Louter. Great on beam, beautiful lines, standing arabian, but still inconsistent. I believe she has a 6.6 A score in beam. She is finally managing to do bars as well. She struggled for years with it, but now it comes together. On floor she has a lovely double arabian, nice and clean lines and a very nice choreo. Really something to watch at nationals, even though she sometimes runs out of energy at the end. She is weak on vault.

I also like Vera van Pol. She can do a double double on floor, a full in, an arabian, triple twist, working on a piked arabian, really amazing. However no choreo. She is weak on bars, bad lines, but she is improving and has a nice full in dismount. On beam she works sloppy. Hope she works on that. Nice yourchenko full vault.

Celine van Gerner is also great, as is Yvette Moshage, who is very clean in everything she does. A sentimental favourite is Natasja Blind. She has gone through so much the last years, first she had to change gyms because her coach was arrested, then again because the gym was closing, and recently her teammate and best friend Imke Glas was paralyzed, when training vault and Natasja was right beside her. Thank god Imke is alright, miracally recovered. Natasja is very good on bars, and I was really happy she won a bronze at europeans there.

To answer your question: I am going to both days of nationals. And you?

ioanavol
6th June 2008, 15:01
thank you for the info, Tessa:) You made me really interested in these gymnasts, I'll have a look at their exercises on youtube to get more familiar with them.
I also knew about the tragedy of Imke...I am so glad she's recovering, although from her site I understood she still has some serious emotional trauma...understandable after what she's been through.

I am also going both days, probably Sunday the whole day and saturday evening for sure...but now, that you told me about the juniors, I am very tempted to go on the Saturday morning also. I also want to take pictures, I have a new camera, not very great (lenses are not so good), but I would really like to see if I manage to take decent "moving" pictures;)

Tess_AN
6th June 2008, 20:32
Thank you Tessa for the info about Dutch girls. I knew only about juniors and Imke…

Anyone here interested on US Nationals? I’ve been impressed by Memmel come back… If she manages a good vault Liukin has a competitor for AA finals at OG.

TessaW
10th June 2008, 13:59
Can anyone please sum up what has been said in the junior competition thread about the junior team nationals for girls? I try to understand Romanian and I do understand some parts, but not all. Thanks very much!

ioanavol
10th June 2008, 14:44
Hi Tess, I'll try to summarize fast and to detail more in the evening.

This is a competition counting for the team ranking and it's qualification for the Nationals in fall. Then we'll see AA and event finals.
The first 36 gymnasts from each category (I, II and III) qualify for the Nationals, but I assume at category I all will qualify, they were only 15, compared to 48 at category III.
IrinaP and cata10 were there yesterday, when category I and III competed.
Today category II will compete.

Here there are the results from yesterday:

Category III
1.Farul Constanta
2.Deva - echipa a II-a
3.Steaua

Category I
1.Deva
2.Steaua
3.CSS 2 Bucuresti

the ranking for category III was:
1.Larisa Iordache-1996
2.Andreea Tufa-1996
2.Geogiana Gheorghe-1996
4.Cristina Stefan-1996
5.Bianca Prunisoara-1996
6.Anca Corlaciu-1996
7.Oana Stefanache-1996
8.Maria Balea-1996
9.Stefania Barbu-1997
10.Ana Maria Crisan-1997
11.Melania Jurchita-1997
12.Andreea Rimniceanu-1996

(Larisa Iordache you can find on youtube, is a great junior, one of our hopes for OG 2012)

Mihaela (IrinaP) told us also sth about the participants at category I (also juniors who went to the Europeans):
Amelia Racea, Claudia Voicu, Raluca Haidu, Loredana Sabau, Florina Dan, Rodica Iurea

Unfortunately we don't have all the results. But Cata told us a bit about the juniors category I, that they were great on beam (15,500, 15, 750 and he thinks also a 15, 800) and good on floor (highest was 14.700 of Amelia Racea). On UB and VT, though, we are still weak, with grades of 13-14.
Diana Chelaru did not participate (maybe still injured??) and Ana Porgras maybe participated, but he wasn't sure about that.

That's about it...we are looking forward to the results of category II from today (cata10 is there, noting down what's happening:))

thanks a lot Mihaela and Catalin for going there and keeping us posted!!

TessaW
10th June 2008, 17:01
Thanks Ioana! (and Mihaela and Catalin for the original info). I keep hoping the federation put the results on the website, like they did last year. Unfortunately they did not do that yet for Cat IV nationals, so I have kind of given up for these too... I even send them an e-mail through the contact form, but they never even responded.

Will Andreea Tufa be invited for the national junior team now she performed so well. Last year she was ranked around 10th Cat III, this year she really improved (ranking wise, I obviously have not seen her perform)

TessaW
10th June 2008, 17:36
Elena Chiric competed last weekend at the gymnastics festival in Trnava (Slovakia). She won the AA with 55.250 (13.700, 12.600, 14,200, 14.750). Other competitors came from Slovakia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Germany, Hungary and Poland.

Full AA results
http://www.gymnasticsresults.com/2008/svk/gymfestintaa.pdf

In EF's, Elena placed 6th on bars (12.55), 5th on beam (12.55) and first on floor (14.35)

I really like it she continues with gymnastics, even though she probably won't make a major team anymore.

ioanavol
10th June 2008, 22:31
Thanks a lot, Tessa:)
I'm also glad she continues with it, I really did not know about that...I hope there will be some videos soon, I would really like to see her.

TessaW
12th June 2008, 11:59
Is there already anything known about Cat II at the recent junior team nationals? And do you know who will compete for Romania in Great Britain this weekend?
Thanks!

ioanavol
12th June 2008, 22:58
Sorry, Tessa, we don't know anything. If we knew we would have written also here:)

mikeyy
16th June 2008, 21:57
The competition`s schedule:

Thursday - 26.06.2008
-training session ( women, men)

Friday - 27.06.2008
- warm-up session men (2:00 PM)
- men`s team competition (3:00 PM)
- warm-up session women (5:30 PM)
- women`s team competition (6.30 PM)

Saturday - 28.06.2008
- warm-up session men (1:00 PM)
- men`s AA competition (2:00 PM)
- warm-up session women (5:00 PM)
- women`s AA competition (6:00 PM)

Sunday - 29.06.2008
- warm-up session junior-hopes (9:00 AM)
- EF - junior hopes (10:00 AM)
- warm-up session men and women (2:00 PM)
- EF competition men and women (3:00 PM)

MartinaE
17th June 2008, 00:41
Mikeyy - thanks a lot for the timetable and shedule! :) It helps me a big deal looking out for it on the TV channels I am getting. :)

Also Tessa - thanks so much for keeping us up to date on the situation in The Netherlands!! I`ve read about it before and it`s just so sad to see this happen. It really takes all the focus off of the sport unfortunately. :(

I did not manage to go online here for some time now, so what do you all think about the dual meet in Great Britain from this past weekend? What do you think where the Romanian team is standing now?

mikeyy
17th June 2008, 00:55
You`re welcome Martina.
If I know something about the Tv schedule I will let you know...but I think that TVR2 will broadcast the competition

Well, about the dual meet..I can say that I am a bit disappointed :( ..there were to many mistakes. Saturaday I was really shocked after that all the girls missed their exercises. But I was very glad for Stela....i heard that she was amazing on bars..and she scored a great mark= 16500:)
But overall it wasn`t such a good competition. What is your oppinion?

MartinaE
19th June 2008, 01:04
Well, sadly the only channel I am able to watch is TVRi, so I must set my hope on them showing at least a bit also. In the last couple of years I have been lucky with that, so fingers crossed. ;)
I have seen the videos from the final on Sunday (from the dual meet) tonight, and well yes, there were mistakes, but it could be worse. As far as I could see the girls are pretty decent on vault apart from a couple form issues. I did not see Stela or Sandra on this event though. Stela`s bars was great - high flight elements, and her pack salto looked much better this time, too. And she stuck her dismount cold. On beam there were some wobbles, but only Acatrinei fell twice - maybe she was nervous. Floor was nice. Stela`s routine is kind of growing on me now. She competed the double twist instead of the 2,5 on Sunday though cause she fell on the 2,5 on Saturday. Sandra`s floor was very nice though she can still improve on the landing of her Tsukahara in the first pass.
I sure hope the team will be fine in Beijing.

And it`s only 3 weeks and 2 days until the tri-meet here in Germany. I am really looking forward to that and hope to get a good impression on the girls there. I wonder if they will send the exact same team or maybe change some of the girls and eventually give Gutu a chance to compete....

Sri Ea
21st June 2008, 13:26
Thanks Tes about the information for the egyptian girls competing... Since both Seniors Rawan Tarek and Heba Mostafa will compete at the same time at Romanian Internationals, I guess the team that will compete at SVOD will be Juniors... hopefully Farida Shoukry, Sandy Effat and Israa Afifi will be among them.
Ioana I have some videos of the Egyptian girls on my site.
http://www.freewebs.com/egyptgymvids/index.htm
http://www.freewebs.com/intermeets2/2007civitavecchiameet.htm
http://www.freewebs.com/intermeets2/2007panarabgames.htm
My favorites are: Israa Afifi and Rawan Tarek (for sorrow, she suffered an ACL torn like Aluissa one year and half ago and hasn't recovered her previous shape especially because of growing and hitting puberty when she had to take this forced break) I also love very much Salma Mahmoud -although she's very inconsistent and can fall up to 6 times per routine-, Norhan Saad, Sandy Effat and Farida Shoukry.

As for the Rom vs Gbr meet in Ipswich, I had a very positive impression of Steliana. Besides the upgrades, she has cleaned up a lot her gymnastics which most gymnasts are unable to do when they reach a certain high level.
I'm really getting fond of her gym now when before I was only fond of her talent ...and the fact that she's Romanian, of course! ;)
I also appreciated very much Andreea Acatrinei on BB and FX... I wish she can make the O Team... But her VT needs badly some proper technique, i have rarely seen such bad form on a Y1.5. I think it was better before (except for the flexed feet that she already had anyway)
I was somehow disappointed by Sandra Izbasa's performances (she doesn't look in top shape) but I know that Sandra is a tremendous competitor who could rise from her own ashes if she needed to so frankly I won't allow myself to be worried before Beijing. Maybe it is a good sign that she's not peaking yet.
Also disappointed by Gabriela Dragoi's routines who seems to be recovering from injuries (again!) as she's downgraded most of her events.
I can't speak about Andreea Grigore, I had found her wonderful last year in Spain and in Italy as I love her form generally -even with the mistakes- but she rarely hits when it counts so.... what could I say?
As for Dana Druncea, well, I'm not fan of her gymnastics but she seems to have improved on her DTY form-wise (not the preflight which is still terrible but the rest is not as tucked as before and you can say now that at least she has definitely more a laid out form than tucked.)

ioanavol
22nd June 2008, 02:51
Thank you very much, SriEa, especially for the info about the Egyptian girls. I am going to watch your videos...I find it quite interesting to get familiar with gymnastics from other countries:)

ioanavol
23rd June 2008, 00:30
Tessa, it was really nice to meet you this weekend at the Dutch Nationals:) When and if you have time, maybe you can give your impression on the competition? I noticed you know far more than me about elements, code of points etc.