Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *******? Bucuresti

incepator
    Reputatie

*******? Bucuresti

hi romanians!!! I am Tottenham Hotspur fan from the UK coming to live in Bucuresti, City Of Dreams in 2004, i have started thinking about which Bucuresti team i will be going to see playing each week, i don't know much about romanian football (except u always seem to beat England when we play grrrrrrr) i think i read somewhere that 1 team was the government team before 1989, 1 team was the club started by the railway workers, and another was the "peoples team"???
    i like teams that play attacking football and i would rather my team draw 4-4 than win 1-0 every week, u know what i mean? i don't really care if the team gets to play in the european champions league, but it will be nice to follow the team around romania when it plays the other teams as it will be a good way to see something of romania than just being in Bucuresti all the time! any Dinamo/Rapid/Steaua supporters got any advice why i should support your team?
    thanks for reading this and good luck for your team this season! (tough luck for Steaua i wanted you guys to beat Liverpool sooooooooo damn bad!)
    cyaaaaaaaaaa RumBucuresti

sport legend
    Reputatie
    I really don't understand why you wanna come and live in Bucharest. :O Anyway....thats your choice... Regarding wich club to support...Hmmm. It's tough. The top three Bucharest clubs (Steaua, Dinamo & Rapid) are quite close in the league and they all play good football. And next year it could get even better. My favorite is Steaua ('cause I'm a big fan) - they play very organized but not really attacking (they try to score but they don't do it so often; at least not by now). Rapid is not too constant. They make good matches and let's say "uninspired" matches. My choice would be to watch Dinamo. Since you are a foreigner and don't care too much about the "behind doors" of the Romanian football, Dinamo would be the best choice. Currently they play the most attacking football (and they have very technical players too). And Dinamo stadium has good looking surroundings (compared with Steaua & Rapid). Best wishes and I'd like to hear you soon!
    ex-alpopa

Reputatie
    Dude you not gonna see great football just because most of the players are playing in other leagues but can still see good football from time to time depends on the stakes you should just go to the games and make a decision later wich team you would like to support, be aware here is from time to time like Newcastle sold the game to Manchester United last season so Manchester could win the premiership.....as for Steaua it wasnt luck it's just not the team before 1989 that managed to get in two finals for Champion League. Good luck at least you get to see the games up close and personal me i'm to far in US.
    anti Dinamo, anti oier

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFrumos
    be aware here is from time to time like Newcastle sold the game to Manchester United last season so Manchester could win the premiership.....
    Newcastle did what ?! :O
    It's like saying Steaua sold the game to rivals Dinamo.... I'll take it as a joke...
    ex-alpopa

Reputatie
    When you will come to Bucharest you will be very dissapointed. Not about the city or the people, but about football. Here, in Romania, we don't play football. We play "blaturi".

Reputatie
    My dude, come to Craiova, there you will see the most spectacular soccer ever...leave that bucharest, it sucks, you better come to Craiova, and watch our matches!
    So you are welcome in Craiova, UNIVERSITATEA CRAIOVA is the best, you can be one of us!
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue][B]România, ţara cu sânge alb-albastru[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by ady_azzuro
    My dude, come to Craiova, there you will see the most spectacular soccer ever...leave that bucharest, it sucks, you better come to Craiova, and watch our matches!
    So you are welcome in Craiova, UNIVERSITATEA CRAIOVA is the best, you can be one of us!
    I understand mr. ady_azzuro that u are a Universitatea fan. I am a Steaua fan. Still.....the best football and the most spectacular football is played by DINAMO. We have to agree on that. Regarding Universitatea ...hmm....they're not the best either.......But they could become if they work hard. Harder than Steaua.
    ex-alpopa

Reputatie
    Whatever man, you are not going to see such a spectacular soccer in Romania as you see in the Oltenian metropole, this region is the most famous in Romania, people live the football spirit with a very high intenisity, you can't compare dinamo bucharest, with its 500 fans, with the giant UNIVERSITATEA CRAIOVA which has like 40000 supporters per match, the people in the Oltenia region want to see real football, not all the arranged matches(blaturi sau cum se zice in engleza).
    Universitatea is fourth right now, but we want to get higher, and we want to beat all this mafia called ste-di-ra and to show all that UNIVESITATEA CRAIOVA is the best team ever!

P.S
    Vedeti ce texte am?
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue][B]România, ţara cu sânge alb-albastru[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Mr. Azzuro. Our friend from England expects some spectacular football. At the moment Universitatea can't satisfy his expectations. That's for sure. And please don't tend to generalize "mafia from Bucharest". Universitatea leaders are more likely mobsters than those of Steaua. Just look at Mititelu's face
    ex-alpopa

Reputatie
    Man, you will better keep your mouth at a lower level...
    steaua bucharest it's a comunist team, in the past they took the players from other teams by obligation, they don't know what's fair-play, I guess you Mister RumBucuresti preffer fair-play, not all the crap which most of the bucharest teams practice.
    This man alpopa has a shareholder called jiji becali, he uses to work with sheeps, and he made a lot of money by selling a lot of illegal land! This jiji fecali is a thief, he only likes to steel money, and to give to the poorer people(no I'm joking )
    To be serious, mr popa, you can't compare the mafia from bucharest with the one in Craiova, this comparison is unacceptable
    Think more deeper...
    Last edited by ady_azzuro; 24th December 2003 at 20:59.

sport legend
    Reputatie
    The following sentence
    Quote Originally Posted by ady_azzuro
    Man, you will better keep your mouth at a lower level...
    says it all : YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT! GROW UP!
    END OF STORY

PS : Don't mess the past with the present. If it's true that you are 15 then U din't actually catch the Comunist Era. It was really bad. Worse than now. Much worse. So don't mess it up please...
    ex-alpopa

Reputatie
    Hello,

If you want to see spectacular football, but unfortunately without results, it deserves to follow the team Sportul Studentesc (despite their arena has a disastruous look, at a level of the '50s). It's not a great team,mainly because of lack of finances and the "greats'" (i.e. Dinamo, Steaua and Rapid) interests. Do not expect to see a spectacular football, as in Premier League, because many games, named by Vadim as "blat", are previously "played", as a result of the clubs' owners interests.

I mean that some games represent just a cheap show on the pitch, and the result is arranged after a previous dirty "gentlemen's" agreement between the clubs presidents. Of course, the "Romanian Professional Football League" (PFL) is not involved in these backstage games, but this association manages all of them. In addition, PFL and the Romania Football Federation are strongly determined to reduce the Bucharest teams number in the 1st league, even if all five (Steaua, Dinamo, Rapid, Sportul Studentesc and F.C. National) play a realtively good football, related to the Romanian level.

A team position is established also by the referees, last season two teams, better than ones who remainded in "divizia A", have been relegated after many hostile referees decisions: Sportul Studentesc and UT Arad. Of course, all of these referees atitudes have been coordinated by the PFL, in order to save some weak but finacially powerful teams, or strongly politically supported ones, despite these teams play a very weak and non-spectacular football.

I suggest you to follow initially all the five Bucharest top teams (Steaua, Dinamo, Rapid, Sportul Studentesc and F.C. National), even my favourite (Sportul) plays accidentally in the 2nd Division and to choice free.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!
    Pentru sederei:
    "Sunt succese care te injosesc si infrangeri care te inalta." (Nicolae Iorga)
    "Primul om care a preferat sa injure decat sa dea cu piatra poate fi considerat inventatorul civilizatiei." (Sigmund Freud)
    " Violenta este ultimul refugiu al incompetentei." (Isaac Asimov)

Reputatie
    Yess alpopa and it's not the first time Manchester just won onther game on a goal from outside last week what can i say money buys anything......
    anti Dinamo, anti oier

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by alpopa
    The following sentence

says it all : YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT! GROW UP!
    END OF STORY

PS : Don't mess the past with the present. If it's true that you are 15 then U din't actually catch the Comunist Era. It was really bad. Worse than now. Much worse. So don't mess it up please...
    Man I didn't mean 'shut up', I just meant 'take it easy'!
    If you want I'm not going to mess the past with the present...
    However, our friend can watch all the teams from Bucharest as Gigel Sportul said before, and he can choose whatever team he'd like....

sport legend
    Reputatie
    Yess alpopa and it's not the first time Manchester just won onther game on a goal from outside last week what can i say money buys anything......
    Don't worry. I'm not a Man U fan remember? Anyway....I don't think there are rigged matches in England. In fact, let's ask our friend in England instead. ARE THERE RIGGED MATCHES IN THE PREMIERSHIP? AND IF THERE ARE, PLEASE POST A RECENT EXAMPLE. THANKS.

I won't post anymore in this thread. It appears we are in a continous argue....Cheers!
    ex-alpopa

Reputatie
    you want exemples?...here is two Manchester last week and Newcastle with Manchester last season last game.
    anti Dinamo, anti oier

incepator
    Reputatie
    hi guys! thanks for all your answers i appreciate you all taking the time to write for me!
    i think what i will do is maybe go to see 1 game at the stadium of each team in romania and see if anything happens that makes me like 1 team more than any other!
    hmmmmm i don't think any team can "buy" a good result here, maybe u could pay a goalkeeper a lot of money to play bad (it happened to the liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobalaar a long time ago) but 1 thing we all say in uk is " a football game is for 90 minutes.....unless its Manchester United playing in their stadium and losing by 1-0 because then the referee lets the game go onto 95mins or 100minutes until Manchester get a goal for 1-1!" ) but to be honest the clubs and players here get SO much money each week (Mutu at Chelsea for example must be getting maybe 80,000$ per WEEK! maybe more) so u would have to pay a team $$$$$$$$$$$ to lose a game on purpose, but the referee gets paid only about 500$ per game, even in our premiership league, so maybe sometimes someone could pay the referee (100,000$?) to give someone a bad penalty or a red card etc!
    by the way, when yr country Romania plays, is it more important for you that Romania does well in the world cup or european championships, or that yr club does better in the division 1? i am upset that romania doesn't come to play in Portugal next summer, but i hope u get to the world cup in 2006! thanks again for your advice and i wish u craciun ferecit and a happy year for you in 2004! ROMANIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sport legend
    Reputatie
    you want exemples?...here is two Manchester last week and Newcastle with Manchester last season last game.
    Last season Newcastle met Man U in the 33rd day of the league. The match was played at St. James's Park and was finished 2-6. Strange result indeed. But don't forget that all matches involving Man U and Newcastle had high scores (in the last few years)....Why do you think it was rigged? Do you have arguments? I have some against the so called rigging : 1) Newcastle's most hated rivals are Man U.......that says it all (it's like saying Steaua sold the match to Dinamo or something like that....) 2) Newcastle was in a tough fight for the 4th place and they couldn't have sold that match. It was too important.... 3) English players, chairmen and supporters have dignity....it's obvious if you look a bit at their matches.......
    ex-alpopa

sport legend
    Reputatie
    well rumbucuresti.....when it comes to the national team of Romania we all forget (at least I do) all the rest. It really doesn't matter if a player comes from a rival team or from our team. We support them all in the same manner.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!
    ex-alpopa

Reputatie
    Quote Originally Posted by RumBucuresti
    hi guys! thanks for all your answers i appreciate you all taking the time to write for me!
    thanks again for your advice and i wish u craciun ferecit and a happy year for you in 2004! ROMANIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.smiliearchiv.com/smilies/...childer_26.gif

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! http://www.smiliearchiv.com/smilies/party/party_16.gif

Reputatie
    Guys, chill out, will you? If he wants to come to Romania, we should encourage him (and maybe he'll bring a few friends along with him), not tell him about all the crap that's going on here. Maybe he'll change his mind then.

Rumbucuresti, I recommend Timisoara, a civilized and opened city towards foreigners (besides, it's closer to England than Bucuresti ). You should try a Poli-dinamo game while yo're there. You'll never forget it.
    Best wishes.
    Last edited by Sergio; 25th December 2003 at 21:47.
    La Salonta de 30 de ani facem mezeluri...