PDA

View Full Version : Campionii lumii in 2007

luma
18th December 2007, 15:08
ITF i-a desemnat pe Roger Federer si Justine Henin campionii mondiali ai anului 2007. Este al patrulea an consecutiv in care Roger Federer primeste distinctia si a treia oara pentru Henin.

"The ITF announced today that Roger Federer (SUI) and Justine Henin (BEL) are the 2007 ITF World Champions. This is the fourth year running Federer has received this honour, and the third time overall for Henin.

Federer becomes only the second player to be named Men’s World Champion for four consecutive years, following Pete Sampras. The 26-year-old reached all four Grand Slam finals for the second successive year, again capturing three titles, the Australian Open, Wimbledon and US Open. He also won the season-ending Tennis Masters Cup, and became the first player to earn over $10 million in annual prize money.

Federer said: "It is an honour to be named ITF World Champion for the fourth year running. Each year brings new challenges, and I am proud that I have been able to raise the level of my game when needed. It gives me great satisfaction to have won another three Grand Slam titles and maintained the number one ranking."

Henin becomes Women’s World Champion for the second year running, having also received the honour in 2003. The 25-year-old won two Grand Slam titles, Roland Garros and US Open, and went on to triumph at the season-ending championships. She captured a career-best 10 titles for the year, boasting a 63-4 win-loss record, and became the first woman to earn more than $5 million in a single year.

Henin said: "This has definitely been the best season of my career so far and I am delighted to be named ITF World Champion once again. It has been a very challenging year overall, but I have stayed positive and proved that nothing is impossible if you work hard. I still think my best tennis is yet to come."

The ITF’s selection of its World Champions is based on an objective system that considers not only performances at the Grand Slams, on the respective tours and at the season-ending events, but also gives weight to performances in the two ITF international team competitions, Davis Cup by BNP Paribas and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas.

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: “Roger Federer and Justine Henin both enjoyed outstanding seasons to maintain their status as the world’s number one players. In particular their record in Grand Slam events saw them emerge as the clear choices for ITF World Champions.”

The ITF also announced that Bob and Mike Bryan (USA), and Cara Black (ZIM) and Liezel Huber (USA) are the 2007 ITF Doubles World Champions.

The Bryans are Men’s Doubles World Champions for a record fifth successive year. The pairing won a career-high 11 titles during 2007, including the Australian Open, and were runners-up at Wimbledon. They were also unbeaten for the USA team that won the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas for the first time since 1995.

Black and Huber are Women’s Doubles Champions for the first time in their first complete season together."

http://www.itftennis.com/abouttheitf/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=18222

Sorin Blaj
18th December 2007, 15:16
Cei doi au castigat pe merit. :ok:

luma
18th December 2007, 15:17
Remarcabila si performanta fratilor Bryan. :)

Cipri
18th December 2007, 16:19
Corect :D
Si la anul tot asa va fi ... Fed&Henin :ok:

raulmad
18th December 2007, 16:56

CORECT.
Sunt cei mai buni.

Sorin Blaj
18th December 2007, 17:56
Corect :D
Si la anul tot asa va fi ... Fed&Henin :ok:

Sper ca nu. Mi-as dori ca Nadal sa ii ia locul lui Federer. :)

iuli
18th December 2007, 18:41
Sper ca nu. Mi-as dori ca Nadal sa ii ia locul lui Federer. :)

Si eu as vrea sa am 1.000.000 $ in banca dar deh, nu am...asa si cu Nadal :rolleyes: :mda:

Kooler
18th December 2007, 19:50
Sper ca Federer sa rugineasca odata, si Nadal sa fie in sfarsit in lumina reflectoarelor(daca e in stare). La feminin sunt mai multe care pot fi campioane la anul, depinde de ele si de Henin daca va mentine acest ritm alert.